PDA

View Full Version : News: On your marks, get set, ...*akdfjl;sjfklsdj*

StainlessSteelRat
11-28-2008, 19:35
Obama supporters claim their first victim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html

Ankh
11-28-2008, 19:36
Lolque?

Lethn
11-28-2008, 19:39
You fucking tit it doesn't even mention the word 'obama' in that article.

tallefred
11-28-2008, 19:40
"Welcome to Walmart, how can I AGHHHHHH!!!!"

Kuri
11-28-2008, 19:40
NY: The state of,.. the wal-mart killers?

Edit: I live in central NY and I have no idea were the hell valley stream even is.

Slypieguy
11-28-2008, 19:44
Of all the stores people would bust down the door to get in, I would never imagine it to be Wal-Mart. Fucking hate that place

Caffy
11-28-2008, 19:48
Epic. This could only happen in Yankee land.

God hates Yankees.

Humac
11-28-2008, 19:51
Some stealth job there. Definitely a hitman hiding in the crowd.

Xtra-Medium
11-28-2008, 19:51
just to get a 30% discount

DeadlyHit
11-28-2008, 19:53
Epic. This could only happen in Yankee land.

God hates Yankees.

Lol, Wall Mart is fail.

Caffy
11-28-2008, 19:55
WTF is a "Wall Mart"? Do they sell walls?

The Cougar
11-28-2008, 19:58
You fucking tit it doesn't even mention the word 'obama' in that article.
Obama supporters = poor people.

Incanam
11-28-2008, 20:04

Yeah except that this happens every year...(Black Friday I mean)...and poor people don't want $300 off new plasma screen TV's...

Thoric
11-28-2008, 20:18
That's just fucking stupid. I'm honestly shocked.

omnigol
11-28-2008, 20:21
Maybe they'll discover a gene in people that makes them retarded fucking herd animals. How stupid do you have to be to trample a human being to death, for a fucking sale on a TV.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 20:26

poor people in suburban Long Island?

ignorant fucks should stfu and gtfo before typing and displaying their ignorance, imo

Niles
11-28-2008, 20:28
Silly poor people.

Dirty l3um
11-28-2008, 20:30

ignorant fucks should stfu and gtfo before typing and displaying their ignorance, imo

well when all the welfare recipients voted for him, it kinda shows who his fanbase is, even if there are a number of middle class members that voted for him out of white guilt (http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/so-we-cool-now-barack-obama/). Most people who pay a substantial amount of taxes did not vote for him. None of the engineers i met at my internship voted obama. but their engineers, what the hell do they know?

The Cougar
11-28-2008, 20:33

Hahaha, did you get angry? I was just making an attempt at translating the OP.

Maybe they'll discover a gene in people that makes them retarded fucking herd animals. How stupid do you have to be to trample a human being to death, for a fucking sale on a TV.
Possibly. Be it religion, football games or metal concerts, most people seem to be able to be "caught up in the mood" and act like crazy, unintelligible sheep. It's very scary.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 20:34
well when all the welfare recipients voted for him, it kinda shows who his fanbase is, even if there are a number of middle class members that voted for him out of white guilt (http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/so-we-cool-now-barack-obama/). Most people who pay a substantial amount of taxes did not vote for him. None of the engineers i met at my internship voted obama

your ignorance and denial of objective reality truly staggers the Imagination

here's one map (http://www.pollster.com/) for you to remember

now, if you really want to eat the words you typed, you can check out earned income versus government recipients and income levels for both those red and blue areas...

a nice desert for your turkey day dinner...

try looking at reality rather than your internal fantasyland sometime, it might just teach you something

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 20:35
Hahaha, did you get angry? I was just making an attempt at translating the OP.

me?

angry?

perish the very thought...

i just get really amused by the inane stupidity of some folks, and you topped the early afternoon list...

thanks for the laugh, have a shot of bleach with your akvavit today

Carl Ragadamn
11-28-2008, 20:35
Yeah except that this happens every year...(Black Friday I mean)...and poor people don't want $300 off new plasma screen TV's...

