PDA

View Full Version : Who wanna play on Nagafen with me?

Mo0rbid
10-16-2008, 16:15
I'm resubbing to EQ2, anyone wanna follow to Naggy?

Agge
10-16-2008, 16:23
Lol, ever quest.

A silent moment for a lost soul.

Mo0rbid
10-16-2008, 16:26
Lol, ever quest.

A silent moment for a lost soul.

It's 1 word. also, I find it ironical you're bashing on eq lol

Forgivance
10-16-2008, 16:42
Personally, i didn't see Agge as bashing it...but anyhow...

I absolutely loved Everquest...through Gold...than Kunark, loved Kunark. Than into the Ice-whatever...that wasn't TOO bad, but I think they were rushing....after that? Shit. Planes of Power and on....shit.

Fond memories of it.

Geminireaper
10-16-2008, 16:44
Last time I subbed to naggy it was dead. There was like NO pvp.

Agge
10-16-2008, 16:58
It's 1 word. also, I find it ironical you're bashing on eq lol

First thing, maybe, just MAYBE I did that on purpose(sp?)?

Second of al, why is it ironic, do you acctualy think I'm still waiting for darkfall? Wheres the irony?

Mo0rbid
10-16-2008, 17:20

Second of al, why is it ironic, do you acctualy think I'm still waiting for darkfall? Wheres the irony?

It's ironic because you have a lot to thank eq for

Agge
10-16-2008, 17:27
It's ironic because you have a lot to thank eq for

I knew youd say that. fool.

Mo0rbid
10-16-2008, 17:28
I knew youd say that. fool.

ok

Desperado[1G]
10-16-2008, 21:15
I played a wizard to 30 something. I was kind of irritated with the way the AA system worked. You were forced to do quests and lock your level for a while so that you weren't a total gimp.

The controls and animations were clunky and a little unresponsive. The PvP is world based, so that was a plus. Players could drop items from their inventory, and I believe 70% of their gold or something. There was also a huge lack of spell effects. I got tired of casting the same 2 lightning bolt / fireball spells all the time.

Anyway, I have no interest in ever playing it again. The server was like 90% scouts (think rogues from WoW), and they'd track me down and instagib me. The game is nowhere near balanced.

BlueElf
10-16-2008, 21:35
If you think its unbalanced in the 30's wait till T8. EQ2 is OK, and the PVE isnt bad at all. But the PVP portion is truly unbalanced regardless what anyone says.

Some classes worse than others as far as balanced .. but one i know of

In T8, a VP raid geared Shaman, with mythical weapon and 100% master abilities ..

Given a head start can throw up every ward (including emergencies) and a legendary geared scout can auto attack the wards away in 2 or 3 hits. Death to follow in a matter of just 3-4 seconds. Seeing as they can chain attacks quickly .. yet a shaman has about 4-5 sec cast time for 1 ward (which 1 auto attack can remove) they stand no chance.

Great class for PVE ... but fail horribly in PVP due to cast times and the fact the really dont do any significant DPS ...

Assassins are fun to play... but ... seem rather OP IMO. Run up to a mage for example and hit the "I Win" button and you just got a kill and fame!

Then you have your brigands .. who can safe house away in PVP if they are getting ready to loose. Return seconds later under 50% and try again. Not that they arent OP as is, but now they have a chance try for kill again gaining fame OR if they die loose nothing.

If they would fix the balance issues PVP wouldnt be so bad.

Jezrith
10-16-2008, 22:10

Its not ironic, it's ironical! That's like even more than ironic...

Mulambo
10-16-2008, 22:50
Its not ironic, it's ironical! That's like even more than ironic...

I had this PC adventure game called prisoner of ice. There was a part where the nazi officer was swordfighting you in a rowboat and talking to you (the voiceacting in the game was very good, mostly).

but the subtitle said "How ironic!" but the voice actor said "How ironical!" It was super funny.

Niteflite
10-16-2008, 22:57
I remember signing up for the early trial back when it was realeased or a bit later, I really wish i could remember how i felt of the game.

But i take it, like WoW, the game is to dependant on gear, rather then strategy?

Gmoneyslim12
10-17-2008, 00:02
I just subbed 3 or so days ago actually, I am on Unrest though :)

Floyd
10-17-2008, 00:06
Naga...Naga...Naganna play with you anyway.

:ninja:

heroshade
10-17-2008, 00:34
Neverquest ftl.