PDA

View Full Version : A modest proposal

Justinian
10-14-2008, 19:53
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig9/deming1.html

The best part is the end, for you European idiots:

I'm aware that my modest proposals may rouse the indignation of the world, especially that of our friends, the Europeans. But in fact I am only proposing that we fulfill the expectations of our continental colleagues, as they already consider Americans to be both barbarous and ignorant. Europeans, in contrast, are the most moral and enlightened people on earth. It is true that in past centuries they burned people alive for having the wrong religion, or for the dastardly crime of thinking the wrong thoughts. But our dear friends have made considerable progress. In the last century, they set the standard by blessing humanity with World War I, World War II, and the Holocaust. Can we do any less?

Look down your nose at we filthy Americans. I, for one, call you on your bullshit.

kordoyn
10-14-2008, 19:54
It's fine, Yurope is going to sav-ed us now too.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/13/news/international/gumbel_eurobank.fortune/index.htm

Skyborn
10-14-2008, 19:57
nice...and good point actually.

Shads
10-14-2008, 19:58

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/13/news/international/gumbel_eurobank.fortune/index.htm

The world was once again saved by the Masked Scotsman and his Continental friends.

Matriel
10-14-2008, 20:03
He forgot Africa. Also what the Russians did if you want to lump Russia in with Europe. Also, southeast Asia. Damn, I could go on for days.

Mulambo
10-14-2008, 20:04
I eat what I want.

Serenius
10-14-2008, 20:07
Everyone sucks, that's the point, right? I say next decade we pick a new country to bitch... I suggest China.

Fizbanui
10-14-2008, 20:07
Yes americans, you will learn through failure like each european country in our great history, your country is still young and need more failure.....
You not even have your own culture...that makes me sad :(

Taroth
10-14-2008, 20:08
Awesome read

stalwart
10-14-2008, 20:08
not necessarily a bad idea...

spetznaz007
10-14-2008, 20:09
I never thought of it that way. Good points, take that Europe.

Jinpachi
10-14-2008, 20:09

The best part is the end, for you European idiots:

Look down your nose at we filthy Americans. I, for one, call you on your bullshit.

Swift is turning in his grave. You're a fucking idiot.

spetznaz007
10-14-2008, 20:10
Yes americans, you will learn through failure like each european country in our great history, your country is still young and need more failure.....
You not even have your own culture...that makes me sad :(

Culture is overrated. We do have culture, you just don't understand it. Our culture is great. Eat meat, and watch sports.

Matriel
10-14-2008, 20:14
We export culture. That's why you have McDonalds next to buildings that were built in the 14th century all over Europe. Cultural domination is awesome.

Toilet
10-14-2008, 20:16
Culture is overrated. We do have culture, you just don't understand it. Our culture is great. Eat meat, watch sports and get fat and dumb.

Fixed for yoo.

Shads
10-14-2008, 20:19
We export culture. That's why you have McDonalds next to buildings that were built in the 14th century all over Europe. Cultural domination is awesome.

How typical of an American - equating culture with where you eat. I've got news for you "buddy" - the Chinese beat you to it.

Matriel
10-14-2008, 20:20
How typical of an American - equating culture with where you eat. I've got news for you "buddy" - the Chinese beat you to it.

Mmmm...General Tso sure knew how to make some fucking chicken.

Desperado[1G]
10-14-2008, 20:21

Where are you from? What a brave soul you are, bashing others' nationality without even displaying your own.

/salute

DocGonzo
10-14-2008, 20:21
i've got to say after reading the "article" that it was "amusing, but not funny" (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/14/opinion/14herbert.html?hp)

piss poor satire, imo...and quite offensive on many levels

not that i'm against offending folks, but after that poor showing, it's even more difficult to take this guy seriously in any way, on any topic....especially since his degree is in English, and he does an epic fail at satire...

Unahim
10-14-2008, 20:24
Threads like these are exactly why we don't like you guys.

Besides, most people from America came from Europe, so if we just count all really "old" screw-ups from europe together with those since america got founded, you're screwing up way worse than us.

Also, you have to count every European country seperate up until the point where they're actually resembling a union. They're hardly doing that now so when you start quoting things over 50 years in the past my mind goes like "Not us", "Germany", "France", etc as it wasn't "Europe" that did those and it sure as hell wasn't my country either.

