PDA

View Full Version : So I got Fallout 3 for Christmas...

Lethn
12-26-2008, 11:33
And while its fun, albeit typically Oblivion engine, the dialogue options are great and I just love the fact that the world is grittily violent like in RL, if you throw a grenade at someone you can blow off their leg! They won't just do over-exaggerated grunts of pain and carry on shooting at you, same goes for if you shoot them in certain places and cause lots of damage they start limping exactly as they should.

Now what pisses me off is why the fuck is it so fucking hard for developers to just fucking make games that actually WORK? I read the comments about Fallout 3 and decided against buying it myself until they brought a new patch out which is supposedly coming soon, I guess after the holidays. But fucks sake, my computer ran this game better than fine when it isn't crashing or jittering to a halt and yet the fucking game itself takes a huge memory dump and shits all over my PC. The reason I know this is just now I got the blue screen of death after I was fighting some mercenaries in the game ( I could've gotten a bloody energy rifle :( ) and it bitched about physical memory loss and restarted.

What the fuck is wrong with these stupid idiotic developers?! When I pay for a product I expect the fucking thing not to fall apart from me at the slightest touch, the same goes for fucking software or games, when I click fire I expect it to fire, not suddenly cause the computer to die on me.

For the record my computer runs the Oblivion engine better than fine as I said and I had the quality on low anyway just so I could run it better, but fuck me, a game hasn't pissed me off this much since Bioshock and Supreme Commander.

Half of these games that I bitch about wouldn't actually be so bad if they weren't fucking broken to the core and never got fixed, I know Bethesda will fix it up though because they are a decent company but fucks sake.

Tiarilir
12-26-2008, 11:37
And this deserved its own thread why?
You should use search, Lethn. And while you're at it, write an anime about it.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 11:38

Die in fire asshole

Woodiwood
12-26-2008, 11:40
Yea happened to me alot too... But save alot and that's not a problem for me.. I just hated the AI: ohh no, that guy has a crosshair on me, I'd rather dodge the crosshair. I just hate when they move out of my aim, same with some CS and CSS bots.. they couldn't make good AI so they just made the bots move away from your crosshair. SUCKY!

Forgin
12-26-2008, 11:40
I had no perfomance issues with Fallout 3, it ran fine.
The game itself though....

Tiarilir
12-26-2008, 11:43
Die in fire asshole

Seriously though, this has been discussed to death already. You should face reality and not slack behind 17 years. Everytime I read what you write you remind me of this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhfhyZkZao&feature=related) little fella', but not a happy one. You're turning into a whiner Lethn, never go full whiner.

Also, the G.E.C.K has been released, and that's something to rejoice over, since we'll soon have some awesome mods out there. Fallout 3 was a much better game than Oblivion was vanilla, and I'm sure the modders will create some awesome stuff.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 11:44
Your emo Tiarlilir, just get over it ;)

Oh and stop trying to derail my thread from the beginning, you have to wait a page or two for it to work successfully.

Tiarilir
12-26-2008, 11:45
Your emo Tiarlilir, just get over it ;)

Yes, obviously, since you're so clever and all. I expected you to come up with something more... original... as an insult. Like my manboobs, for example.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 11:46
Yes, obviously, since you're so clever and all. I expected you to come up with something more... original... as an insult. Like my manboobs, for example.

If you've already thought of it then its not original :D

Tiarilir
12-26-2008, 11:52
If you've already thought of it then its not original :D

At least we're having constructive discussion now. Hi, my name is simon. And I'm emo. Because people say so. And because I have a piercing in my lip, I cut myself. I cut myself because I hate life, and it's some weird way to let out the pain inside. It makes me feeel butter. I have no friends, except all those people who look exactly like me because I'm so sexy. I made a compilation of my best pictures. Have a look (http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3943/simongaybo9.jpg), honeypie. Also, I wear make-up because it makes people see when I cry, and it makes it so much more obvious. I only want attention, but no one gives it to me. GIVE ME ATTENTION, PLEASE.

