PDA

View Full Version : Gaming: BackStabbed

Hyster
10-02-2008, 20:58
In your gaming History have you been BackStabbed and i dont mean like a minor one were you lose some gold / gear i talking about you known the guy 6 months and truly trusted him. and then he fucks you over big time.

Honest Bill
10-02-2008, 21:00
How Meny Times in your gaming History have you been BackStabbed and i dont mean like a minor one were you lose some gold / gear i talking about you known the guy 6 months and truly trusted him. and then he fucks you over big time.

I have never played a game that allowed for that sort of thing. But i certainly look forward to being backstabbed in DFO, and then devoting all my time to hunting down the cunt that betrayed me and filleting him for his audacity

Manne13
10-02-2008, 21:02
yes but it was not very direct

Hyster
10-02-2008, 21:03
I have never played a game that allowed for that sort of thing. But i certainly look forward to being backstabbed in DFO, and then devoting all my time to hunting down the cunt that betrayed me and filleting him for his audacity

1th time i fucked the guys guild up and damn it went on for months i got some funny SS of it too, 2nd time was 4 days ago i still planning payback for this kid

attckdog
10-02-2008, 21:03

This EXACTLY !

rockyraccoon
10-02-2008, 21:05
this is often rarely said but this thread belongs in ADD.

alhazred
10-02-2008, 21:05
yes but it was i knew him in game and i got back stabbed out of game so i enlisted some friends and crashed his computer

(when 5 computers are running each a fifth of a rainbow table you can crack anything really really fast

Ababoba
10-02-2008, 21:13
Happened to me once in Diablo 2 :(

Hyster
10-02-2008, 21:14
yes but it was i knew him in game and i got back stabbed out of game so i enlisted some friends and crashed his computer

(when 5 computers are running each a fifth of a rainbow table you can crack anything really really fast

i know how to crash people using vent REAL easy, hehehe in fact i crashed a full raid party doing it one time.

Lukeyg22
10-02-2008, 21:19
Happend to me a couple times in UO... and when i sold my UO acct i got fucked *tear*

Hyster
10-02-2008, 21:22
Happend to me a couple times in UO... and when i sold my UO acct i got fucked *tear*

>< didnt use paypal did you?

Agge
10-02-2008, 21:24
Can't say I have been that. I don't trust anyone THAT much. I'm quite paranoid even, along with cynical and sarcastic etc etc.

ClownFoot
10-02-2008, 21:31
Hmm... Kinda. In a way yes, but also kinda no.

Lukeyg22
10-02-2008, 21:32
>< didnt use paypal did you?

It was a friend i had played with for the first 2 years of the Game from beta on and i didn't know paypal existed back then lol and was to young but shit was shady after 2 years sold it cause of the changes that were being made to the game.... Cant win them all and then i ended buying a new acct and playing that for a little while

AmonDominus
10-02-2008, 21:36
Haven't been backstabbed. I usually get collateral or money up front.

I remember that some asian guy stabbed his IRL friend, cuz that friend stole a rather expensive sword in MIR online mmo from him.

Lysandor
10-02-2008, 21:38
Nobody will cross me. This I have preordained.

Apex Vertigo
10-02-2008, 21:55
In runescape that kind of thing happens all of the time. You meet some assholes in that game.

Hyster
10-02-2008, 21:59
In runescape that kind of thing happens all of the time. You meet some assholes in that game.

played runescape for 5 minutes didnt have time to play that shitty ass game

Killuminati
10-02-2008, 22:00
I'm doing the backstabbing 100% of the time.

Also runescape was a paradise for backstabbing. The whole pk system would revolve around betrayal when you form fake groups together. Also scamming friends during transfers were always awesome.

AmonDominus
10-02-2008, 22:07
We went into runescape PK wilderness 5 years ago with a group once.
Somehow we lost track of everyone and 1-2 people were missing at the end.
Fun times. Now they carebeared the whole PvP element in RuneCrap

Zeaph
10-02-2008, 22:15
One time in UO I got accused of killing and looting a guldie in town, while under the effects of a incognito spell to mask who I was.. They accused me of this while I was in the guild tower and they locked me in and ganked me searched through my stuff.. the bastards.. I didnt do it.. of course... but I did end up joining the people who did and looted a few more people of the guild..

Dog eat dog I guess.

Darkrabbit18
10-02-2008, 22:15
I'm doing the backstabbing 100% of the time.

Also runescape was a paradise for backstabbing. The whole pk system would revolve around betrayal when you form fake groups together. Also scamming friends during transfers were always awesome.

Yeah, the runescape PK system was fun before they fucked it up and pretty much ruined the games PvP.