Yes they do, because now they have a "right" to live in comfort.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 20:37
Yes they do, because now they have a "right" to live in comfort.

you know better Carl...

flip the script...how about those executives who have the "right" to million dollar bonuses for fucking up their failed companies... no more "bulls" or "bears" on Wall street, eh?

gg indeed

The Cougar
11-28-2008, 20:38
me?

angry?

perish the very thought...

i just get really amused by the inane stupidity of some folks, and you topped the early afternoon list...

thanks for the laugh, have a shot of bleach with your akvavit today
Oh come on, admit you were annoyed by my stupidity for a split second there.

Silverhandorder
11-28-2008, 20:39
you know better Carl...

flip the script...how about those executives who have the "right" to million dollar bonuses for fucking up their failed companies... no more "bulls" or "bears" on Wall street, eh?

gg indeed

I dont know if those two things are comparable.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 20:40
Oh come on, admit you were annoyed by my stupidity for a split second there.

sorry to disappoint....

you see, yer olde Doctor is of the school that thinks that Ignorance can be cured by education and patience

nothing can fix stupid...

you cannot be repaired

glad to help...

ExiliuM
11-28-2008, 20:41
You guys are pissy.

Dirty l3um
11-28-2008, 20:43

now, if you really want to eat the words you typed, you can check out earned income versus government recipients and income levels for both those red and blue areas...

try looking at reality rather than your internal fantasyland sometime, it might just teach you something

lol that made me laugh, you showed a picture of the election readout and called that proof of what i was saying to not be true. do a personal study and look at the demographic readouts in the countys that obama won in florida and you will see that in those counties, not only was 30% of the population black, but do a little research of the median income in those counties.

i would do it myself but i have to be at work at 3

welcome to statistics, where numbers are reality

The Cougar
11-28-2008, 20:43
sorry to disappoint....

you see, yer olde Doctor is of the school that thinks that Ignorance can be cured by education and patience

nothing can fix stupid...

you cannot be repaired

glad to help...
Wait, I thought I was ignorant? Guess who's being stupid now!

Astaren
11-28-2008, 20:44
Americans never cease to surprise me.. LOL

Silverhandorder
11-28-2008, 20:45
Americans never cease to surprise me.. LOL

A diverse country of 300 million will do that to you.

Carl Ragadamn
11-28-2008, 20:46
you know better Carl...

gg indeed
Damn doc I cant even get in one cheapshot? Though I do know several people on the government teet that have flatscreen TV's, I am sure that not "all" poor people are greedy like that.

You guys are pissy.

Here is a hint, dont have to work a 12hr shift on the day after Thanksgiving, at a liquor store. It will suck your will to live. I have heard so many people bitching about their family, that I need to start charging a counseling fee.

Shads
11-28-2008, 20:46
That's capitalism for you ...

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 20:47
lol that made me laugh, you showed a picture of the election readout and called that proof of what i was saying to not be true. do a personal study and look at the demographic readouts in the countys that obama won in florida and you will see that in those counties, not only was 30% of the population black, but do a little research of the median income in those counties.

i would do it myself but i have to be at work at 3

welcome to statistics, where numbers are reality

so you are taking anecdotal info from one state and extrapolating it for 300 million people?

gg indeed sir!

what i showed you was pure numbers, you can dig into the site and get it county by county...i then said that if you wanted you could compare incomes for those areas as well as fed statistics for assitance, county by county

what you will find is that the blue areas make more money, and the red areas get more assistance(read:welfare) per capita...thus completely invalidating your statement with objective and confirmable hard data

go back to church and pray for enlightenment, your faith based "reasoning" has failed you so far

Loadafreak
11-28-2008, 20:48
The guy who died just sucks at left4dead. He should have just melee'd the poor people away.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 20:49
Wait, I thought I was ignorant? Guess who's being stupid now!

i realize English is not your first language...so i suggest you read what you quoted again....your continued typing has shifted you from the category of ignorant, and thus able to be helped...into stupid...which cannot be fixed

i've explained it so you can find someone to look up the big words for you and perhaps someday you might understand...

for Carl: no cheap shots with me around, bubba... you know i'll keep you honest and on your toes...and i expect no less in return

StainlessSteelRat
11-28-2008, 20:49

Suburban LI = Green Acres Mall is conveniently located at the intersection of Sunrise Highway and Green Acres Road in Valley Stream, New York, just east of the Queens border and one block south of the Long Island Railroad Valley Stream Station.

