PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman: Web of Shadows

Marilyn
10-31-2008, 23:25
Acquired the game yesterday. It's the best Spiderman game so far and the first in the franchise, that succeded in making the combat actually fun. This game takes Ultimate Spiderman, which was an OK game, and evolves it into something great. Swinging through the city is awesome, story is 'meh', but the combat is where this game really shines and leaves all its predecessors way behind.
It's intuitiv, yet executing the different combos in the midst of a heated battle, is challenging enough as to maintain the excitement a good game needs.
The freedom to choose your own playstyle is what will get you hooked:
Do you want to spend all your points on the blacksuit with its tentacle abilities?
Or on the redsuit with is midair and webshooting skills?
Or do both! You can switch from one suit to the other in midcombat.
Do you want to resist the suit or give in to it? Kill or save?

Enough of the advertising. Its a great game!
If you have some childhood spidey-memories left you should definitly give it a try.

*edit: Just realized that this post is dripping fanboyizm *shudder*
I should demand payment from Activision for this glorification.

darknessedge
11-01-2008, 03:54
It's the best Spiderman game so far.

thats not saying to much is it ?im sorry i failed to resist

oh yeah and i dont think a Spiderman game is ever going to have a good story line...but then agen my since of a good story line is fucked right up

i like the shadow of the colossus story and...well....lets just say "it dont have one"

you did your advertising now im doing my

DUST OFF YOUR PS2 GO TO YOUR NEEREST GAME SELLER AND FUCKING STEAL SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS IF YOU HAVE TO. i mean it its in my top 5 games

1. shadow of the colossus

2. the splinter cell games

3. dark messiah of might and magic (i get a lot of shit for that)

4.rainbow six vagus one and two

5. ninja gaiden black and ninja gaiden 2

or something like that. its not in order

right back on topic WOS looks good but i dont think im going to get it
.just got fabel 2 farcry 2 and fall out 3

might be geting metalica tickits too so im fucking broke at this point...oh shit what if darkfall comes out right now! DAMN!

i need to keep 100 bucks behind some glass with a sign that says "brake in case of darkfall and or left for dead"

biggunsar
11-01-2008, 04:28
Acquired the game yesterday. It's the best Spiderman game so far and the first in the franchise, that succeded in making the combat actually fun. This game takes Ultimate Spiderman, which was an OK game, and evolves it into something great. Swinging through the city is awesome, story is 'meh', but the combat is where this game really shines and leaves all its predecessors way behind.
It's intuitiv, yet executing the different combos in the midst of a heated battle, is challenging enough as to maintain the excitement a good game needs.
The freedom to choose your own playstyle is what will get you hooked:
Do you want to spend all your points on the blacksuit with its tentacle abilities?
Or on the redsuit with is midair and webshooting skills?
Or do both! You can switch from one suit to the other in midcombat.
Do you want to resist the suit or give in to it? Kill or save?

Enough of the advertising. Its a great game!
If you have some childhood spidey-memories left you should definitly give it a try.

*edit: Just realized that this post is dripping fanboyizm *shudder*
I should demand payment from Activision for this glorification.

How does the swinging work? that was always a downer in every spiderman game. The webs must be either shot at specific places to swing, or at targets. Totally ruins the immersion for me.

Both suck.

the best way would be free web. If you miss a building, you fall. Plain and simple.