??

3000+

Yes.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
    Yes.
    WHY OH WHY!??!?!?!+1+1+1+1+! noooo!1111

Normal User

i was thinking about trying it but.... i dont have windows vista disc for the reinstall.

Normal User

i like the ui seems alot faster less bloatware can only hope ms dont bloat it up till relese its way better the vista tho at startup it used like 800mb ram

Normal User

my friend has tried it...appearently its thebomb.com
    Friends through Fire
    Riphotsuma - "I am sorry Tasos, but this isnt Sparta anymore."

Normal User

What I've tried I've liked
    Only the mediocre are always at their best.
    _
    _
    _

_

Normal User

pretty stable for an initial beta. Found a few bugs that crashed my system, but nothing major. Don't bother getting it for a primary OS if you never beta tested an OS before. Best option is to get a VM set up and run it in there. Or if you have a spare computer you are not using, then that will work too.

I really hope they have some more features in it. Yes it works really well right now, but it is nothing revolutionary like XP was over 98/ME/2000. It almost feels as if it would be more or less a Vista Service pack 2 for Vista than a truly new OS.

Memory footprint is pretty good on default install also.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Brezick View Post
    pretty stable for an initial beta. Found a few bugs that crashed my system, but nothing major. Don't bother getting it for a primary OS if you never beta tested an OS before. Best option is to get a VM set up and run it in there. Or if you have a spare computer you are not using, then that will work too.

I really hope they have some more features in it. Yes it works really well right now, but it is nothing revolutionary like XP was over 98/ME/2000. It almost feels as if it would be more or less a Vista Service pack 2 for Vista than a truly new OS.

Memory footprint is pretty good on default install also.
    I've heard similar things. The only turn-off is that I'm going to end up paying microsoft $200-$300 to fix what should have worked in vista.

Have they fixed the godawful search from vista? I couldn't find SHIT with that thing. The search was my main gripe with vista, and if they've fixed it that's enough of an incentive to make the switch when 7 is released.

Spoiler
    Spoiler

Normal User

I've been running it 3 days, no crashes. It's pretty speedy too. All drivers installed no problem. It's pretty much what vista should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickfield View Post
    I've heard similar things. The only turn-off is that I'm going to end up paying microsoft $200-$300 to fix what should have worked in vista.

Have they fixed the godawful search from vista? I couldn't find SHIT with that thing. The search was my main gripe with vista, and if they've fixed it that's enough of an incentive to make the switch when 7 is released.
    Jesus, it better not cost that much to upgrade from Vista... That is retarded.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

Quote Originally Posted by Salardc View Post
    anyone try windows 7???

any good
    ??
    oh you mean VISTA 2. yes, and its' not all that. But it is a bit better than vista orginal.

4000+ Long term follower

My roommate has it running.

It's nice. It looks like vista, but things happen moar quickly.

There are some nice improvements too, such as being able to click on the wireless network icon in the system tray and just select from the available networks there from a little slide-up window like every other operating system had 6 years ago.
    DELICIOUS
    "Vendor buy bank guards." - Trad.
    Join the Cybernations Darkfall Alliance.

Normal User

I've been using it for a couple days so far. Only thing I've had a few hang ups with is networking (my computer just sat there endlessly searching for the other computers on the network and wouldn't restart or shut down).

Also, I don't really get the point of the "HomeGroup" feature and there's no documentation for it in the help file yet. Apparently it's only good if you have multiple Win7 computers so I just set my Win7 install to use the old workgroup style network.

Haven't tried any games besides fallout 2 (yea I said two) which worked for the most part, and somehow plays at my desktop resolution of 1280x1024, instead of the default 640x480 (but there's a minor graphic glitch with the videos and anything white that somehow fixes itself if you alt+tab the game while having the display option in the control panel open, weird I know, going to have to experiment some more with it)

Anyways I'm downloading TF2 from Steam so I'll see how that works. Wanted to try some Battlefield 2 but apparently the good folks running PunkBuster won't update to cover Win7 until it's a final release so what happens is that you just end up getting kicked from any server that uses PB.
    Spoiler

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rikuno View Post
    my friend has tried it...appearently its thebomb.com
    Never say that again, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickfield View Post

Haha, you paid for vista.
    I have so many fans.