But srsly, tons of rich people shop at walmart.

Anyway, show the county by county map. Obama won cities = bleeding heart liberals and poor people.

First - the richest and poorest live in big cities.
Second - adjust earned income for CoL and look at median, not average income, and you will be in for a very big surprise. But that's what happens when you compare apples to apples.

Reckin Crew
11-28-2008, 20:50

yes, there are actual areas in Long Island that are quite poor....especially around Green Acres Mall....Parts of Rosedale, Cambria Heights, and a few others in and around that area are pretty bad.

Slaker
11-28-2008, 20:51
Its dangerous shopping at Wal-Mart!

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 20:54
for Slippery Jim diGriz and Reckin'

i'm well aware, and was merely pushing back at the generalities, my apologies for any other impression

but if you take a look at what's considered "poor" in Long Island and compare it to say what's considered "poor" in rural Louisiana you will possibly understand my point...

here in Maine we have some pretty poor folks barely getting by, right next to vacation homes worth millions owned by folks from "away"

getting accurate data of this nature is not easy...hence my usage of "per capita" in order to get as close as possible when it comes to "apples to apples"

hope that clarifies

The Cougar
11-28-2008, 20:55
i realize English is not your first language...so i suggest you read what you quoted again....your continued typing has shifted you from the category of ignorant, and thus able to be helped...into stupid...which cannot be fixed

i've explained it so you can find someone to look up the big words for you and perhaps someday you might understand...
I appreciate the Doctor's diagnosis. However, I don't appreciate the lack of clarity, because every mistake I have made seems to be due to ignorance, not stupidity. Are you really that angry with me?

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 21:08
I appreciate the Doctor's diagnosis. However, I don't appreciate the lack of clarity, because every mistake I have made seems to be due to ignorance, not stupidity. Are you really that angry with me?

you keep trying to slip anger in there when there is none coming form me

check around these boards, or ask any SBer you know, believe me...it's VERY apparent when i am angry

there's clarity aplenty in this thread, along with plenty of murky...up to you to figure out which is what, imo

StainlessSteelRat
11-28-2008, 21:08
for Slippery Jim diGriz and Reckin'

i'm well aware, and was merely pushing back at the generalities, my apologies for any other impression

but if you take a look at what's considered "poor" in Long Island and compare it to say what's considered "poor" in rural Louisiana you will possibly understand my point...

here in Maine we have some pretty poor folks barely getting by, right next to vacation homes worth millions owned by folks from "away"

getting accurate data of this nature is not easy...hence my usage of "per capita" in order to get as close as possible when it comes to "apples to apples"

hope that clarifies

You have to look at the median. For example in '06 NY was 62K and LO was 48K. Then you have to adjust for Cost of Living. Obviously, this can't be done at the state level. But in the end, median income in 'red states' on your map is not too far off the 'blue states' and it gets a lot closer if you start factoring in the cost of living differences which inflate income levels in large cities.

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=62000&city1=53651000&city2=52255000

Is this the type of information you were refering to regarding 'gov't recipients'?

http://www.nemw.org/taxburd.htm

If so, be careful what you read into this. This is everything spent be it for DoD, Transportation, etc. Large geographic states w/ low populations will require the same expenditures for interstate upkeep as same size states w/ high pops. Also, the south is riddled w/ army bases. Etc. etc.

I'm looking for one that deals strictly in 'handouts' directly to individuals/families. I'll post if I find one.

This is state spending which is often matched w/ federal money.

http://www.ppinys.org/reports/jtf/welfarespending.htm

psycho91
11-28-2008, 21:12
made me lol :P

Kraven
11-28-2008, 21:13

lol... black... friday...

Eldest
11-28-2008, 21:14
That's pretty horrible, but then again, Americans (If I had to pigeon hole them) are known for their selfishness. It's not their fault they are the head of an international empire.

