PDA

View Full Version : Politics: Truth.com

losinglife
09-24-2008, 07:01
seriously, these assholes need to stop making commercials. FUCK

It reminds me too much of all the asshole retards that did acting in highschool.

On a side note, PA's smoking ban went into effect a few weeks ago. :(

Behhemoth
09-24-2008, 07:02

It reminds me too much of all the asshole retards that did acting in highschool.

Holy shit I just saw a commercial for that and I was thinking the same thing o.0

losinglife
09-24-2008, 07:06
i know right! how can you not think that when they air.

Behhemoth
09-24-2008, 07:14
Yeah I saw the one for smoking cigerettes may cause you to not beat your wife. And then they did the little musical dotdeda lalala and its like.. if you smoke already, and you don't smoke then yeah you could possibly beat your wife, so who is the real dumbass?

Mneh
09-24-2008, 09:03
Yeah I saw the one for smoking cigerettes may cause you to not beat your wife. And then they did the little musical dotdeda lalala and its like.. if you smoke already, and you don't smoke then yeah you could possibly beat your wife, so who is the real dumbass?

what

Fluffington
09-24-2008, 11:42

I think you missed the point of the commercial.

Vanno
09-24-2008, 11:50

What you said?

Fluffington
09-24-2008, 11:54
What you said?

The commercial was about the damage second hand smoking can do to wives, not the musically good times that could be had doing it.

Vanno
09-24-2008, 11:57
The commercial was about the damage second hand smoking can do to wives, not the musically good times that could be had doing it.

Ooooh. Well personally I think that is a plus for second hand smoke. Women tend to outlive their husbands as it is, and that doesn't seem fair.

Lethn
09-24-2008, 12:02
smoking certainly has been proven to cause cancer, but wife beating? LOL

p.s. I support banning of smoking in public areas, being able to breathe without having smoke blown in your face is actually rather nice for me, people smoke anyway in the UK but they seem to have the decency now to do it where there are less people.

Spart
09-24-2008, 12:21
You know what anti-smoking ads I hate? The ones where they show them wringing tar out, or cutting open some tube to show you the greasy disgusting paste in their. They are always on around 6-8pm, which is such horrible timing seeing as most people are eating dinner at this time.

losinglife
09-24-2008, 13:45
p.s. I support banning of smoking in public areas, being able to breathe without having smoke blown in your face is actually rather nice for me, people smoke anyway in the UK but they seem to have the decency now to do it where there are less people.

gay.

You know what the best answer to not having to breath smoke being blown in your face, or whatever your butt hurt is crying about, is not to go were people are smoking!!!

Its kinda like not making babies, the 100% way is to not have sex. Its just that simple.

Scully
09-24-2008, 15:02
gay.

You know what the best answer to not having to breath smoke being blown in your face, or whatever your butt hurt is crying about, is not to go were people are smoking!!!

Its kinda like not making babies, the 100% way is to not have sex. Its just that simple.

How about smokers gtfo of OUR way instead?

jonyak
09-24-2008, 15:19
How about smokers gtfo of OUR way instead?

I mean we are the majority... non smokers that is.

Attau
09-24-2008, 15:24
Really. Why should I have to avoid any location smokers choose to gather? Do you feel the need to avoid where nonsmokers gather? Can you tell the difference?

Knocky
09-24-2008, 15:25
It never will happen, but the simple solution to tobacco is to make it illegal to PROFIT off the sale of tobacco.

That way the addicts can grow their own shit and tobacco use will significantly decrease.

Maize
09-24-2008, 15:30
Wtf ever happened to equal rights? You know, I'd love to walk down the street and not be harassed by every god-damn person who thinks they are somehow better than me because they don't smoke. The disgusted looks, the dumbass who always pops out saying " Duurrrrr thos give you cAAAAncer!", people who cough as I walk respectfully out of their way so my smoke doesn't go anywhere near them. I want to be free to do as I wish, without some condescending douche bag judging my character on something so irrelevant. I live in America, and I say Fuck You.

Lethn
09-24-2008, 15:32
lol I have nothing against people who smoke personally, what I hate is the people that smoke that think they can act like complete douchebags while doing it :p

Carl Ragadamn
09-24-2008, 15:32
The Truth.com tools use tactics that are a reflection of what they are complaining about. This tells me they are more interested in their agenda than anything else, like truth.

I personally have been advocating that the Tobacco companies all just stop selling their product in the US. Its the fastest way to bankrupt the country, since all state governments fund hundreds of millions of dollars worth of government on the back of smokers.

jonyak
09-24-2008, 15:33
Wtf ever happened to equal rights? You know, I'd love to walk down the street and not be harassed by every god-damn person who thinks they are somehow better than me because they don't smoke. The disgusted looks, the dumbass who always pops out saying " Duurrrrr thos give you cAAAAncer!", people who cough as I walk respectfully out of their way so my smoke doesn't go anywhere near them. I want to be free to do as I wish, without some condescending douche bag judging my character on something so irrelevant. I live in America, and I say Fuck You.

welcome to america... you have every right to smoke just as much as they have every right to hate you.

