PDA

View Full Version : If you found a wallet...

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 10:27
With money, gift cards, D.L., Student I.D., Credit Card, and S.S. card in it, what would you do?

Ok, Yea mine fell out of my pocket in a theater the other day and didn't realize it until the next day. I had my S.S. card in it because I had to use it earlier that day and hadn't been able to put it back in my drawer yet... some fucking bad luck.

Probably about $200 w/ cash + various gift cards in there, btw.

Poll incoming.

Spart
12-15-2008, 10:30
Fuck, I would want to walk off with it, but being a student and all I would maybe think about what to do.

Maybe.

Agge
12-15-2008, 10:31
I'd leave it at the nearest police office if I had time, or just don't pick it up to begin with soo it doesn't become my problem.

Reminds me of the good old prank with the string and a wallet, shit that was fun.

Also, goodluck to ya.

Forgin
12-15-2008, 10:31
I would take the money, and leave the rest and put it in a lost and found bin

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 10:33
Yea it really blows to have lost all this shit especially at this time. I have to buy books for next semester and I was just about to get something for my gf's bday and Christmas and now I'm kind of fucked.

You don't make a lot of money being ripped off by your University for a living. Personally I'd mail it back with everything in it... but that's probably because I've lost a lot of shit by just being ignorant of my belongings. This kind of thing happens more times than I'd like it to.

Xelos
Needs another option: take everything, then use the applicable I.D. cards to rent a car, sking equipment etc. Double profit!

Spart
Yea it really blows to have lost all this shit especially at this time. I have to buy books for next semester and I was just about to get something for my gf's bday and Christmas and now I'm kind of fucked.

You don't make a lot of money being ripped off by your University for a living.

Why did you carry so much in cash?

Agge
12-15-2008, 10:34
You live and you learn.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 10:35
Why did you carry so much in cash?

I went home last weekend and my parents had given me some cash that I stored in my wallet and just hadn't taken the time to put it away. It was about $60 in cash.

Also, the gift cards.. I honestly don't know why i still had those in there, not even sure how much was on most of them but it was most likely a good amount.

In short, I'm fucking retarded.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 10:36
Needs another option: take everything, then use the applicable I.D. cards to rent a car, sking equipment etc. Double profit!

I cancelled the credit card and I don't have any credit to begin with so trying to use the S.S. number would be pretty difficult. Also, if someone did try to use my card I'd be alerted now and then the hunt would begin :ninja:.

EDIT: Sorry for double, thought someone would have replied before.

Agge
12-15-2008, 10:37
This is why I don't use a wallet.

Kralle
12-15-2008, 10:38
In short, I'm fucking retarded.

Yes you are, but I would give you your wallet and wont take the money.

It sucks to loose it and as student it sucks even more....so yeaa, I would give it back without expecting even a "Thank you", because you are a retard :D

PlugInMonster
12-15-2008, 10:38
Anyone who loses their wallet deserves to get pwned.

t1337Dude
12-15-2008, 10:39
This is why I don't use a wallet.

Purses are a little much to carry, but whatever floats your boat.

Salaman
12-15-2008, 10:40
I wouldn't take anything out of it and would just bring it to either the police department or the school the ID card was for, depending on what was closer and easier (and either place would call you up and say they had your wallet for you to pick up I'd assume).

edit: or take it to your house if the address on the driver's license is nearby and I found it with cash which means nobody probably got to it before I had and you wouldn't accuse me of stealing anything out of it.

Agge
12-15-2008, 10:41
Purses are a little much to carry, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm not the one wearing makeup.

Forgin
12-15-2008, 10:41
Also if the ID showed a women, I would return it to her and demand sex in exchange for the wallet.

palo god
12-15-2008, 10:42
I would give it back with everything in it to be perfectly honest. something like this actually happened to me upset it was a purse and it had about 600 dollars in it, a phone, makeup, and some other crap.

I called the woman's house phone through her cell phone and arranged a spot where we could meet so I could give it back, when I gave it back to her I didn't get so much as a thank you and she walked off.