I remember getting 2-3 of my friends and getting random people to join up with us, wait till we got deep then slaughtered them :lmao:

Darkrabbit18
10-02-2008, 22:19
One time in UO I got accused of killing and looting a guldie in town, while under the effects of a incognito spell to mask who I was.. They accused me of this while I was in the guild tower and they locked me in and ganked me searched through my stuff.. the bastards.. I didnt do it.. of course... but I did end up joining the people who did and looted a few more people of the guild..

Dog eat dog I guess.

Hahah, Nice one.

Thats another reason why i cant wait for this game. I got kicked from a long-term guild in WoW once for some pathetic reason, and got harassed with insults from the /tell system. I was so pissed off but what could i do? Nothing.. But in Darkfall, if i get betrayed like that i can actually do something about it to satisfy my revenge.

Jangang
10-02-2008, 22:20
One time I claimed a ToL in SB after the merchant town owner asked me to help defend it. I arrive and the city is already occupied and he made a deal to just sell it to the invaders in exchange he got to keep the shops. Basically they just wanted the tree closed.

Anyway I was a thief and stealthed when i popped in, just in time for him to abandon it. The plan was they were to claim it and that was that...

Only I claimed it instead, promptly got slaughtered.

It didn't take more then a moment or two for me to get about 100 tells, and finally a summons back.

This was fun. I got to stand in the middle of about 100 angry people without any real fear of being ganked again. Made my demands and ransomed the ToL back. I even made them let me bank my ransom before I abandoned the ToL.

It was fun shit, I should have told em to suck my balls after i banked the millions of gold and my pick of items from the shops.

AmonDominus
10-02-2008, 22:24
It was fun shit, I should have told em to suck my balls after i banked the millions of gold and my pick of items from the shops.
You should have indeed. And fraps it for epic fame.

Jangang
10-02-2008, 22:25
I was in shock that they even went for it though, the ToL went vulnerable in like 3 minutes and I didn't have much time to think. I wanted my loot before they decided to just tear it down and plant a new one.

m0j0mann
10-02-2008, 22:30
Long long ago, in the wilderness of Runescape, there two Clans, both ruled by teenagers, united to defeat another clan. In our newbie green-dragonhide armor on the F2P world, we kicked the ass of another clan.

We were the Dragonlordz. They were the g0dz.The alliance was a great and beautiful one. We were Londoners, they were Welshmen. We were geeks, they were chavs.
I was but 13 years old, and already a Red Dragonlord in the clan. Admittedly, the clan had been created by 2 of my IRL friends, also 13 years old. They were the Black Dragonlord and the White Dragonlord. We made up the ruling triumvirate of the clan.
The hilarious thing is, we recruited a 44-year old woman into the clan, who went by the name of "Bippitee". What It meant, I cannot say. She didn't like PvP much, but was level 80-something at cooking, and made all our healing-food when we went on PvPing ventures alongside the g0dz. But more than that, she provided vital information on many secrets to the triumvirate of Dragonlordz. Yes, vital information. On many secrets.

Together with the g0dz, we united against the clan of Proper_bo. ( I think he meant to be "Proper_bro" but made a typo). And at the Chaos Temple in the wilderness, we harried them before us and stole all their shit.

But a week after Proper_bo sued for peace, it happened. Jimmy, A high-ranking member of the g0dz, and IRL friend of the leader, Clayton, decided to scam me, the red dragonlord, out of 80,000 gold. He was going to invest it into buying a Party Hat, and would then sell the Party Hat for a profit. Or so he said. He kept the 80,000 gold, and denied ever taking it. Clayton backed him up.

And so began an epic struggle. The g0dz and the Dragonl0rdz were evenly matched, initially, so mass recruiting began on both sides, along with mass grinding, and mass farming. It continued into P2P, and I even dropped my Warrior skills and exploited the overpowered Ranger class in order to ensure victory.

By the end of the conflict, I had gained 200,000 gold worth in items, but the clans were both destroyed. We both employed spy-warfare, and eventually whenever we would head into the wilderness to meet each other, the spies would start friendly-firing before the main battle even started. As such, there was no way to maintain control over who was hitting who, and the battles collapsed into free-for-alls.

Thusly was the epic tale of the g0dz versus the Dragonlordz. Such a thing is impossible now, unfortunately, since Jagex nerfed the wilderness. But with the advent of Darkfall, 13-year-olds will once again be able to prove their manhood based on how many items they've stolen, rather than how many levels they've gained!

Hyster
10-02-2008, 22:31
One time I claimed a ToL in SB after the merchant town owner asked me to help defend it. I arrive and the city is already occupied and he made a deal to just sell it to the invaders in exchange he got to keep the shops. Basically they just wanted the tree closed.

