PDA

View Full Version : Another "Oblivion Mods" Thread

Tiarilir
11-02-2008, 19:17
Okay, since Fallout 3 is quite unplayable for me right now (MANY random crashes, bugs, etc) I thought about installing TES: Oblivion again. But since my last HD wipe I've forgotten about all the mods I had on Oblivion (I only had the mods for like a week, didn't play much either), so now I need some of you guys to do the dirty work for me and tell me what Mods are compatible/good, and so on.

The thirst thing I need to know is wether or not to go with OOO/Fcom, what the MAIN differences are, and which one has more compatible small mods.
Then any mod that enchances gameplay alot, some that increase performance, etc. Also, I heard about unofficial patches that made wonders?
I also have Shivering Isles installed, so I need to know if it's okay to play all these mods with it installed.

Links are always appreciated. Up-to-date lists, too. Compability is my main issue here, folks.
Thanks for taking yourself time. Kisses.

Panzero
11-02-2008, 19:20
Toasties Companion Share and Recruit.
Basically this just let's you recruit any NPC in the world as one of your 'followers.' I usually used this to recruit tons of NPC's, suit them up and rip the Imperial City to shreds. Fun actually.

Google tesnexus for the biggest Oblivion mod database.

Edit - Forgot Kvatch Rebuilt.
Rebuilds Kvatch, has loads of quests and let's you become the count depending on the choices you make during said quests.

Atnas
11-02-2008, 19:21
Deadly Reflexes was pretty awesome! Slo-mo decapitation and some other stuff like shield slams.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8273

Tiarilir
11-02-2008, 19:22
Toasties Companion Share and Recruit.
Basically this just let's you recruit any NPC in the world as one of your 'followers.' I usually used this to recruit tons of NPC's, suit them up and rip the Imperial City to shreds. Fun actually.

Google tesnexus for the biggest Oblivion mod database.

Edit - Forgot Kvatch Rebuilt.
Rebuilds Kvatch, has loads of quests and let's you become the count depending on the choices you make during said quests.

Companion mod doesn't really seem like that much fun to me. Does it cost anything to have them recruited? It seems pretty imbalanced and game breaking, really.

I know about tesnexus, but I thought I'd ask our very own Forumfall nerds here first, they seem to know more than I can dig up.

Kvatch Rebuilt however does seem pretty good. Does it rebuild after you've been there in the main quest?

Tiarilir
11-02-2008, 19:24
Deadly Reflexes was pretty awesome! Slo-mo decapitation and some other stuff like shield slams.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8273

I tried to install that one but I'm not sure I got it right, the last time I tried. Somehow it worked in game though and I got a menu, but then no decapitations or anything. However I could do shield slams.

Panzero
11-02-2008, 19:27
Companion mod doesn't really seem like that much fun to me. Does it cost anything to have them recruited? It seems pretty imbalanced and game breaking, really.

I know about tesnexus, but I thought I'd ask our very own Forumfall nerds here first, they seem to know more than I can dig up.

Kvatch Rebuilt however does seem pretty good. Does it rebuild after you've been there in the main quest?

No, it does not cost anything to recruit them. Only thing stopping you from running about a town and recruiting everyone in 5 mins is you have to get their 'Influence' thing to 70+. Has a few problems with Guards - so don't recruit them.

Kvatch Rebuilt I believe does need you to beat the main quest. Not sure though - Haven't played in a few weeks. It sets up a camp near the Kvatch Castle gate and very gradually rebuilds. It includes an Arena too, which is pretty cool. It's one of the more popular mods actually.

Atnas
11-02-2008, 19:29
I tried to install that one but I'm not sure I got it right, the last time I tried. Somehow it worked in game though and I got a menu, but then no decapitations or anything. However I could do shield slams.

You sure you read the manual? I think you need to start a completely new game for it to work, and I think you also need to fix a couple of settings (keymapping ie) in a window that pops up.

Tiarilir
11-02-2008, 19:30
No, it does not cost anything to recruit them. Only thing stopping you from running about a town and recruiting everyone in 5 mins is you have to get their 'Influence' thing to 70+. Has a few problems with Guards - so don't recruit them.