MillerEP
12-15-2008, 10:42
easy question - 2

Sharpshooter
12-15-2008, 10:43
So when you kill someone in DF you plan on not taking his money is basically what everyone voting for that option is going to do ;)

I dropped my wallet before in a movie theatre, good thing I noticed before we left and just went back and found it.

palo god
12-15-2008, 10:45
So when you kill someone in DF you plan on not taking his money is basically what everyone voting for that option is going to do ;)

I dropped my wallet before in a movie theatre, good thing I noticed before we left and just went back and found it.

Games and real life arent the same.

Forgin
12-15-2008, 10:46

So when I kill you ingame that means I would murder you in real life?

:bang:

Agge
12-15-2008, 10:46
I would give it back with everything in it to be perfectly honest. something like this actually happened to me upset it was a purse and it had about 600 dollars in it, a phone, makeup, and some other crap.

I called the woman's house phone through her cell phone and arranged a spot where we could meet so I could give it back, when I gave it back to her I didn't get so much as a thank you and she walked off.

Same happend when I found a guys cellphone. Ungratitude, aw wells. Acctualy I put it back where I found it, but the guy I walked to the train with frome work picked up right after, thought it was stupid of me no to take it and use it since it was better then my. Anyways, the day after he had changed his mind, and it turned out that it belonged to a guy in the same company, just at a other workshop. I was glad to see there was still some hope left in humanity, but to see him not even reciving a thanks was just demoralizing.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 10:48
Anyone who loses their wallet deserves to get pwned.

Watch it buddy, I'm the leader of your guild you know :bang:.

Sprawlz
12-15-2008, 10:49
I once found a wallet on the road, had a phone number inside so found the person who it belonged.
I met up with them (and old couple) to give them the wallet and the first thing they said when they checked it was: Hey some money is missing... and looked at me weird as if i stole it. Then said something like hmm you sure you didnt take our money?

I told them to fuck off and die, next time i find a wallet im keeping it for myself. Most people don't deserve any help

Spart
12-15-2008, 10:50

Fuck, I hate it when people are like this. I did a nice thing for you, and you don't care?

5%Luck
12-15-2008, 10:51
When I was in middle school i was walkin back from the bus stop and found an envolope filled with money. Maybe 2-3 grand. I stuck it in my pocket and keep goin. My neighbor a cute morel chick ran up to me a took it out of my poket(being deceivingly seductive with a fake kissy face(+-)) and found the rightful owner. It came out that it was a collection for a neighborhood woman who had just found out she had cancer and didnt have the cash to cover her expenses.

SSguy
12-15-2008, 10:52
Would give it back asap, except I would keep like 5 bucks for a finder's fee, and maybe another 5 for a stupidity fee.

Anyway, as for gratitude, what the hell do you guys expect? For them to give you the money in the wallet? Not much more you can do other than say thankyou, especially if that money was already planned to be spent.

Jezrith
12-15-2008, 10:52
I'd return it with everything in tact. I'm not for sale until we start talking six figures plus, my personal integrity is worth way more than a measly couple hundred bucks. I ain't no cheap whore...

saris
12-15-2008, 10:53
Found a wallet in basic training in the bathroom, had like 2200$ in it I gave it back.

Forgin
12-15-2008, 10:54
Why are you people so nice in RL?

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 10:54
Fuck, I hate it when people are like this. I did a nice thing for you, and you don't care?

Ey... ok here's is another bit of information about me that makes me seem even more inept to survive on this planet yet I do miraculously every day. Take that Darwin!

So when I was 16 I lost my wallet for the first time. I had JUST cashed it and went to eat with a few friends. Wasn't my car so i thought it safer to just put it in my wallet. Well, I dropped it and lost about 200 bucks.

What makes that tie into the story is that later on some guy messaged me on myspace and told me he had my wallet. I met up with him the next day and he gave it back but said there was no money in it when he found it. I didn't accuse him of stealing, I was just happy to have what little left was in it and thanked him for going through the trouble of finding me.

SSguy
12-15-2008, 10:55

In RL, there is no reset button.

Edit: Perhaps when you have the mental age greater than......5.....you might understand.