Anyway I was a thief and stealthed when i popped in, just in time for him to abandon it. The plan was they were to claim it and that was that...

Only I claimed it instead, promptly got slaughtered.

It didn't take more then a moment or two for me to get about 100 tells, and finally a summons back.

This was fun. I got to stand in the middle of about 100 angry people without any real fear of being ganked again. Made my demands and ransomed the ToL back. I even made them let me bank my ransom before I abandoned the ToL.

so your the famous guy that pulled that off? i heard the story playing SB but didnt believe it

Jangang
10-02-2008, 22:39
so your the famous guy that pulled that off? i heard the story playing SB but didnt believe it

I didn't know people talked about it hehe. This was on dread server btw, so if that's where the talk your hearing took place them yup, that was me. :) I went by Tan'triel Blackhand at the time.

If it wasn't dread it was someone else though. :)

Hyster
10-02-2008, 22:40
I didn't know people talked about it hehe. This was on dread server btw, so if that's where the talk your hearing took place them yup, that was me. :) I went by Tan'triel Blackhand at the time.

If it wasn't dread it was someone else though. :)

damn never thought i would meet the guy that did that.
hehe i would have burnt the city down right next to them

AmonDominus
10-02-2008, 22:43

Small world huh?

Jangang
10-02-2008, 22:44

Wow, I'm E-Famous and didn't even know it haha. :)

Yea as I said before I only had a couple minutes to think, the time was counting fast and I didn't want to lose out completley if they decided to just burn the tree down and plant a new one.

To be honest I didn't get nearly what I should have out of that deal. I'm pretty sure the best of the items the owner had removed prior to anything starting, so I got some decent gear, but nothing epic, and a few million gold. (Maybe 5, no more though.)

Hyster
10-02-2008, 22:47
R8 Stone is 8 or 11m cant remember
should have asked for 10m as the city was still standing

Suitepee
10-02-2008, 23:16
Yes. Every time I play as a sniper on TF2,I usually get backstabbed by a Spy.

Lotharr
10-02-2008, 23:42
This thread reminds me of this:

Page 1 (http://eve.klaki.net/heist/page-1.jpg)

Page 2 (http://eve.klaki.net/heist/page-2.jpg)

Page 3 (http://eve.klaki.net/heist/page-3.jpg)

Page 4 (http://eve.klaki.net/heist/page-4.jpg)

Honorius
10-02-2008, 23:44
Well, seeing as how my gaming history is mainly FFXI, I have yet to be backstabbed, unfortunately.

Rustypipe
10-02-2008, 23:55
In your gaming History have you been BackStabbed and i dont mean like a minor one were you lose some gold / gear i talking about you known the guy 6 months and truly trusted him. and then he fucks you over big time.

Is there any other kind of back stabs :P I knew a friend that would do this he would get away with a killing of stuff when he finally plunged the dagger in :P

TubeSock
10-03-2008, 00:04
Back in the day when people 10+ actually played MapleStory, I met some guy and befriended him over the course of about half a year. We eventually gave each other our passwords. He offered to level me up with a hack he found. I threatened to harm his account if I didn't get mine back. He promised he wasn't BSing so I let him do it. He hacked me like 20 levels and I was like 'Cool, thanks.' So the next day the hack gets patched and hes like oh well and goes offline. Next thing I do, I log out, go on his account, transfer all his valuables to mine, log back onto mine and change my password. I quit the game about a week later cause it was gay.

Xarthas
10-03-2008, 00:08
I´ve been the backstabber in UO since the start of the game around 1997.
Hi wanna be my friend? :)

ClownFoot
10-03-2008, 00:18
So back on shadowbane, there was a server reset. Me and a guy decided to get together and make a town. So we worked super hardcore to get a tree and then we started upgrading the town. I spent a lot of money on that town. We decided the other guy would be guildleader because he had spent a few more gold on the own than I did. Anyway, I log on about a week later, and I am tagless. I look at the town, and it is subbed to another guy. The guy decided to sub to a zerg nation in order to become super power. Apparently I was such a jackass that the zerg's only requirement was that I was banned from the nation. I never was properly recompensated for all the gold either.

I swear, get drunk and make a total ass out of yourself one night on test server and you are suddenly blacklisted on every fucking server. I guess news travels quickly when a population is that low though.