Was that enough of a derail for you? I haven't written a single post without providing some material worth of discussion in this thread. You should've used search, because this topic has been discussed to death.
Now the G.E.C.K is a mod creation kit for Fallout 3, it was released about 15 days or so ago. www.fallout3nexus.com stores some files already, you should check it out. Maybe with the mods it will become a really good game, instead of simply a good game.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 11:55
lol *shoos*

In case you haven't realized I'm talking about the instability of the game not how boring it is, read properly.

CuriousGeorge
12-26-2008, 11:58
Maybe you should buy a better computer. *problem solved*

Girth
12-26-2008, 11:59
Ran perfect for me most settings maxed 2 crashes in 30 some hours of gameplay + alt tabbing on a regular basis and hell I run vista 64. As for the low on memory shit buy more ram you cheap bastard they basically give ddr2 away these days.

Agge
12-26-2008, 11:59

Your the only swede I like here.

Sometimes.

Thunderjohn
12-26-2008, 12:00
Btw i was wondering, did they make an animation for the character when you press up and left/right or does he just slide like in oblivion?

Tiarilir
12-26-2008, 12:00
lol *shoos*

In case you haven't realized I'm talking about the instability of the game not how boring it is, read properly.

The instability of the game can be fixed with mods. It was done in Oblivion, although that game wasn't as instable. Also, the game has only been out for a little while. Patches will follow soon.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 12:01
It ain't just me on this issue either, I've got a bit more than 2 gig of RAM on my PC hundreds of people have been bitching about this issue.

Oh and as for the PC, I'm going to be upgrading it soon enough.

Pernix
12-26-2008, 12:08
Fuck knows what Bethesda was thinking when releasing this. I have it installed on my pc and laptop. My pc is way older than my laptop but it runs it just fine. On my laptop I'm able to play for about 5 minutes before I CTD.

There are indeed tons of people having the same issues and there are also tons of "solutions" posted on the official forums. I'd just wait for the patch.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 12:14
There are indeed tons of people having the same issues and there are also tons of "solutions" posted on the official forums. I'd just wait for the patch.

What I'm planning to do really anyway, I do like the game, its just I felt the need to bitch and see if others were having the same problems I don't understand why developers feel the bloody need to release games in such a shit fashion.

Tiarilir
12-26-2008, 12:17
What I'm planning to do really anyway, I do like the game, its just I felt the need to bitch and see if others were having the same problems I don't understand why developers feel the bloody need to release games in such a shit fashion.

Like always, eh?

Lethn
12-26-2008, 12:17
Like always, eh?

Aww how cute! Its still trying! :p

DrGreenThumb
12-26-2008, 12:20
ok i know that my question is going waaaay off topic but... in Fallout3 can you toggle ironsights, or set an option for it, or is it like farcry2's gay 'hold down right click constantly' to aim?

Lethn
12-26-2008, 12:21
ok i know that my question is going waaaay off topic but... in Fallout3 can you toggle ironsights, or set an option for it, or is it like farcry2's gay 'hold down right click constantly' to aim?

If your talking about aiming more etc. you hold down the right mouse button yes.

Girth
12-26-2008, 12:21
Aww how cute! Its still trying! :p

good for +1's amirite?

Anyways some games are just picky when it comes to systems such in the nature of pc gaming, but i'd take inconsistencies and buggier games with community mods and patch downloads with better gfx over a console game anyday (except sports, pc sports games are downright terrible :().

Lethn
12-26-2008, 12:23
Now bugs and such are easy to fix, especially if you make the game fully moddable, but when it comes to shit that causes the game itself to be unplayable that's when you've got to scratch your head and wonder why the hell would this game developer release a broken game?

DrGreenThumb
12-26-2008, 12:24
If your talking about aiming more etc. you hold down the right mouse button yes.

Ah thanks Lethn, i wasn't too sure. I'll have to have a look at some mods, if people have made them to change it. The hold the right click was what really fucked me off with farcry2, i mean ffs were on a pc, we should be able to change it.

Although i have been looking at that autohotkey program, to try and make farcry2 right click toggle, we just shouldn't have to do it though.

Agge
12-26-2008, 12:25
Like always, eh?

Zing!

Girth
12-26-2008, 12:27
Now bugs and such are easy to fix, especially if you make the game fully moddable, but when it comes to shit that causes the game itself to be unplayable that's when you've got to scratch your head and wonder why the hell would this game developer release a broken game?