Kralle
12-15-2008, 10:56
In RL, there is no reset button.

very true, what goes around comes around :D

Salaman
12-15-2008, 10:58
Well if we're sharing stories about the stuff we've found before, I was walking my dog once when I found not one, but two sets of keys just lying in the street near the curb. I picked them up and looked at the brands on the car lock remotes and saw they matched the two cars parked in front of the house I found them at, so I went up, rang the doorbell, and gave them to the dude who answered the door. He at least said thanks but seemed to me like he was surprised and hadn't realized they were even lost.

Blew my mind how someone couldn't notice dropping them since they were heavy with like 10+ keys on each but I didn't ask any questions and went back to walking the dog.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 10:58

Yea, funny thing me hoping a forumfaller found my wallet, right?

My optimistic side is telling me to hope that it gets mailed back to my house in Houston (which is where it would mail to if they mailed it).

My realistic side is telling me to apply for a new SS card/DL/Buy a new SL and ask my parents for money.

Forgin
12-15-2008, 11:00
Yea, funny thing me hoping a forumfaller found my wallet, right?

My optimistic side is telling me to hope that it gets mailed back to my house in Houston (which is where it would mail to if they mailed it).

My realistic side is telling me to apply for a new SS card/DL/Buy a new SL and ask my parents for money.

I doubt you will find it back with money in it, if you're lucky the cards will still be there. The chance someone nice found it before someone who takes the money found it are very small.

AmonDominus
12-15-2008, 11:01
very true, what goes around comes around :D
No such thing. The good die young and the pricks live forever. Fact.

Mail an antagonistic note to the owner with a picture of the wallet and "LoL got ur wallet nooB" over it.
That would be hella funny to do one day.

If I found your wallet, I'd take the money and whatever valuable it has and give back the rest. I'm a poor student myself, so...

SSguy
12-15-2008, 11:01

You know...to add the response, it only takes one nice thing every once and awhile from a stranger that stops some people from going on a killing spree. I'm one of them.

Agge
12-15-2008, 11:02
I have lost keys, cellphones, and a backpack (with school material, and it didn't have a happy ending).

The only thing that showed up again, some 1-2 months later was my keys.

The cellphones I lost hasn't been worth anything realy.

Oh yea I have lost a couple of bills... .. . Hmm, maybe I should check those up.

Forgin
12-15-2008, 11:02
You know...to add the response, it only takes one nice thing every once and awhile from a stranger that stops some people from going on a killing spree. I'm one of them.

Losing your wallet when you're about to go on a killing spree is irresponsible.
I think someone can be happy enough to get their cards back, I just take a &$100 finder's fee.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 11:03
I doubt you will find it back with money in it, if you're lucky the cards will still be there. The chance someone nice found it before someone who takes the money found it are very small.

I know that from previous experience. I don't expect anyone to give me anything back really, just be nice if they would.

The cash would be nice but it's a bad feeling to know someone out there has more proof that they are you than you do -.-.

saris
12-15-2008, 11:07
lol or worse karma did not protect me, Just got payed i the Army and I had to pay a bunch on money to AFFES, well I took my whole check out of the bank, went to pay it off, thier computers were messed up, I was told to come back, so I went to see a movie(that one with the weird superheros and one with a bowling ball) and lost my damn wallet. Set me back hard, for the next month I was loaning Kiwi, razor blades, and ramen noodles. Lost 15lbs that month.

Atnas
12-15-2008, 11:08
If there's ID and credit cards in it I would return it, but if it was empty with just money... well, I'd take it unless it was some really huge sum (several thousands) because then... well then they were probably gonna use it for something important! Kind of strange reasoning, I know.

tuhooja
12-15-2008, 11:16
No such thing. The good die young and the pricks live forever. Fact.

That would be hella funny to do one day.

If I found your wallet, I'd take the money and whatever valuable it has and give back the rest. I'm a poor student myself, so...

heh if i would find a wallet i would take money and get a pic of the items in it and put it on the wallet and mail it and also put a note in there = give ransom for these or they are lost :ninja:.. lol but seriously talking i have once found a wallet and returned it and got 20 marks ( thats like 3.2 euros but in that time it was as much useful as 20 euros is these days [ 12 years ago]) and i have also once dropped my cellphone while riding a bike and dident lost if because girls behind me yelled to me about it.. funny thing was that i dident even get to say thanks when i got kissed and then they gave it and walked off ... maybe that was the payment they wanted :D ( and yes i was so confused about it that dident get to say thanks before they were away)

Xife
12-15-2008, 11:17
I would return it as I found it. Not going to risk all the bad karma to come for a few hundred bucks.

