PDA

View Full Version : Pretty damn awesome US-North Korea engagement simulation

Tharkon Fargor
12-09-2008, 17:09
Made by US high command or something...or a Army documentary.

Go forward to about half the video.

Epic fail by the North koreans not to blow up the bridge though. Epic. Should've mined it or something.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsychklJBg

Razel
12-09-2008, 17:46
sorry but that 'video' is unrealistic, grow up.

Mippoose
12-09-2008, 17:55
America, fuck yeah.

Lethn
12-09-2008, 17:56
The majority of it's 3D while I don't doubt that they probably have that technology now it's clearly a propaganda film.

Vessol
12-09-2008, 18:01
Propaganda! Hoorah

Aragoni
12-09-2008, 18:02
And then the Vikings of Scandinavia comes out of nowhere and fucks them both!!!

Nafelos
12-09-2008, 18:04
The recconisance capabilities seem accurate for 2014, but the rest seems retarded. A wiser investment of taxpayer funds would be to invest in a more educated footsoldier, and a whole lot more of them. You can't win war with a bunch of high-tec toys by remote control. They help, but they aren't an excuse to cut back on troop numbers. Rumsfeld learned this the hard way.

Vessol
12-09-2008, 18:06
I love how they portray that NK soldier as a complete moron who shoots at a little robot on the bridge, then they completely overkill him with a direct god-damned missile complete with a stereotypical asian death scream(surprised they didn't insert a wilheim scream).

Kailas
12-09-2008, 18:27
I'm waiting for the US marine mechwarriors to come over the horizon.

Nafelos
12-09-2008, 18:28
I love how they portray that NK soldier as a complete moron who shoots at a little robot on the bridge, then they completely overkill him with a direct god-damned missile complete with a stereotypical asian death scream(surprised they didn't insert a wilheim scream).

But they make up for it (unrealistically) by having only one person defending an entire bridge.

Vessol
12-09-2008, 18:30
I'm waiting for the US marine mechwarriors to come over the horizon.

I'd enlist for that.

Silfurdreki
12-09-2008, 18:44
:lmao:

Propaganda at it's best. I love how every soldier sounds like something directly out of command & conquer.

Was it only me that wondered why the bridge didn't blow up from the explosion of that remote-controlled-car-thingey? It creaked pretty badly when they drove across it earlier.

And don't get me started on all the flashy computer screens with wireframe models and such...

Tharkon Fargor
12-09-2008, 18:50
Yeah its like the Iranian one, have you seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yQj8wPcx8g

US is more cool but this one is more interesting.
Iranians are like 3 years back in graphics =/ pfft.

And don't get me started on all the flashy computer screens with wireframe models and such...

They got that shit, most armies have it in limited capability already.
North Korea is still going bruteforce but they are developing some sweet UAV and tanks atm from what I read.

bloodfletcher2
12-09-2008, 19:00
Seems very exagerated, unrealistic and quite blatently biased in favour of the USA. I think if they just showed a clip of star wars instead of that crap i might of been more convinced.

Weeking
12-09-2008, 19:00
Retarded and complete overkill to even develop advanced technology to fight NK as they are very backwards and fewer than the Americans. I'd get a huge army of mercenary/immigrants from India or China and train them in police/antipartisan duty and hacking/espionage/sabotage instead if I was Obama.

Skyborn
12-09-2008, 19:06
Made by US high command or something...or a Army documentary.

Go forward to about half the video.

Epic fail by the North koreans not to blow up the bridge though. Epic. Should've mined it or something.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsychklJBg

Thats not made by the army but it is fun to watch.

Tharkon Fargor
12-09-2008, 19:10
Fewer than the americans? are you lost?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_size_of_armed_force s

North Koreans are 2 times larger with reserves and no way all could be used in North korea. With South Korea it would be pretty equal.

China would if anything support North korea both logisticly and with material.

India? Wtf...You're not even trying.
The video was btw of special US high tech forces. Obvious propaganda but all of that shit exists. North Korea isn't that backward neither. The army is many times better than the Iraqi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artillery_Guidance_Bureau
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People%27s_Air_Force#Air_Defense

:P 35 Mig 29 themselves are a problem.
They are a fourth of what South Korea has (about 130 F16) but including the SAM systems this could be a problem if they aren't taken out. Thus you'll need high-tech stuff probably. You can't just attack the North Korean army head on, they are so big and so strong you'll loose.

Also mig 23's aren't bad, they got 50 of them (according to Wiki, god knows how many in reality):

The Israelis tested a MiG-23MLD that defected from Syria and found it had better acceleration than the F-16 and F/A-18.

