PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 15 - The Official Thread

Barbarossa
12-14-2008, 17:28
The division leader Steelers [10-3] take on the Ratbirds [9-4] at Baltimore @ 4:15 today.

Crucial game for both teams, the Steelers need a win to make it a 2 game lead in the division over the Ratbirds.

The Ratbirds need a win to tie up the division.

Should be a good game, too bad I gotta DVR it and watch later this evening, this looks like a can't miss game.

The Steelers still have to play the Browns [4-9] and the Titans [12-1], who have clinched their division. I'm certain they'll get a win over the Browns but the Titans are another matter.

The Ratbirds still have to play the Cowboys [8-5], a possible wildcard team and the Jaguars [4-9].

We shall see.

Good luck to you and your team, unless they happen to be the Baltimore Ratbirds...

Wreatch
12-14-2008, 18:22
Go Browns!

Barbarossa
12-14-2008, 18:47
Go Browns!

Good luck with that.

Mulambo
12-14-2008, 19:00
The chargers still aren't mathematically eliminated. They need the broncos to lose a lot though, so they probably won't make the playoffs. Hopefully they'll get norv turner out of there.

If the chargers don't make the playoffs, I'll be hoping the cardinals, dolphins, and steelers or ravens do well. And Atlanta.

Mulambo
12-14-2008, 23:10
The chargers still aren't mathematically eliminated. They need the broncos to lose a lot though, so they probably won't make the playoffs. Hopefully they'll get norv turner out of there.

If the chargers don't make the playoffs, I'll be hoping the cardinals, dolphins, and steelers or ravens do well. And Atlanta.

CHARGERS WIN!!! omg, thank you chiefs.

Caffy
12-14-2008, 23:34
Andre Johnson is money (http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/3008-1.jpg).

Over 200 Yards against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

It's tough seeing your two favourite teams go head to head, but somebody's gotta win. Today was the Texans Turn.

Honorius
12-14-2008, 23:37
How did my Cardinals do?

Caffy
12-14-2008, 23:40
How did my Cardinals do?

Down 28-0 at halftime.

Honorius
12-14-2008, 23:45
Down 28-0 at halftime.

I didn't believe you so I looked, and now I'm sad. :(

Toxic Waste
12-14-2008, 23:46
I didn't believe you so I looked, and now I'm sad. :(

:lmao:

Cardinals suck.

Humac
12-15-2008, 00:25
Whats with the retarded team names?

Caffy
12-15-2008, 00:48
Whats with the retarded team names?

What's with the retarded user name?

Mulambo
12-15-2008, 01:06
BRONCOS are losing! yeah!

Slypieguy
12-15-2008, 01:07
PANTHERS= domination again. Going to win the best division in football.

Tzacharu
12-15-2008, 01:33
Patriots win and a three way tie for first in the East.

This is gonna be a hectic two weeks.

Caffy
12-15-2008, 02:51
Why is the media freaking out over the Titans going for it on 4th and short, instead of kicking a 50 yard field goal?

Which is easier:

Gaining 3 yards

vs

Stopping a top 5 offense from gaining 30-50 yards with 1:50 and 2 timeouts

The Texans put up nearly 400 yards of offense, and Cortland was terrible today. AJ made him look like a bum.

I'll take my chances on 3 yards.

If you pick up the first, you can run the clock down and kick a field goal to win. If you kick the field goal Houston drives down and kicks the game winner. Going for it gave the best chance to win the game.

Layedballer
12-15-2008, 04:03
My boys are only up by 4...After last weeks upset to the fucking steelers, I'm going to need a 100 point lead before feeling somewhat safe

Ample
12-15-2008, 04:19
the packers hit a new low. i can understand everyone of their losses except for this week and last. the texans and the jaguars?? pathetic.

Caffy
12-15-2008, 04:44
the packers hit a new low. i can understand everyone of their losses except for this week and last. the texans and the jaguars?? pathetic.

You mean the Texans, who are on a 4 game winning streak, winners of 7 of their last 10, and just knocked off the #1 rated team in the NFL? Those Texans?