Spart
12-15-2008, 11:19
Ey... ok here's is another bit of information about me that makes me seem even more inept to survive on this planet yet I do miraculously every day. Take that Darwin!

So when I was 16 I lost my wallet for the first time. I had JUST cashed it and went to eat with a few friends. Wasn't my car so i thought it safer to just put it in my wallet. Well, I dropped it and lost about 200 bucks.

What makes that tie into the story is that later on some guy messaged me on myspace and told me he had my wallet. I met up with him the next day and he gave it back but said there was no money in it when he found it. I didn't accuse him of stealing, I was just happy to have what little left was in it and thanked him for going through the trouble of finding me.

Yea, getting angry at them isn't going to do anything. If they did take it, they aren't going to return the money, and it's not going to change them in the future. Better just to be thankful they returned what they did.

Cheezo
12-15-2008, 11:20
If no one's around, I'd probably just hork the cash and leave the rest where I found it.

Probably.

AngusFinch
12-15-2008, 11:21
2% of the people who said they would take the time or decency to mail it back actually would. Fact. Really

Aramoro
12-15-2008, 11:21
If it had everything in it then return it to the owner.

palo god
12-15-2008, 11:24
2% of the people who said they would take the time or decency to mail it back actually would. Fact. Really

Why would you lie about something so stupid on the internet? What would you gain?

Forgin
12-15-2008, 11:25
Why would you lie about something so stupid on the internet? What would you have to gain?

If anything I would expect Forumfallers to lie about stealing everything, instead of lying they would return it.

saris
12-15-2008, 11:28
If anything I would expect Forumfallers to lie about stealing everything, instead of lying they would return it.

lol agreed

AngusFinch
12-15-2008, 11:34
Why would you lie about something so stupid on the internet? What would you gain?

Would you really really return a wallet full of money? Common, they might pick it with true intentions, but it tells us just as much about them as if they decided not to blow up Megaton in Fallout 3.

Doing something like taking the time and money to mail back a wallet with cash contents would be very rare among people.. You think this little forum of angsty kids has a majority of wanton do-gooders?

Agge
12-15-2008, 11:36
Maybe some of us aren't full of shit? Fucking posers.

Forgin
12-15-2008, 11:37
Would you really really return a wallet full of money? Common, they might pick it with true intentions, but it tells us just as much about them as if they decided not to blow up Megaton in Fallout 3.

Doing something like taking the time and money to mail back a wallet with cash contents would be very rare among people.. You think this little forum of angsty kids has a majority of wanton do-gooders?

I didn't blow up Megaton!
poor rewards tho, I wish I had blown it up...

palo god
12-15-2008, 11:38

I have faith in humanity to do the right thing, sounds corny but its the truth. and yes I would return it, I’ve done it before and I would do it again.

Taking it would go against everything I stand for.

AngusFinch
12-15-2008, 11:39
Well, I'm proud of you guys. You may each have a cookie, baked with my love and tender affections.

I have faith in humanity to do the right thing
I used to too, until the vault door opened.

I didn't blow up Megaton!
poor rewards tho, I wish I had blown it up...

Aren't the "good points" and the 'we aren't disapointed in you' chime reward enough?

CuriousGeorge
12-15-2008, 11:40
I'd keep the money.....if the wallet is in good condition I'd keep it as my own wallet.

Kralle
12-15-2008, 11:43
I wont mail it back, thats to much of a hassle.
If I am able to get the adress or phone number I would contact the owner and just let him get it back without touching the money...
...or, give it to the police.

If no adress information is found (not very likely) I would think about it and hesitate to give it to anyone else beside of me.

But as I wrote before, I wont expect a thanks for giving it back.