Krylas
10-03-2008, 00:23
Back in the day when people 10+ actually played MapleStory, I met some guy and befriended him over the course of about half a year. We eventually gave each other our passwords. He offered to level me up with a hack he found. I threatened to harm his account if I didn't get mine back. He promised he wasn't BSing so I let him do it. He hacked me like 20 levels and I was like 'Cool, thanks.' So the next day the hack gets patched and hes like oh well and goes offline. Next thing I do, I log out, go on his account, transfer all his valuables to mine, log back onto mine and change my password. I quit the game about a week later cause it was gay.

I approve of your signature.
I remember one time In Runescape (I was like 11) I got scammed out of about 100k, and instead of farming lobster like everyone else I wrote the guys name down, and the world I found him on. Around 11 of my friends played at the time, and the next day we all logged on and I told the guy to meet me in one of the major cities, where we all /followed him for hours.
Anytime he tried to kill something, we would steal it and take the loot. Same with mining, fishing...By the end this guy got was so pissed off that he offered me back double the money if we would stop following him.

TubeSock
10-03-2008, 00:37
I approve of your signature.
I remember one time In Runescape (I was like 11) I got scammed out of about 100k, and instead of farming lobster like everyone else I wrote the guys name down, and the world I found him on. Around 11 of my friends played at the time, and the next day we all logged on and I told the guy to meet me in one of the major cities, where we all /followed him for hours.
Anytime he tried to kill something, we would steal it and take the loot. Same with mining, fishing...By the end this guy got was so pissed off that he offered me back double the money if we would stop following him.

What a dumbass. He could have just set his Friend Chat to off and then changed worlds. You would have never found him.

Toxic Waste
10-03-2008, 02:01
One time, I was playing some stupid small-time MMO (seriously, there were only about a hundred people on any given server (and there were only three servers)) that some dude with no life made in his basement. Anyway, I set up a guild and had half of the amazingly low population in it. My second-in-command tried to kill me (there was permadeath, so that was bad).

The thing about this game, though, was that when it was made, the guy threw out level caps, so you could get as powerful as you wanted and your damage would just multiply. I had invested 100+ hours in this character, because at the time I was fifteen and the game seemed like the shit. It wasn't three dimensional, but the one thing this game had going for it was explosions from spells increased in size as you leveled and dealt damage to everyone caught in them. So I basically blew the guy and his flunkies to pieces with one attack.

Next thing I know, the only guy in the entire game who was stronger than me (probably a forty-year-old virgin) promptly proceeded to do the same to me. I was pissed.

emasame
10-03-2008, 02:11
in d2 once.
nothing else yet

Hyster
10-03-2008, 02:13
One time, I was playing some stupid small-time MMO (seriously, there were only about a hundred people on any given server (and there were only three servers)) that some dude with no life made in his basement. Anyway, I set up a guild and had half of the amazingly low population in it. My second-in-command tried to kill me (there was permadeath, so that was bad).

The thing about this game, though, was that when it was made, the guy threw out level caps, so you could get as powerful as you wanted and your damage would just multiply. I had invested 100+ hours in this character, because at the time I was fifteen and the game seemed like the shit. It wasn't three dimensional, but the one thing this game had going for it was explosions from spells increased in size as you leveled and dealt damage to everyone caught in them. So I basically blew the guy and his flunkies to pieces with one attack.

Next thing I know, the only guy in the entire game who was stronger than me (probably a forty-year-old virgin) promptly proceeded to do the same to me. I was pissed.

Dungeon Runners?

Xtra-Medium
10-03-2008, 02:24
lol heard a story of some guy whose girlfriend left him to have orgies with their wow guild, i guess when you guild steals your girl thats pretty dam fucked up.

Hyster
10-03-2008, 02:26
lol heard a story of some guy whose girlfriend left him to have orgies with their wow guild, i guess when you guild steals your girl thats pretty dam fucked up.

wow that is fucked up

Barbarossa
10-03-2008, 02:55
pics or it didn't happen

Bojangles34
10-03-2008, 02:57
this is often rarely said but this thread belongs in ADD.

Back to your cave troll!

Enticle
10-03-2008, 03:00
Yep, I was scammed by a really good friend, or so I thought. We known each other for around a year and a half on runescape. We talked to each other almost daily and constantly did activities together such as PKing. Around a couple weeks prior he was going through some family problems, and just wasn't such a nice guy anymore. He later ended up asking to borrow my red mask and I had no problems before lending him items, he always returned everything and he also trusted me with his items.

Once I lent the mask to him he immediately logged out, so I figured he just lost connection. Within a day I found out he stole it when I logged onto my other account and saw him logged in and asked him whats happening. Once again he logged out instantly.