Stax
11-28-2008, 21:14
Obama supporters claim their first victim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html

Damn that Obama for causing this! That poor man died cause of Obama. I think we should petition to have Obama impeached.

:lmao:

The Cougar
11-28-2008, 21:15
you keep trying to slip anger in there when there is none coming form me

check around these boards, or ask any SBer you know, believe me...it's VERY apparent when i am angry

there's clarity aplenty in this thread, along with plenty of murky...up to you to figure out which is what, imo
You seemed angry when I compared poor people to Obama supporters. I thought I had struck a nerve somehow, and wanted to apologize. If I was being ignorant, I'm sorry, as for me being stupid... I guess it's not fitting for a non-native English speaker to insinuate that you murkied up those two definitions somehow.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 21:15
You have to look at the median. For example in '06 NY was 62K and LO was 48K. Then you have to adjust for Cost of Living. Obviously, this can't be done at the state level. But in the end, median income in 'red states' on your map is not too far off the 'blue states' and it gets a lot closer if you start factoring in the cost of living differences which inflate income levels in large cities.

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=62000&city1=53651000&city2=52255000

Is this the type of information you were refering to regarding 'gov't recipients'?

http://www.nemw.org/taxburd.htm

If so, be careful what you read into this. This is everything spent be it for DoD, Transportation, etc. Large geographic states w/ low populations will require the same expenditures for interstate upkeep as same size states w/ high pops. Also, the south is riddled w/ army bases. Etc. etc.

I'm looking for one that deals strictly in 'handouts' directly to individuals/families. I'll post if I find one.

no worries...thanks for the links

i think that "median" provides erroneus conclusions... per capita is a much more accurate assessment, imo

it only takes a few billionaires to skew a county full of poverty, whereas per capita removes the false perceptions derived from averaging hugely disparate numbers....

ie: 99,000 folks making 20k a year averaged with Bill Gates and a few millionaires makes the average form the 100k sampling look MUCH better than the same people extrapolated in per capita terms...

hope that helps clarify

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 21:17
You seemed angry when I compared poor people to Obama supporters. I thought I had struck a nerve somehow, and wanted to apologize. If I was being ignorant, I'm sorry, as for me being stupid... I guess it's not fitting for a non-native English speaker to insinuate that you murkied up those two definitions somehow.

no worries, and no need to apologize, especially if you recognize that i get pretty snarky

i didn't "murky" anything tho...i defined the terms pretty clearly in my snark, you missing that was what colored my reaction... and your English is an infinite amount better than my Norwegian, take the compliment offered...

fair enough?

StainlessSteelRat
11-28-2008, 21:23

i think that "median" provides erroneus conclusions... per capita is a much more accurate assessment, imo

it only takes a few billionaires to skew a county full of poverty, whereas per capita removes the false perceptions derived from averaging hugely disparate numbers....

ie: 99,000 folks making 20k a year averaged with Bill Gates and a few millionaires makes the average form the 100k sampling look MUCH better than the same people extrapolated in per capita terms...

hope that helps clarify

Sure, per capita is good; but median isn't average. Median is the 'middle' and eliminates the Bill Gates effect. (per capita would still need CoL adjustment)

btw here's a bit of info on NY http://www.city-journal.org/article01.php?aid=1528

"The results show that New York’s spending is low in some categories, such as college education; quite high in many categories; and strikingly high—more than double the national average—in the categories that constitute low-income assistance. Welfare and related programs, in fact, account for more than one-third of the total difference in spending between New York and the average state."

Not the most recent info, but I don't really see why the trend would have changed. Could be wrong though.

Regardless, Cougar was correct in his initial interpretation of my post which seemed fairly obvious until Lethn came along. ;)

The Cougar
11-28-2008, 21:25
no worries, and no need to apologize, especially if you recognize that i get pretty snarky

i didn't "murky" anything tho...i defined the terms pretty clearly in my snark, you missing that was what colored my reaction... and your English is an infinite amount better than my Norwegian, take the compliment offered...

fair enough?
It has always been fair. And now I also understand where your statements came from. Consider my ignorance erased (while the stupidity humbly remains).

