PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 6

Barbarossa
10-15-2008, 05:00
My Steelers were on a bye.

The Bungles are 0-6, they play the Steelers this Sunday and that will make them 0-7 :lmao:

The Cleveland Stains wtfpwnt the Super Bowl champs, the NY Giants.

How did your team do?

Bombay1361
10-15-2008, 05:06
football is awful, hockey ftw.

Barbarossa
10-15-2008, 05:08
football is awful, hockey ftw.

At least you didn't say soccer but you still can GTFO of my thread...:D

Dirty l3um
10-15-2008, 05:08
Packers took the seahawks to school.

other thant he nfl...

MY GATORS ROCKED LSU! HELLS YEA!

ejnomad07
10-15-2008, 05:09
Barb...your late..I was bragging about my "stains" yesterday.

Barbarossa
10-15-2008, 05:13
I've been doing these weekly threads on here for a few years now, you're late.

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 05:16
I was feeling so good about my panther and delhomme and BAM, 38 passer rating. Good test against the saints next week. Tied for 1st in the division with tampa now, will be first if we beat the saints.

ejnomad07
10-15-2008, 05:16
I've been doing these weekly threads on here for a few years now, you're late.

I meant with this weeks post. I am your editor now. You got a deadline to meet. Monday. :p

Barbarossa
10-15-2008, 05:19
I meant with this weeks post. I am your editor now. You got a deadline to meet. Monday. :p
I usually post right after Monday Night Football but I was unable to do so this week.

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 05:19
WE GOT ROY WILLIAMS BABY!

lost pacman though

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 05:20
WE GOT ROY WILLIAMS BABY!

lost pacman though

ROFL worst trade ever. Way to give up the future of your team for a mediocre WR who is a liability in the locker room when you already have good WRs anyway. FAIL Dallas

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 05:25
ROFL worst trade ever. Way to give up the future of your team for a mediocre WR who is a liability in the locker room when you already have good WRs anyway. FAIL Dallas

roy williams is a good wr. we are playing to win now homie. we already have tons of young talent... we needed him to take pressure of TO.

WIN DALLAS

heroshade
10-15-2008, 05:28
Cowboys lost, but the Cards won at the cost of one of their players ballsack.

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 05:29
I really don't understand how we lost...

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 05:30
roy williams is a good wr. we are playing to win now homie. we already have tons of young talent... we needed him to take pressure of TO.

WIN DALLAS

Crayton and Witten are more than enough to "take pressure" off TO. Maybe get some defense instead?

Mock
10-15-2008, 05:34
Saints kicked ass! Against the Raiders though, so thats not saying much :(

heroshade
10-15-2008, 05:35
Oh, for the record, Marion Barber is a fucking BEAST.

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 05:36
Crayton and Witten are more than enough to "take pressure" off TO. Maybe get some defense instead?

your joking right? crayton is horrible. and witten can't win games.

our Defense has great personnel, its just our D coordinator sucks and we play 10 yards off receiver instead of jamming them like we should.

Carl Ragadamn
10-15-2008, 05:50
Colts decided to start the season this week it was nice to see them show up and not luck their way to a victory. I feel like the Ravens were asking what truck hit them after the game.

spetznaz007
10-15-2008, 05:56
Well my Broncos had a good day, except the league thought it preposterous that they got to beat San Diego on a horrible call by Hochuli, so they got them back by calling the game as if it was the officiating crews first.

spetznaz007
10-15-2008, 06:00
It was a great trade, except......ROMO is out for 4 WEEKS! With Brad Johnson throwing, it don't matter who the hell you put out there. Thats what teams like the Patriots and Cowboys get for neglecting their 2nd string quaterback position, and hoping that some 6'6" beast dosen't tear up Homos pussy.

Barbarossa
10-15-2008, 06:03
It was a great trade, except......ROMO is out for 4 WEEKS! With Brad Johnson throwing, it don't matter who the hell you put out there. Thats what teams like the Patriots and Cowboys get for neglecting their 2nd string quaterback position, and hoping that some 6'6" beast dosen't tear up Homos pussy.

So what if Romo is out for 4 weeks, maybe that little vacation will help him to not choke in the playoffs this year [if they make it there] like he did the past two years.

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 06:04

Romo has been sucking it up. and he is a big reason we have been playing bad. His stats are great, but the product he puts on the field not so much.

With TO and roy, we should be able to run our offense kind of like philly in 04. Just throuw short routes which brad johnson is actually pretty good.

TBH, more worried about felix being gone than romo.

