PDA

View Full Version : Weed or Beer?

Fatduck
10-20-2008, 02:22
Vote, and Discuss

I have been a stoner for a long time, and for several years I virtually shunned beer, and alchole, in favor of the good herb. But now, I brew my own beer, and I love beer more than most things in life, on a regular basis I will pick beer over weed.

So lets see, where is everyone else at?

And if you hate weed, and think we should all go to jail then just keep it to yourself please.

Baralis
10-20-2008, 02:22
poll? I must have beat it. Beer FTW

Justinian
10-20-2008, 02:23
both. at the same time.

Temet nosce
10-20-2008, 02:23
This thread is going to get locked.

That said, I despise beer. If I drink it's guaranteed to be something else, and probably something with a high percentage. Also, green dragon anyone?

Fatduck
10-20-2008, 02:24
both. at the same time.

That is exactly what inspired me to make the thread...

Baralis
10-20-2008, 02:25
That said, I despise beer.

:(

Personaly I love the taste of a good beer. I would drink beer even if alcohol wasnt involved.

Methuselah
Have you guys read the Terms of Service???

Fatduck

Personaly I love the taste of a good beer. I would drink beer even if alcohol wasnt involved.

/agree

Fatduck
10-20-2008, 02:26

I checked them out real quickly after someone said it would get locked, but I figured we'd be covered by the mature content advisory on this section...

Temet nosce
10-20-2008, 02:28

As I said, this is gonna get locked. It's also why I'm being relatively careful of what I say.

Although, it'd be awesome if he was correct about this being covered under OT.

rockyraccoon
10-20-2008, 02:28
beers for fratboy preppies, weeds for weirded-out stoners. i don't know which category i fall in but i'd say both.

Achromic
10-20-2008, 02:29
As I said, this is gonna get locked. It's also why I'm being relatively careful of what I say.

Although, it'd be awesome if he was correct about this being covered under OT.

Didn't Brannoc respond a couple drug threads ago that got real big. As this is against ToS. But then he recanted and said so long as the thread is kept to a minimum along with stories and links it was somewhat alright to fly if everything is kept a bit clean.

Fatduck
10-20-2008, 02:30
beers for fratboy preppies, weeds for weirded-out stoners. i don't know which category i fall in but i'd say both.

I disagree, Bud lite is for fratboys, there are however 1000s of varieties of hand crafted beers made for people with discerning taste and high expectations.

tallefred
10-20-2008, 02:30
*waves bye...*

EDIT: They're not going bye-bye? Well in that case, I would prefer weed but I would rather function. Which I can't do very well when I'm getting high a lot, but can do fine when I drink. I find weed tends to take over my life whereas alcohol doesn't.

Temet nosce
10-20-2008, 02:31
Didn't Brannoc respond a couple drug threads ago that got real big. As this is against ToS. But then he recanted and said so long as the thread is kept to a minimum along with stories and links it was somewhat alright to fly if everything is kept a bit clean.

I honestly don't know. It's perfectly possible if you're right, and if so I'm in an extremely good mood. For the most part I try to be at least slightly circumspect around here when I mention drugs though, at least to the extent of not making a whole thread about them.

Skree
Vote, and Discuss

I have been a stoner for a long time, and for several years I virtually shunned beer, and alchole, in favor of the good herb. But now, I brew my own beer, and I love beer more than most things in life, on a regular basis I will pick beer over weed.

So lets see, where is everyone else at?

And if you hate weed, and think we should all go to jail then just keep it to yourself please.That you left out "Together" as an option shows this thread is a massive fail. And you as some type of inexperienced poser trying to look cool, imo.

Skree

Methuselah
I checked them out real quickly after someone said it would get locked, but I figured we'd be covered by the mature content advisory on this section...

Talking about marijuana laws is one thing, talking about getting high, or using drugs falls under this...

You may not at any point in time use language or provide links to websites which may contain content that refers to any type of illegal activity or substance. This includes any sort of website which contains malicious content which may or may not damage an end users system.

It's a broad section so the bolded area is for clarity.

Temet nosce
10-20-2008, 02:35

Seriously? The taste alone revolts me, even ignoring the pitiful quantity of alcohol involved. Maybe it's an acquired thing, I never really liked coffee either.

Fatduck
10-20-2008, 02:37
I meant no harm, and didnt intent this to be a 'hey lets all talk about geting super stoned and being retarded' thread...

Close it if you must, I dont want to cause any trouble.

rockyraccoon
10-20-2008, 02:38
you heard him, close it. embrace your darkside.

ClownFoot
I pick beer. I find weed to be a lot more fun, but it is a lot easier to get a hold of beer, and generally cheaper.

Fatduck
Seriously? The taste alone revolts me, even ignoring the pitiful quantity of alcohol involved. Maybe it's an acquired thing, I never really liked coffee either.

If I can ask, what kind of beer do you find revolting? Have you tried any craft beers, or just your standard macro brewed light lager piss water?