Ah, that does seem a little bit better at least.
I'll have to check it out. Do you know if it has compability with FCOM or OOO?

Kvatch Rebuilt I believe does need you to beat the main quest. Not sure though - Haven't played in a few weeks. It sets up a camp near the Kvatch Castle gate and very gradually rebuilds. It includes an Arena too, which is pretty cool. It's one of the more popular mods actually.
That sounds awesome.

Tiarilir
11-02-2008, 19:30
You sure you read the manual? I think you need to start a completely new game for it to work, and I think you also need to fix a couple of settings (keymapping ie) in a window that pops up.

Yeah I did some stuff like that but never managed to decapitate someone.

ejnomad07
11-02-2008, 19:31
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, Martigen's Monster Mod, Oblivion WarCry, and Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items.

All these huge mods can be made compatible with a small patch here:

http://devnull.devakm.googlepages.com/convergence

Other great mods can be found here.

http://ballofflame.googlepages.com/balloffire%27soblivionmodlist

/thread

Panzero
11-02-2008, 19:32
Ah, that does seem a little bit better at least.
I'll have to check it out. Do you know if it has compability with FCOM or OOO?

I'm 90% sure it's compatible with OOO - but I'm not sure about FCOM.

Tiarilir
11-02-2008, 19:33
My main question is still - FCOM or OOO?

ejnomad07
11-02-2008, 19:34
Oh I forgot...

You must take a look at these as well.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/top.php

Atnas
11-02-2008, 19:34
I'd say OOO but I never played the other one.

Thing I don't like with OOO is that tough enemies become, well... very tough. Getting super fucking raped isn't much fun either, or having to plant 200 arrows into some ogre just because you started out feels silly.

Oh, and you'll learn to hate those tree... women.

ejnomad07
11-02-2008, 19:35
I'd say OOO but I never played the other one.

Thing I don't like with OOO is that tough enemies become, well... very tough. Getting super fucking raped isn't much fun either, or having to plant 200 arrows into some ogre just because you started out feels silly.

Oh, and you'll learn to hate those tree... women.

Which is why you patch in Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items.

Falokis
11-02-2008, 19:37
OOO is part of FCOM. FCOM is a project that start out just trying to get the 4 most popular overhaul (Marts Monster mod, OOO, Frans, Warcry) mods to work together. They got it stable and have moved on to adding their own custom content and/or adding in other modders stuff. Pretty much all mods are will work with it or they have patches for FCOM. FCOM is a must if you play oblivion, IMO. You have to be able to read and follow the instruction when installing. If you are too A.D.D you will never do it. If you have questions, PM me.

Atnas
11-02-2008, 19:37
Which is why you patch in Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items.

What does it do?

Panzero
11-02-2008, 19:38
FCOM seems the wiser approach. Much more balanced that OOO imo.

Falokis
11-02-2008, 19:38
What does it do?Makes creatures and items leveled, instead of leveling with you.

Atnas
11-02-2008, 19:41
Makes creatures and items leveled, instead of leveling with you.

Wait, what? How does that work? I thought that's what OOO did in the first place?

Falokis
11-02-2008, 19:44
Wait, what? How does that work? I thought that's what OOO did in the first place?Similar but different. Frans levels the original content. OOO adds it's own custom stuff and leave the original stuff alone.

**frans does add custom named bosses, but they are from the original game.

**Warcry adds leveled enemies in mass for a more diablo like game play. Typically, you find a ton of leveled undead and they rush you while you smash through several at a time. It adds bosses too.

** Marts adds it own custom mobs

ejnomad07
11-02-2008, 19:52
OOO is part of FCOM. FCOM is a project that start out just trying to get the 4 most popular overhaul (Marts Monster mod, OOO, Frans, Warcry) mods to work together. They got it stable and have moved on to adding their own custom content and/or adding in other modders stuff. Pretty much all mods are will work with it or they have patches for FCOM. FCOM is a must if you play oblivion, IMO. You have to be able to read and follow the instruction when installing. If you are too A.D.D you will never do it. If you have questions, PM me.