Drunkenork
10-15-2008, 06:07
I want to give silver and black bike helmets to my team for their performance last game.

Revolver777
10-15-2008, 06:17
Go Pack go!

heroshade
10-15-2008, 06:18
Go Pack go!

Aaron Rodgers for the fail!

Yuppa
10-15-2008, 06:32
Romo has been sucking it up. and he is a big reason we have been playing bad. His stats are great, but the product he puts on the field not so much.

With TO and roy, we should be able to run our offense kind of like philly in 04. Just throuw short routes which brad johnson is actually pretty good.

TBH, more worried about felix being gone than romo.
ug a cowboy fan in the bay area...almost as bad as red sox fans...

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 06:33

ug... a retard making assumptions out of nothing. Maybe i was born in texas??

heroshade
10-15-2008, 06:33

Or a baseball fan in general.

Yuppa
10-15-2008, 06:36
ug... a retard making assumptions out of nothing. Maybe i was born in texas??
well I cant talk about either bay area team so I decided on someone with a south bay location throwing down the cowboy fan statistics...btw cowboys outbid the niners for roy...I hate the cowboys...

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 06:38
well I cant talk about either bay area team so I decided on someone with a south bay location throwing down the cowboy fan statistics...btw cowboys outbid the niners for roy...I hate the cowboys...

i didn't even know the niners were trying to get him...would make sense though, Williams and bruce would be a good combo.

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 06:48
your joking right? crayton is horrible. and witten can't win games.

our Defense has great personnel, its just our D coordinator sucks and we play 10 yards off receiver instead of jamming them like we should.

Crayton had 700 yards last year at an average of 14 yards per catch. 7 TDs and no lost fumbles. That's pretty damn solid for a #3 man. And I don't know what cowboys you've been watching, but Witten DOES win games. I can't count the number of 3rd and longs he has converted.

As for their D, they haven't held anyone to less than 200 passing yards in a game, and only have 2 interceptions on the season. Their passing D is in the bottom half of the league, not what a superbowl contender needs.

So, trading 3 fresh pickups next year (which could be used to bolster their defense, get a backup QB who isn't 40, or whatever else they actually need) for a guy who plays a position they are already well stocked on is a good trade? Okie dokie

Also, they are out Felix Jones, Pacman Jones, and Romo this week. Rams 2nd win? :p

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 06:51
Crayton had 700 yards last year at an average of 14 yards per catch. 7 TDs and no lost fumbles. That's pretty damn solid for a #3 man. And I don't know what cowboys you've been watching, but Witten DOES win games. I can't count the number of 3rd and longs he has converted.

As for their D, they haven't held anyone to less than 200 passing yards in a game, and only have 2 interceptions on the season. Their passing D is in the bottom half of the league, not what a superbowl contender needs.

So, trading 3 fresh pickups next year (which could be used to bolster their defense, get a backup QB who isn't 40, or whatever else they actually need) for a guy who plays a position they are already well stocked on is a good trade? Okie dokie

Also, they are out Felix Jones, Pacman Jones, and Romo this week. Rams 2nd win? :p
told you already about the D.

about Patrick Crayton... last year he fed off of TO and Wittens double coverage. not to mention 200 of his 700 yards came in one game, along with 2 of his 7 tds( a blowout win against the rams).

the only way to know how good crayton is, is to actually watch him game in and game out... trust me, he is a product of witten, and mainly TO.

if it wasn't for TO we would have one of the worst if not the worst WR corps in the league. WE ARE NOT stocked at the WR position.

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 06:56
the only way to know how good crayton is, is to actually watch him game in and game out... trust me, he is a product of witten, and mainly TO.

I've watched (almost) every game for the past 2 years. Crayton is indeed a solid #3 man. He reminds me of Mushin Muhammed, not really a deep ball or big play-after-the-catch guy, but he gets the job done in the short to mid range pretty consistently and takes a bit of the load off the others.

if it wasn't for TO we would have one of the worst if not the worst WR corps in the league. WE ARE NOT stocked at the WR position.

TO isn't actually Romo's #1 target, though he does make the big plays. But you can say the same thing you just said for the Patriots and Randy Moss. There is nothing wrong with having a featured WR doing most of the work. Steve Smith? Chad Johnson? A lot of teams have a big name pulling most of their receiving. And the more important point is, you do have TO, so talking about what your team would be like without him is irrelevant.

Vanno
10-15-2008, 06:56
Panthers got shit-kicked hard; Delhomme sucked it up and they didn't give Stewart enough attempts. The Jags managed to pull one out, and the Raven got demolished.