Yeah, I can't believe the mighty 5-9 Packers lost to them either. :rolleyes:

Slypieguy
12-15-2008, 05:00
The giants are being a giant failure atm

Caffy
12-15-2008, 05:06
I hate me some Southern Oklahoma Cowboys.

I hope Tuck kills Homo.

Layedballer
12-15-2008, 05:36
Wooo my 'boys pulled through. Let's hope they can continue

DocGonzo
12-15-2008, 05:56
i fucking hate the cowboys...

Layedballer
12-15-2008, 05:58
i fucking hate the cowboys...

It's ok Doc, your alzheimer's will kick in and you'll forget all about it

Mr.LichTwitch
12-15-2008, 06:27
Well the Steelers win another close one. This time on a call that would have me steaming if I was a Birdies fan, but I'm not, so all is well :D Division Champs! Now it's time to go kick the shit out of Collins and take home field from the Titans! Another good old fashioned defensive battle coming up!!

ColonelTEE3
12-15-2008, 06:28
So this is for golf right

Ample
12-15-2008, 06:30
You mean the Texans, who are on a 4 game winning streak, winners of 7 of their last 10, and just knocked off the #1 rated team in the NFL? Those Texans?

Yeah, I can't believe the mighty 5-9 Packers lost to them either. :rolleyes:

get your head out your ass. they are 7-7. "Those Texans" "knocked off" "the #1 rated team" by 1 point. congratulations. the packers took them into overtime, lost the coin toss and subsequently lost the game. clearly if the "5-9 packers" can do that, its really not that impressive of a feat.
a simple check of houston's schedule revealed that they lost to the titans 12-31 earlier this year.
quit hanging on the texans' nuts, they haven't even been to the playoffs. ever.
i'm not pretending like the packers are better than they are, but you apparently think the texans are the best in the league :rolleyes:

Jebsta16
12-15-2008, 06:38
super bowl predictions?

i got the steelers vs panthers. steelers winning it all this year. that defense is just insane. has to be considered one of the best of all time. and the panthers have the best runningbacks in the league. going to be a clash for sure. should be an interesting superbowl. first one in years actually. i think the last good superbowl was the panthers vs patriots.

heroshade
12-15-2008, 06:39
Hey, did the Cowboys win?

Layedballer
12-15-2008, 06:47
Hey, did the Cowboys win?

Damn right they did!

heroshade
12-15-2008, 06:47
Damn right they did!

Cool, what was the score?

Layedballer
12-15-2008, 06:57
Cool, what was the score?

20 to 8

Carl Ragadamn
12-15-2008, 07:51
Colts beat detroit, which for the third quarter was looking like a more difficult task than it should be.

The Colts became the first team to ever have 5 consecutive seasons with win streaks of over 7 games.

Signus
12-15-2008, 07:56
Patriots win and a three way tie for first in the East.

This is gonna be a hectic two weeks.

Long live the Patriots Dynasty.

Mr.LichTwitch
12-15-2008, 08:14
Long live the Patriots Dynasty.

The only part that will live long is the legacy of being a bunch of cheatin ass mofo's.

Mr.LichTwitch
12-16-2008, 11:29
Go Browns!

I hope you're not holding your breath :lmao:

Kagetora8151
12-17-2008, 04:12
Colts beat detroit, which for the third quarter was looking like a more difficult task than it should be.

The Colts became the first team to ever have 5 consecutive seasons with win streaks of over 7 games.

That's because the Colts are starting to kick some ass. Rather, they have been kicking some ass for 7 games now. Sure, they all haven't been pretty wins, but they are still wins. I am worried about the playoffs though. As it stands we play Denver first. Not worried. However, the Ravens play the Jets/Dolphins/Pats, and will win. So the Colts would play them. That will be tough. If they win that, they play Pittsburgh. That will be tough also. Even though we did beat both of those teams already.

Zuku
12-17-2008, 04:58
The division leader Steelers [10-3] take on the Ratbirds [9-4] at Baltimore @ 4:15 today.

Crucial game for both teams, the Steelers need a win to make it a 2 game lead in the division over the Ratbirds.

The Ratbirds need a win to tie up the division.

Should be a good game, too bad I gotta DVR it and watch later this evening, this looks like a can't miss game.