This is what I was trying to get at with the first link. :( Thank you for saying it more clear.

Vessol
11-02-2008, 19:54
Ditch it and play Morrowind.

Metal Wolf
11-02-2008, 20:04
I'm a huge fan of the uninstall mod. Wich gives me space back to put Morrowind back on.

Also, Morroblivion looks promising.

Atnas
11-02-2008, 20:10
I'm a huge fan of the uninstall mod. Wich gives me space back to put Morrowind back on.

Also, Morroblivion looks promising.

Didn't they have to stop that?

PrimalSign
11-02-2008, 20:11

KR only requires you to complete the part of the MQ where you save Kvatch.

If you're looking for mods I've heard The Necromancers (or similar name) is one of the better content mods, but I haven't tried it personally.

Tiarlir - Your problems with Deadly Reflexes may have to do with OBSE. Did you install it correctly? Do you have the Direct2Drive version of Oblivion?

PrimalSign
11-02-2008, 20:12
Didn't they have to stop that?

Yeah. Some of the content from Morrowind couldn't be used because of some legal mumbo-jumbo Bethesda had with the creators.

Tiarilir
11-02-2008, 20:15
KR only requires you to complete the part of the MQ where you save Kvatch.

If you're looking for mods I've heard The Necromancers (or similar name) is one of the better content mods, but I haven't tried it personally.

Tiarlir - Your problems with Deadly Reflexes may have to do with OBSE. Did you install it correctly? Do you have the Direct2Drive version of Oblivion?

I have the GOTY edition, but it doesn't seem to be able to install now since I messed up when trying to uninstall it last time. Now it sucks as I cannot uninstall nor install it again.

Atnas
11-02-2008, 20:15
Yeah. Some of the content from Morrowind couldn't be used because of some legal mumbo-jumbo Bethesda had with the creators.

Couldn't Bethesda just let them do it though? I mean, imagine the PR for Morrowind and stuff, I don't know.

PrimalSign
11-02-2008, 20:19
Couldn't Bethesda just let them do it though? I mean, imagine the PR for Morrowind and stuff, I don't know.

That's the thing, they can't. They aren't able to let modders use the resources since they don't actually own it, they were simply allowed to use the content for their game.

Atnas
11-02-2008, 20:31
That's the thing, they can't. They aren't able to let modders use the resources since they don't actually own it, they were simply allowed to use the content for their game.

So who do own it?

PrimalSign
11-02-2008, 20:33
So who do own it?

I dunno... that's just what I read on the boards.

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong about it being shut down.

Wasn't Morroblivion shut down by Bethesda?

Morroblivion was only shut down on the official forums, and hosting of it on TES Nexus was taken down at Bethesda's request, due to some apparent licensing issues with using textures from Morrowind in Oblivion. Work on the project is still going on, however.

Tiarilir
11-03-2008, 15:02
Okay so I figured out how to install the whole game, and am now Installing mods. I'm going the FCOM route, and I feel quite confused at the moment. Nevetheless I've got all the unofficial patches installed now (Using Oblivion Mod Manager), and I'm not really sure how to proceed. O_o

Edit: Shit, now I remember why I chose OOO instead of FCOM, this shit is confusing. I'm pretty sure I could manage to install it, but it still seems like it's ALOT to take in at once to make it succeed. Is it worth it?

Thoric
11-03-2008, 15:33
Meh, i had around 20-30 mods. But they just can't make up for an unfinished game.

Tiarilir
11-03-2008, 15:42
Meh, i had around 20-30 mods. But they just can't make up for an unfinished game.

But they can improve it tenfold!

Tiarilir
11-03-2008, 22:13
So yeah I can't understand how I'm supposed to install FCOM, is there any kind soul that could guide me through it?

Panzero
11-05-2008, 00:31
Learn it like everyone else, go read the readme.txt.

/harshmood.

Tiarilir
11-05-2008, 00:34
Learn it like everyone else, go read the readme.txt.

/harshmood.

There's no readme.