The next day I got on my other friends account and I had an idea to hopefully scam him back. I heard about this scam that this other guy pulled off with the recently released lunar magics so I thought I would give it a try. I waited for the scammer to log in, I went to his world and found him in game and said I am quitting runescape and giving away 300m+. The scammer came up and said, show me your items. So I showed him my friends items which consisted of a green p hat and a bunch of other shit. The scammer and another one of my friends played along with this scam I was setting up.

I told them that they needed to have all there items with them, since I only want to give my items to players that are committed to playing this game. So my other friend who was playing along with the scam rushed to the bank and came back with his purple p hat and a bunch of other junk and said that he was ready. The scammer being the greedy bastard that he is, grabbed everything he had and told me that he was ready. I let them know that I was going to teleport them to various areas and the first one to accept would be the winner of each round.

I proceeded to teleport them around until I was finally ready to teleport them to ice plateau. The scammer being the idiot that he was didn't bother to read the warning message that popped up telling him that he was being teleported into the wilderness. He really wanted that 300m that he thought he was going to get. I had my friend that let me use his account log into my account, and he waited at ice plateau ready to pk this fucker. Right as he appeared my friend kept ice barraging him and said, 'dont mess with the best!' (I know that's a lame message but we didn't want him to have any evidence against us.) He was dead in a matter of seconds and we ended up getting 90m from him plus my mask back.

I just wish I saw the look on his face when we fucked him over, especially when he died from my account. The guy that scammed me was also a really good friend of ours, we use to hang out on skype all the time and DK and KQ constantly. It was such a shocker we he decided to scam me out of 40m, especially considering it was such a low amount.

I also had a real life friend scam me out of 5m. I only knew this guy for 3 months, but my best friend knew him since he was in elementary school. One day he asked me for 1000 green d'hide bodies to alch, so being the nice guy I am, I lent it to him and just told him to give me the money back when he's done. The next day I woke up early and checked the forums, and noticed that he was selling 200k+ willow logs. First thing that popped in my head, THAT BASTARD. I called him up and asked him where my 5m was, and he said he got hacked. I said no you didn't, you have the same value of the bodies in willow logs. He said he got them at a drop party, and that he would get my money back within a couple days.

I waited 2 weeks and nothing happened. After constant negotiating with him over $20 worth of rs gold I just thought this was getting ridiculous. Friends shouldn't scam each other, especially when you know each other in real life. It's just wrong, I was beginning to feel sick to my stomach knowing he scammed me. I began getting really pissed off over the fact that I trusted this guy, not the fact that he only took 5m.

I decided to set him up, I told him and my other friend that we should go to the pc cafe the next night. They both agreed and we got dropped off there, right as my friends mom drove away I turned around and sucker punched him (I know it's cheap, but I was really pissed off.) He fell over crying with a bleeding nose, and my friend and I wandered off and smoked a joint and ended up going to the movie theater. I ended up calling his mom since he didn't have a cellphone, and she came to pick him up or so I think. I haven't heard from him since.

All because of a stupid game. :bang:

I will do everything in my power to fuck over a friend that I thought I could trust who fucked me over.

Hyster
10-03-2008, 03:07
I will do everything in my power to fuck over a friend that I thought I could trust who fucked me over.

Same even if it means fucking up his WHOLE guild for 3 months (true story
with SS to prove it)

vrishnag
10-20-2008, 12:11
I've had that done to me two times.

Lost both of my character accounts trusting a "friend" to play my character if they needed to use it for something.

Lost everything because of it.

Since then I don't give my account info out anymore.

Nehemia
10-20-2008, 12:14
Playing against my own clan mates in national cups.

Helgeran
10-20-2008, 12:51
2vs2 Broodwar on bnet. My teammate was a noob but I fought hard and had position over the other two guys and then they started talking in polish and he unallied me.

angelfang
10-20-2008, 14:49
Haven't been backstabbed but one time i played this game where it had an auction hall and there was a feature where you could put up an item for sale designated to a specific person, so only he/she could buy it. This was designed for long distance transactions similar to WoW's mailing system but safer because you could still set the price, and was a great way to move stuff to alts. Well i was moving a valuable piece of armor to my alt, but i mistyped the name just slightly, and behold there really was a guy with that name, and he was online. He took the item within seconds. I knew i was fucked, so i didn't beg him for the item back or anything, i sent 2 msgs to him and he didn't respond, but a while later i looked at the auction hall and the SOB put my item up for sale.

Didn't get backstabbed by someone i trusted though, least not yet

angelfang
10-20-2008, 14:56
Long long ago, in the wilderness of Runescape, there two Clans, both ruled by teenagers, united to defeat another clan. In our newbie green-dragonhide armor on the F2P world, we kicked the ass of another clan.