Maize
09-24-2008, 15:35
lol I have nothing against people who smoke personally, what I hate is the people that smoke that think they can act like complete douchebags while doing it :p

It goes both ways man :) I hate the people who don't smoke who act like complete douchebags whilst not doing it.

Knocky
09-24-2008, 15:37

For the most part the looks are because you STINK!

You foul the air worse than a flatulating cow.

Carl Ragadamn
09-24-2008, 15:42
For the most part the looks are because you STINK!

You foul the air worse than a flatulating cow.

To bad for you that they have the right to do so, just like hippies have the right to never bathe.

ZeaL-
09-24-2008, 15:44
Smokers are usually very abusive people. They have no decency at all. Standing and waiting for a stoplight to change is pure hell when you have smokers by you.

Lethn
09-24-2008, 15:48
I don't know which part of that sentence to correct first Zeal but... Holy crap that's one of the most idiotic and stereotypical viewpoints I've seen on this board so far.

ZeaL-
09-24-2008, 15:54
I don't know which part of that sentence to correct first Zeal but... Holy crap that's one of the most idiotic and stereotypical viewpoints I've seen on this board so far.

It usually is true when it comes to annoying 18 year old teenage brats who think they are cool. I think their parents failed at raising them unfortunately. Also read your own post you hypocrite you even acknowledge what I'm talking about. Or do you have some form of mental retardation?

jonyak
09-24-2008, 15:57
It usually is true when it comes to annoying 18 year old teenage brats who think they are cool. I think their parents failed at raising them unfortunately. Also read your own post you hypocrite you even acknowledge what I'm talking about. Or do you have some form of mental retardation?

I vote for mental retardation.:D

trichlor
09-24-2008, 16:02
gay.

What's your stance on people making babies in restaurants?

Keep in mind you can't discriminate on looks.

jonyak
09-24-2008, 16:03
What's your stance on people making babies in restaurants?

Keep in mind you can't discriminate on looks.

I am all for it. I wish there were more places I could go, eat and watch a couple fuck..

Maize
09-24-2008, 16:10

Thank you.

losinglife
09-25-2008, 04:55
I am all for it. I wish there were more places I could go, eat and watch a couple fuck..

add that i could get fucked at into there and i totally agree.

Kaz*
09-25-2008, 05:03

No that particular commercial is about something else.
A corporate big shot of a tobacco company was being interviewed and he said something to the effect of
"Smoking helps relieve stress for some. If you quit smoking you might end up beating your wife to relieve your stress"

So they decided to make a whole commercial about it.

Honestly, I think the only thing worse then Truth.com are the people who come up to you and start talking to you about smoking and the damage it does to you. No shit? I am going to get cancer, emphysema and a host of other diseases? Well damn, I thought that was just a rumor.

Tzacharu
09-25-2008, 05:11
Ooooh. Well personally I think that is a plus for second hand smoke. Women tend to outlive their husbands as it is, and that doesn't seem fair.

I like the way you think.

losinglife
09-25-2008, 13:42
Honestly, I think the only thing worse then Truth.com are the people who come up to you and start talking to you about smoking and the damage it does to you. No shit? I am going to get cancer, emphysema and a host of other diseases? Well damn, I thought that was just a rumor.

I know right? Fuckin people. Its like they are gonna live forever anyways :rolleyes:

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 13:45

Good I hope you inconsiderate smoking fucks have to commute 100 miles to a smoking dome in the future so you stop:

- Smoking in front of an exit/entrance to a building
- Stop smoking in stairwells from your car to front of said building.
- Stop getting on my elevators smelling like a dirty ashtray and making me stink in the process.

Smokers are inconsiderate assholes - I mean you fuckers can't even be bothered with smoking DOWN WIND from a door, you just light up dead in front of it like nobody else matters BUT YOU.

Fuck you - smoke more and die faster I say.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 14:24

Banning smoking in public is bullshit and I bet you are one of those people that bitch about our "freedoms" being taken away by the goverment, yet you are for taking the freedom of choice away from the person and putting in the hands of the goverment.

Dont want to be around smoking? Then don't go into places that allow smoking. Its not rocket science.

It should be up to the person that owns the place to make their own rules. PERIOD.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 14:28
Good I hope you inconsiderate smoking fucks have to commute 100 miles to a smoking dome in the future so you stop:

- Stop getting on my elevators smelling like a dirty ashtray and making me stink in the process.

Smokers are inconsiderate assholes - I mean you fuckers can't even be bothered with smoking DOWN WIND from a door, you just light up dead in front of it like nobody else matters BUT YOU.

Lol i love these kinds of people. Just because you smoke does not mean you will die faster then a non smoker. Get a god dam clue.

Death can happen to anyone, anytime reguardless of their health or habits.

You could die tomorrow driving, better ban cars.
You could die tomorrow walking, better ban walking.
You could die tomorrow riding a bike, better ban bikes.
You could die tomorrow for anything, better ban everything.