The Steelers still have to play the Browns [4-9] and the Titans [12-1], who have clinched their division. I'm certain they'll get a win over the Browns but the Titans are another matter.

The Ratbirds still have to play the Cowboys [8-5], a possible wildcard team and the Jaguars [4-9].

We shall see.

Good luck to you and your team, unless they happen to be the Baltimore Ratbirds...

That was a horrible call that gave the Stealers the game. Get it? Stealers?
I was looking forward to overtime.

Zuku
12-17-2008, 05:02
Why is the media freaking out over the Titans going for it on 4th and short, instead of kicking a 50 yard field goal?

Which is easier:

Gaining 3 yards

vs

Stopping a top 5 offense from gaining 30-50 yards with 1:50 and 2 timeouts

The Texans put up nearly 400 yards of offense, and Cortland was terrible today. AJ made him look like a bum.

I'll take my chances on 3 yards.

If you pick up the first, you can run the clock down and kick a field goal to win. If you kick the field goal Houston drives down and kicks the game winner. Going for it gave the best chance to win the game.

This might make sense if Fisher weren't blaming himself for the loss for not chosing to go with the wind in the 4th quarter.
Kerry Collins is reminding everyone he's Kerry Collins. The playoffs look rough for 'em.

holychicken
12-17-2008, 05:03
I have lost that invincible feeling I had. . .my G-men are looking mighty weak right now. Hopefully Jacobs recovers fully for the playoffs. . .without shoot-myself-in-the-foot, we are really going to need him.

Zuku
12-17-2008, 05:04
I hate me some Southern Oklahoma Cowboys.

I hope Tuck kills Homo.

How does that expression go? Oh yeah, "Own3d!" Just like on your sig.

Zuku
12-17-2008, 05:11
I don't think anyone has been playing better defense than the Cowboys the past month. Unfortunately, their offense has been underwhelming which wouldn't be so bad if Romo didn't turn the ball over as much as he does.

Superbowl prediction: I have no clue. :(

Mulambo
12-17-2008, 05:12
I don't think anyone has been playing better defense than the Cowboys the past month. Unfortunately, their offense has been underwhelming which wouldn't be so bad if Romo didn't turn the ball over as much as he does.

Superbowl prediction: I have no clue. :(

I hate the Cowboys, but Terrance Newman is such a badass.

Jebsta16
12-17-2008, 05:31
I hate the Cowboys, but Terrance Newman is such a badass.

hahaha seriously? he sucks. the cowboys have an amazing front 7 and it has saved the ass of that garbage secondary, it still is one of the weakest in the league.

Caffy
12-17-2008, 05:34
This might make sense if Fisher weren't blaming himself for the loss for not chosing to go with the wind in the 4th quarter.
Kerry Collins is reminding everyone he's Kerry Collins. The playoffs look rough for 'em.

It wouldn't have mattered either way.

The Texans were sitting well inside FG range with over 50 seconds on the clock. Fisher opting to kick the field goal only changes the score, not the winner. 13-12 vs 16-15.

How does that expression go? Oh yeah, "Own3d!" Just like on your sig.

The Knee to the back was good enough. As long as he suffered. Maybe he has internal bleeding, and dies in his sleep. :lmao:

Mulambo
12-17-2008, 05:52
hahaha seriously? he sucks. the cowboys have an amazing front 7 and it has saved the ass of that garbage secondary, it still is one of the weakest in the league.

Newman was voted to the 2008 Pro Bowl after recording four interceptions (tying career high), 50 total tackles, 1 touchdown, 1 FF, and 13 pass deflections. Terence Newman played lockdown coverage all season despite playing with a torn plantar fascia in his right heel. After starting all 16 games each of his first four seasons, Newman started only 11 and missed three whole games due to injury. Three of Newmans interceptions were game-changing plays. One INT preserved a win against the Washington Redskins, while another prevented a scoring drive from the Buffalo Bills which later allowed a game winning field goal by Nick Folk, and an interception for a TD against the New York Jets all but prevented any comeback attempt.

He got called for pass interference against the giants on Sunday, and it was the first time in over a year (he did miss the three games though).