Once I found a wallet with a few euros in it, but passports, driver license and some other personal stuff....I phoned the owner and he came to get it back and was really glad and thankfull that he got all his papers.
Money was the least of his concerns but he cared for his ID's and such stuff.

I hope if the same happens to me peoples will act the same way, but I dont expect it :rolleyes:

Temet nosce
12-15-2008, 11:44

Agreed, it's more in line with the way most of us act on here. That said, I have no idea. I would almost certainly keep the cash (unless I was feeling particularly paranoid), as I'm a college student and could use the money, but in my experience returning things to people usually meets with very little gratitude, I think it has to do with the kind of people who lose things in the first place. I've returned empty wallets (I wasn't the one who emptied them), pets, cell phones, and lost articles of clothing to people and they are almost universally ingrates (except for a few cases, particularly with the cell phones, where it was a friend or a friend of a friend who lost it, basically the reverse there. In fact in general the people who've been most grateful for having shit returned were college students. On the other hand people who lost expensive purebred pets tend not to give a shit especially.)

Still, I have a history of returning lost objects to people simply because it irritates me to have them stay lost. I would probably end up meeting them to give it back.

AngusFinch
12-15-2008, 11:44
I'd keep the wallet and give them back the contents. Luckily it had a big rubber band for which he might wrap up his things in a tidy square. I would then place Hello Kitty stickers on his rubber band wallet.

Zwarp
12-15-2008, 11:47
pretend its mine, so i can get caught in the subway and get away with it.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 12:28

There is a difference in blowing up a town in a video game and fulfilling your apocalyptic fantasies in a virtual world. Returning someones rightful belongings is just being a good person. To me, it's what makes you worthy of your existence.

Infact, if I was given the wallet in person I think I'll just give them the cash.

Rigan Pere
12-15-2008, 12:31
I would take out the cash and give the wallet back.

Why?

Because some twat did it to me last xmas when I had 400 quid in it doing xmas shopping... it was not a happy christmas.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 12:34
I would take out the cash and give the wallet back.

Why?

Because some twat did it to me last xmas when I had 400 quid in it doing xmas shopping... it was not a happy christmas.

So you in turn become a twat as well? This is exactly what is wrong with the world but people still bitch about it going down the shitter.

saris
12-15-2008, 12:34
I'd keep the wallet and give them back the contents. Luckily it had a big rubber band for which he might wrap up his things in a tidy square. I would then place Hello Kitty stickers on his rubber band wallet.

the fact you have hello kitty stickers is kinda scary in itself, unless you got bewbies that is. Chics and all find hello kitty and carebear shit retro cool so.....

saris
12-15-2008, 12:36
So you in turn become a twat as well? This is exactly what is wrong with the world but people still bitch about it going down the shitter.

who ever said it is easy to be good anyway? Its not like ppl are good cause its the easy way out.

Also YES

Rigan Pere
12-15-2008, 12:38

Indeed, Its an eye for an eye world we live in. Although, granted I would be unlikely to get the wallet of the person who took my cash, but meh as the poll says "Cash is cash".

Kralle
12-15-2008, 12:40

True dat, peoples love to complain how everything is messed up and sucks and whatnot....but refrain from doing something to change it.

Its easier to complain and point at others, but bring out the effort to do it better is a hassle.

Even if others disagree, I still think that what goes around comes around.
To give peoples respect and not to be an ass, is not as easy as it sounds but worth the effort.

Still, the world goes down the shitter and most peoples are moronic idiots...but for the few decent peoples in this steenkin world, its worth to try at least to become a decent human

Dragor
12-15-2008, 12:41
well for me its Karma, I take the shit and next time mine is gona be taken.

so im just gona send it back. and maybe just take enough to buy darkfall? :lmao:

Nevron
12-15-2008, 12:44
Give it back with everything that was in it.

There are enough shitbags in the world, no point in letting it be contagious just because the same shit has happened to you.

Rigan Pere
12-15-2008, 12:47
Give it back with everything that was in it.

There are enough shitbags in the world, no point in letting it be contagious just because the same shit has happened to you.

Bet your opinion changes when it does happen to you ;)

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 12:48

It's happened to me twice and my opinion hasn't changed.