Its fucking stupid to tell someone else what do with their lives. Its NOT UP TO YOU, its up to each person to choose for themselfs.

I am a non smoker but it is not my right to tell other not to smoke.

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 14:29
Lol i love these kinds of people. Just because you smoke does not mean you will die faster then a non smoker. Get a god dam clue.

Death can happen to anyone, anytime reguardless of their health or habits.

You could die tomorrow driving, better ban cars.
You could die tomorrow walking, better ban walking.
You could die tomorrow riding a bike, better ban bikes.
You could die tomorrow for anything, better ban everything.

Its fucking stupid to tell someone else what do with their lives. Its NOT UP TO YOU, its up to each person to choose for themselfs.

I am a non smoker but it is not my right to tell other not to smoke.

Hey assface, I'm not telling you what to do, the point of my post was how INCONSIDERATE you fuckers are.

Smoke yourself silly, but why are you fuckers so rude about it? And as for the health thing - smoke 2 packs a day for 20 years and tell me you're going to live longer than me. :rolleyes:

Carl Ragadamn
09-25-2008, 14:30
I love the Truth.com ppl because they use tactic similar to what was used by the first national leader to advocate not smoking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tobacco_movement_in_Nazi_Germany

Just remember kids, tobacco is the red mans revenge for the white man bringing them liquor.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 14:35
Hey assface, I'm not telling you what to do, the point of my post was how INCONSIDERATE you fuckers are.

Smoke yourself silly, but why are you fuckers so rude about it? And as for the health thing - smoke 2 packs a day for 20 years and tell me you're going to live longer than me. :rolleyes:

First off you moron, you dont know how long you are going to live, so I may just live longer then you. They are rude because people like you force them to go out of their way to smoke, instead of allowing them to smoke while they work or drink or anything else. So why should they care about you when you make their lives harder because you some how feel it will make you live longer.

Second, I am a NON SMOKER way to read my post.

You need to stop this bullshit about how smoking will kill you faster, yes it COULD, could being the key word here. Just like you COULD die driving to work or you COULD die walking to the mailbox or like you COULD die riding a bike.

Its stupid people like you that ruin the world for the rest of us.

Freedom of choice is the only thing that matters, everyone shoud have the choice on what they want to do with their lives. PERIOD.

Lethn
09-25-2008, 14:36
lol Tdog, of course I support freedom but for one thing I don't see why someone should be abusing their freedom by blowing smoke into my face that can cause cancer and as people have said there are jerks out there who smoke regardless of where they are or the people that are around them. The majority of good smokers I've heard about though have really never had much of an issue with it to begin with because they didn't smoke in places they shouldn't or had the decency to not blow it in peoples faces constantly, hell even one of my friends at Games Design made sure when he smokes outside while we're all walking that he doesn't get it in peoples faces because he hates it too when it happens to him.

Also it's proven FACT that smoking causes cancer, looking up, it's only common sense that smokers shouldn't spread the side effects of their habits onto others.

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 14:36
First off you moron, you dont know how long you are going to live, so I may just live longer then you.

Second, I am a NON SMOKER way to read my post.

You need to stop this bullshit about how smoking will kill you faster, yes it COULD, could being the key word here. Just like you COULD die driving to work or you COULD die walking to the mailbox or like you COULD die riding a bike.

Freedom of choice is the only thing that matters, everyone shoud have the choice on what they want to do with their lives. PERIOD.

Are you fucking retarded or did your mother just drink when she was preggo with you?

THE POINT OF MY POST AND THE FOLLOW UP POST WAS HOW INCONSIDERATE SMOKERS ARE. <PERIOD>

Dense much? What the fuck. :bang:

Tdog
09-25-2008, 14:39
Are you fucking retarded or did your mother just drink when she was preggo with you?

THE POINT OF MY POST AND THE FOLLOW UP POST WAS HOW INCONSIDERATE SMOKERS ARE. <PERIOD>

Just as inconsiderate you people are to smokers, you look and treat them like killers. Why cant they smoke where they want to? because people like you cry about stupid ass shit.

Yes Smoking can cause cancer, so can alot of other things, do you want to ban everything that can cause you to die?

Maybe if you worried about others instead of yourself you would understand.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 14:40
lol Tdog, of course I support freedom but for one thing I don't see why someone should be abusing their freedom by blowing smoke into my face that can cause cancer and as people have said there are jerks out there who smoke regardless of where they are or the people that are around them. The majority of good smokers I've heard about though have really never had much of an issue with it to begin with because they didn't smoke in places they shouldn't or had the decency to not blow it in peoples faces constantly, hell even one of my friends at Games Design made sure when he smokes outside while we're all walking that he doesn't get it in peoples faces because he hates it too when it happens to him.

Also it's proven FACT that smoking causes cancer, looking up, it's only common sense that smokers shouldn't spread the side effects of their habits onto others.

Yea and nothing else can cause cancer? So are you for banning everything that can cause cancer?

yes some people are assholes about it, but that does not mean you make it harder and harder for people to smoke.