Falokis
11-05-2008, 00:53
There's no readme.Install OOO, then Frans (all esp files separate), then Warcry (English version). Get FCOM files and drop them in the data directory. Install Wyre Bash, which requires python and something else. Use wyre bash to order everything and 'rebuild' the bash.esp. If you have more direct questions, PM me. I've been playing since version 0.72 and you have to reinstall often so, I'm pretty good at it by now.

Xtra-Medium
11-05-2008, 01:17
there is a mod that makes takes out the levels and instead you just get a stat increase when the skills increase. i like this more. and of course deadly reflex 3.

Tiarilir
11-05-2008, 01:21
there is a mod that makes takes out the levels and instead you just get a stat increase when the skills increase. i like this more. and of course deadly reflex 3.

Deadly reflex 5 is out O_o

Tharkon Fargor
11-15-2008, 02:43
Bumping this shit up. I know there's some pretty sweet mods out there improving the game in general and adding hunger etc. But are there any that add real RPG quests, real dialouge, actions which are remembered and conflicting factions?

Tiarilir
11-15-2008, 03:00
Bumping this shit up. I know there's some pretty sweet mods out there improving the game in general and adding hunger etc. But are there any that add real RPG quests, real dialouge, actions which are remembered and conflicting factions?

I believe there are some. I'll check for them really quick as I'm interested in that as well. Also, I decided to go with OOO and MMM as base only, as I think it's too complicated for me (I'm too lazy and dare not do anything wrong).

Edit: sorry, can't find the specific website anymore. Check out Tesnexus though, there should be some there.

Tharkon Fargor
11-15-2008, 03:13
Hehe tack :) Post if you find anything good tho. I'm not installing that 5 gig monster again without some goodies to follow. As you I am having troubles with F3 =/

DrGreenThumb
11-15-2008, 03:31
Menu Video Replacement
Loading Screens Replacer
BTMod
Qarl's Texture Pack 3 (Redimized)
Illumination Within
Real Lava
Clocks of Cyrodiil
Enhanced Water
Natural Environments

are pretty good.the texure pack makes the game look stunning.

Tharkon Fargor
11-15-2008, 03:37
O_o Any of them add some cool quests, factions and AI memory?

Falokis
11-15-2008, 04:58
I believe there are some. I'll check for them really quick as I'm interested in that as well. Also, I decided to go with OOO and MMM as base only, as I think it's too complicated for me (I'm too lazy and dare not do anything wrong).

Edit: sorry, can't find the specific website anymore. Check out Tesnexus though, there should be some there.it's not that bad. Get the full OOO 1.3 and install. Patch with the OOO 1.34 Beta 4 Patch. Install the full MMM 3.55. Patch with the MMM 3.6 patch. Install warcry. Patch to 1.085b. Get Frans 4.5b (both files 50mb and 400mb files). Install using the all separate esp files option. Get the FCOM files install them into your data folder. Get python and 2.52 and wxpython 2.8.7.1. Install them. Get wrye bash. Install it as instructed. Open wrye bash. Look at your mod list. Make it exactly (and I mean exactly, remove extras) like it says on the FCOM website. Activate all patches. Right click on the bash.esp and 'rebuild' it. Let it do it's thing. play the game. It's easy after the first time.....

