PDA

View Full Version : Gaming: Are you excited for tomorrow's Bioware/LucasArts announcement

Ltldogg
10-21-2008, 02:02
Announcement of the announcement: http://www.worldsinmotion.biz/2008/10/lucasarts_bioware_prepare_to_a.php

If so why?

I am because:

1. Big Star Wars fan and hope it is the rumored KOTOR MMO
2. SWG was a big fail; even before the CU and NGE.
3. Hoping for a sci-fi sandbox game that introduces new elements and enhances the MMO genre further.
4. Great games = competition = better future games

Ltldogg

Xalren
10-21-2008, 02:03
Bioware is a EA whore and they need to start making more niche games.
Game for everyone means that alot of people will enjoy it. Niche game means some people will love it. Personally I like the risk of a niche game.

Atua
10-21-2008, 02:05
My guess, it'll be a pile of mainstream carebear crap.

Niteflite
10-21-2008, 02:06
Indeed, but who knows, some niche games turn out better then expected and gain universal love.

However, I had no idea of such announcement prior to reading the thread title, however If it is a KOTR MMO, that would be grand.

Xalren
10-21-2008, 02:07
My guess, it'll be a pile of mainstream carebear crap.

That is basically it.

Mr.LichTwitch
10-21-2008, 02:08
I used to play SWG and realized what could have been if sony didn't bork it from the get go. I'm excited that a KOTOR MMO can get it right this time around, but I'm wary because they might announce it and it ends up not being sandbox at all and is just a WoW clone treadmill. I'm cautiously optimistic overall I guess.

Viluin
10-21-2008, 02:14
KOTOR was boring. I doubt it'll be able to match pre-CU SWG.

Ferox
10-21-2008, 02:14
there is never gonna be a decent star wars mmo that isnt WOW ... why bother.

Tzacharu
10-21-2008, 02:15
Hope its the KOTOR MMO.

I also hope they don't fuck it up, but I have faith in Bioware.

Ltldogg
10-21-2008, 02:17
there is never gonna be a decent star wars mmo that isnt WOW ... why bother.

Are you suggesting they make a Themepark type WoW clone based in the SW universe?

Skyborn
10-21-2008, 02:18
If they pull this off...man I would have to change pants.

A KotoR sandbox would be uber sexy. I would hire wookies to defend my city...wookies are awesome.

Xalren
10-21-2008, 02:20
If they pull this off...man I would have to change pants.

A KotoR sandbox would be uber sexy. I would hire wookies to defend my city...wookies are awesome.

A darkfall painted star wars flavor would be awesome

Barbarossa
10-21-2008, 02:22
Not interested.

LucasArts let SOE turn SWG into a pile of steaming shit.

I have absolutely no faith in their games any longer...

Mr.LichTwitch
10-21-2008, 02:23
KOTOR was boring. I doubt it'll be able to match pre-CU SWG.

Even Pre-CU, SWG had MANY problems. It was fun, but it wasn't anywhere near it's potential and was buggy as hell. I can see them making a better Star Wars MMO based on the core principles of pre-cu SWG, IF they do it right(they probably won't, but we'll see).

Xalren
10-21-2008, 02:23
Not interested.

LucasArts let SOE turn SWG into a pile of steaming shit.

I have absolutely no faith in their games any longer...

God...SOE. They ruin every game they touch. I miss my planetside. Hopefully EQ 2 will have died by then so they will focus on the other 12 games they have going.

Buckk Dich
10-21-2008, 02:27
Um I'm more interested in the angle of the bend in my soda can then in the content of this thread.

spetznaz007
10-21-2008, 02:38
Bioware is doing a game called, Dragon Age: Origins, which should be a lot better than anything announced tomorrow.

Feyrband
10-21-2008, 03:13
Bioware is doing a game called, Dragon Age: Origins, which should be a lot better than anything announced tomorrow.

im waitin on this as well, im not a big sci fi guy. i also only stand to play 1 MMO at a time, so if im playing darkfall still its a non issue.

heroshade
10-21-2008, 03:15
Both companies suck, so no.

kehmesis
10-21-2008, 03:57
I'll be excited once it's the KOTOR MMO. Otherwise, meh.

Ungraylessness
10-21-2008, 04:01
Bioware can make a great story, but their games are never open ended and I can't picture them making a great MMO. Especially with Lucas arts and EA influencing design.

Daestrro
10-21-2008, 04:08
I'm kind of pondering any success it could have though, I mean, really, how many iconic star wars things does KOTOR really have? Don't get me wrong, I played both games, but seriously, none of the standard star wars fare is included with KOTOR except maybe lightsabers and jedi. And mandalorians..

Madrandomize
10-21-2008, 04:10
No.

5%Luck
10-21-2008, 05:10
Just in voice actors the Kotar games had me replaying each scene to try all the options. Tha game play was mild and I hate padle games so it got a total score of 6 outa 10 but the dialog was a perfect 10

Hecubis
10-21-2008, 05:24
Announcement of the announcement: http://www.worldsinmotion.biz/2008/10/lucasarts_bioware_prepare_to_a.php

If so why?

I am because:

1. Big Star Wars fan and hope it is the rumored KOTOR MMO
2. SWG was a big fail; even before the CU and NGE.
3. Hoping for a sci-fi sandbox game that introduces new elements and enhances the MMO genre further.
4. Great games = competition = better future games

Ltldogg

It's going to be WoW with lightsabers. I guaran-fucking-tee it.

Herithius
10-21-2008, 05:28
Definitely excited. Any fan of the mmo industry has to be at least semi interested when a new heavy hitter announces they are working on a title. No offense to the mmorpgs in development but they seem predominated by first time studios with not a lot of mmorpg experience. If mmo's need anything its talent and a lot of money to meet fans expectations of what a current mmorpg should be.

Atua
10-21-2008, 05:31
Definitely excited. Any fan of the mmo industry has to be at least semi interested when a new heavy hitter announces they are working on a title. No offense to the mmorpgs in development but they seem predominated by first time studios with not a lot of mmorpg experience. If mmo's need anything its talent and a lot of money to meet fans expectations of what a current mmorpg should be.

So far all of the MMOs coming out of the heavy hitters with big money have been utter shit, the focus for these companies is not to make a fun and rewarding product, but to suck as much money as possible out of subscribers before they realize they are playing EQ all over again.