Look this has nothing to do with the assholes that smoke and blow it in your face, this had everything to do with the fact that if they choice to smoke at a bar, you have no right to bitch about it and get it banned. You can just leave the bar and go to one that does not allow smoking.

If the business owner wants to allow smoking in their business, then you should be able to smoke. It shoud NEVER be up to the goverment to decide what the business can and cannot allow. Its up to the customers that support or dont support that business after the owner makes his choice.

I am just so sick of this bullshit. Everyone is going to die, their is nothing you can do about it, reguardless of banning smoking in public places, people are still going to die of cancer, so all your doing is making sure more business go out of business and ruin more lives then your saving.

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 14:41
Just as inconsiderate you people are to smokers, you look and treat them like killers. Why cant they smoke where they want to? because people like you cry about stupid ass shit.

Yes Smoking can cause cancer, so can alot of other things, do you want to ban everything that can cause you to die?

Did I mention cancer once in my post? No.

Do I need to smell like a smoker just because they are inconsiderate? Apparently according to you, yes I do.

Do you know what inconsiderate is? Look it up if you have trouble with the concept.

Let's say that smoking wasn't bad for you in any way, shape, or fashion. IT STILL SMELLS LIKE SHIT SO WHY CAN'T THEY BE CONSIDERATE WHERE AND HOW THEY DO THEIR THING?

Man I'm done with you, you read the first word and last sentence of a post then start running your fucking mouth. Put down the ADD and actually read before you talk.:rolleyes:

jonyak
09-25-2008, 14:43

wow you are a moron.

you have the right to smoke as long as it doesn;t infringe on my right to not smoke.

Spinewire
09-25-2008, 14:43

i used to smoke and i was considerate....

People are just assholes, some of them just happen to smoke, way to stereotype nub cake.

On a side note tho he is very very very dense

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 14:46
i used to smoke and i was considerate....

People are just assholes, some of them just happen to smoke, way to stereotype nub cake.on a side note tho he is very very very dense

My statements are based on life experience - by and large 90+% of people that I see smoking are completely inconsiderate and unaware / uncaring of the people around them.

They just care about themselves and could give two shits about when and where they decide to indulge in their nasty habit. And lets not forget that they always toss their cigarette butts out the window. Don't want to keep that and throw it away somewhere, that's just too much to ask.

:rolleyes:

Spinewire
09-25-2008, 14:48
My statements are based on life experience - by and large 90+% of people that I see smoking are completely inconsiderate and unaware / uncaring of the people around them.

They just care about themselves and could give two shits about when and where they decide to indulge in their nasty habit. And lets not forget that they always toss their cigarette butts out the window. Don't want to keep that and throw it away somewhere, that's just too much to ask.

Probabaly just 90% of all people are cunts then but the ones that smoke just happen to stand out.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 14:50
Did I mention cancer once in my post? No.

Do I need to smell like a smoker just because they are inconsiderate? Apparently according to you, yes I do.

Do you know what inconsiderate is? Look it up if you have trouble with the concept.

Let's say that smoking wasn't bad for you in any way, shape, or fashion. IT STILL SMELLS LIKE SHIT SO WHY CAN'T THEY BE CONSIDERATE WHERE AND HOW THEY DO THEIR THING?

Man I'm done with you, you read the first word and last sentence of a post then start running your fucking mouth. Put down the ADD and actually read before you talk.:rolleyes:

Again, if you had any common sense at all. You could use another door or ask them nicely to move a little away from the door but no instead you just bitch and moan about the problem.

And it smells like shit to YOU, that does not mean others do not like the smell, you need to learn the world is not about YOU.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 14:53
wow you are a moron.

you have the right to smoke as long as it doesn;t infringe on my right to not smoke.

You are right, they can smoke as long as it doesn't infringe on your right not to smoke but using that logic, why can't they smoke in public places. It is just as easy for you to avoid those area's that have smokers.

The problem is that you non smokers are infringing on their right to smoke.

AND FOR THE LAST GOD DAM TIME, I AM NOT A SMOKER. So maybe you are the moron.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 14:56

You are being just as inconsiderate to them by not allowing them to smoke where they choose to smoke, instead you make them out to be some kind of evil person because they smoke.

People are assholes, reguardless of if they smoke or not.

jonyak
09-25-2008, 15:00
You are right, they can smoke as long as it doesn't infringe on your right not to smoke but using that logic, why can't they smoke in public places. It is just as easy for you to avoid those area's that have smokers.

The problem is that you non smokers are infringing on their right to smoke.

AND FOR THE LAST GOD DAM TIME, I AM NOT A SMOKER. So maybe you are the moron.

well here is the difference. your right to smoke whereever you want makes me not be able to breath. I am allergic to tobacco... I choke up, have trouble breathing if there is tobbacco smoke in the air. plus it causes cancer.

when me breathing close to you has the same effect then you have a case.

Spinewire
09-25-2008, 15:01
You are being just as inconsiderate to them by not allowing them to smoke where they choose to smoke, instead you make them out to be some kind of evil person because they smoke.

