PDA

View Full Version : to any AOC players

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 16:53
ok so i bought the AOC hyborian adventures today (first time playing the game) im registering for my account whille it is installing and iv typed the game key were it askes and now iv got to right my details but for payment it says credit card or prepaid card i dont have credit card and i dont want to buy a prepaid card untill my 30 day is up i got for free but iv got to buy one for it to work so is there anyway i can do it with out buying one and not using a credit card cause iv allready spent 15 pound on it and i dont wanna spend another 8-10 pound just to use an account even though iv got a free 30 day

caldrin
12-19-2008, 16:56
you wont get charged on the credit card until the 30 days are up

once the 30 days are up you will get charged for the next month

if you cancel you wont get charged

paade
12-19-2008, 16:56
tldr aoc sucks bai.

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 16:58
you wont get charged on the credit card until the 30 days are up

once the 30 days are up you will get charged for the next month

ty but theres still the fact of a card number and expiry date and all that wat could i use im sure my mum and dad or sisters wont let me use theres :(

Sabbathius
12-19-2008, 17:00
No, you do have to enter the credit card number or buy a time card. The credit card won't get charged until a month from now. This is EXACTLY how EVERY MMO does things. EVE did it, WoW did it and so on.

caldrin
12-19-2008, 17:01
your standard bank card usually works these days.. its prob a visa electron or visa debit.. they usually work..

Plus you said you already spent 15 on your credit card so you msut have one just pop the details in for that.. like i said you should not get charged until your 30 days are up.

Fall
12-19-2008, 17:02
ask on the AoC forums ?

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 17:02
No, you do have to enter the credit card number or buy a time card. The credit card won't get charged until a month from now. This is EXACTLY how EVERY MMO does things. EVE did it, WoW did it and so on.

yea but EVE didnt ask for a timcard number u just choose say paypal details then thetimecard option this game you have to choose credit card/timecard and have a timecard allready bought even though there is a 30 day on it ur payin for 2 months u might not like -_-

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 17:03
your standard bank card usually works these days.. its prob a visa electron or visa debit.. they usually work..

Plus you said you already spent 15 on your credit card so you msut have one just pop the details in for that.. like i said you should not get charged until your 30 days are up.

nope i didnt use any card or say i used any card i used cash at zavvi but ill try my cashcard (natwest)

caldrin
12-19-2008, 17:05
not using a credit card cause iv allready spent 15 pound on it

sounded like you said you already spent 15 on ya credit card but i guess you ment spent 15 on the game hehe :)

yeah try using your standard bank card like i said most are usually visa electron or visa debit now.. unless your under 18 and they give you a kiddy card that has none of that stuff hehe

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 17:06
lol yea im 17 tryed my cash card and it wont accept the card number but will asap the CCV lol >_<

caldrin
12-19-2008, 17:09
well if it dont work you will need to borrow soemone credit card hehe..

you will have to do the same for this as game cards might not be available in the UK

Painweaver
12-19-2008, 17:12
ok so i bought the AOC hyborian adventures today (first time playing the game) im registering for my account whille it is installing and iv typed the game key were it askes and now iv got to right my details but for payment it says credit card or prepaid card i dont have credit card and i dont want to buy a prepaid card untill my 30 day is up i got for free but iv got to buy one for it to work so is there anyway i can do it with out buying one and not using a credit card cause iv allready spent 15 pound on it and i dont wanna spend another 8-10 pound just to use an account even though iv got a free 30 day

...about a month until Darkfall releases, and you buy AoC of all games? 0o

rema1000
12-19-2008, 17:14
lol yea im 17 tryed my cash card and it wont accept the card number but will asap the CCV lol >_<

Think AoC is a 18 years old age cap on ..
So Funcom is thinking "i guess" when you are 18 you have Visa :)

Skyborn
12-19-2008, 17:43
AoC is terrible...even WoW is better than AoC

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 17:48
ask on the AoC forums ?

need to register through funcom to ask on forums lol -_-

Skyborn
12-19-2008, 17:53
need to register through funcom to ask on forums lol -_-

Seriously man, here is how it will go.

lvls 1 - 20: Fun

lvls 21 - 80: Not Fun

lvl 80/endgame: Smoke and Mirrors, oh and NOT FUN.