here is what I'm using....
00 Oblivion.esm
01 Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm
02 Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm
03 Cobl Main.esm [Version 1.48]
04 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm [Version 1.34Beta3]
05 Mart's Monster Mod.esm [Version 3.6beta3]
06 Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esm
07 TamrielTravellers.esm [Version 1.37a]
08 FCOM_Convergence.esm [Version 0.9.9a7]
09 CyrodiilUpgradeResourcePack.esm
++ TNR - ALL RACES FINAL.esp
0A Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.2.0]
0B DLCShiveringIsles.esp
0C Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.4.0]
0D Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp
0E Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp
0F Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp
10 Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp
++ Francesco's Dark Seducer Weapons Patch.esp
++ FCOM_Francescos.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ FCOM_FrancescosItemsAddOn.esp [Version 0.9.9]
11 FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp [Version 0.9.9]
12 Fran Armor Add-on.esp
13 Fran_Lv30Item_Maltz.esp
++ Symphony of Violence.esp
14 Choices and Consequences.esp
15 DLCSpellTomes.esp
16 ExnemRuneskulls.esp
++ FCOM_ExnemRuneskulls.esp [Version 0.9.9]
17 Cobl Glue.esp [Version 1.44]
18 Cobl Si.esp [Version 1.32]
19 OOO 1.32-Cobl.esp [Version 1.41]
++ FCOM_Cobl.esp [Version 0.9.9]
1A Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp
1B FCOM_BobsArmory.esp [Version 0.9.9]
1C Loth's Blunt Weapons for Npcs.esp
++ FCOM_LothsBluntWeapons.esp [Version 0.9.9]
1D Oblivion WarCry EV.esp
1E FCOM_WarCry.esp [Version 0.9.9]
1F Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp [Version 1.34Beta3]
20 Choices and Consequences - OOO.esp [Version 0.1]
21 FCOM_Convergence.esp [Version 0.9.9]
22 Choices and Consequences - MMM.esp [Version 0.1]
++ FCOM_EntropicOrderHardcore.esp [Version 0.9.9]
23 FCOM_RealSwords.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp [Version 3.6Beta3]
++ Mart's Monster Mod - Less Bone Loot.esp [Version 3.6beta3]
++ Choices and Consequences - MMM - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp [Version 0.1]
24 TamrielTravellers4OOO.esp [Version 1.37a]
++ FCOM_TamrielTravelers.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ FCOM_DiverseGuardUnity.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ Choices and Consequences - FCOM - Diverse Guards.esp [Version 0.1]
++ FCOM_BobsGuardUnity.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ FCOM_HungersUnitySI.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ FCOM_Archery.esp [Version 0.9.9]
25 FCOM_MoreRandomItems.esp [Version 0.9.9]
26 T.I.E4MODS.esp [Version 0.41]
++ T.I.E4MODSOOO+FCOM.esp [Version 0.41]
++ Choices and Consequences - FCOM.esp [Version 0.1]
27 Knights.esp
28 Ruin.esp [Version 2.50]
29 Mighty Umbra.esp
2A Origin of the Mages Guild.esp [Version 6]
2B The Mystery of the Dulan cult.esp
2C MannimarcoRevisited.esp
2D MannimarcoRevisitedOOO.esp [Version 0.1]
2E Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp [Version 3.6Beta3]
++ FCOM_MightyUmbra.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ FCOM_Knights.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ FCOM_Ruin.esp [Version 0.9.9]
2F FCOM_OMG.esp [Version 0.9.9]
30 FCOM_DulanCult.esp [Version 0.9.9]
31 Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esp
++ FCOM_EnhancedDaedricInvasion.esp [Version 0.9.9]
++ FCOM_UnofficialFranArmorAddon.esp [Version 0.9.9]
32 bgMagicEV.esp [Version 1.61EV]
33 SupremeMagicka.esp [Version 0.85]
34 SM_ShiveringIsles.esp [Version 0.85]
++ SM_OOO.esp [Version 0.80]
++ SM_MMM.esp [Version 0.82]
35 bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magick a.esp [Version 1.5]
36 Beautiful People.esp
37 Willful Resistance.esp [Version 3.1o]
38 Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Tharkon Fargor
11-15-2008, 14:55
lol...Who's gonna spend 1 days installing mods :P

Seddoron
11-15-2008, 15:09
Lulz, i had 174 active mods in Morrowind.

Tharkon Fargor
11-15-2008, 15:57
Lulz, i had 174 active mods in Morrowind.

Why? Why did you even buy the game if you had so much stuff in it compared to the game itself.

Seddoron
11-15-2008, 16:40
Why? Why did you even buy the game if you had so much stuff in it compared to the game itself.

Unfortunately i needed to buy the game itself too because the morrowind mods don't really work without morrowind.

DrGreenThumb
11-15-2008, 16:43
some mods changed things so much,like the texture pack for oblivion,the game looks stunning now,and with i think some LOD thing,the distance looks nearly as good as the inside of buildings.Some mods are very good,what with the game being oldish,it really spruced up the graphics.