People are assholes, reguardless of if they smoke or not.
You should not have to ask people to show common courtesy, that fact you need to ask them shows they are inconsiderate. Smoking near people who are eating, not hold the cig away from a person that is walking past you, smoking in a fucking doorway when people inside are non smokers it's all inconsiderate.

Basic manners imo, seems most people just lack them or think they have some god even right to do whatever the fuck they want and not give 2 shit about anyone else.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 15:08
well here is the difference. your right to smoke whereever you want makes me not be able to breath. I am allergic to tobacco... I choke up, have trouble breathing if there is tobbacco smoke in the air. plus it causes cancer.

when me breathing close to you has the same effect then you have a case.

Again, Then it is up to YOU to avoid tobbacco smoke in the air, not on the smoker. You people need to understand the world is not about you.

Everything gives you cancer, do you want to ban everything that causes cancer then?

I can agree that people need to start caring about others but you cannot blame smokers for not caring about non smokers anymore because the non smokers are basicly taking away thier right to smoke.

(I am NOT a SMOKER, nor was I ever a smoker)
I just believe in Freedom of choice.

jonyak
09-25-2008, 15:14
Again, Then it is up to YOU to avoid tobbacco smoke in the air, not on the smoker. You people need to understand the world is not about you.

Everything gives you cancer, do you want to ban everything that causes cancer then?

No it is not up to me to avoid it. it is up to the smoker to not pollute my air.

it is up to the party that is producing the offensive, harmful toxic waste to not impose that upon others.

why can't you understand that?

Tdog
09-25-2008, 15:15
You should not have to ask people to show common courtesy, that fact you need to ask them shows they are inconsiderate. Smoking near people who are eating, not hold the cig away from a person that is walking past you, smoking in a fucking doorway when people inside are non smokers it's all inconsiderate.

Basic manners imo, seems most people just lack them or think they have some god even right to do whatever the fuck they want and not give 2 shit about anyone else.

Your right in a perfect world, which we should all be able to agree on is not the case at all.

In reality, all it takes is a few seconds to ask (nicely) for someone to move away from the door or ask them to use another area to smoke if it bothers you that much.

The issue is the smokers are focred to go outside to smoke, why should they care what the non smokers think when they (non smokers) are the ones that forced them outside to smoke in the first place.

Its like the seat belt law here in Michigan (no idea if it is a national law). You have to wear your seat belt when driving or you can get pulled over and given a $65 dollar ticket. I never wear my seat belt because I was in an accedent at age 16 that would have killed me if I was wearing my seat belt.

Now I have gotten 2 seat belt tickets so far but I have not paid a single penny for them yet, I went to court for both tickets and both times it was throw out. My arguement was very simple, you can tell me what to do in the car I am paying for when you pay for my car.

ZeaL-
09-25-2008, 15:16
This is unbelievable! You are proposing people basically move away when a smoker comes through since they have the right to do whatever they want without repercussions. That would be like saying they could walk up to me and blow a huge cloud of smoke in my face while telling me, "Deal with It".

jonyak
09-25-2008, 15:17
This is unbelievable! You are proposing people basically move away when a smoker comes through since they have the right to do whatever they want without repercussions. That would be like saying they could walk up to me and blow a huge cloud of smoke in my face while telling me, "Deal with It".

he doesn't get the fact that smoking is bad. it is a healt risk, some people are allergic to it. It is the smokers who are imposing there toxic smoke on people who don't want it. so it is them who have to bend. the people breathing air and not smoking are not infringing on anyones life or rights. hence why smokers must move.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 15:19
No it is not up to me to avoid it. it is up to the smoker to not pollute my air.

it is up to the party that is producing the offensive, harmful toxic waste to not impose that upon others.

why can't you understand that?

No see you dont understand.

It is not up to the smoker who is not doing anything wrong. He is following the laws by going outside to smoke. Laws that the non smoking public voted to put in place.

It is up to YOU to avoid the smoke if YOU have a problem with the smell or smoke, not up to the smoker to know you have a problem with the smoke and to avoid smoking near you.

It is not up to anyone but you to avoid something that is harmful to you.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 15:21
he doesn't get the fact that smoking is bad. it is a healt risk, some people are allergic to it. It is the smokers who are imposing there toxic smoke on people who don't want it. so it is them who have to bend. the people breathing air and not smoking are not infringing on anyones life or rights. hence why smokers must move.

No see you dont get the fact that the smoker is doing nothing wrong, they are allowed to smoke. Just because you do not smoke does not mean the smoker must go out of his way to avoid you.

Yes smoking is a health risk, so is driving, eatting, walking, running, doing anything else.

I bet you guys also want to force kids to wear helmets when rollerblading and biking too because it is a health risk to bike and rollerblade.

Take responisbility for yourself for once instead of blaming others.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 15:25

If they have a problem with smoke then yes it is up to them to move away from the smoker. Why should the smoker change their life to make your life better?