Another MiG-23 evaluation finding in the US and Israel reports was that the MiG-23 has a Heads-Up Display (HUD) that doubles as a radarscope, allowing the pilot to keep his eyes focused at infinity and work with his radar. It also allowed the Soviets to dispense with the radarscope on the MiG-23. This feature was carried over into the MiG-29, though in that aircraft a cathode ray tube (CRT) was carried on the upper right corner to double as a radarscope. Western opinions about this "head-up radarscope" are mixed. The Israelis were impressed, but an American F-16 pilot criticizes it as "sticking a transparent map in front of the HUD" and not providing a three-dimensional presentation that will accurately cue a pilot's eyes to look for a fighter as it appears in a particular direction

Skyborn
12-09-2008, 19:17
Airpower is not even a question...the F-22 would wtfpwnzor anything they put up in the air...not to mention all the crap that would never make it off the ground...

Weeking
12-09-2008, 19:19

You can't just attack the North Korean army head on, they are so big and so strong you'll loose.

This was supposed to be in 2014, which leaves plenty of time to train more forces and I was therefore comparing the population : "Population
- 2007 estimate 23,301,725[2] (48th"

USA, if they stopped being pussies, could in theory enlist a 23 million strong army even without foreigners serving. It could be difficult to get them over the Pacific though.

The reason they are getting the high tech stuff is not because it is needed to fight small countries like NA, but because they think it is economical due to less manpower need and they are pussies who don't want to lose people in war. Judging by the size of their economy, they could maybe get 100million or more enlisted permanently if they had low salaries, reasonably priced equipment and maintenance costs etc and don't take them out the economy to serve.

Fro
12-09-2008, 19:21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_size_of_armed_force s

North Koreans are 2 times larger with reserves and no way all could be used in North korea. With South Korea it would be pretty equal.

China would if anything support North korea both logisticly and with material.

The video was btw of special US high tech forces. Obvious propaganda but all of that shit exists. North Korea isn't that backward neither. The army is many times better than the Iraqi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artillery_Guidance_Bureau
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People%27s_Air_Force#Air_Defense

:P 35 Mig 29 themselves are a problem.
They are a fourth of what South Korea has (about 130 F16) but including the SAM systems this could be a problem if they aren't taken out. Thus you'll need high-tech stuff probably. You can't just attack the North Korean army head on, they are so big and so strong you'll loose.

Also mig 23's aren't bad, they got 50 of them (according to Wiki, god knows how many in reality):

South Korea + the US > North Korea. I'm pretty sure America and co would win but how easy it would be is debateable.

Skyborn
12-09-2008, 19:21
The reason they are getting the high tech stuff is not because it is needed to fight small countries like NA, but because they think it is economical due to less manpower need and they are pussies who don't want to lose people in war.

Says the fucking Norwegian. Norway hasn't done shit cept bend over for the Russians since the fucking vikings...

Tharkon Fargor
12-09-2008, 19:23
Yeah F-22 is only really good if you disable enemy radar. F-22 is to expensive to have engaging anything except targets you know it will destroy.

There would also be other problems. The most advanced part of the North Korean army is their Navy defense missiles. Pretty good shit.

So you couldn't just come up with carriers at the coast.
You'd have to launch F-22's from nearby bases whcih would put them at risk of bombardment by 2000 mid and long range ballistic missiles. You don't even have enough patriots loaded to counter that even if it would be 1 kill for each patriot missile shot up.

So you might not even risk F-22's getting pwned.
And a Mig 29 is in a fair fight vs F-16's and F-18 + you'd have defensive Air systems giving support. Trust me, without the high tech gizmoes North Korea is simply impossible to invade.

Weeking
12-09-2008, 19:23
Says the fucking Norwegian. Norway hasn't done shit cept bend over for the Russians since the fucking vikings...

But I'm still a fucking viking.

bloodfletcher2
12-09-2008, 19:27

Says the online hero, who's greatest accomplishment is outwitting a 13 year old on a games forum. May i ask what country you reside in?

Fro
12-09-2008, 19:28
But I'm still a fucking viking.

No you're not.

Skyborn
12-09-2008, 19:31
Says the online hero, who's greatest accomplishment is outwitting a 13 year old on a games forum. May i ask what country you reside in?

US and I am in the AF.

Tharkon Fargor
12-09-2008, 19:33
What Imo you could roll with are J-35. Do they really shield against radar detection as good as the F-117 though?

Skyborn
12-09-2008, 19:35
Yeah F-22 is only really good if you disable enemy radar. F-22 is to expensive to have engaging anything except targets you know it will destroy.

There would also be other problems. The most advanced part of the North Korean army is their Navy defense missiles. Pretty good shit.

So you couldn't just come up with carriers at the coast.
You'd have to launch F-22's from nearby bases whcih would put them at risk of bombardment by 2000 mid and long range ballistic missiles. You don't even have enough patriots loaded to counter that even if it would be 1 kill for each patriot missile shot up. Oh yeah, the F-22 is stealth as well...no external systems at all, from what I know it looks like a bird or something on Radar.

The only wild card that would give N Korea a chance is whether or not China would jump in on their side...if they did they could just zerg US/S Korea et al.