Hyster
10-20-2008, 02:39
weed (if my PO reads this i was j/k)

Baralis
10-20-2008, 02:39

I can understand that. Untill I was about 14 I could not stand the taste of beer. I couldnt believe someone would actually drink the stuff by choice. But one day I tried it again and my tastes had suddenly changed. I have liked it ever since.

Also coffee. Umm I drink 8-12 cups a day. I dont know what I would do without coffee. Probably collapse in a puddle of self pity.

Temet nosce
10-20-2008, 02:42
I pick beer. I find weed to be a lot more fun, but it is a lot easier to get a hold of beer, and generally cheaper.

Other way around for me, I have to drive to get beer. Which is not true if I want weed.

If I can ask, what kind of beer do you find revolting? Have you tried any craft beers, or just your standard macro brewed light lager piss water?

I'm unsure precisely what a craft brew is but I've had several of the piss water ones, also some malted stuff (Like Mickey's) that was 8% and not quite so horrible but still sucked.

I can understand that. Untill I was about 14 I could not stand the taste of beer. I couldnt believe someone would actually drink the stuff by choice. But one day I tried it again and my tastes had suddenly changed. I have liked it ever since.

Also coffee. Umm I drink 8-12 cups a day. I dont know what I would do without coffee. Probably collapse in a puddle of self pity.

Yeah, I never hit that point. I just didn't drink it enough, after determining I didn't like it I was like "Fuck this", although I understand about the caffeine addiction. For a few years I never drank anything without caffeine in it except water.

Signus
10-20-2008, 02:44
Rum > beer and most alcohol. Great mixer drink too.

Weed...are you asking for a ban?

Feyrband
10-20-2008, 02:44

so you are only allowed to drink if its until you vomit all over the room, and you're only allowed to smoke if its until you're retarded. i see.

rockyraccoon
10-20-2008, 02:46
so you are only allowed to drink if its until you vomit all over the room, and you're only allowed to smoke if its until you're retarded. i see.

yeah because moderation is for pussies.

Temet nosce
10-20-2008, 02:46
Rum > beer and most alcohol. Great mixer drink too.

Agreed. So... Captain Morgan's or Sailor Jerry's? (yeah, yeah I know there are other rums but frankly everyone I know who drinks rum likes one of those two or both)

Lioness
10-20-2008, 02:47
And if you hate weed, and think we should all go to jail then just keep it to yourself please.

Don't hate it, or think it should be outlawed... I don't care if people want to waste their time, lol.

But that's exactly what I think they both are. A waste of time. You *mostly* won't remember much from when you were high...

And when you're drunk not only will you not remember much, but you're even more compelled to make stupid decisions than when you are high...

I just don't understand why anyone would do either other than for the purpose of recreation, and not only can I think of sooo many more things that are far more recreational than that, but how can it be that fun when you can't remember much from it?

kingpin
10-20-2008, 02:47
beer.i don't like smoke of any kind. and i don't like beer either but i drink sometimes just to be part of the moment.

i only drink wine and
http://www.iowaabd.com/alcohol/images/holiday_products/southern_comfort.jpg

Lindorn
10-20-2008, 02:48
Where's the both option.

Fatduck
10-20-2008, 02:49
Don't hate it, or think it should be outlawed... I don't care if people want to waste their time, lol.

But that's exactly what I think they both are. A waste of time. You *mostly* won't remember much from when you were high...

And when you're drunk not only will you not remember much, but you're even more compelled to make stupid decisions than when you are high...

I just don't understand why anyone would do either other than for the purpose of recreation, and not only can I think of sooo many more things that are far more recreational than that, but how can it be that fun when you can't remember much from it?

Personally I drink for research, as i mentioned before Im a brewer myself, and am about 5 years away from opening my own brewery so i can sell beer to the masses... and of course drink all day long. So it would be a waste of my time NOT to drink...

Baralis
10-20-2008, 02:49

You can mix them with other forms of recreation and then there true advantages become clear. Sometimes you just dont want to remember what she really looked like.

Wickfield
10-20-2008, 02:51
Personally I drink for research, as i mentioned before Im a brewer myself, and am about 5 years away from opening my own brewery so i can sell beer to the masses... and of course drink all day long. So it would be a waste of my time NOT to drink...

You should make a thread about possible names for your brewery.

Azorius
10-20-2008, 02:51
I rather wed is more cheaper, and easier to get high rather than to get drunk.

But i rather to be high by myself, and drunk with friends.

:D

Hitom
10-20-2008, 02:53
Im surprised weed isnt winning ;o

Fatduck
10-20-2008, 02:53
You should make a thread about possible names for your brewery.

Good idea...

Wickfield
10-20-2008, 02:54
I disagree, Bud lite is for fratboys, there are however 1000s of varieties of hand crafted beers made for people with discerning taste and high expectations.

Naw, natty ice is what the frat boys drink. That and natural lite.

Wickfield
10-20-2008, 02:55
Hmm, two posts in and I still haven't declared a preference.

Beer.

Biggs
10-20-2008, 03:15
This one time I heard a user actually read the ToS.