Its like saying, Well I cannot eat garlic because it makes me sick, so nobody in this restaurant can eat it either because it might touch my food and make me sick. No, its my responisbility to not eat garlic, nobody elses.

Spinewire
09-25-2008, 15:38
If they have a problem with smoke then yes it is up to them to move away from the smoker. Why should the smoker change their life to make your life better?

Its like saying, Well I cannot eat garlic because it makes me sick, so nobody in this restaurant can eat it either because it might touch my food and make me sick. No, its my responisbility to not eat garlic, nobody elses.
Garlic does not float about in the air, maybe if i came upto you and started spitting garlic in your mouth and then told you it is up to you to close your mouth and it is my right to spit garlic where ever the fuck i want you would feel a bit differently.

TBH for all the non smokers i'm just glad you don't smoke because you seem to be a bit of a cock.

jonyak
09-25-2008, 15:42
Garlic does not float about in the air, maybe if i came upto you and started spitting garlic in your mouth and then told you it is up to you to close your mouth and it is my right to spit garlic where ever the fuck i want you would feel a bit differently.

TBH for all the non smokers i'm just glad you don't smoke because you seem to be a bit of a cock.

I have given up on him. no point in trying to make him see his error.

Honest Bill
09-25-2008, 15:46
Personally i think second hand smoke is diabolical... I'm sick of all these people sucking up all my smokey air. I paid for that cigarette, go and buy your own you scroungers!

Spinewire
09-25-2008, 15:47
Personally i think second hand smoke is diabolical... I'm sick of all these people sucking up all my smokey air. I paid for that cigarette, go and buy your own you scroungers!
rofl, it's the same as people complaining they have been spiked in clubs free drugs? why moan imo.

Honest Bill
09-25-2008, 15:49
rofl, it's the same as people complaining they have been spiked in clubs free drugs? why moan imo.

Precisely... Freeloaders, that's what they are, you give 'em a nice tab, kindly put them im a taxi, and do they show any gratitude? do they fuck

Tdog
09-25-2008, 16:03

Look the garlic example is to show you guys that just because something makes me sick does not mean others cannot do it around me.

Smokers are doing nothing wrong, they are allowed to smoke, tell them they are not allowed to smoke because it can make you sick is not right, no matter how you spin it.

If a smoker blows smoke in your face and tells you to deal with it, I would kick his ass personally but he did not break any laws in blowing that smoke in your face.

stalwart
09-25-2008, 16:09
OP: a judge said the tobacco companies had to spend X amount of money on these commercials. they aren't going away.

Spinewire
09-25-2008, 16:38
Smokers are doing nothing wrong, they are allowed to smoke, tell them they are not allowed to smoke because it can make you sick is not right, no matter how you spin it.
Should i be allowed to walk around with a plutonium neckless on?

Blowing out cancer causuing smoke in an envrioment that most people don't want to breath it in, yet it is up to the people who don't like it to vacate. Riiiiiight.

I used to smoke and i think your logic is retarded.

It is now illegal to smoke in confined public places in the UK.

Apex Vertigo
09-25-2008, 16:39
My roommate smokes and I was forced to ask him to do it somewhere else, I'll be damned if I'm going to live in an ashtray. He stopped doing it though.

Also, my girlfriend smoked. I clearly told her I would not like to date a smoker because I don't want to make out with something that repulses me.

I can see where all the non-smokers are coming from, I'm the same way. The smell is sickening, the feel is gross, and I don't see why I have to avoid places because someone willingly decides to spray toxins around the air. I'm going to bring a pot of boiling hot water and throw it around me randomly and tell everyone to just stay away from me if they don't like pain. I'm not saying smoking should be outlawed, I believe natural selection is playing out right now, I mean if people are willing to pay money to suck poison into their lungs then by all means go for it, I can only hope you get the full affect of the substance you are inhaling, but I would like to be able to go to a restaurant without having to lose my appetite because of someone else and I'd like to be able to concentrate in class without having to smell the repugnant stench of the foreign 40 year old woman that occasionally sits next to me during a class... I've had to move seats twice now because I seriously can't stomach to smell.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 16:48
My roommate smokes and I was forced to ask him to do it somewhere else, I'll be damned if I'm going to live in an ashtray. He stopped doing it though.

Also, my girlfriend smoked. I clearly told her I would not like to date a smoker because I don't want to make out with something that repulses me.

I can see where all the non-smokers are coming from, I'm the same way. The smell is sickening, the feel is gross, and I don't see why I have to avoid places because someone willingly decides to spray toxins around the air. I'm going to bring a pot of boiling hot water and throw it around me randomly and tell everyone to just stay away from me if they don't like pain. I'm not saying smoking should be outlawed, I believe natural selection is playing out right now, I mean if people are willing to pay money to suck poison into their lungs then by all means go for it, I can only hope you get the full affect of the substance you are inhaling, but I would like to be able to go to a restaurant without having to lose my appetite because of someone else and I'd like to be able to concentrate in class without having to smell the repugnant stench of the foreign 40 year old woman that occasionally sits next to me during a class... I've had to move seats twice now because I seriously can't stomach to smell.