We were the Dragonlordz. They were the g0dz.The alliance was a great and beautiful one. We were Londoners, they were Welshmen. We were geeks, they were chavs.
I was but 13 years old, and already a Red Dragonlord in the clan. Admittedly, the clan had been created by 2 of my IRL friends, also 13 years old. They were the Black Dragonlord and the White Dragonlord. We made up the ruling triumvirate of the clan.
The hilarious thing is, we recruited a 44-year old woman into the clan, who went by the name of "Bippitee". What It meant, I cannot say. She didn't like PvP much, but was level 80-something at cooking, and made all our healing-food when we went on PvPing ventures alongside the g0dz. But more than that, she provided vital information on many secrets to the triumvirate of Dragonlordz. Yes, vital information. On many secrets.

Together with the g0dz, we united against the clan of Proper_bo. ( I think he meant to be "Proper_bro" but made a typo). And at the Chaos Temple in the wilderness, we harried them before us and stole all their shit.

But a week after Proper_bo sued for peace, it happened. Jimmy, A high-ranking member of the g0dz, and IRL friend of the leader, Clayton, decided to scam me, the red dragonlord, out of 80,000 gold. He was going to invest it into buying a Party Hat, and would then sell the Party Hat for a profit. Or so he said. He kept the 80,000 gold, and denied ever taking it. Clayton backed him up.

And so began an epic struggle. The g0dz and the Dragonl0rdz were evenly matched, initially, so mass recruiting began on both sides, along with mass grinding, and mass farming. It continued into P2P, and I even dropped my Warrior skills and exploited the overpowered Ranger class in order to ensure victory.

By the end of the conflict, I had gained 200,000 gold worth in items, but the clans were both destroyed. We both employed spy-warfare, and eventually whenever we would head into the wilderness to meet each other, the spies would start friendly-firing before the main battle even started. As such, there was no way to maintain control over who was hitting who, and the battles collapsed into free-for-alls.

Thusly was the epic tale of the g0dz versus the Dragonlordz. Such a thing is impossible now, unfortunately, since Jagex nerfed the wilderness. But with the advent of Darkfall, 13-year-olds will once again be able to prove their manhood based on how many items they've stolen, rather than how many levels they've gained!

I have no idea wtf your talking about, but congratz i suppose

iPwn
10-20-2008, 14:58
Back in '04 I used to play Habbo Hotel :P

I used to Befriend people, and add them to msn. Then Id hack their MSN and get their Habbo password, then rob their shit.

Leaving a little postit in their room reminding them of how dumb they were.. and how dumb I was for even playing Habbo.

Sold my account with their shit though. Made a fuck load of money.

Skyborn
10-20-2008, 15:37
My guild had two cities in SB...the second one was mainly for farming...it was right by the ettins spawn...anyway we kept the tags different for a vartiety of reasons so I had one of my guildies running the town...well he began to feel that he owned the town despite it being funded by the main guild...yeah, um, he decided to sell it without telling us...I greifed him every night for three weeks.

biggunsar
10-20-2008, 15:41

Okay....you REALLY REALLY need to get out more. Seriously.

Lysandor
10-20-2008, 16:41
Back in '04 I used to play Habbo Hotel :P

I used to Befriend people, and add them to msn. Then Id hack their MSN and get their Habbo password, then rob their shit.

Leaving a little postit in their room reminding them of how dumb they were.. and how dumb I was for even playing Habbo.

Sold my account with their shit though. Made a fuck load of money.

I'm sure you did...really.

shock223
10-20-2008, 17:00
i've only been backstabbed once and that was in Planetside (not like it mattered anyways, all the stuff you can get in there is instantly replaceable once you respawn)

however, in darkfall, i'll have to wait and see.

:ohno:

Skyborn
10-20-2008, 17:06
i've only been backstabbed once and that was in Planetside (not like it mattered anyways, all the stuff you can get in there is instantly replaceable once you respawn)

however, in darkfall, i'll have to wait and see.

:ohno:

Ok quick grammar lesson, the parenthetical phrase shouldn't be longer than the sentence to which it refers...

Deadman15
10-20-2008, 17:14
Biggest backstab I've ever done.......

About two years ago, me and my friends joined a pvp guild ran by an Iraq vet only to find out the guy is a complete kid, and of course, a liar. The way we confronted him about this, however was epic.

After one of our pvp raids, we asked him to tell us a war story. So he goes on describing his war story, and when hes about mid way through ( :( 30 mins :( ) I suddenly cut into his story and say "Ugh back, that was one big ass bloody dump I just made, anyway, can you start over? I missed it all". After the lols me and my friends had wore off, we confronted him about him lieing to us, needless to say it was the most ownage I have ever done to a person (I've been tallying all the incorrect things he said about Iraq and the military). Because of his deceitfullness we no longer trust him with the guild of course, and because I was the webmaster I was able to remove him and make myself guild leader.

