Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    2000+

Default Diablo 2 question

I recently started playing the Median mod for D2 (holy shit it rocks) and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way for me to xfer single player character data from 1 pc to another. Do I just copy the MPQ file like I did initially?? Is there a way to do this at all? I'd appreciate any info.

Normal User

yo dawg we heard you like Diablo so we put a Diablo inside your Diablo so you can play while you play

4000+

Yeah, but you'd need to transfer the character data as well. I haven't done it in a while, but I think there are three types of files for each character, two of which are hidden.

Also, you should probably install Median first on the other PC.

2000+

yep i have median on both computers. i see a registration file and three others for each character like you said

seems like it should be fairly simple

thanks!

Normal User

For god's sake, don't play median, it's bad.

Play Eastern Sun mod, now that's a badass mod.
    Captain Falcord from EVE online.
    Gray Fog Cartel is looking for "different" PvPers.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Falcord View Post
    For god's sake, don't play median, it's bad.

Play Eastern Sun mod, now that's a badass mod.
    bad? elaborate

ill check out that other mod

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by saltwaterteffy View Post
    bad? elaborate

ill check out that other mod
    Well, bad is not the word maybe, I just hate it.

Median is just a mediocre mod that gives you a ton of imbalanced, disco skills that will bring up your latent epilepsy and add nothing to the enjoyment of the game. There are new items and stuff, but again, they're simply imbalanced.

On the other hand, Eastern Sun is practically a remake of the whole game: New balanced and different skill trees for each character (the necro has a few specs related to fighting with a scythe, for example). The world has a lot of extra secret areas, and there are a lot of new monsters.

In fact, the coolest thing about Eastern Sun is that the item system has not only been completely remade, but it's like twice as big as vanilla item database. Twice the uniques, twice the runewords (hell, there are even GEM words!) All the runes are different and based on japanese Kanji btw.
    Really, this mod is a lot of fun. I played through it all with a Scythe Necro and I enjoyed diablo at it's best. Also, if you think the game is easy, there are a few special areas that will drive the most experienced D2 players crazy. Give it a try.
    Last edited by Falcord; 01-09-2009 at 11:54.
    Captain Falcord from EVE online.
    Gray Fog Cartel is looking for "different" PvPers.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Dimgo View Post
    yo dawg we heard you like Diablo so we put a Diablo inside your Diablo so you can play while you play
    http://wwxzd.tripod.com/sitebuilderc...res/xzibit.jpg

Normal User

why would anyone still play diablo? Isnt it like 10 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteF1ame View Post
    Why does anyone play chess? It's like a thousand+ years old?

Good game is a good game. Diablo 2 is still a good game.

Normal User

I'm not even a Diablo fan, I've grown a huge distaste over the years for it but its age should have nothing to do with it.

I've went back and played PC games hitting the 20yr mark and still had far more fun than I've had with most off what's being getting released in the last 5yrs or so.

3000+

A game's age doesn't matter; gameplay does.

I didn't know there were mods for Diablo 2.

Assassin. Retarded. Ridiculous. Rogue. Genius. Lose. Learn how to spell them.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ultor83 View Post
    I'm not even a Diablo fan, I've grown a huge distaste over the years for it but its age should have nothing to do with it.

I've went back and played PC games hitting the 20yr mark and still had far more fun than I've had with most off what's being getting released in the last 5yrs or so.
    Sad, but bloody well true. Hell, it's so fucking obvious even an 09er knows it.

This topic is tempting me to bust out the original Diablo actually, the ambiance in that was damned well unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcord View Post
    Well, bad is not the word maybe, I just hate it.

Median is just a mediocre mod that gives you a ton of imbalanced, disco skills that will bring up your latent epilepsy and add nothing to the enjoyment of the game. There are new items and stuff, but again, they're simply imbalanced.

On the other hand, Eastern Sun is practically a remake of the whole game: New balanced and different skill trees for each character (the necro has a few specs related to fighting with a scythe, for example). The world has a lot of extra secret areas, and there are a lot of new monsters.

In fact, the coolest thing about Eastern Sun is that the item system has not only been completely remade, but it's like twice as big as vanilla item database. Twice the uniques, twice the runewords (hell, there are even GEM words!) All the runes are different and based on japanese Kanji btw.
    Really, this mod is a lot of fun. I played through it all with a Scythe Necro and I enjoyed diablo at it's best. Also, if you think the game is easy, there are a few special areas that will drive the most experienced D2 players crazy. Give it a try.
    This.

Eastern sun pwns face and completely revitalizes the game for sure.

Normal User

Same reason people still play Starcraft. Because it is an excellent, well-made game.
    "I can't help it if people run the blockade, I'm just here to chase them across the border and bludgeon them into finely ground particles of manflesh."

-Sargon