Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3000+

Default few qestions bout Malmo, Sweden

Any swedes particularly Malmo residents could help me with this? Would be appreciated.

Consider a bachelor staying 1.5 yrs in malmo. Looking at simple 1 bedroom/kitchen/bath, good internet,basics really.

Public transport (I'm not driving there, I don't get along with speed limits)

Cooking myself etc, eat out 2 times a week or so, get wasted on weekends, pretty much student lifestyle.

How many kroners you think I should bring along for the entire duration as living expense?

Also, what can you buy for 8 kroners (roughly 1 usd)

Any halps is good
    The Original Guybrush Threepwood
    EU 1
    Jump quitting and ctrlaltdelendprocessing since 97.

Normal User

for 8kronas you can buy half a 50cl Coka Cola.
    SCS!

Normal User

I don't know about the cost of live in Malmö, but I can give you some rough examples of what stuff costs:

Pack of Malboro - 45kr
    Beer at the pub - 40kr
    Beer at Systembolaget (only store that sells booze in Sweden) - 10-15kr
    Pizza - 65kr
    1.5L Coca-cola: 18kr
    Decent internetconnection 24mbit or fiber, depending on availability: 300-350kr/month

1000+

8 lollipops. Yummy!

IGN: Kor Phaeron (EU)

8000+

It would be relatively cheap, especialy if you don't live to central. 8kr will get you a can of coca-cola (10kr usualy). Depending on what your rent would be, I'm guessing something like 3000kr a month and about 1000-1500kr for food a month.

soo about 70k should cover it I guess. Still, I don't know the pricing down there for renting an apartment, just estimating.

Edit: 65 for pizza? That better be some good god damn pizza, I'd say the avarage is 50kr.
    Last edited by Agge; 01-23-2009 at 08:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viranth View Post
    Welcome to OT, your 15 minutes are up.

Normal User

Internet in sweden is very well distributed, and I imagine that the price is pretty decent too. But hey, I'm norwegian so wtf do I know.
    Last edited by Shish; 01-23-2009 at 09:13.

Normal User

norwegians dont have a say.

Sweden is a boring country. Don't come here :>

But since you really want to, bring 100-150k kronors.
    The Magical Realist
    Doesn't understand what a "game" is. Constantly makes arguments based on what would be "realistic," even if the game is set in a fantasy world run by wizards and pixies.
    Complainers of the world: Unite!

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Agge View Post
    It would be relatively cheap, especialy if you don't live to central. 8kr will get you a can of coca-cola (10kr usualy). Depending on what your rent would be, I'm guessing something like 3000kr a month and about 1000-1500kr for food a month.

soo about 70k should cover it I guess. Still, I don't know the pricing down there for renting an apartment, just estimating.

Edit: 65 for pizza? That better be some good god damn pizza, I'd say the avarage is 50kr.
    Pizzaprices depend alot on where you live, in Örebro a pizza usually dont cost more than 45kr. But in Karlskoga and Söderhamn a ordinary Capriciosa cost about 60-65kr.

Normal User

What's said above is true, pizza is usually ranged 45-65 depending on where you order from.

You say living student life, well CSN (the swedish student union) pays/loans ya around 7k a month and it's usually enough to get around on, though a bit slim at times. That beeing said, alot of people will pick up work just to be able to get wasted a bit more often.

Normal User

8 kronor will give you a beer "Slots guld" @ Systembolaget i warn you tho this beer tastes more or less like water

7000+

8 kronor will get you about 2 packs of noodles. ;-}

2000+ Long term follower

I can't really say how much cash you should bring for 1,5 years, but the others numbers seem plausible. 8 kr will buy you cheap ass coffee that tastes like it was made in someones ass, or any of the other things mentioned. But forget about the pizzas, the real deal is the kebab, which you can get a good one for about 45-50 kr. Also public transportation in Malmö is just busses, the place is small enough that you can get to most places simply by walking or bike without any larger problems. But here comes the big tip, as you're close to Lund (takes about 20-30 mins with pågatåget which is a local train) all your partying should if possible be taken care of there, it's a student city filled with student bars, which leads to low prices for even good beer in those bars which is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc the Iron Tyrant of Forumfall
    I should kill you all and get it over with now.
    Google-fighting champion of Forumfall.

3000+

Thanks, so far great info.

Malmo because the one uni in the world that awards the phd I want is there.

Want to bring just enough funds as mostly a lesson in humility, as well as to allow my easily distracted ass to focus on studies instead of chain partying and doubling the population of sweden.

Not getting on campus accomodation because at 22 I doubt I mesh well with the other phd lot, 3-4k kroners for an apartment sounds very reasonable, furnished that is, I don't do fung shwei shit.

3$ for a decent beer and some 6$ for a pizza is quite good
    6$ for a pack of smokes I'd a rip, but oh well guess it will force down my consumption.

300 kr for (to me) blazing fast internets is practically free, I pay some 1000kr atm for 2mb over here heh

Thanks forumfall
    The Original Guybrush Threepwood
    EU 1
    Jump quitting and ctrlaltdelendprocessing since 97.

Swedish chicks are hot.
    http://img155.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=59956_sig.php_122_715lo.jp  g