PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age

Kraven
10-05-2008, 23:40
It has been called the spiritual predecessor of Baldur's Gate. What do you think?

Tiarilir
10-05-2008, 23:41
I didn't know it was out yet.

iza
10-05-2008, 23:47
It isn't.

Been waiting for it quite a while. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

Yantheman
10-05-2008, 23:48
It looks like every other overrated rpg thats come out in the last few years.

Brannoc
10-05-2008, 23:52
I've had a ton of fun with every Bioware title, I'll buy it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I don't know that I would relate it to Baldur's Gate at all though.

Xtra-Medium
10-05-2008, 23:57
when will tes 5 come out?

Delthayre
10-05-2008, 23:59
I'm interested by it, but haven't paid it too much attention. I loved the Baldur's Gate series, so I am cautiously hopeful that I will enjoy it as well as I enjoyed those. I especially welcome the return to a party of characters rather than the system used in Neverwinter Nights, which I hated, except for the first few times that Tomi Undergallows did something hilariously stupid. I am also enthusiastic about the darker mood that the game promises, especially if it somehow really does merit comparison to A Song of Ice and Fire.

I am wary at the promised effect of good or evil choices upon the story; such systems usually disappoint me because they usually offer only stultifying, maudlin notions of good and risibly drastic portrayals of evil.

It has been called the spiritual predecessor of Baldur's Gate. What do you think?

I think that you probably meant successor.

Slaker
10-06-2008, 00:03
This game looks amazing. Since its from BioWare I am sure it will be a great title and something close to baldur's gate.

tallefred
10-06-2008, 00:06
when will tes 5 come out?

I've heard 2010. May just be a rumor though.

Atnas
10-06-2008, 00:08
No, it would need sprite graphics to even be worthy of mention in the same context as BG!

Enerzeal
10-06-2008, 00:10
Its a brand new world designed by Bioware as I understand. No DnD mlarkey. But Bioware are a damn fine company even if they are owned by EA. Dragon Age should be god mode.

ClownFoot
10-06-2008, 00:16
It looks interesting as it stands, nothing to get too excited about though. It seems like a regular RPG, but if there is one thing Bioware is good at, it's making RPGs. So it will probably be very good imo.

Jester814
10-06-2008, 00:23
It looks like every other overrated rpg thats come out in the last few years.

No, it doesn't.

And it looks promising.

Froed
10-06-2008, 00:36
I've had a ton of fun with every Bioware title, I'll buy it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Agreed.

I really liked Baldur's Gate's style and Faerun's lore, and from the vids (http://www.giantbomb.com/news/dragon-age-developer-walkthrough/305/) I've seen, Dragon Age seems very foreign (baddies w/o necks < orcs/goblins/etc.) and just not quite right, but I can't really complain.

Yantheman
10-06-2008, 01:03
No, it doesn't.

And it looks promising.

Have you seen all the trailer videos? Theres not a single unique story/character element to be found. Granted I dont know too much about the gameplay, but if the cliche slathered videos are anything to go by this will be a disappointment.

Signus
10-06-2008, 01:32

Why do you say that? Its in a different universe, but it looks very much the same to me. Its based on DnD rules, like most Bioware games. You can swap between KotoR view style or Baldur's Gate. I didn't play a ton of Baldur's, but from what I've seen of both, they look similar.

Kraven
10-06-2008, 03:31
The reason why it is supposed to be similar to Baldur's Gate is because of the style and depth of story where the Neverwinter Nights franchise failed.

I hope they de-emphasize the create a campaign features because nobody wants to play amateurish bullshit. They should probably make the tools so unbelievably complex that only professional designers can use them.

If any game can bring back the spirit of Baldur's Gate without the use of the infinity engine I will pee directly into my own pants.

Odie
10-06-2008, 03:33
I've enjoyed all the bioware games I've played so far. So I guess I'll enjoy this one too :P

Xalren
10-06-2008, 04:12
Yeah I want to play it, but I won't look forward to it. Bioware is owned by EA now. When they made baldur's gate it was supposed to be a niche game, and that was what made it awesome. Now they will try to make it open to everyone.