It works on plenty systems and well it don't work on some, its not broken, its just functionally impaired. Also run a defrag if you haven't does wonders for helping crashing games when the data is you know...neatly arranged for quick accessed by the hd.

Girth
12-26-2008, 12:31
Ah thanks Lethn, i wasn't too sure. I'll have to have a look at some mods, if people have made them to change it. The hold the right click was what really fucked me off with farcry2, i mean ffs were on a pc, we should be able to change it.

Although i have been looking at that autohotkey program, to try and make farcry2 right click toggle, we just shouldn't have to do it though.

Ya I know damn I mean seriously why have to actually "pick your gun up and hold it" that's totally lame you know, its illogical that you would have to HOLD the gun up to shoot down the ironsights everyone knows they magically float til your done pulling the trigger.

Dredgon
12-26-2008, 12:35
Lethn you little nooblet, stop buying cardboard PC's.

Fro
12-26-2008, 12:36
Why make a great game when you can make more money pumping out crappy games?

DrGreenThumb
12-26-2008, 12:39
Ya I know damn I mean seriously why have to actually "pick your gun up and hold it" that's totally lame you know, its illogical that you would have to HOLD the gun up to shoot down the ironsights everyone knows they magically float til your done pulling the trigger.

Yea, it's just madness, as pc users we should be able to toggle that in options. I find it sucks bad, constantly holding down that click, putting extra strain on you or your mouse. It just seems like a crap new feature these games are putting in now from these damn xbox ports. Hell even in cod4 you have the option to toggle.

Girth
12-26-2008, 12:47
Yea, it's just madness, as pc users we should be able to toggle that in options. I find it sucks bad, constantly holding down that click, putting extra strain on you or your mouse. It just seems like a crap new feature these games are putting in now from these damn xbox ports. Hell even in cod4 you have the option to toggle.

They could always give you a toggle and make you have to untoggle before you can move, the holding the button would suddenly be much more appealing.
and ofc theres always counter strike

DrGreenThumb
12-26-2008, 12:52
They could always give you a toggle and make you have to untoggle before you can move, the holding the button would suddenly be much more appealing.
and ofc theres always counter strike

I just think as pc users we should be able to keybind it or at least have the option to, like 90% of other fps type games.

Girth
12-26-2008, 13:05
I just think as pc users we should be able to keybind it or at least have the option to, like 90% of other fps type games.

I typically use right click as my jump button, I got along just fine holding the button down and rebinding my jump key, suck it up it only gets worse from here, as pc games get slaughtered by the gayness which is console gaming. Sports out, FPS at bat, and MMORPG on deck for the next genres to feel the wrath of shitty games with 2 hrs of (crappy)gameplay for 50-60$ :(

Enerzeal
12-26-2008, 13:09
Ran fallout 3 fine, same as sup com and bioshock, my advice... Upgrade...

Ohh and engergy rifles are shite, go kill the guy who thinks hes a vampire and take his sword, or get the good old Rifle, max out sneak, and 1 shot everything with a pulse.

Then start again on max settings for a trial, then get bored after a week and forget about the game. Worked for me!

Timthelord
12-26-2008, 13:47
Fallout 3 never crashes on my PS3.

saltwaterteffy
12-26-2008, 13:50
fallout 3 never crashes on my PC~

those that claim it is oblivion need to buy a fucking clue. Tired of hearing that shit. Its completely different.

Sandrix
12-26-2008, 14:51
Have you guys heard of the framerate stuttering issue? I'm not talking about low framerate, its stuttering caused by too many frames being drawn ahead. Or something, its so stupid my brain refuses to understand it, just like the way that US dollars are loaned into exist, I refuse to understand that.

I have to open fallout3.exe through a java program that somehow clamps the fps to 60 before it will run smooth, which also meant I had to downgrade to medium settings or else the game would run in slow-mo when it couldn't keep up.

That was aside from the incompatibility with my sound card (have to use USB headphones to play) and a whole raft of registry values I had to change to get the memory leaks to stop crashing my shit. (I don't even remember what I was changing, found the solution on the bethesda forums and followed the instructions.)