Tanitha
12-15-2008, 12:53
Keep it because I'm an immoral fuck and cash is cash.

You dropped it, its your problem not mine..

Spinewire
12-15-2008, 12:57
I have dropped my wallet twice both times it has been handed back to the police and retured with everything it it, i even dropped it out side my mates house and as me a slugy were waking out he was bitching about how fucking stupid my wallet was. It was a wallet that looked like an Air Mail letter. As we got to my car i just said "talking of which" and pointed at the road.

He raged, as it had been sitting in the middle of the street for about 6 hours.

I think i have been lucky due to the fact it looked like a letter, the sort of people that pick up mail off the floor are probabaly the sort of poeple that will post it, they are also the sort of people that would hand in a wallet to the police.

I could just have been lucky, but i like to give credit to the wallet as it winds up the haters.

I do have a proper wallet now tho.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 13:06
Keep it because I'm an immoral fuck and cash is cash.

You dropped it, its your problem not mine..

Well hopefully parasites will die off someday.

blue carrot
12-15-2008, 13:08
take the money and id cards

sell the cards for more money

bring back the wallet to its owner for a reward

Troll St Troll
12-15-2008, 13:10
Honestly..........depends on the situation (eg: is it photo id, do you look like a kind person?)

I'd take the cash and sign you up to whatever charitys I can find on the street :ninja:

but I would send back any photos or whatever looked like it had emotional value (proberly the wallet too)

if you attach emotional value to money then this would be you :bang:

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 13:13
take the money and id cards

sell the cards for more money

bring back the wallet to its owner for a reward

Sounds like a bad idea to let the owner know of your existence because if you did the previous 2 things you are in store for an epic ass kicking.

Claws
12-15-2008, 13:13
Honestly, I'd take the cash then hand the wallet into a lost and found or whatever.

pookums
12-15-2008, 13:19
$200 isn't even worth taking. I'd have driven to your house if it wasn't too far away. If someone had already nicked the cash, I'd hand it in at the theatre and let them deal with it.

Nevron
12-15-2008, 13:37

Shame on you for assuming it hasn't.

Darkrabbit18
12-15-2008, 13:45
I'd take the money, then hand it over to the police.
Finders keepers right? Doing him a favour.

Slaker
12-15-2008, 13:49
I would mail it back to the owner.

Lictor
12-15-2008, 13:55
Karma works, so I would (and actually have, in one such situation) returned it. I'm a good man in RL. :cool:

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 13:58
I'd take the money, then hand it over to the police.
Finders keepers right? Doing him a favour.

Yea, robbing someone of their hard earned money because you found it is a big favor.

Better than nothing I guess. I like this thread more than I thought I would, get to see in an indirect way who really is shit in rl.

Darkrabbit18
12-15-2008, 21:27
Yea, robbing someone of their hard earned money because you found it is a big favor.

Better than nothing I guess. I like this thread more than I thought I would, get to see in an indirect way who really is shit in rl.

I'd take the cash but leave the credit cards and anything personal alone. Jail isn't worth the risk I feel. But c'mon, who wouldn't take cash just looking at you in the face?

Nehemia
12-15-2008, 21:28
Option #4 is quite epic, why didn't I figure that out myself?

Sabbathius
12-15-2008, 21:29
Leave it where I found it. I wouldn't even "find it", meaning I wouldn't even touch it. Too many good Samaritans who found and returned lost wallets were greeted with "Where's my money? I had $500 in there! What did you do with it, you bastard?!" and a following lawsuit. Thanks, but no thanks.

alfaroverall
12-15-2008, 21:30
Edit: considering that I've lost things that other people moved a lot of times, I'd just leave it where it was (though I might take the money if I was strapped for cash).

If we went to the same university and I could find your dorm, though, I'd probably pick it up and bring it to you.

PlugInMonster
BTW, I was j/k about "being pwned if you lose your wallet". The problem with these interwebs/intertubes is that nobody can see the smirk on your face.

Yobaj
I gave some dude his PSP back when it was all new....