See my point is. Is it not up to the owner of the restaurant to decide if they wish to allow smoking or not to allow smoking?

If that restaurants chooses to allow smoking, they you do not have to eat their. It is pretty simple logic.

People are allowed to smoke, non smokers that do not want to be around smokers have the choice not to be around smokers.

Just like you asked your roomate to not smoke in the house/apartment, people can ask other smokers not to smoke near the door to the office.

Its crazy you guys cannot get it though your head that its should not be up to you what others do. The only person that you can control is you.

Stop trying to blame others for your lazyness. If someone is smoking near a place you "Have" to go, then simply ask him to move further from the door or ask him to blow the smoke in another direction. It is really not that hard and most people as long as you ask nicely will not have a problem with it.

My roomate smokes, most of my friends smoke. I do NOT smoke. I dont like the taste of them but It is not my right to tell them to stop, it is my right to ask them not to blow the smoke in my face and to not smoke when they are in my car.

What do you not understand?

Atnas
09-25-2008, 17:00
Now I have to check the link. Thanks for the free commercial.

Capricious
09-25-2008, 17:45
Smokers are free to smoke, but I shouldn't be forced to smell that shit. I just love how my clothes smell like ass after being near a smoker.

Should I be allowed to jerk-off and blow my load wherever I want?

(I agree that businesses should be able to choose, but if you are in public place or a shared living space - go fuck yourself)

Apex Vertigo
09-25-2008, 17:58
Smokers are free to smoke, but I shouldn't be forced to smell that shit. I just love how my clothes smell like ass after being near a smoker.

(I agree that businesses should be able to choose, but if you are in public place or a shared living space - go fuck yourself)

Hmm, yes, Agreed.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 18:01

Well if you fart in a public place and I dont like the smell should I be able to ban you from farting in public?

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 18:28

Thank you.

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 18:32
Your right in a perfect world, which we should all be able to agree on is not the case at all.

In reality, all it takes is a few seconds to ask (nicely) for someone to move away from the door or ask them to use another area to smoke if it bothers you that much.

The issue is the smokers are focred to go outside to smoke, why should they care what the non smokers think when they (non smokers) are the ones that forced them outside to smoke in the first place.

Its like the seat belt law here in Michigan (no idea if it is a national law). You have to wear your seat belt when driving or you can get pulled over and given a $65 dollar ticket. I never wear my seat belt because I was in an accedent at age 16 that would have killed me if I was wearing my seat belt.

Now I have gotten 2 seat belt tickets so far but I have not paid a single penny for them yet, I went to court for both tickets and both times it was throw out. My arguement was very simple, you can tell me what to do in the car I am paying for when you pay for my car.

100% of the time, when I ask a smoker to move or not smoke in a stairway they react just as you have in this thread - with indignation that I would dare approach them and ask a simple thing, or react like my request is completely absurd and I should just enjoy the cloudy air with them and stfu about it.

The people that smoke, that are CONSIDERATE never have to be asked or told what to do, they do it out of COMMON COURTESY. That's the point you keep failing to realize. The people smoking right outside of a door aren't 'excercising their rights' they are being selfish assholes and could give a fuck about anyone else. Hence my point, the one you have yet to defeat.

But good job sounding like an idiot after having your argument shredded for page upon page. :bang::idea:

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 18:33
No see you dont get the fact that the smoker is doing nothing wrong, they are allowed to smoke. Just because you do not smoke does not mean the smoker must go out of his way to avoid you.

Yes smoking is a health risk, so is driving, eatting, walking, running, doing anything else.

I bet you guys also want to force kids to wear helmets when rollerblading and biking too because it is a health risk to bike and rollerblade.

Take responisbility for yourself for once instead of blaming others.

Question on this -

If smoking is so benign, why do HOSPITALS have the largest area reserved around buildings for NON SMOKING areas?

I'll give you a hint, it's not because it's good for you.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 18:47
Question on this -

If smoking is so benign, why do HOSPITALS have the largest area reserved around buildings for NON SMOKING areas?

I'll give you a hint, it's not because it's good for you.

Never said smoking was healthy. Again I am not a smoker.

Tdog
09-25-2008, 18:51
100% of the time, when I ask a smoker to move or not smoke in a stairway they react just as you have in this thread - with indignation that I would dare approach them and ask a simple thing, or react like my request is completely absurd and I should just enjoy the cloudy air with them and stfu about it.

The people that smoke, that are CONSIDERATE never have to be asked or told what to do, they do it out of COMMON COURTESY. That's the point you keep failing to realize. The people smoking right outside of a door aren't 'excercising their rights' they are being selfish assholes and could give a fuck about anyone else. Hence my point, the one you have yet to defeat.

But good job sounding like an idiot after having your argument shredded for page upon page. :bang::idea:

I am sorry you feel you have control over everyone else and how they act. Yes their are assholes in this world, figured you would have figured that out for yourself by now. They are excercising their right to smoke however reguardless of them being an asshole or not about it.

