Page 1 of 12 1211 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Default Best all around fighting style/martial art?

It seems that Darkfall calls to those who enjoy the brutal side of things. I assume gamers who enjoy hardcore PVP might have the same view for the real world and I wonder what you consider to be the best all around fighting style.
    In real life.
    ...or am I disillusioned here and everybody is fat and pasty?

4000+

love is the best fighting style, baby.

Banned

I would choose any style Kung-Fu..or

A machine gun, and 2 pistols of my choosing.

8000+

Lots of martial artists around here, but personally I find .45acp works the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

1000+
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    This is off topic, if you don't like it get the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaregood230 View Post
    Kill 'em and grill 'em. Cannibalize these fat bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklily
    When you see a woman, do you lunge for her boobs or her brain? Only zombies go for women for their brains

6000+

Cool

define "best", imo

then i can help you
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    define "best", imo

then i can help you
    Yeah alot of martial arts can be situational.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zinsane View Post
    It seems that Darkfall calls to those who enjoy the brutal side of things. I assume gamers who enjoy hardcore PVP might have the same view for the real world and I wonder what you consider to be the best all around fighting style.
    In real life.
    ...or am I disillusioned here and everybody is fat and pasty?
    Kuk Sool Won

> *.*

It's such an amazing fighting style that Bruce Lee asked a master of it to be in his movie, Enter the Dragon. The master asked 'what would happen in this movie?' And Bruce Lee said 'We would have an epic battle, at the end of it I would win'.

The master looked him dead in the eye and said 'that would never happen'.

So he didn't do the movie.

PwNeD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuk_Sool_Won

Normal User

I have decided that as an average person it is much more wise to put your faith into a pair of steel toed boots and a concealed weapons permit than any martial art.

I would have to go with LINE as the most badass martial art though. For those who don't know, it was an older version of the martial art that they teach U.S. Marines. They changed because it was only good for killing people and they needed at least some of the people that the marines fought against alive.
    "Cattle die kindred die every man is mortal, but i know one thing that never dies, the glory of the great dead" - Viking Poem

89% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Jesus came here to kick ass and cure leprosy, and i dont see any lepors around here.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Zinsane View Post
    In real life.
    I enjoy the brutal side of things, I guess... I've been fighting for my whole life, just as sparring, but been in a few real fights. Martial artists shouldn't be openly brutal, though. They should only use it when they need to. It's just for self-defense and sport. For an all-around best style, I'd say Tae Kwon Do. Especially general sparring, grappling, and hapkido. You can't really fight unless you actually practice those.

Kicking ftw!
    Last edited by Rathynas; 01-16-2009 at 21:49.

Hmm... I think I'm going to wait on this one. Fuck it. I don't believe thee is a best martial art. Only a better fighter or one who understands and adapts. I'm going to refrain from epeening and let some other guys do that.
    It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

1000+
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    This is off topic, if you don't like it get the fuck out.
    Quote Originally Posted by popsaregood230 View Post
    Kill 'em and grill 'em. Cannibalize these fat bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklily
    When you see a woman, do you lunge for her boobs or her brain? Only zombies go for women for their brains

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Rathynas View Post
    For an all-around best style, I'd say Tae Kwon Do.
    I took Tae Kwon Doe and believe me, a pair of head stomping boots and a knife works much better.
    Last edited by Ace07; 01-16-2009 at 21:48.
    "Cattle die kindred die every man is mortal, but i know one thing that never dies, the glory of the great dead" - Viking Poem

89% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Jesus came here to kick ass and cure leprosy, and i dont see any lepors around here.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ace07 View Post
    I took Tae Kwon Doe and believe me, a pair of head stomping boots and a knife works much better.
    From a McDojo, I assume? Did you do grappling, sparring, and hapkido? Did they teach you how to go from deflecting a knife to an armbar? What about how to knock someone out in four seconds, without even hitting them? I guess not.