PDA

View Full Version : Sim City 4 problem

kensha
10-26-2008, 16:30
Hoi guys I'm encountering a problem with Sim City 4

While I'm playing mine pc automaticly shut down the game while I was just building.

Anyone know how I can fix this error?

alfaroverall
10-26-2008, 16:46
Mine does that too. It's really random, and isn't really all that often, but it pisses me off when it does happen. I don't know of a fix.

It might have to do with Vista (SimCity 4 released long before Vista did), since I'm on Vista.

Forgin
10-26-2008, 16:47

While I'm playing mine pc automaticly shut down the game while I was just building.

It's one of the new Natural Disasters they included,

been building any giant particle colliders lately?

Spinewire
10-26-2008, 17:00
It's one of the new Natural Disasters they included,

been building any giant particle colliders lately?
lol

Zornath
10-26-2008, 17:05
Could defnitely be a vista problem. Also make sure you have the latest patches. WHen I first got the game it crashed constantly, after patching I haven't had any problems. But then again I have XP so that could be it too.

alfaroverall
10-26-2008, 17:10
Could defnitely be a vista problem. Also make sure you have the latest patches. WHen I first got the game it crashed constantly, after patching I haven't had any problems. But then again I have XP so that could be it too.
Patching eh? I ought to try that then.

Minor derail: Is anyone else opposed to the suggestion of the manual to build your industry and power plants in a neighbor city and then set up deals to reduce pollution? That seems like a copout to me. I view that the same way that I view grinding relationship for one of your Sims at another Sim's house (so that your Sim doesn't have to waste time grinding relationships).

And yet I can never seem to get my environment bar to rise. I destroy my coal plant and go all wind power (!) and I still have a pure red bar, because of dirty industry and manufacturing. But pollution takes so long to go away that I can't just bulldoze my industrial district and then quickly put in high tech industry, since the high tech industry won't grow in polluted areas. I can put my industrial in other places, but because of my clunky road system that doesn't generally work well either, since I wind up having to build districts on top of my roads.

Forgin
10-26-2008, 17:17
Patching eh? I ought to try that then.

Minor derail: Is anyone else opposed to the suggestion of the manual to build your industry and power plants in a neighbor city and then set up deals to reduce pollution? That seems like a copout to me. I view that the same way that I view grinding relationship for one of your Sims at another Sim's house (so that your Sim doesn't have to waste time grinding relationships).

And yet I can never seem to get my environment bar to rise. I destroy my coal plant and go all wind power (!) and I still have a pure red bar, because of dirty industry and manufacturing. But pollution takes so long to go away that I can't just bulldoze my industrial district and then quickly put in high tech industry, since the high tech industry won't grow in polluted areas. I can put my industrial in other places, but because of my clunky road system that doesn't generally work well either, since I wind up having to build districts on top of my roads.

Build trees, lots of 'em!

alfaroverall
10-26-2008, 17:17
Build trees, lots of 'em!
For serial? Just trees, not necessarily parks?

biggunsar
10-26-2008, 17:25

stop playing pirated games

Tiarilir
10-26-2008, 17:27

Pirated games generally have as few problems as real games, as long as you update them as frequently as you would with your bought game. Learn to life.

alfaroverall
10-26-2008, 17:31
I bought the deluxe edition and have a similar problem. Piracy is bad, but this is one of a select few ways in which it isn't bad.

Agge
10-26-2008, 18:12
I once played simcity 4k for a few mins.

Then I nuked my town, quit and deleted the game.

nathanpinard
10-26-2008, 18:45
Sim City 4 is an awesome game. Fairly difficult too.