By the time I got it working perfectly, I had already had so much fun messing around with my computer to make it work that actually playing the game seemed a hollow and meaningless activity. Game running smooth = I win, game over.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 14:56
By the time I got it working perfectly, I had already had so much fun messing around with my computer to make it work that actually playing the game seemed a hollow and meaningless activity. Game running smooth = I win, game over.

Wait for the patch, I think that's all I'm going to do and not play it until it's out, I should not have to be forced into fiddling about with settings just so I can play one bloody game.

Bethesda should have made sure it worked, but they didn't, looks like we're just going to have to wait now lmao.

Sabbathius
12-26-2008, 15:03
I got Fallout 3 at release. Never had it crash, ever, except when sometimes you exit the game and it hangs. There are also plenty of mods to change many things about it, and tools for you to do things of your own if you wish. Excellent stability, excellent potential for modification. For me, it's the game of the year, nothing else comes even close.

Anyone complaining about how easy it is, the "max out steak and one-shot" people, download a mod that jacks up the difficulty, there are even mods where it's basically one-shot kill, you take a shot to the head, you die. Or a mod that jacks up the health of everyone, yourself included, so that it becomes an 80's action movie, where anything less than 28 rounds to the head just will not do. I'm just not buying any of that nonsense about how the game is short, it took me most of the month to finish the main quest with some of the side-quests, and even then not all of them, and I still haven't seen a goodly portion of the game's original content. And difficulty is so easy to change. My main complain was that on hard it wasn't hard enough, so I jacked up the HP to triple normal, you will NEVER one-shot anyone, even with a crit to the head with Lincoln's Repeater, and made XP at the speed 1/2 of normal. So I hit 20 just as I was heading to the Citadel for the last time.

So Fallout 3 is the only game in the last few years where you can tweak any element of gameplay to your liking. Crashes are different, but I've never had any, it's probably your PC.

Spinewire
12-26-2008, 15:20
And while its fun, albeit typically Oblivion engine, the dialogue options are great and I just love the fact that the world is grittily violent like in RL, if you throw a grenade at someone you can blow off their leg! They won't just do over-exaggerated grunts of pain and carry on shooting at you, same goes for if you shoot them in certain places and cause lots of damage they start limping exactly as they should.

Now what pisses me off is why the fuck is it so fucking hard for developers to just fucking make games that actually WORK? I read the comments about Fallout 3 and decided against buying it myself until they brought a new patch out which is supposedly coming soon, I guess after the holidays. But fucks sake, my computer ran this game better than fine when it isn't crashing or jittering to a halt and yet the fucking game itself takes a huge memory dump and shits all over my PC. The reason I know this is just now I got the blue screen of death after I was fighting some mercenaries in the game ( I could've gotten a bloody energy rifle :( ) and it bitched about physical memory loss and restarted.

What the fuck is wrong with these stupid idiotic developers?! When I pay for a product I expect the fucking thing not to fall apart from me at the slightest touch, the same goes for fucking software or games, when I click fire I expect it to fire, not suddenly cause the computer to die on me.

For the record my computer runs the Oblivion engine better than fine as I said and I had the quality on low anyway just so I could run it better, but fuck me, a game hasn't pissed me off this much since Bioshock and Supreme Commander.

Half of these games that I bitch about wouldn't actually be so bad if they weren't fucking broken to the core and never got fixed, I know Bethesda will fix it up though because they are a decent company but fucks sake.
I think this will explain how i feel about you and this post.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oTc2CsyTch0&feature=related

The impatient can skip on down to the 20-40 sec mark.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 15:25

Is anyone else getting annoyed at the attempts to derail any thread I post in?

Try harder n00b

Spinewire
12-26-2008, 15:38
Is anyone else getting annoyed at the attempts to derail any thread I post in?
You are just oozing irony today arn't you.

It's you venting like a little girl in an extraneous thread, L2Search.

"Boo Hoo my christmas present won't work *stamps foot* developers are idiots *stamps foot* i could make a better game than this! I would code it and do all the art work and the textures and the animation and fill it with loads of pre pubesiant girls.

However i won't tell any of you lot what i'm going to do as you will steal my planz!"

Lethn
12-26-2008, 15:39
Clearly you don't see the irony of you whining about my whining and the fact that you have saggy tits in your sig as a desperate attempt to show off your obvious manliness.