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 21:26
Slippery Jim,

you will find that yer olde Doctor not only enjoys and encourages discourse with folks of disparate views, but also truly appreciates those who can bring it with intellectual honesty rather than ideological dogma

i look forward to more discourse, and think we have more in agreement than is readily apparent

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 21:28
It has always been fair. And now I also understand where your statements came from. Consider my ignorance erased (while the stupidity humbly remains).

lol...

well played indeed...

for an Apology, allow me to offer a cookie

------------------> @

and some coffee

--------------------> c|_|

Silverhandorder
11-28-2008, 21:28

hope that helps clarify

Maybe my math is wrong but I think you switched those two definitions.

Median is if you take the number directly in the middle.

Per Capita is the avg.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 21:44
look above, that got clarified and fixed, i admit my error in nomenclature and stand corrected for it

now, let me be..i'm reading Slippery Jim's links....

Silverhandorder
11-28-2008, 21:47
Shit... sorry about that didn't refresh after reading.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 21:48
Shit... sorry about that didn't refresh after reading.

nothing new, or surprising there....

StainlessSteelRat
11-28-2008, 22:00
http://www.knx1070.com/Shooting-at-a-Toys-R-Us-in-Palm-Desert/3400555

/sigh

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 22:02
http://www.knx1070.com/Shooting-at-a-Toys-R-Us-in-Palm-Desert/3400555

/sigh

i gotta agree that there is some serious fucked up shit going on today

who knew that shopping could involve PKing with full loot?

waitaminnit........... :idea:

time for some Darkmall!

Metal Wolf
11-28-2008, 22:23
I went to walmart yesterday at 1 am, best experience there ever. Not a single other fucker to be seen in the hole place.

joeapro
11-28-2008, 22:36
I can't imagine for the life of me what was so important that they had to be there at 4am to get in. There's nothing crazy special for sale, no limited time items etc.. no grand spanking new releases to any special products like game systems and shit.. So senseless

Carl Ragadamn
11-28-2008, 22:38
I can't imagine for the life of me what was so important that they had to be there at 4am to get in. There's nothing crazy special for sale, no limited time items etc.. no grand spanking new releases to any special products like game systems and shit.. So senseless

30% off of the TV's...

joeapro
11-28-2008, 22:42
30% off of the TV's...

a tv that they'll probably be pawning in 5 weeks so they can pay their rent or crack habits

Sinter_Klaas
11-28-2008, 22:57
Someone got f'kking stampeded to death and all most of you US guys can do is say "pfft it was probably the blacks, who cares".

I have ZERO respect left for Americans. I hope Obama can save your country, because if you think you can "sit him out" for 4 years and act like it never happened, well I can promise you that the US will be the biggest shithole on earth.

And this is coming from a wealthy white Dutch male.

DocGonzo
11-28-2008, 23:07
Someone got f'kking stampeded to death and all most of you US guys can do is say "pfft it was probably the blacks, who cares".

I have ZERO respect left for Americans. I hope Obama can save your country, because if you think you can "sit him out" for 4 years and act like it never happened, well I can promise you that the US will be the biggest shithole on earth.

first...there had best be some quality candy in my wooden shoes this year!!

second...do NOT take the tiny percentage of loud mouths and jokers for the vast majority of US residents

over 8 million more voted for Barry than they did for the McFailin ticket, do NOT equate Bush and his ideologue followers to the rest of the country

now, don't you have some deliveries to prepare for?

StainlessSteelRat
11-28-2008, 23:08
say "pfft it was probably the blacks, who cares".

Hrm, just checked, don't see that anywhere. I just lost all respect for wealthy white Dutch males; they have no radnieg slilkz.

Fruitbasket
11-28-2008, 23:11
Ho me fucking god!!! I live there!

Carl Ragadamn
11-28-2008, 23:24

You seem to have been both reading between lines and filling in gaps with preconceived notions, this leads to jumping to conclusions.

Sinter_Klaas
11-28-2008, 23:26
Yes because this has been the first thing I ever saw happening in the US and the mentality of its people.

Edit:
And it's only gonna be so long for there's a video of this happening on youtube. Why, because people saw it happening but they videotaped it instead of helping.