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 07:00
Panthers got shit-kicked hard; Delhomme sucked it up and they didn't give Stewart enough attempts. The Jags managed to pull one out, and the Raven got demolished.

I didn't see that ravens beating coming at all. And I attribute the panthers loss to a lax secondary and Delhomme's dismal QB rating.

Vanno
10-15-2008, 07:04
I didn't see that ravens beating coming at all. And I attribute the panthers loss to a lax secondary and Delhomme's dismal QB rating.

Oh for sure. Delhomme was a pile, but the running game (or lack thereof) didn't help his numbers. They were pretty much beat in the first quarter.

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 07:06
Oh for sure. Delhomme was a pile, but the running game (or lack thereof) didn't help his numbers. They were pretty much beat in the first quarter.

The botched punt didn't help them get off to a good start. Our O-line has been terrible for a few years now. I was really glad we got solid couple of RBs, but now it's time to clean up that line.

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 07:07
I've watched (almost) every game for the past 2 years. Crayton is indeed a solid #3 man. He reminds me of Mushin Muhammed, not really a deep ball or big play-after-the-catch guy, but he gets the job done in the short to mid range pretty consistently and takes a bit of the load off the others.

TO isn't actually Romo's #1 target, though he does make the big plays. But you can say the same thing you just said for the Patriots and Randy Moss. There is nothing wrong with having a featured WR doing most of the work. Steve Smith? Chad Johnson? A lot of teams have a big name pulling most of their receiving. And the more important point is, you do have TO, so talking about what your team would be like without him is irrelevant.
the point is, Patrick is not a good number 2 WR... and we needed someone to take the double and triple coverage on TO(Which he was undoubtedly getting).

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 07:14
the point is, Patrick is not a good number 2 WR... and we needed someone to take the double and triple coverage on TO(Which he was undoubtedly getting).

Yea, well you have Witten as your #1 in receiving (who cares if he is a TE?), so like I said, Crayton is a solid #3.

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 07:17
Yea, well you have Witten as your #1 in receiving (who cares if he is a TE?), so like I said, Crayton is a solid #3.

witten doesn't demand double coverage though. He is a great TE, but not a big threat, he doesn't make big plays.

Witten is the number 1 target... but TO is the engine of our offense. The reason we have been sputtering is because TO is not getting involved

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 07:34
witten doesn't demand double coverage though. He is a great TE, but not a big threat, he doesn't make big plays.

Witten is the number 1 target... but TO is the engine of our offense. The reason we have been sputtering is because TO is not getting involved

Witten makes huge plays, just not TDs. You've also been sputtering because of lack of Felix Jones. 8.9 yards a carry and they wanna give 75% of the touches to Barber? Barber is a great workhorse back, but Jones is just too explosive to not give him more chances.

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 07:38
Witten makes huge plays, just not TDs. You've also been sputtering because of lack of Felix Jones. 8.9 yards a carry and they wanna give 75% of the touches to Barber? Barber is a great workhorse back, but Jones is just too explosive to not give him more chances.
Ill still disagree... Witten doesn't make huge plays.

i agree we should of gave Felix more carries, but his Effectiveness might of gotten worse if we rushed him more. MB3 is no slouch either though.

still were averaging 30 pts a game.. it just doesn't feel the same, we seem lethargic.

Heres some stats for you to ponder over.

quoting from another forum(stats are right)

"We pressed to get the ball to Terrell Owens because nothing was working and when he gets his touches, we win games.

Stats I will always use in defense of Terrell Owens...

Cowboys are 8-1 when Owens goes over 100 yards.

Cowboys are 6-0 when Terrell Owens has 8 receptions or more.

Let's compare...

Cowboys are 4-3 when Jason Witten goes over 100 yards

Cowboys are 5-6 when Jason Witten has 8 receptions or more.

Owens gets the ball, the Cowboys win. It's just the way it is.

It's not just about the complaints. The Cowboys deliver the ball to Owens, because that's the guy that this offense revolves around. When he plays well, we win."

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 07:42
I never said Owens wasn't good or the most important receiver. Not sure what you were trying to prove with that post. I bet if you looked at how many 3rd downs Witten has converted versus Owens there would be a big gap though. Those are the kind of plays I'm talking about, big plays that enable you to throw to TO in the endzone.

Ikaj
10-15-2008, 07:45
I never said Owens wasn't good or the most important receiver. Not sure what you were trying to prove with that post. I bet if you looked at how many 3rd downs Witten has converted versus Owens there would be a big gap though. Those are the kind of plays I'm talking about, big plays that enable you to throw to TO in the endzone.