Fro
12-26-2008, 15:40

the guy playing in the video is a home schooled bible bashing christian american who likes MCR. If it wasn't for his awesome electric violin i would declare him the biggest asshole on the planet.

Eldaran
12-26-2008, 15:43
OP should get a decent computer. Fallout 3 runs great with no crashes on my brother and my own computers.

Spinewire
12-26-2008, 15:43
Clearly you don't see the irony of you whining about my whining and the fact that you have saggy tits in your sig as a desperate attempt to show off your obvious manliness.
Your replies are very stale, and with that much imagination i suggest you go look for a job as on office worker, and leave the game dev to the people that have a clue.

Btw... Fallout works fine on my PC.

the guy playing in the video is a home schooled bible bashing christian american who likes MCR. If it wasn't for his awesome electric violin i would declare him the biggest *** on the planet.

Somone playing MCR on a violion somes up this thread perfectly, imo.

Maybe i was being too subtle?

Lethn
12-26-2008, 15:45
Your replies are very stale, and with that much imagination i suggest you go look for a job as on office worker, and leave the game dev to the people that have a clue.

And you don't think your replies are stale? Gtf0 n00b

and the reason my replies are stale is because I can't be bothered thinking up a witty reply for every retard that attempts to troll me, it has to come naturally and be in the right moment.

Too many brainless douchebags have been trying to take pot shots at me lately without any real cleverness behind it.

Fro
12-26-2008, 15:45
you have saggy tits in your sig as a desperate attempt to show off your obvious manliness.

Oh no you didn't...

Lethn
12-26-2008, 15:46
Oh no you didn't...

:p

Yakamoz
12-26-2008, 15:48
what OS do u have Lethn ?

Viranth
12-26-2008, 15:48
Keep this thread about Fallout 3, do not derail.

Lethn
12-26-2008, 15:51
what OS do u have Lethn ?

Windows XP and like I said, it's not a problem with my PC its the crappy optomization on the game itself, other games can handle my PC just fine even if it is old now.

Spinewire
12-26-2008, 15:58
And you don't think your replies are stale? Gtf0 n00blol 2nd time you have called me noob in this thread and probabaly the 4th time you have said my sig is compensating for my lack of mainlness (which comming from an anime obsessed virgin is just golden) and 32617841236785th time you said the tits in my sig are saggy, which like most of what you spout, is uneducated and incorrect.

my replies are stale is because I can't think up a witty reply.
fix'd

Too many brainless douchebags have been trying to take pot shots at me lately without any real cleverness behind it.
untill you tried to piss me off today and i was forced to cleave your soul in twain cross thread MCR mad emo ownage style.

Anyway talking of mainlyness i'm off round my GF's now, so you have fun with your tears and i will be back to rock your world tomorrow.#

Much love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On topic.... *looks at vinranth*

Windows XP and like I said, it's not a problem with my PC its the crappy optomization on the game itself, other games can handle my PC just fine even if it is old now.

What GFX card do you have, do you have all the latest drivers and have you nosed through the Fallout forums to see if anyone else has found a work around to a similar problem?

It works on my PC and mine is about 3 years old. Have you tired a format and reinstall to rule out a software problem?

ForzikTheFeared
12-26-2008, 16:31
Seriously though, this has been discussed to death already. You should face reality and not slack behind 17 years. Everytime I read what you write you remind me of this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhfhyZkZao&feature=related) little fella', but not a happy one. You're turning into a whiner Lethn, never go full whiner.

Also, the G.E.C.K has been released, and that's something to rejoice over, since we'll soon have some awesome mods out there. Fallout 3 was a much better game than Oblivion was vanilla, and I'm sure the modders will create some awesome stuff.

Goddamn my face went red from embarrassment just watching that kid...sad.

NapalmEnema
12-26-2008, 18:18

Vista 64 bit here never had it crash in Fallout3

Krevorn
12-26-2008, 18:55
go to bethesda's website, is ur gfx card specifically on their list of supported? dual core, quad core, w/e, is the core clock speed @ 2.4ghz+? any emulation software conflicting with that securom shit?