Silverhandorder
11-28-2008, 23:34
Yes because this has been the first thing I ever saw happening in the US and the mentality of its people.

What the fuck do you want us to say?

Last I checked but your country depends on US to protect it militarily. Or you think Russia doesn't walk all over Europe because it is afraid of your "union"?

http://www.knx1070.com/Shooting-at-a...Desert/3400555

/sigh

See this is the reason why we need to ban guns!

:ninja:

Ruggulkrek
11-28-2008, 23:35
Hmm, I wonder what the racial make-up of the crowd was, what the majority was. I'm just curious.. :rolleyes:

See this is the reason why we need to ban guns!

Or give everyone guns, so that the military and the government aren't the only ones that have them, and you can't shoot someone in a Toys R Us without getting shot by 6 other customers yourself. Not to mention criminals generally don't buy their guns legally, so they still have them, and we're the only ones that are screwed. But that's a whole different topic.

Sinter_Klaas
11-28-2008, 23:40
What the fuck do you want us to say?

Last I checked but your country depends on US to protect it militarily. Or you think Russia doesn't walk all over Europe because it is afraid of your "union"?

I don't think could make a stronger statement myself regarding how the US sees themself.

Thanks!

Silverhandorder
11-28-2008, 23:41
I don't think could make a stronger statement myself regarding how the US sees themself.

Thanks!

Sure w/e you still did not answer my question wtf do you want us to say?

Or give everyone guns, so that the military and the government aren't the only ones that have them, and you can't shoot someone in a Toys R Us without getting shot by 6 other customers yourself. But that's a whole different topic.

So then we can get 200% increase in accident deaths? No thank you!

Ruggulkrek
11-28-2008, 23:45
Oh ok, well write your congressman then and tell him to start the ball rolling on banning cars in your state. They cause many, many, many, many, MANY times more accidental deaths a year than guns could ever dream of.

And the only way you're going to "accidently kill someone" is if you take your gun out of your holster and aim it at someone's head while fucking around with the safety off and your finger on the trigger. And that's not an accident.

Silverhandorder
11-28-2008, 23:47
I am ahead of you I am also requesting concentration camps so we can have guards making sure no one is doing anything that can hurt them selves!

Ruggulkrek
11-28-2008, 23:49
The fucked up thing is, I truly believe you, and I honestly don't think you're kidding. Even if you say you are here, I think that deep down inside you'd be fine with that. Like, if they just gave you shelter, rations, some clothes, and TV inside, I think that would be your American dream.

Oh well, we'll get there eventually if we keep going the way we are, so no worries.

Silverhandorder
11-28-2008, 23:51
Yeah it is the matter of time. Once people forget their traditions of liberty and accept the state the sky is the limit.

*rubs his hands*

ejnomad07
11-28-2008, 23:51
If Walmart had sentry turrets by those entrances those people would have behaved. :(

Peith
11-28-2008, 23:55
Incoming Michael Moore documentary.

I'd watch it. Black Friday is pretty hilarious.

phiberoptick
11-28-2008, 23:56
"Welcome to Walmart, how can I AGHHHHHH!!!!"

hahahaha thats so awesome

Jinpachi
11-29-2008, 00:01
Obama

Yeah ok.

See trough the security camera recordings and give everyone who participated in the stampede capital punishment. Seriously.

Silverhandorder
11-29-2008, 00:17
Imagine if the shoppers were all inside PutinTanks (http://putintank.ytmnd.com/).

You gona get suspended. Your +1 spree will end up hurting you with the time you will loose to the suspension.

Reckin Crew
11-29-2008, 16:31
we have a video of the incident: http://www.nypost.com/seven/11292008/news/regionalnews/killer_tide_at_shop_of_horror_141344.htm

StainlessSteelRat
11-29-2008, 16:35
we have a video of the incident: http://www.nypost.com/seven/11292008/news/regionalnews/killer_tide_at_shop_of_horror_141344.htm

"He was killed to save a few dollars. They didn't have to do it; there were more than enough TVs to go around," said Stephen Manning, 20. "He was here only four days. Last year, they only bent the door. People are insane."

/facepalm