In a matter of a day I became the leader of the top pvp guild on my server, and the leader of a 200 man guild.

Lysandor
10-20-2008, 17:16
That is called a coup.

Hyster
10-20-2008, 17:17
Biggest backstab I've ever done.......

About two years ago, me and my friends joined a pvp guild ran by an Iraq vet only to find out the guy is a complete kid, and of course, a liar. The way we confronted him about this, however was epic.

After one of our pvp raids, we asked him to tell us a war story. So he goes on describing his war story, and when hes about mid way through ( :( 30 mins :( ) I suddenly cut into his story and say "Ugh back, that was one big ass bloody dump I just made, anyway, can you start over? I missed it all". After the lols me and my friends had wore off, we confronted him about him lieing to us, needless to say it was the most ownage I have ever done to a person (I've been tallying all the incorrect things he said about Iraq and the military). Because of his deceitfullness we no longer trust him with the guild of course, and because I was the webmaster I was able to remove him and make myself guild leader.

In a matter of a day I became the leader of the top pvp guild on my server, and the leader of a 200 man guild.

not really a backstab he had it coming lol

Deadman15
10-20-2008, 17:19
not really a backstab he had it coming lol

It was still awesome though.....

akrippler
10-20-2008, 17:22
On UO this guy had a log cabin right next to my villas, over the course of like 6 months we became friends and played together all the time, so I friended him to the house, well.... One day I come back n all my regs are gone, its obvious he did it, plus a buddy of mine said he walked to the house saw the guy doing it then left so he wouldntnotice him. Well we played it off like we didnt think he did it, my buddy made a new char and after about 3 months befriended our new char and his log cabin and everything inside it ended up becoming our log cabin.

Curcio
10-21-2008, 20:00
Backstabbing and me go waaaaayyyy back. It is a love-hate relationship.

I always play spellcasters in all games and rouge-types have always been inside my butthole when I let my guard down... I remember all those times I would get backstabbed in Shadowbane by F*ing thiefs and Ass'ns while sitting down. Stupid ninjas!

Deadman15
10-21-2008, 20:02
Backstabbing and me go waaaaayyyy back. It is a love-hate relationship.

I always play spellcasters in all games and rouge-types have always been inside my butthole when I let my guard down... I remember all those times I would get backstabbed in Shadowbane by F*ing thiefs and Ass'ns while sitting down. Stupid ninjas!

Rogue*

That isn't the type of backstabbing were talking about though.

jamay
10-21-2008, 20:23
I used to play WoW a couple of years ago, and I started a new character from scratch on one of the new servers like 1 day after it went live.
When I was about lvl35 I was invited by a group in scarlet monastery, and the 4 guys were from the same guild, used vent, etc. I haven't been in a real competitive guild so this was news for me. I did a good job heling them for a couple of hours, so a couple of weeks later when I was 45 I got an invite to join their guild.
At that time the guild was in the top 3 of the server, with only about 10-15 lvl 60s. I wa sonly lvl55 but they still invited me on 15-man raids and lvl60 instances, so it was pretty cool. Everyone in the guild helped with resources and money to complete the quests and be the first to get to Onyxia and kill her. There was a really good atmosphere in the guild.

Then in one day, all the lvl 60s in the guild left and joined the top 1 guild which had like 50% of the lvl60 population of the server and i was left being the highest lvl of the guild. A couple of days ago, without any real leaders and with 50 players feeling betrayed, the guild collapsed. I stopped playing about a week later :p

Achromic
10-21-2008, 20:42
Hmmm....I'd say it was twice that I tried to do something but it was with good intentions. It also became a lesson to me and to everyone I talk about MMOs and guilds to NEVER join noob guilds because looking back I got screwed over pretty bad. I WARN people to avoid noob guilds like aids and do their research.

Any who I was playing AO back in I'd say 06 or so and all of a sudden I get a random tell. Someone was on a yalmaha(flying car) and they telled me about joining a guild now thing was I hesitated and I wish I never joined but I said sadly okay. So I wasted the summer just at low levels wasting my time talking to a bunch of people it's not so bad did make friends with some cool people especially one who beta tested the game in beta 3 back in like 2001 or so. I did have to sadly meet four people, well three after a few weeks who are still my enemies and I gotta be honest I would not hesitate to kill in real life. Oddly enough I found out they were all from England and they are disgrace to their nation.