Last year TO had 69/81 receptions for first downs while Jason witten had 56/96.

read your post wrong... but yeah, Jason is a valuable short game Piece. But we need another player who can threaten the Defense, a type of player you can't just say "were gonna single cover him, and if he gets the ball, he gets it." Which is what they are doing to Jason and Patrick right now

Caffy
10-15-2008, 09:55
Oilers were off this week.

The Texans forgot they're supposed to choke at the end of the game. What good is outplaying your opponent for 55 minutes if you win? Stinky Andre Johnson and his miracle catches.

Just when I was starting to wonder who they would pick #1 overall they pull this crap. I guess they're going to have to fight Detroit for it.

These guys need to get their head on straight.

Dwhap
10-15-2008, 12:44
Go Browns baby!!!!!

I've been a Browns fan my whole life. Yea the team sucks, but that just means when they pull off some crazy awsome shit like they did on Monday, It feels all that much better! :D

Carl Ragadamn
10-15-2008, 15:52
TO needs the ball less, because I want Marvin Harrison to pass him for TD catches. They are both great players but Harrison is like the flipside of the TO personality coin.

heroshade
10-15-2008, 15:54
I like how the Cardinals are already talking playoffs.

Carl Ragadamn
10-15-2008, 15:58

sometimes prayers work, not for the Cardinals, but you cant blame them for wishing.

heroshade
10-15-2008, 16:00
sometimes prayers work, not for the Cardinals, but you cant blame them for wishing.

When an NFL kicker breaks his foot over your nutsack, you aren't going to the playoffs.

Thats for anybody who watched the Dallas/Cards game on Sunday.

Carl Ragadamn
10-15-2008, 16:04
When an NFL kicker breaks his foot over your nutsack, you aren't going to the playoffs.

Thats for anybody who watched the Dallas/Cards game on Sunday.

I saw the highlights, but couldnt watch the game due to being engaged to a Dallas fan. She doesnt watch Colts games with me and I dont watch Dallas games with her. The brightside is a permanent pass to go to a bar and watch the game during football season.

heroshade
10-15-2008, 16:07
I saw the highlights, but couldnt watch the game due to being engaged to a Dallas fan. She doesnt watch Colts games with me and I dont watch Dallas games with her. The brightside is a permanent pass to go to a bar and watch the game during football season.

Nice. That being said, how hard do you have to nut-kick a guy to break your fucking foot?

holychicken
10-15-2008, 16:11
Stupid Giants got their asses handed to them.

Carl Ragadamn
10-15-2008, 16:12
Nice. That being said, how hard do you have to nut-kick a guy to break your fucking foot?

No the real question is, how would your nuts feel after receiving a kick so hard that the kicker broke his foot? The thought makes me cringe.

heroshade
10-15-2008, 16:12
No the real question is, how would your nuts feel after receiving a kick so hard that the kicker broke his foot? The thought makes me cringe.

We wouldn't know, the man is still in a nutkicking coma-shock.

Reckin Crew
10-15-2008, 16:18
Go Jets!

Ziegler
10-15-2008, 16:28
Titans were off this week as well I think.

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 17:35

Considering how they have a commanding lead in their garbage division, it isn't that surprising.

Lieal
10-15-2008, 18:22
Go Chargers?

Carl Ragadamn
10-15-2008, 18:26
Go Chargers?

Where are they going?

Lieal
10-15-2008, 18:54
Where are they going?

How dare you answer my question with a question!

Slypieguy
10-15-2008, 19:12
Where are they going?

Pretty laughable that the bookie has an overrated 3-3 team as the favorite in the AFC right now. I wish I could somehow bet against those odds, lol.

AtanasRikard
10-15-2008, 20:17
I won't even use the shitty officiating as an excuse for why my Broncos lost to the Jags. Just like against KC, you aren't gonna win many games when you have 3 or more turnovers.

We were moving the ball pretty damn well against them, until that third turnover that pretty much deflated the whole team.

Kagetora8151
10-15-2008, 22:53
Good to see Manning and the boys back in action. The Ravens got pulverized. I think we might see a turn around for the Colts now.