Morthor
12-15-2008, 21:32
I'd keep it, but that's not to say I wouldn't feel bad. Maybe things would be different if I wasn't a poor student :)

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 21:33
Leave it where I found it. I wouldn't even "find it", meaning I wouldn't even touch it. Too many good Samaritans who found and returned lost wallets were greeted with "Where's my money? I had $500 in there! What did you do with it, you bastard?!" and a following lawsuit. Thanks, but no thanks.

If you saw my I.D. pictures I don't look like 'big arrogant douche'.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 21:34
BTW, I was j/k about "being pwned if you lose your wallet". The problem with these interwebs/intertubes is that nobody can see the smirk on your face.

I was j/k about calling you a douche.

Kinda.

Fuck me and these double post.

Honest Bill
12-15-2008, 21:34
I'd use the cash to hire a barbershop quartet to come to your house and tell you that i'm keeping your wallet

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 21:35
I'd use the cash to hire a barbershop quartet to come to your house and tell you that i'm keeping your wallet

Lol... that's pretty funny.

hardboiled
12-15-2008, 21:35
If it's not too big a bother, I'd return it. It's not like I'm a bum that desperately needs money.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 21:37
If it's not too big a bother, I'd return it. It's not like I'm a bum that desperately needs money.

I'm pretty sure you can just drop it in a mailbox and they will send it to the address on the D.L.

pookums
12-15-2008, 21:39
I'm pretty sure you can just drop it in a mailbox and they will send it to the address on the D.L.

Or some disgruntled postal worker would nick the money and send it on its merry way...

ppsh42
12-15-2008, 21:41
I'd take the cash in the wallet, maybe use the credit card to fill up my gas tank and then just drop it off at their house or something. I wouldn't go on a spending spree and just buy random shit with the card.

[LoD] EE
12-15-2008, 21:59
With money, gift cards, D.L., Student I.D., Credit Card, and S.S. card in it, what would you do?

Ok, Yea mine fell out of my pocket in a theater the other day and didn't realize it until the next day. I had my S.S. card in it because I had to use it earlier that day and hadn't been able to put it back in my drawer yet... some fucking bad luck.

Probably about $200 w/ cash + various gift cards in there, btw.

Poll incoming.

Rule #1: Dont carry that much cash on you.

Rule #2: Put your wallet in your FRONT pocket, harder to lose that way

I lost a wallet one time in my life, ID, SS card, Birth Certificate, everything in it. Luckly little money, also lucky for me, I got it back with everything in it.

I've found plenty of wallets, if local, I will go drop it off to the house, if not, I will mail it certified. I know how it is to lose that info, it sucks.

Apex Vertigo
12-15-2008, 22:05
EE;2143871']Rule #1: Dont carry that much cash on you.

Rule #2: Put your wallet in your FRONT pocket, harder to lose that way

I lost a wallet one time in my life, ID, SS card, Birth Certificate, everything in it. Luckly little money, also lucky for me, I got it back with everything in it.

I've found plenty of wallets, if local, I will go drop it off to the house, if not, I will mail it certified. I know how it is to lose that info, it sucks.

Actually it was in my front pocket. It must have slipped out, it has done that before but I usually can tell.

Natdaprat
12-15-2008, 22:08
Mail it back. If it's a woman, slip my phone number in there. How can she not call me? If she doesn't I know where to kill her. :)

[LoD] EE
12-15-2008, 22:09
Actually it was in my front pocket. It must have slipped out, it has done that before but I usually can tell.

You dont wear those stupid baggy pants that look like you have a load of shit in your diapers do you? If so.. stop. Not only will you lose your wallet again but look like a douche bag at the same time.

It could have slipped, it could very well have been swiped.

Slypieguy
12-15-2008, 22:12
I would take the money, and leave the rest and put it in a lost and found bin

This.

Finder's fee ftw

akrippler
12-15-2008, 22:26
Id give it all back to the owner, money n everything. 1 It will make me feel good and thats good enough for me. 2. If you do something like that then your no better then the peice of shit hood rats mugging people everyday.

The way I sit at movie theaters (with my back on the seat more than my ass) makes it easy for the wallet to fall out. I lost mine but rememberd on the way out so I turned around and grabbed it before somone else found it.