The Goatbreeder
12-26-2008, 19:21
The game worked just fine when I had it :)

Zokten
12-26-2008, 19:29
fallout 3 never crashes on my PC~

those that claim it is oblivion need to buy a fucking clue. Tired of hearing that shit. Its completely different.

Seems Beth got you brain washed.

Fallout 3 never crashes on my PS3.

Have fun with no mods.

I got Fallout 3 at release. Never had it crash, ever, except when sometimes you exit the game and it hangs. There are also plenty of mods to change many things about it, and tools for you to do things of your own if you wish. Excellent stability, excellent potential for modification. For me, it's the game of the year, nothing else comes even close.

Anyone complaining about how easy it is, the "max out steak and one-shot" people, download a mod that jacks up the difficulty, there are even mods where it's basically one-shot kill, you take a shot to the head, you die. Or a mod that jacks up the health of everyone, yourself included, so that it becomes an 80's action movie, where anything less than 28 rounds to the head just will not do. I'm just not buying any of that nonsense about how the game is short, it took me most of the month to finish the main quest with some of the side-quests, and even then not all of them, and I still haven't seen a goodly portion of the game's original content. And difficulty is so easy to change. My main complain was that on hard it wasn't hard enough, so I jacked up the HP to triple normal, you will NEVER one-shot anyone, even with a crit to the head with Lincoln's Repeater, and made XP at the speed 1/2 of normal. So I hit 20 just as I was heading to the Citadel for the last time.

So Fallout 3 is the only game in the last few years where you can tweak any element of gameplay to your liking. Crashes are different, but I've never had any, it's probably your PC.

It does not deserve game of the year easily.

Timthelord
12-26-2008, 20:07
Have fun with no mods.

Have fun playing a game that crshes so often you can't play it.

(I know, exageration, but the way the OP made it sound...)

Death's Chill
12-26-2008, 20:28
Get a 360.

The only thing a computer runs better is an actual online fps or an MMORPG. Everything else belongs on a console, a machine built for, and to which all resources are allocated, to better run the game. :)

I have fallout 3 on the 360 and I've only ever frozen once. I just installed it on the hard drive and what do you know, 50 in-game hours later and not a single technical complaint.

Have fun with no mods.

I don't truly understand why people enjoy playing the same thing with different skins on it. Mods suck imo.

It does not deserve game of the year easily.

Normally I'd be furious, but honestly I agree. There are even better games that were released this year, but not many.

Pcheez
12-26-2008, 21:40
fallout 3 was fun.

Does not deserve own thread.

Zokten
12-26-2008, 22:23
I don't truly understand why people enjoy playing the same thing with different skins on it. Mods suck imo.

Downs....?

Villa
12-27-2008, 01:58
Get a 360.

The only thing a computer runs better is an actual online fps or an MMORPG. Everything else belongs on a console, a machine built for, and to which all resources are allocated, to better run the game. :)

I have fallout 3 on the 360 and I've only ever frozen once. I just installed it on the hard drive and what do you know, 50 in-game hours later and not a single technical complaint.

This.
I had Fallout 3 on both the PC and the xbox.
I've deleted it from the PC; the xbox version runs so perfectly - awesome game BTW.

UPoopedUPants
12-27-2008, 02:00
i crashed once...cry more?

Qikdraw
12-27-2008, 02:19
1) Torrent
2) Check your computer for all programs running in the background, which is why you should set up a gaming account on your comp.
3) Energy weapons suck until the Plasma Riifle, scoped rifle for far away shots, combat shotgun for up close.

Death's Chill
12-27-2008, 02:40
1) Torrent
2) Check your computer for all programs running in the background, which is why you should set up a gaming account on your comp.
3) Energy weapons suck until the Plasma Riifle, scoped rifle for far away shots, combat shotgun for up close.

My favorite weapon is the scoped magnum.

Sentinel
12-27-2008, 03:06
I got it a month ago. Bit of a letdown. I hope they get out some mods soon which bring back the old Fallout flair.

Daccus
12-27-2008, 03:20
I must have been lucky, I ran the game fine seeing only one or two crashes the entire time. I enjoyed the game, too. The side quests were a lot of fun and the dialogue was well acted and scripted. The main story was Ok, but the whole ending was pretty shitty.

