PDA

View Full Version : 13 Somalian girl gang raped by 3 men stoned to death for "adultery"

Marrik
11-06-2008, 01:18
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7708169.stm

a 13 year old girl who was gang raped by 3 men was buried up to her neck in a football stadium and stoned to death in front of a crowd of more than 1,000 people. many people in the crowd said that it was not right, but nobody tried to stop the Islamist officials, who were armed. witnesses also said that "a boy was shot during the confusion"

court authorities initially claimed that the girl was 23, and had come to them confessing to adultery, and requesting that she be stoned to death as dictated by Shariah law. Amnesty International later learned she was in fact only 13, and that she had been detained for adultery when her family tried to report her rape by 3 men.

also, witnesses claim that when the victim was dragged into the stadium, she asked "What do you want from me?" when she was told she was going to be stoned, she began crying and begging for her life. she was forced into the hole at gunpoint, buried to her neck, and was pelted with stones by more than 50 men.

part way through the stoning, the girl was dug up so that Amnesty International nurses could check whether she was sill alive. when they found that she was, she was reburied and the stoning continued.

that is so fucked up. this is what happens when you let religious (mainly Muslims, nowadays) people have power. but aparently, this was technically illegal under Shariah law too, since she was a minor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A young woman recently stoned to death in Somalia first pleaded for her life, a witness has told the BBC.

"Don't kill me, don't kill me," she said, according to the man who wanted to remain anonymous. A few minutes later, more than 50 men threw stones.

Human rights group Amnesty International says the victim was a 13-year-old girl who had been raped.

Initial reports had said she was a 23-year-old woman who had confessed to adultery before a Sharia court.

Numerous eye-witnesses say she was forced into a hole, buried up to her neck then pelted with stones until she died in front of more than 1,000 people last week.

Meanwhile, Islamists in the capital, Mogadishu have carried out a public flogging.

Mogadishu is nominally under the control of government forces and their Ethiopian allies, who face frequent attacks by Islamist and nationalist insurgents.

The BBC's Mohammed Olad Hassan in the city says the flogging was a show of strength.

He says two men accused of helping to kill a man and torture his mother, who they accused of theft, were each given 39 lashes in the north-eastern suburb of Suqa-hola.

The man who actually killed the alleged thief was released, after agreeing to pay his family 100 camels in compensation.

Before the flogging, hundreds of Islamist fighters performed a military parade, our reporter says.

Death threats

Cameras were banned from the stoning in Kismayo, but print and radio journalists who were allowed to attend estimated that the woman, Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow, was 23 years old.

However, Amnesty said it had learned she was 13, and that her father had said she was raped by three men.

When the family tried to report the rape, the girl was accused of adultery and detained, Amnesty said.

Convicting a girl of 13 for adultery would be illegal under Islamic law.

A human rights activist in the town told the BBC on condition of anonymity that he had received death threats from the Islamic militia, who accuse him of spreading false information about the incident.

He denies having anything to with Amnesty's report.

'Crying'

Court authorities have said the woman came to them admitting her guilt.

She was asked several times to review her confession but she stressed that she wanted Sharia law and the deserved punishment to apply, they said.

But a witness who spoke to the BBC's Today programme said she had been crying and had to be forced into a hole before the stoning, reported to have taken place in a football stadium.

"More than 1,000 people arrived there," he said.

"After two hours, the Islamic administration in Kismayo brought the lady to the place and when she came out she said: 'What do you want from me?'"

"They said: 'We will do what Allah has instructed us'. She said: 'I'm not going, I'm not going. Don't kill me, don't kill me.'

"A few minutes later more than 50 men tried to stone her."

'Checked by nurses'

The witness said people crowding round to see the execution said it was "awful".

"People were saying this was not good for Sharia law, this was not good for human rights, this was not good for anything."

But no-one tried to stop the Islamist officials, who were armed, the witness said. He said one boy was shot in the confusion.

According to Amnesty International, nurses were sent to check during the stoning whether the victim was still alive. They removed her from the ground and declared that she was, before she was replaced so the stoning could continue.

The port of Kismayo was seized in August by a coalition of forces loyal to rebel leader Hassan Turki, and al-Shabab, the country's main radical Islamist insurgent organisation.

Mr Turki is on the US list of "financers of terrorism".

It was the first reported execution by stoning in the southern port city since Islamist insurgents captured it.

The BBC had a reporter in the area, but he was shot dead in Kismayo in June.

Cursisanafou
11-06-2008, 01:20
And all you get is a few hundred thousand dead muslims when you put christians in power.

Kurog
11-06-2008, 01:20
just wtf peoplea are still this crazy? o_o

Marrik
11-06-2008, 01:22
And all you get is a few hundred thousand dead muslims when you put christians in power.

as if they dont do a great job of it themselves.

and just how many Muslims have been blow up for not being the right kind of Muslims by car bombs in Baghdad this year, exactly?

AngusFinch
11-06-2008, 01:22
Its illegal to execute women in Islamic law, if anyone is trying to blame this on them. Its just that Somalians are uneducated and crazy, they grow up in the middle of hell after all.

Temet nosce
11-06-2008, 01:24
Bleh, this is what happens when someone actually lets religious nutjobs have any power. No doubt these people will get away with it entirely free as well.

ClownFoot
11-06-2008, 01:25
This is a shining example of why religion shouldn't even be allowed anywhere near government.

