Thread: Skate 2 Soon!!

Normal User

Default Skate 2 Soon!!

Who here is so damm excited by skate 2 being released in EU friday 23.01.09.

Man i Love the first one so much and this one is looking so damm nice. The new finger flip tricks, mixed with bean plants and flat landing. should be good.

My only 2 bad things to say about #2 is....

why have they added a hurt yourself mode, where you have to gain the high score by thorwing yourself off something. Can't they leave this crap to Tony Hawks.

2nd no darkslides.

any ways, whats your thoughts?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JonnnyHavoc View Post

Man i Love the first one so much and this one is looking so damm nice. The new finger flip tricks, mixed with bean plants and flat landing. should be good.

why have they added a hurt yourself mode, where you have to gain the high score by thorwing yourself off something. Can't they leave this crap to Tony Hawks.

2nd no darkslides.

My brother was a skater. He use to whip my ass alot. Until i grew up and he realized he was a pussy and couldnt do anything to stop me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JonnnyHavoc View Post

2nd no darkslides.

Yeah i was surprised that they had not put in darkslides( or any of mullens flatland tricks ). I think it will still be a good game though, the moving of things and getting off the board is bad ass.

Normal User

the off board feels alittle heavy but the idea of moving stuff and creating your own spot looks wicked.

btw the guy whos said his brother was a skater. What point was you trying to make? because to me it seemed you have your own disccuss then wrote down the responce of that topic on here. hehehe

Normal User

I loved skate 1

I am pretty excited about Skate 2 also, I am trying to decide if I should buy it or just rent it until I finish it. With the ability to move stuff around to make your own spots to skate, it will probably have good replay value.
    John Spartan you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.

Normal User

I'll rent it. That's about it.

8000+

Although I enjoyed SSX, I never realy got why people just don't skate irl etc etc, is it because you can't pull of the same things? The risk involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Viranth View Post
    Welcome to OT, your 15 minutes are up.

Normal User

Because it takes many years of practice in real life to pull off the tricks you can learn in a day in Skate. I am never going to be a pro skater in real life, I am too old, tool uncool and too unco
    John Spartan you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.

Normal User

well to answer why ppl don't skate irl, it takes any where from 1 - to rest of your life to learn how to skate. I have been skating since i was 14 and i still can't do half the shit i can do with a flick of the stick in skate.

also i ripped a tendant in my kneecap, so half the time i have to becaful while skating, in Skate i can throw him off a building and he'll be ok. ;-]D

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Agge View Post
    Although I enjoyed SSX, I never realy got why people just don't skate irl etc etc, is it because you can't pull of the same things? The risk involved?
    Same reason people play Guitar Hero, FPSs, or anything else for that matter.

Banned

too bad I sold my xbox 360 with 3 games for 1500 crowns

btw, guitar hero can suck my hairy balls

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
    Same reason people play Guitar Hero, FPSs, or anything else for that matter.
    Nah, the thing is as I see it, and the very reason I only like the EXTREME sport games out there, is that the rest of the things I can acctualy do IRL.

You can't kill people irl like in a FPS, you can't be a leader of a expandle army irl and just do whatever the hell you feel like them etc etc

Basicly, I'd say I play games because I can't do it IRL.

Now some sport/racing games you CAN do IRL, thus I don't see a good reason to not just do that instead. Ofcourse as already mentioned you can't pull of the same tricks, but unless they are extreme somehow I don't see the excitement in it.

Soo your dude did a 360? Wow, thats cool. Again, if it's some crazy as shit like jumping betwen building and landing on a rail, it's a totaly difrent story, but frome what I seen skate games tend to be quite... lame.

3000+

Nah, the thing is as I see it, and the very reason I only like the EXTREME sport games out there, is that the rest of the things I can acctualy do IRL.

You can't kill people irl like in a FPS, you can't be a leader of a expandle army irl and just do whatever the hell you feel like them etc etc

Now some sport/racing games you CAN do IRL, thus I don't see a good reason to not just do that instead. Ofcourse as already mentioned you can't pull of the same tricks, but unless they are extreme somehow I don't see the excitement in it.

Soo your dude did a 360? Wow, thats cool. Again, if it's some crazy as shit like jumping betwen building and landing on a rail, it's a totaly difrent story, but frome what I seen skate games tend to be quite... lame.
    I've always thought of skating as being extremely boring IRL, but never had any problem having fun with the games. Of course, the Tony Hawk games I played weren't really skating as much as they were superman with a skateboard glued to his feet.

Normal User

Then it sounds like Tony Hawk is for you.

SKATE is for people who want a more authentic skating experience. It is not just the act of skating but the whole life style of a Pro Skater that is represented with skate.

Impossible tricks have been done to death in Tony Hawk's games, Skate brings something fresh and new to the skating simulation market.

If you want to make a comparison between shoot em up type games.

Skate2 would be GTA4 where as Tony Hawk's previous games would be Half-Life 2 or Crysis or some game where you are not shooting Humans and are doing impossible things.

I get what you are saying though. I like to watch movies that contain themes not set in our reality, but for gaming I guess I the more real it feels the better.

Killing aliens and 1000 metre jumps gets old fast.
    Last edited by Kinjo695; 01-21-2009 at 10:47.

8000+

I guess it has to do with what you said, lifestyle, more then the game itself. Hockey/football etc games are realy a proof of that.