So the GL has comp problems and assigns it to second in command. Second has comp problems just a few days after. So I send him tells and whatnot asking to be GL cause I liked the guild. I did notice they spoke oddly around me... I had a friend in one of their meetings since I was sleeping and they spent like 20 minutes talking about me. Then shit hit he fan a while after GL came back and a friend made a guild so I joined. Sadly I wish I never ran into those people I basically spent the following year and a half a failure in the game. I return back to find my two friends who still played once in a rare while and those pieces of shit(GL and one guy who is REALLY stupid) are in endgame and successful. I'm like wow now that's some wonderful retribution I try and do something nice because these idiots are terrible and the fuckers are successful.

I forgot the other event but I tried to stop these guys from taking over my friends guild and we get in a big ass fight. So they spend the following year randomly making accounts and sending shit to me. I wish I'd petitioned but never did.

After that I never got involved in guild politics. I keep my fingers shut I never type anything in guild chat I try and be as invisible as possible. Never found any guild I liked, I just don't care to be in one honestly but it's necessary. Honestly if I had to do it back again I'd definitely do my best to enjoy MMOs considering that was my first MMO.

Yarpen
10-21-2008, 20:48
Back in the day of UO you could get fame from killing people.
I was new, maybe 2 weeks and I started a guild. Well a few days later I had maybe 10 people in the guild. Mot were newbs, but a few were skilled. Some guy that I was talking to for a few hrs wanted to join our guild. He seemed cool so I guilded him. When we got to the stone and got him guilded he killed me. I was confused because I was new. He rezed me and I accepted it then he did it again then ran off.

I tried to remove him, but there was a bug on guild stones so you could not remove people from the guild. He was still guilded and running around killing our members getting fame and no penalty because he was in the guild. It took 6 or so of us to kill him. He only stayed in for a day, but it was a long miserable day lol. You'd be banking and he would run up to you and kill you then loot you. It ws in Felucca, but being a guild mate he didn't get flagged so you could not call guards.

That sucked!

iluhaftw
10-21-2008, 21:17
Yeah, I've got scammed by a friend I knew for couple of years for 40m in Runescape...

RemeN
10-21-2008, 21:18
I got scammed once..

"I thought that getting gay friends would help improve my fashion sense....

Instead, they fucked me."

Half an interwebz for those that know who said it ;)

tazco
10-21-2008, 21:42

Lol had a stupid friend that knew someone in runescape that he though he could trust so he handed him 5 mill worth of shit and the guy logged.
He never got it back.

Edit: Again runescape when people use to run around and say jagex blocks passwords see *****, so i sat and waited to see something out of the ordanary like a name or something. Sure enough i seen some guy put in a name so i went to try it as his password and it told me the account was online. I changed his pass and waited for him to log, when he did i logged on took eveything he had and vendered it put the money in his invo gave him 3 food and placed him in the highest point in the wild. Then i changed his password back and logged out. Don`t know if he ever made it out alive or not but that will teach you to put your password in chat.

nate4449
10-21-2008, 21:44
I played with some guy in UO siege for a few months, then I threw him out of our house and sold all of his stuff before I quit XD

tarsus
10-21-2008, 21:59
I've never backstabbed a close friend, but I've been backstabbed twice. The first time it was from a guy I knew for over a year. I had him watch my house in UO while I was on vacation and he stole it. It was great PvP and RP wise though cause we went at it for the remainder of our stay on Pacific. The second time, I got backstabbed by an IRL friend in UO. I went back to UO for a little while to check out the AOS expansion which sucked but it was something to do... Anyways, all my IRL friends have each other's account info and he wanted me to move from LA to Napa cause he played there. Well I didn't want to because my other IRL friend played on LA. So my >Napa friend deleted my 18x18 3 story house and placed a house on Napa and was like, now you have no choice bitch.

Hyster
10-21-2008, 22:04
Edit: Again runescape when people use to run around and say jagex blocks passwords see *****, so i sat and waited to see something out of the ordanary like a name or something. Sure enough i seen some guy put in a name so i went to try it as his password and it told me the account was online. I changed his pass and waited for him to log, when he did i logged on took eveything he had and vendered it put the money in his invo gave him 3 food and placed him in the highest point in the wild. Then i changed his password back and logged out. Don`t know if he ever made it out alive or not but that will teach you to put your password in chat.

thats not a backstab!!!! thats teaching a noob a lesson he will never forget lol

tazco
10-21-2008, 22:09
thats not a backstab!!!! thats teaching a noob a lesson he will never forget lol

lol I guess your right can`t be a backstab if he did not know me.

Hyster
10-21-2008, 22:15
lol I guess your right can`t be a backstab if he did not know me.

but that is funny as hell rofl