PDA

View Full Version : Your beta testing resume

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 19:19
Who really is most qualified to Beta test Darkfall? Post your experience here :)

MMORGS BETA TESTED

Eq Expansions
Shadowbane and Expansions
Planetside and Expansions
Star Wars Galaxies
Lineage 2
City of Heroes
Guild Wars and Expansions
World of Warcraft and Expansions
Lotr
D&D Online
Tabula Rasa
Age of Conan
Warhammer Online
Neocron
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Auto Assault

I also have played EQ1 and EVE online but did not beta test them.

FPS Beta testing experience
WW2 online
BF2
BF2142

Typically my testing style is PVP oriented developing overpowered character templates. This contributes to class balance efforts.

Kusghuul
11-17-2008, 19:21
Beta test RL myself. Alpha was better, the breath nerf fucking sucked. So did hangovers.

Mulambo
11-17-2008, 19:24
Who really is most qualified to Beta test Darkfall? Post your experience here :)

Typically my testing style is PVP oriented developing overpowered character templates. This contributes to class balance efforts.

I found 387,721 bugs when I beta tested Ultima Online. I reported all of them at least three times.

holychicken
11-17-2008, 19:26
You name it, I beta tested it. . . except for DFO.

I win. Where is my beta key?

Being a fat-ass, I usually do load testing.

Nevron
11-17-2008, 19:27
Previous games beta tested do not make one any more qualified than the next guy. Any jackass can submit a beta application.

Reigngod
11-17-2008, 19:28

MMORGS BETA TESTED

Eq Expansions
Star Wars Galaxies
Lineage 2
City of Heroes
Lotr
D&D Online
Tabula Rasa
Age of Conan
Warhammer Online
Neocron
Auto Assault

I also have played EQ1 and EVE online but did not beta test them.

FPS Beta testing experience
WW2 online
BF2
BF2142

Proof or it didnt happen.

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 19:29
Previous games beta tested do not make one any more qualified than the next guy. Any jackass can submit a beta application.

getting selected for a Beta doesnt make you more qualified but experience actually testing them does.

Nevron
11-17-2008, 19:30
getting selected for a Beta doesnt make you more qualified but experience actually testing them does.

No it doesn't. Any jackass can submit a bug report.

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 19:31
Proof or it didnt happen.
I still have the screenshots, send me $20 and a self addressed stamped envelope and ill send you a DVD..:)

paade
11-17-2008, 19:31

MMORGS BETA TESTED

Eq Expansions
Star Wars Galaxies
Lineage 2
City of Heroes
Lotr
D&D Online
Tabula Rasa
Age of Conan
Warhammer Online
Neocron
Auto Assault

all those games suck ass, thanks to you. You fail.

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 19:33
all those games suck ass, thanks to you. You fail.

LOL, I told them how much they sucked, regularly( in a constructive, bug reporting way :))

Ultimo
11-17-2008, 19:34
My beta testing style is unique. I just run around doing stupid things. I probably hold the record for getting stuck/falling through graphics, or reaching areas that I'm not supposed to (and thus getting stuck that way).

Darkfall probably doesn't care about that, since the gameplay/map is so open. But that won't stop me from reaching areas not accessible to most players and exploiting the shit out of it.

EDIT: And by exploiting it, I mean exploiting it until they fix it (I really do report these things, I just have fun with them while they are still on the table).

Reigngod
11-17-2008, 19:37
I still have the screenshots, send me $20 and a self addressed stamped envelope and ill send you a DVD..:)

Its your lie so tell as you wish.

Bunkah
11-17-2008, 19:45
I've BETA tested ALL MMO so far..

My life is still in BETA too..

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 19:47
My beta testing style is unique. I just run around doing stupid things. I probably hold the record for getting stuck/falling through graphics, or reaching areas that I'm not supposed to (and thus getting stuck that way).

Darkfall probably doesn't care about that, since the gameplay/map is so open. But that won't stop me from reaching areas not accessible to most players and exploiting the shit out of it.

EDIT: And by exploiting it, I mean exploiting it until they fix it (I really do report these things, I just have fun with them while they are still on the table).

I would typically do this from a pve aspect of trying to level faster than the dev's intended by perching and aeing whole camps or such, but in DF that would be as necesary since there is no "XP"

Perhaps we can figure out how to exploit terrain to grind skill points with no risk :)...

Only real beta testers can help fix this kind of thing, bots don't think so creatively :)

Gotrex
11-17-2008, 19:48
I beta tested your mum

Salaman
11-17-2008, 19:53
Asheron's Call 2
Earth and Beyond
Star Wars Galaxies
Planetside
Saga of Ryzom
EVE online
Mythos

I'm only counting closed betas since any clown with a fileplanet subscription can do open betas.

As for style, I don't care about being uber and worrying about what people say is good or what sucks and just pick skills/items that sound cool to me based on the in game description and then report on how they could be improved.

Jezrith
11-17-2008, 19:57
I beta tested your mum

Apparently you didn't report all the bugs...

Rashgar
11-17-2008, 20:00
I would say that anyone who beta tested other games expecially AoC, WoW, Warhammer should never be allowed to test Darkfall. Because all the above mentioned games are absolute shit in finished mode.

Teutates
11-17-2008, 20:02
I'm beta testing forumfall

Carl Ragadamn
11-17-2008, 20:06

Alpha phase was so much better, they have nerfed everything except the failtree for beta.

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 20:08
I would say that anyone who beta tested other games expecially AoC, WoW, Warhammer should never be allowed to test Darkfall. Because all the above mentioned games are absolute shit in finished mode.

Don't forget the best way to learn is from your mistakes :)

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 20:08

Forumfall has been in gold for years, beta ended in 2006 :)

Saturday Saint
11-17-2008, 20:13
I've never beta tested any games. However, as an avid script kiddie, I'd love to test their ability to ban me when I start using chams, maphax, trainers, and my trusty pindlebot.

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 21:10
I've never beta tested any games. However, as an avid script kiddie, I'd love to test their ability to ban me when I start using chams, maphax, trainers, and my trusty pindlebot.

Umm that would probably the best advertisment for why not to let you near the game :)

Forgin
11-17-2008, 21:15

It's really smart to warn them before you are in beta....

Tomigutt
11-17-2008, 21:18
I beta tested Shadowbane for a few years, found a bug that I like to call sb.exe , it was extremely rare..and only really really good betatesters could find it. It was almost impossible to recreate, so we left it in there.

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 21:20
I beta tested Shadowbane for a few years, found a bug that I like to call sb.exe , it was extremely rare..and only really really good betatesters could find it. It was almost impossible to recreate, so we left it in there.

Yes it was extremely rare , I might have only seen that one 2 or 3 times in an entire evening of play!

Rigan Pere
11-17-2008, 21:20
Apparently you didn't report all the bugs...

Bet she was fucking covered in them thats why, would have been there for years reporting them.

=P

Satan
11-17-2008, 22:13
just check my join date, nuff said

Skree
11-17-2008, 22:17
Proof or it didnt happen./thread

Skree

PaleOne
11-17-2008, 22:54
/thread

Skree

I wish I invented my resume, I can't imagine how wealthy I might be if I spent all that time productively....