PDA

View Full Version : Thou has the right to rebell in 4 states and germany.

Tharkon Fargor
10-02-2008, 11:55
Wow!
Damn when a government makes laws as these then you truly know it is a government of the people. I wonder if a modern government will ever do that.

From Tennese "That government being instituted for the common benefit, the doctrine of non-resistance against arbitrary power and oppression is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind."

Holy shit :D

Also France has a similiar clause. :ninja:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_the_Rights_of_Man_and_of_ the_Citizen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_rebellion

:eek:

Move to France, Germany or the 4 states in the US ^^...not that a piece of paper has ever stoped a dictator but still.

hardboiled
10-02-2008, 11:59
Move to Hong Kong, they got no anti-trust laws there.

Tharkon Fargor
10-02-2008, 12:09
Yeah anti-trust laws me luvs.
But they are to right wing for me. I'm thinking of Ireland, Andorra, Lichenstein or something like this if I ever move somewhere to start a business.
I don't enjoy having neon lights where ever I go and big propaganda billboards. It's not really different from mainland china, just with capitalist instead of communist propaganda that I am more or less FORCED to watch.

Malokae
10-02-2008, 12:19
umm, homeskillet, its not just 4 states in the US that reserve that right. If you have ever read the constitution, it says that it is the obligation of every citizen to overthrow the government should it begin to deny the liberties it states. Of course, its only legal if youre the winner, otherwise, youre a terrorist.

Tharkon Fargor
10-02-2008, 12:32
Oh kewl.

Kusghuul
10-02-2008, 12:35
Gotta love the Frogs.

losinglife
10-02-2008, 12:58
way to not post the other 3 states.... slacker!

Matriel
10-02-2008, 13:29
Kentucky Constitution. Section 4 of the Bill of Rights.

"All power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority and instituted for their peace, safety, happiness and the protection of property. For the advancement of these ends, they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may deem proper."

I <3 my state's Constitution pretty hard really.

Viluin
10-02-2008, 16:20

"All power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority and instituted for their peace, safety, happiness and the protection of property. For the advancement of these ends, they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may deem proper."

Kentucky Constitution. Section 8 of the Bill of Rights.

"The people may not be prosecuted for incest."

I bet you do!

DR.NUMBERS
10-02-2008, 16:24
Rights and guarantees only exist as long as someone upholds them.

They don't really mean anything, just words on paper. We've found that out in United States many times *cough* habeas corpus, amongst many others on countless occasions *cough*.

You will possess those rights until it is inconvenient or against their interests for you to continue to do so, then they will be taken away. Boo-hoo.

Fro
10-02-2008, 16:26

Shame it means nothing.

Matriel
10-02-2008, 16:38
Kentucky Constitution. Section 8 of the Bill of Rights.

"The people may not be prosecuted for incest."

I bet you do!

Section 8 is in reference to free speech.

"Printing presses shall be free to every person who undertakes to examine the proceedings of the General Assembly or any branch of government, and no law shall ever be made to restrain the right thereof. Every person may freely and fully speak, write and print on any subject, being responsible for the abuse of that liberty."

Shame it means nothing.

Says the government loving statist UK hack.

Viluin
10-02-2008, 17:04
Section 8 is in reference to free speech.

"Printing presses shall be free to every person who undertakes to examine the proceedings of the General Assembly or any branch of government, and no law shall ever be made to restrain the right thereof. Every person may freely and fully speak, write and print on any subject, being responsible for the abuse of that liberty."

Lies, I thought inbreeding was a national sport in hillbilly states.

Barbarossa
10-02-2008, 17:18
Lies, I thought inbreeding was a national sport in hillbilly states.

Kentucky isn't exactly a 'hillbilly' state.

Killuminati
10-02-2008, 17:20

constitutions are chastity belts on government promiscuity

- Anthony de Jasay

:eek:

Fro
10-02-2008, 17:26

Call me what you want but a constitution is only a minor barrier when the people are too pussified to up hold it.