Next Week: Green Bay. The Colts should see a win here as long as the defense show up like they did against Baltimore. Also, as long as the offense finds their groove early. Colts 4-2. The Titans play Kansas City. As much as I would love to see the Chefs win, they won't. Titans 6 - 0

Week 8: Titans. This should be one of the greatest games all season. I really think the Colts will win. The defense ought to be able to put enough pressure on Collins to make him fuck up. The Colts could find themselves only one game behind if they win. Possibly tied if the Titans lose to KC, but I highly doubt this. Although less likely things have happened. Browns vs. Giants anyone?

Mulambo
10-15-2008, 23:16
Go Chargers?
hell yeah! They will go to the afc championship again. Hopefully superbowl.

Week 8: Titans. This should be one of the greatest games all season. I really think the Colts will win. The defense ought to be able to put enough pressure on Collins to make him fuck up. The Colts could find themselves only one game behind if they win. Possibly tied if the Titans lose to KC, but I highly doubt this. Although less likely things have happened. Browns vs. Giants anyone?

How are the colts gonna stop the titans from running all over, and probably up in, them?

Carl Ragadamn
10-15-2008, 23:28
How are the colts gonna stop the titans from running all over, and probably up in, them?

Um same way they stopped the Ravens?

Toxic Waste
10-15-2008, 23:37

At least they're not the Rams.

Mulambo
10-15-2008, 23:50
Um same way they stopped the Ravens?

By getting Joe Flacco to throw 38 times?

Haldred
10-16-2008, 00:11
MY DETROIT LIONS ARE #101010019129324923 but we played good right up until we was robbed...THAT WAS NOT PASS INTERFERENCE!! I was about to donkey punch that ref. :bang: :bang:

Slypieguy
10-16-2008, 01:51
MY DETROIT LIONS ARE #101010019129324923 but we played good right up until we was robbed...THAT WAS NOT PASS INTERFERENCE!! I was about to donkey punch that ref. :bang: :bang:

That's 2 games the vikings have been handed by the refs.

Haldred
10-16-2008, 01:54
That's 2 games the vikings have been handed by the refs.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: so frustrating...0-5

Carl Ragadamn
10-16-2008, 02:07
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: so frustrating...0-5

Its cool you guys and the Raiders can duke it out for worst team of the decade.

DarkCrusader
10-16-2008, 02:08
Chiefs had a bye WoooHooo they didnt loose...........:bang:

Kagetora8151
10-16-2008, 02:12
By getting Joe Flacco to throw 38 times?

The Colts forced them to throw. Getting ahead by 31 points until the third quarter. The Ravens had to throw. You can't run the ball and expect to catch up, especially with us stopping the run so effectively. The Titans running game is not that strong. Not even top ten in the league. Chris Johnson ranks number 13. Only two TD's. 381 yards. Screw the Titans run game. We will do the same thing against them that we did the Ravens. Get ahead early, make Collins throw, pick him off/force incomplete passes. Win the game.

Fuck the Titans! They are going down in week 8!

Carl Ragadamn
10-16-2008, 02:21
I might eat my words in week 8, but oh well.

Dont back down or I will drive to your house and spray paint carebear on it.

Kagetora8151
10-16-2008, 02:29
Dont back down or I will drive to your house and spray paint carebear on it.

Alright, alright.

Mulambo
10-16-2008, 05:26
The Colts forced them to throw. Getting ahead by 31 points until the third quarter. The Ravens had to throw. You can't run the ball and expect to catch up, especially with us stopping the run so effectively. The Titans running game is not that strong. Not even top ten in the league. Chris Johnson ranks number 13. Only two TD's. 381 yards. Screw the Titans run game. We will do the same thing against them that we did the Ravens. Get ahead early, make Collins throw, pick him off/force incomplete passes. Win the game.

I know that, it's what I was talking about.

The Titans will be running all over in week 8. LenDale White is pretty productive too.

I was surprised the colts got ahead so easily against baltimore. i'll be surprised if they can do the same against tennessee.

Slypieguy
10-16-2008, 05:29
I know that, it's what I was talking about.

The Titans will be running all over in week 8. LenDale White is pretty productive too.

I was surprised the colts got ahead so easily against baltimore. i'll be surprised if they can do the same against tennessee.

Don't forget Justin Gage! Best name ever

Ziegler
10-16-2008, 14:18

Honestly...I cant believe we are doing anything at all....the titans have had a mantra the past few years of....oh...you're one of our best players....we need to trade you.

Hell, the QB...should be retired, but because we have a drama queen superstar QB who got butthurt because the crowd boo'd him.....we're running the old guy instead. (And he's doing better than the Star QB)

Titan V Colts is always a tough game for me, I have to root for the titans, but I watched manning all the way through UT.