So you might not even risk F-22's getting pwned.
And a Mig 29 is in a fair fight vs F-16's and F-18 + you'd have defensive Air systems giving support. Trust me, without the high tech gizmoes North Korea is simply impossible to invade.

Here's the deal, we can fly heavy bombers, if necessary, from the states to drop bombs. In reality we would probably fly from bases in central asia, Japan, Guam, Diego Garcia, etc. That would be phase one, the purpose of which would be to eliminate air defenses...and it would work, then the F-22's could fly in at will for Air to Air combat (given any N Korean fighters were left).

bloodfletcher2
12-09-2008, 19:37
US and I am in the AF.

I presume AF is armed forces, that ofcourse makes you better than Norway, because you joined up for a job with a higher death rate, sorry it's all a big mistake.

Skyborn
12-09-2008, 19:39
I presume AF is armed forces, that ofcourse makes you better than Norway, because you joined up for a job with a higher death rate, sorry it's all a big mistake.

Air Force actually...and the only good thing to come out of Norway are the hot females.

Besides his point was that all the high tech was out of fear of loss of troops, learn to fucking read.

Tharkon Fargor
12-09-2008, 19:49
You americans blackmailed Norway to buy your planes instead of our, better and cheaper All-round Gripen :(

Anyway what you're saying wouldn't work. Cause Mig's would be scrambled to intercept the bombers and then we're back at square one.
Taking out the M-23's and M-29's and then bombing their Strategic missiles before NA launches the same missile attack on your bases is crucial.

Ellse you'll have MAS. Mutual assured destruction of both your and their Air Bases.

here stealthy UAV's can be used. To both destroy Strategic Missile sites and Air Force bases of NA.

Mippoose
12-09-2008, 20:40
Airpower is not even a question...the F-22 would wtfpwnzor anything they put up in the air...not to mention all the crap that would never make it off the ground...

More like we would deploy F-16's because the F-22 isn't practical.

Pcheez
12-09-2008, 21:52
Its all well and good in theory.

But in Theory, the Merkava tank was invincible.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b7s5lnjXR5s

But hezbollah with no fancy ass tanks or satellite coordination whipped the shit out of the IDF when they "tried" to storm the south of lebanon in 2006 after they had razed everything and scorched the earth.

Technology is a fantastic edge, but it will not detect 100 infantry hidden in thermally insulated hatches in the ground waiting for the enemy to roll over them and they ambush from behind.

Plus, its fucking costly to maintain such technology, that little ATV bot probably cost a few million. That 1 Nk guy and his launcher cost peanuts.

The whole artillerying the NK tanks that decided to stroll in somewhere in the vid assumes the US has absolute Air superiority. That may be somewhat true in NK, but think about actual threat countries like Russia or China, hell any country that has a stock of Silkworm missile actually will do.

That was a stupid simulation, sorry.

Fruitbasket
12-09-2008, 22:21
Thats not my North Korea, My North Korea is the ruler of the world.

I <3 North Korea.

The-Nit
12-09-2008, 22:29
I just happen to make systems like that for a living.
And i must say that it's quite fun.

Tharkon Fargor
12-09-2008, 22:43
Its all well and good in theory.

But in Theory, the Merkava tank was invincible.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b7s5lnjXR5s

But hezbollah with no fancy ass tanks or satellite coordination whipped the shit out of the IDF when they "tried" to storm the south of lebanon in 2006 after they had razed everything and scorched the earth.

Technology is a fantastic edge, but it will not detect 100 infantry hidden in thermally insulated hatches in the ground waiting for the enemy to roll over them and they ambush from behind.

Plus, its fucking costly to maintain such technology, that little ATV bot probably cost a few million. That 1 Nk guy and his launcher cost peanuts.

The whole artillerying the NK tanks that decided to stroll in somewhere in the vid assumes the US has absolute Air superiority. That may be somewhat true in NK, but think about actual threat countries like Russia or China, hell any country that has a stock of Silkworm missile actually will do.

That was a stupid simulation, sorry.

Lol how the Al Jazera guy in the first part seems totaly crazy xD, more eb├╝uuul than the hezbulle guy ;D

Nah but Hezbollah is very skilled and experienced. North Korea is to tho I guess. Edit: important thing to note though is that they are qutie cheap. The small UAVs are obviously more expensive than their human controlled counterparts but they are far more effective. A small UAV fighter can be remote controlled precisely and without fear of loss of life, carrying only enough missiles to complete its job and thus making it cheaper in the long run than the same manned one.

Even more important, the very small UAV's only carryign 2 missiles are very cheap compared to even normal UAV's or small/light jet fighters or helicopters.

Marrik
12-10-2008, 00:03
lol i love the scary oriental-sounding riff they play whenever the lone North Korean (because im sure one of the biggest armies in the world would have had a single dude guarding the bridge) pokes his head out.

way to spend millions of tax payer dollars to kill him too btw, lol