It'd be like blaming the USA for everything happening in South-America.

alhazred
10-14-2008, 20:25

lol funny how our markets are doing better than theres lol

Shads
10-14-2008, 20:26
;1809219']Where are you from? What a brave soul you are, bashing others' nationality without even displaying your own.

/salute

I'm not bashing anyone's nationality, I was merely stating the obvious.

As for the nationality - I consider myself to be European, as I have lived in several European countries, and I have enough honesty to admit that in today's world what exactly is written on your passport doesn't mean that much.

Skyborn
10-14-2008, 20:27
Mmmm...General Tso sure knew how to make some fucking chicken.

Fucking-a right he did.

Matriel
10-14-2008, 20:27

Besides, most people from America came from Europe, so if we just count all really "old" screw-ups from europe together with those since america got founded, you're screwing up way worse than us.

Also, you have to count every European country seperate up until the point where they're actually resembling a union. They're hardly doing that now so when you start quoting things over 50 years in the past my mind goes like "Not us", "Germany", "France", etc as it wasn't "Europe" that did those and it sure as hell wasn't my country either.

South America is doing a hell of a lot better than Africa. Just saying...

I'm not bashing anyone's nationality, I was merely stating the obvious.

As for the nationality - I consider myself to be European, as I have lived in several European countries, and I have enough honesty to admit that in today's world what exactly is written on your passport doesn't mean that much.

Weird. I consider myself a Kentuckian long before I'd lay claim to American.

DocGonzo
10-14-2008, 20:28

decent points, but flip the script there buddy...

the U.S. is a fucking HUGE place in comparison to most European countries...we have multiple cultures and regional proclivities

you can't really blame a Yankee for what some rednecks do, and vice versa...

Desperado[1G]
10-14-2008, 20:29
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1019739/posts

Unahim
10-14-2008, 20:33
decent points, but flip the script there buddy...

the U.S. is a fucking HUGE place in comparison to most European countries...we have multiple cultures and regional proclivities

you can't really blame a Yankee for what some rednecks do, and vice versa...

It's way harder to separate here, since you're led by the same people, on the whole.
So while I'm not going to blame the entirety of the USA for some kind of liquor law in one state(so to speak) I have little choice but to blame the entirety of America for Iraq, for what state would you have me single out here?

I understand what you're getting at with it being a very large and diverse country, but if someone from the USA is going to make such a crappy OP, then this is the hand I'm playing with, I'm afraid.

Weeking
10-14-2008, 20:37
Too bad he wasn't straight-faced, upright, Serious Sam. The end gave it away along with him being University employed.

Mordhak
10-14-2008, 20:46

QFT.

Burning people for their religion/thoughts happened in the middle ages, smartasses. 500 years before your country even existed. Around the time the Aztecs were sacrificing countless peasants for their sun god. Shame the evil Europeans killed them all.

And if anything, World War 1 and World War 2 were, from a purely historical point of view, good and potentially even necessary occurrences. You should actually thank us for those. Effectively ending the European hegemony of the world with WW1 and thus propelling the USA forward as the new superpower for one; accelerating the invention of numerous technologies critical for the advancement of modern society for another.

With Europe in waste after World War 2, the road was clear for the modernization of European infrastructure. The USA made motherloads of money during the period of rebuilding by loaning money to Europe which they used to buy machines and resources from the States.

Not only that, but WW2 also gave lead to the foundation of many global organizations and regulations such as the GATT, the convention of Geneva, the WHO, the UN, the NATO and many more. Furthermore, the holocaust, as tragic as it was, gave the leverage necessary for Israel to pull off independence with a lot more territory under it's control than designated by the UN without suffering from international repercussions. Because everyone felt sorry for them.

And to top it off, the holocaust caused a mass migration of rich jews from Europe to America, where they undoubtedly proceeded to seize control of all the country's financiel institutions.

I could go on like this for a while.

Think about that before blowing your nose at us next time.

We have the right to sneer at the US as much as an aging parent has the right to sneer at it's hip young adult son for being too disrespectful for his own good.

Temet nosce
10-14-2008, 20:53

:lmao:

Total fucking win.

Seriously, I just laughed so hard my face hurts.

Malhavok
10-14-2008, 20:58
Cheap knock off, but it was done in the proper Swiftian spirit.

Kin
10-14-2008, 21:01
I enjoy seeing people affected over digital 0's and 1's....

A+ :)