So yeah use your free 30 days if you want but definately remember to cancel your sub after that.

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 17:54
Seriously man, here is how it will go.

lvls 1 - 20: Fun

lvls 21 - 80: Not Fun

lvl 80/endgame: Smoke and Mirrors, oh and NOT FUN.

So yeah use your free 30 days if you want but definately remember to cancel your sub after that.

kk bit like eve then i guess

u get the stuff after uv trained it and ur like oh yea lets kill people then after bit its like yea this sucks

Skyborn
12-19-2008, 17:58

u get the stuff after uv trained it and ur like oh yea lets kill people then after bit its like yea this sucks

I would recommend lvls 1-20, they were truly enjoyable...but then there is nothing to do but level...there is no purpose...the cohesive storyline disappears and everything is a gankfest...and like WoW there is little in the way of repercussions for gankers...sure you can kill them but they lose nothing. That is why we all love DF. "Go ahead and gank me...Ill burn down your city and strip your body naked"

Please baby Jesus send me DF for xmas. If you do I promise to stop fapping twice a day. (once instead)

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 18:06
yea true

i just wish i could make an acount and use the 30 day free but i carnt cause i have no credit card and all GTC's r solt out -_-

alfaroverall
12-19-2008, 18:08
EVE doesn't require credit card information for its trial. Otherwise you are correct; most MMOs require credit card information for their trials and charge you once the trial has expired if you do not cancel before then.

Complete opposite of EVE. EVE is like this:
Login: Do tutorial and starter missions, hey this is marginally amusing.
1 week later: Hey this is pretty cool, my ships are slowly getting bigger.
2 weeks later, trial is about to end: God this sucks there's nothing to do. Ah well it's bound to get better eventually, that's what my friends and 300,000+ people think.
1 month later: What the hell man? This game fucking sucks.
2 months later: Seriously, why am I still paying for this shit?
3 months later: Holy fuck now I see why I've put $50 in this thing.
2 years later: Holy fuck now I see why I've put over $300 into this thing.

Knocky
12-19-2008, 18:11
I miss my bare-breasted barbarian femme.....I should re-up for one more month just to see what they've done with the place.

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 18:13
well i would put my credit card into it and cancel before it runs out but i carnt since i dont have a credit card :(

The Lost One
12-19-2008, 18:20
You're looking for something called a free trial.

The thing you've got is 30 days free when you sign up.

But like the other's have said put in credit card details and just cancel it before it charges you.

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 18:22
im trying to sign up to it ffs and like iv said i havent got the credit card >_<

and wat good is the free trail wen all ill get is same -_-

Ultimo
12-19-2008, 18:24
I can actually hear the OP's shoddy English through his typing...something is very very wrong with this. Learn to communicate imo.

Spinewire
12-19-2008, 18:25
when not if

eliminator2
I can actually hear the OP's shoddy English through his typing...something is very very wrong with this. Learn to communicate imo.

random and not helpfull :p

Ultimo
random and not helpfull :p

You are in the ForumFall OT. This shouldn't surprise you.

ForzikTheFeared
12-19-2008, 18:47
Your mistake was buying that game. Its on a downward spiral of fail.

Forgin
12-19-2008, 18:49
What exactly made you buy that game?
was it the constant stream of complaining that comes out of every corner of the internet?

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 21:36
i didnt actually hear any moaning about it and thats irelevant to the Q asked

caldrin
12-19-2008, 21:39
aint nothing you can do without a credit card, think it will tell you that on the back of the box..

you could go out and buy a game card but then thats another £10 wasted or whatever..

like other have said up until lvl 20 the game is half decent

Nevron
12-19-2008, 21:41
Think AoC is a 18 years old age cap on ..
So Funcom is thinking "i guess" when you are 18 you have Visa :)

It's rated M, which is 17+.

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 21:59
18+ u mean as it is on the box -_-

Master25
12-19-2008, 22:02
Why did you buy AoC?
You'd even be better off with runescape.

eliminator2
12-19-2008, 22:06
like said before stay with the Q i asked -_-

Ziegler
12-19-2008, 22:19
well...I can tell you that you need to create your character on Cimmeria if you dont wont to feel like a single player game.