KonohaFlash
12-27-2008, 04:22
never experienced a single crash. upgrade your pc, parts are dirt cheap nowadays

parggins
12-27-2008, 04:29

oblivion = Havok physics speed tree for the foliage and gamebryo
I think fallout 3 just has Gamebryo but im probably wrong..

an uh you probably should get a better computer what are you running? heheh

parggins
12-27-2008, 04:31

you have never played real mods..

Lethn
12-27-2008, 04:36
oblivion = Havok physics speed tree for the foliage and gamebryo

I'm sodding studying game development on my own I know what fucking engine they use its a reverse engineered version of gamebryo >_< lol I get what you mean though.

As for a new computer I am upgrading it soon, what I don't bloody understand is why it won't run properly on LOW settings and I mean the lowest of the fucking low. Plus no matter how much detail it has the Oblivion engine is still the Oblivion engine lots of other people have been reporting this problem.

Age of Chivalry and Counter-Strike are mods.

Death's Chill
12-27-2008, 05:03
I've never played either of those games.

Yobaj
12-27-2008, 05:44
It just crashed on me some 5mins ago..
But I had been playing the game for like, 6 hours without problems. Damn, I hardly ever have ammo in this god forsaken game. I would run around and make a mess if I knew I had alot of ammo, but they are forcing me to walk slowly around and notice my enemies way ahead. Get's kinda tedious when u are alone in a dark room 5Am in the morning and some scary music is playing when you are in a dungeon with no lights... :rolleyes:

Oh well, tomorrow I hope I find that bitche's brother taken by the Family and then I'm off to that radiostation.

And oh btw, if you kill the observer to save his daughter, can you find her later? lol, first she said thanks when I killed the mofo, then when she came to the exit she was all like "dude you killed my dad infront of me, I don't know if I like you, bufuckitohoo"..

Aragoni
12-27-2008, 05:58

For the first time Tiarilir made me burst out laughing. :D

Zokten
12-27-2008, 06:10
This.
I had Fallout 3 on both the PC and the xbox.
I've deleted it from the PC; the xbox version runs so perfectly - awesome game BTW.

To bad the xbox version never gets anything fixed....or mods.

Death's Chill
12-27-2008, 06:27
To bad the xbox version never gets anything fixed....or mods.

Well there are patches for all next-gen consoles. Online connectivity is fucking easy as hell.

Again with the mods. Don't you people get the game to play the fucking game, not some crappy player mod of it?

Zokten
12-27-2008, 06:29
Well there are patches for all next-gen consoles. Online connectivity is fucking easy as hell.

Again with the mods. Don't you people get the game to play the fucking game, not some crappy player mod of it?

Seems you lack understanding.

Lethn
12-27-2008, 07:24
...... I think I'll hide here for awhile... Lets talk more Fallout 3..

I don't know about you guys but the fallout series especially Fallout 3 reminded me a lot of Firefly with the post-apocolyptic feel and the weapons they use.

Megumi
12-27-2008, 07:27
...... I think I'll hide here for awhile... Lets talk more Fallout 3..

I don't know about you guys but the fallout series especially Fallout 3 reminded me a lot of Firefly with the post-apocolyptic feel and the weapons they used.

Your father dies.

Lethn
12-27-2008, 07:30
Forumfall, the only place on the internet where you will literally shake your head in despair at the things said.

Death's Chill
12-27-2008, 08:16
Don't reveal any plot points yet. I'm only about half way done with the main story. I've been caught up exploring the fucking huge world.

Also I'm way too into GTA IV right now.

Lysandor
12-27-2008, 11:39
The only noteworthy thing in this thread is that the OP used 'but fucks sake' twice and made more than one hint toward reproductive function.

WTF Mate?

Either use the correct phrase or stop misspelling butt.

Tyx
12-27-2008, 11:53
Its fun to run Fallout 3 on 9800 Gx2. :p
Never a crash, flawless running with 2 sec max loading screens with my 2.4MHz Quakcore. I couldn't find any flaw if I compared it to any other game I have been playing.
For the record, I began playing it on release day and still do. :D

PS: Can I guesh OP is an Atary or/and AMD user? All those I have discussed with that had proplems with Fallout 3 just happened to be using such "hardware". ;)

Lanz
12-27-2008, 13:02

Uhm... Guess your computer sucks then? Fallout 3 works beautifully on my computer(which is 1 year old as of xmas, so it's nothing terribly new). I ran into a lot of heavy crashes when I first got it, but the patch that fixes all that was already out when I got the game a few weeks ago. If you have problems beyond that, it's on your end.