Marrik
11-06-2008, 01:26
Bleh, this is what happens when someone actually lets religious nutjobs have any power. No doubt these people will get away with it entirely free as well.

if you read the story, notice how the 13 year old rape victim is stoned to death, but the 2 guys who tortured and murdered a a guy and his mother got a whipping.

except for the guy who actually did the killing, he had to give them 100 camels and other than that he got off.

rockyraccoon
11-06-2008, 01:27
may zeus strike them down in a lightning bolt of homosexual atheist naked pork eating women with more rights then them.

Lictor
11-06-2008, 01:27
It's sad! :(

Selzi
11-06-2008, 01:28
Bah. You are horrible at making titles. This is how I read it (and correct by all accounts):
13 Somalian girl gang (13 girls in a gang)
raped by 3 men
stoned to death for adultery (men were stoned)

Misleading! Anyways, bad luck.

Marrik
11-06-2008, 01:30
lol get off my back obviously i mistyped it.

and the only mistake i made was that i didnt add "year old" after 13

if you just hold your pointer over the title for a sec it shows the first paragraph, where the whole story is summarized too.

and its not my fault you dont know what gang rape is.

Kusghuul
11-06-2008, 01:31
She was obviously indecently dressed. J/K. Don't want another ban for this.

Ragnika
11-06-2008, 01:31
Well that sucks.

Wreatch
11-06-2008, 01:33
This is why nuclear weapons are approved for use on these countries by me.

Fuck, i mean this lil girl was raped, then the twisted fucks stone the chick for her parents trying to report the rape. Un fucking real.

The whole "stoning" process is fucked, these people are barbarians, kill them all.

Saturday Saint
11-06-2008, 01:37
onoz, some random chick got pwned. wut will we do?

Oh, and don't blaim Islam for this. Listen to AngusFinch.

Fluffington
11-06-2008, 01:38
Good, kill the whores.

AngusFinch
11-06-2008, 01:42
We should invade Somalia again because of this, before Obama has the chance to screw it up.

samuraivelez
11-06-2008, 01:49
may zeus strike them down in a lightning bolt of homosexual atheist naked pork eating women with more rights then them.

Fuck, i mean this lil girl was raped, then the twisted fucks stone the chick for her parents trying to report the rape. Un fucking real.

The whole "stoning" process is fucked, these people are barbarians, kill them all.

USA! USA! USA!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

heroshade
11-06-2008, 01:52
Thanks alot asshole, now I hate Muslims.

tallefred
11-06-2008, 01:52
Fucking sickening. I hate humanity so fucking much.

Negocromn
11-06-2008, 02:17
onoz, some random chick got pwned. wut will we do?

Oh, and don't blaim Islam for this. Listen to AngusFinch.

This..

U.S kills loads of people everyday, who cares if the somalis are on to that too?

lordbelerial
11-06-2008, 02:24

I'm actually with you, and I would also dismember the fucking amnesty international people who what, dig her up and then fucking rebury her again to continue being stoned? wtf, I would slaughter their families for that shit, they're just as bad as the people stoning them

slugy
11-06-2008, 02:25
Good, kill the whores.

ouchies though, right?

Polluxo
11-06-2008, 02:29
Lite religion is okay, but extremists blow.

GFH_Spike
11-06-2008, 02:30
Despicable crimes against humanity are committed behind the curtain of religious righteousness. Each and every man who stoned that girl deserves the immediate opportunity to discover if virgins await them in an afterlife.

Saturday Saint
11-06-2008, 02:35
I bet you all one of those guys are foreignfallers, and they're looking at this thread laughing their asses off while secretly fearing a nuclear strike from the U.S.

Surface
11-06-2008, 02:42
Sad. I hate extremist religion, even more for the fact that it will never cease to exist.

Xalren
11-06-2008, 02:49
Just so you know. If you want people's sympathy, don't use the word gang next to rape.

BlackVolgan
11-06-2008, 02:51
i hate religion

Sickle
11-06-2008, 02:56
it makes me so sad when I see people trying to nulify tragedies by saying, well we do it too stop whining, this sort of placing moral value on things like this is why our race cant stop killing each other, people need to grow up and realize that NOTHING makes things like this ok

Beeblebrox
11-06-2008, 02:57
1. This wouldn't happen if there were no football stadiums.
2. She probably had it coming.

Kaorn
11-06-2008, 02:57
Where's Villa when you need him?

Cursisanafou
11-06-2008, 02:58
Everyone acts so tough on the internet... i'm sure if you said that in real life someone would probably have hit you hit an object of some sort... and you probably have it coming.

Lorth
11-06-2008, 02:58
this is why i am an atheist
this is why national sovereignty has its exceptions
this is why we need a REAL message of freedom, that includes assinating the radical leaders that allow shit like this to happen
this is why I am glad I was lucky enough to be born in the US
this is why we cannot be apathetic

Polluxo
11-06-2008, 02:59
Everyone acts so tough on the internet... i'm sure if you said that in real life someone would probably have hit you hit an object of some sort... and you probably have it coming.

What does this mean? The internet is real life!

Saturday Saint
11-06-2008, 02:59
Summary of this thread: RELIGION KILLS, BAN GOD!!!!!

Seriously, I'm fucking retarded, even by Forumfall standards, and I'm not this fucking stupid.