PDA

View Full Version : Gaming: Syobon Action...

alfaroverall
10-25-2008, 15:12
I know this is a bit of a repost.

I am completely lost as to how to finish the first level of Syobon Action. I get all the way to the end and then I just plain don't know how to get enough air to jump over the pole. I've seen videos and I don't know how they get so much air. Is there some button I'm missing? Is there a sequence of buttons that you have to press in midair? I've been just going off to the left and then jumping while holding right (the normal long jump) but that won't work.

This is so bad that I want to play Mario Galaxy just to show myself that I'm decent at platformers. :(

Link to the game:
http://www.acid-play.com/download/syobon-action/

Barbarossa
10-25-2008, 15:16
That very name just smacks of a Korean/Japanimation game...I could be wrong but it sure sounds like it.

alfaroverall
10-25-2008, 15:21
That very name just smacks of a Korean/Japanimation game...I could be wrong but it sure sounds like it.
It's a mario parody, basically. It's a 2D platformer, strongly resembling Super Mario Bros., where pretty much everything you would expect from a Mario game is wrong. For example, eating a mushroom kills you. The ground falls out from under you at random. Touching the flagpole at the end directly sees to a monster dropping from the sky and killing you when you can't move. And so on.

It's not really a Japanese or Korean game.

Barbarossa
10-25-2008, 15:23
It's a mario parody, basically. It's a 2D platformer, strongly resembling Super Mario Bros., where pretty much everything you would expect from a Mario game is wrong. For example, eating a mushroom kills you. The ground falls out from under you at random. Touching the flagpole at the end directly sees to a monster dropping from the sky and killing you when you can't move. And so on.

It's not really a Japanese or Korean game.

LOL

Sounds twisted and twisted is good.

I may have to try this out.

alfaroverall
10-25-2008, 15:33
Well I basically see what you have to do now. You have to let go of the right arrow key while in the air and then press it back down so that you get more air (since your bottleneck is vertical instead of horizontal). I failed to do it but at least I sort of get it now.

Edit: oh nvm, I'm wrong, you just have to jump at the exact edge after running from the other exact edge.

2nd Edit: YES!!!! I did it finally! Woo!

3rd Edit: now I'm stuck about halfway through level 2. The ceiling falls down on you but you have to jump across a gap...4th Edit: past that now but now there's a cramped little space with an invincible monster that you can cause to fall through the floor but doing that destroys the floor and then you can't jump over...:(

Hyster
10-25-2008, 15:59
start running on the blocks below jump so the hight is the same as the next row of blocks and run like fuck

nathanpinard
10-25-2008, 16:02
I read this as a misspelling of "Sybian Action"