Of course, that said, my computer runs Bioshock and SupCom beautifully too, so maybe you need to think of some upgrades.

your father dies

the giant robot in the citadel fights the last big battle for you

you die at the end as well

I actually wouldn't have minded dieing at the end so much if the devs had added some lame cop-out excuse to let you keep playing afterwards. Game felt kinda empty after finishing the main quest chain and knowing that it's all over at the end.

superfaceuglyfu
12-27-2008, 13:08

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/artosmarto/lethnisgay.jpg

Lethn
12-27-2008, 13:24
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/artosmarto/lethnisgay.jpg

Failure troll is fail.

Yobaj
12-27-2008, 13:28
your father dies

If that is true you are my mortal enemy from now on.

Zwarp
12-27-2008, 13:32
the game was by far too easy... Even on very hard settings.
I was saving tons and tons of stimpacks for a big battle, which never happened, thanks to the BIG gay robot at the end.
Also, while it was fun sometimes, it wasn't near as good as fallout 1&2.

Oh, and the baby stages are crap.

Pcheez
12-27-2008, 13:37
Optimus prime ftw.

Oh and if you didnt sacrifice whats her name at the end, you fail.

When they recapped my actions at the end i swear i made Hitler look like a saint.

Death's Chill
12-27-2008, 13:46
your father dies

Someone ban this motherfucker. I didn't know the ending you noob. I know that's what you wanted to do, which brings up the question; WHY? What the fuck did you gain by spoling the ending for me? :bang:

!@#$!@#$!%#%!#%%!@#%!@#%!@!!!!!F***!

Okay Paul, calm the fuck down, it's just a game...

Whatever. I'll do the side quests like usual.

So wait, if you die in the end, does the game just stop?

Pcheez
12-27-2008, 13:58
Someone ban this motherfucker. I didn't know the ending you noob. I know that's what you wanted to do, which brings up the question; WHY? What the fuck did you gain by spoling the ending for me? :bang:

!@#$!@#$!%#%!#%%!@#%!@#%!@!!!!!F***!

Okay Paul, calm the fuck down, it's just a game...

Whatever. I'll do the side quests like usual.

So wait, if you die in the end, does the game just stop?

Well, Paul, you dont have to die at the end, but i wont spoil it for you.

However, Paul, i would like to inform you that the last fucker you kill before the end drops a particularly nice thing, where if you pick up the said thing, Paul, you can proceed to kill everything in the wasteland with extreme ease, Paul.

So, Paul, i hope this was helpful.

Skree.

Spinewire
12-27-2008, 14:43
Fallout 3 is pretty weak sauce imo, it not working is doing you a favour as it won't taint the memory of Fallout 1 & 2.

They have dumbed it down, mobs scale in lvl like they did in oblivion and it's really easy.

Sharpshooter
12-27-2008, 18:02
I used a mod allowing you to play after beating the game (they (official creators) are making a dlc later that allows this and adds other stuff as well).

Also got a mod to skip beginning if I want to make a new character.

Death's Chill
12-27-2008, 21:39

However, Paul, i would like to inform you that the last fucker you kill before the end drops a particularly nice thing, where if you pick up the said thing, Paul, you can proceed to kill everything in the wasteland with extreme ease, Paul.

Skree.

Why do you keep saying my name?

Mobs scale in lvl like they did in oblivion and it's really easy.

Zokten
12-27-2008, 22:18
Fallout 3 is pretty weak sauce imo, it not working is doing you a favour as it won't taint the memory of Fallout 1 & 2.

They have dumbed it down, mobs scale in lvl like they did in oblivion and it's really easy.

Yes 1 and 2 are FAR better.

Also the mobs don't scale like they did in Oblivion....but its really easy cause of VATS and being able to use your inventory at anything for free. But it gets hard if you do a melee/unarmed only guy on hard for a decent time.

Killuminati
12-27-2008, 22:19

Skree.

Lmao

the ending isn't that surprising.