What do you not understand? They have the right to smoke, they also have the right to be an asshole if they choose.

Your wrong, I have asked plenty of people to move further from a door, or to not blow smoke in my direction and they have no problem doing what I ask.

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 18:52
Never said smoking was healthy. Again I am not a smoker.

I know you're not a smoker, I never claimed you were. (reading comprehension once again) But you are talking for them, so I am addressing my points towards smokers in general. I never said 'Tdog, being a smoker is an assbag' etc..

With that in mind, you and your premise were defeated pages ago, even by a retired smoker. :ohno::lmao:

Ragnika
09-25-2008, 18:56
Awwww...page 6 already?! Come on hurry up keep going!!

Khumash-Gor
09-25-2008, 19:10
meh, i could care less about people smoking.

i think its bullshit that restaurants and bars cant decide what type of people they want to cater to.

i believe that non smokers are more obnoxious than smokers (see above posts :rolleyes:)

i personally dont smoke. i do use chewing tobacco though, maybe that makes me biased.....

i absolutely fucking hate the -truth commercials.

everything gives you cancer, whats the big deal?

Tdog
09-25-2008, 19:25
I know you're not a smoker, I never claimed you were. (reading comprehension once again) But you are talking for them, so I am addressing my points towards smokers in general. I never said 'Tdog, being a smoker is an assbag' etc..

With that in mind, you and your premise were defeated pages ago, even by a retired smoker. :ohno::lmao:

No I have not read anything so far that makes it okay to ban smokers from smoking in public places because it hurts non smokers.

Non smokers still have a choice to avoid those public places, just the like the smokers have the right to smoke.

You can keep on thinking you defeated my premise but you have not.

If you ban smoking from public places because its could cause death to non smokers, then you need to ban everything that can cause death.

NapalmEnema
09-25-2008, 19:35
No I have not read anything so far that makes it okay to ban smokers from smoking in public places because it hurts non smokers.

Non smokers still have a choice to avoid those public places, just the like the smokers have the right to smoke.

If you ban smoking from public places because its could cause death to non smokers, then you need to ban everything that can cause death.

Is all of Michigan retarded, or did you just corner the market?:confused:

Capricious
09-25-2008, 19:43
Well if you fart in a public place and I dont like the smell should I be able to ban you from farting in public?

Farts dissipate in a short amount of time.

Smoke...stays on your clothes and other objects.

ZeaL-
09-25-2008, 20:02
Where I live we have already have implemented the proper laws which hinder smokers from being inconsiderate and rude. It has worked so far and no one is really complaining except smokers who want to be rude idiots everywhere they go. Especially in a crowded city its absurd to believe we should let you do whatever you want in sidewalks that a ton of people pass by everyday.

losinglife
09-26-2008, 05:24

thanks, but i am not smoker asshat. Who is the inconsiderate asshole now

Behhemoth
09-26-2008, 05:31
Farts dissipate in a short amount of time.

Smoke...stays on your clothes and other objects.

Yeah but we all know every breath we take in, even though we don't smell it, contains particles that came out of somebodies ass.

losinglife
09-26-2008, 06:25
OP: a judge said the tobacco companies had to spend X amount of money on these commercials. they aren't going away.

i was making fun of how shitty the commercials are, not how many of them pop up on tv.

losinglife
09-26-2008, 06:27
i think its bullshit that restaurants and bars cant decide what type of people they want to cater to.

This...

Also, PA can thank the casinos for this law not being an outright ban. Apparently if more than 20% of a locations sales come from food then smoking is banned. However there is ways around this, one of them is a Take Out section on orders.

So i guess not ALL bars are forced to ban smoking, they are just forced to fudge food sales if they want to allow it.

Carl Ragadamn
09-26-2008, 06:31
Ha around here the Bars just become private clubs with $5 a year membership fees and tell the government to fuckoff they are not serving the public.

losinglife
09-26-2008, 06:49
Ha around here the Bars just become private clubs with $5 a year membership fees and tell the government to fuckoff they are not serving the public.

they can sorta do that here, and it lets them stay open till 3am (twirls finger). Strip clubs have it the best tho. Pay to get in, "free boos" and you can stay open till whenever i think, or at least 4.

Maize
09-26-2008, 06:50

There is such a thing as shades of grey, man. This isn't an all or nothing situation.

Say it's legal to carry guns around on the street. Some people will choose to own a gun, and carry it in public, and then there will be people who will choose not to own a gun. Is it then right for the person carrying a gun around to pull it out and wave it in a non-gun carrier's face just because he can? It's idiocy and people's inconsiderate actions that get restrictions and bans placed on us in the first place.

And as a smoker, the bans and restrictions don't particularly bother me. I could care less if I have to stand fifteen feet from a business or step aside to have a square. I have legs I can use them. If it bothers someone to have stale secondhand tobacco smoke being shoved down their windpipe, I'll move. I'm the one smoking, so I'm the one impeding. I'd do the same even if I didn't get a massive fine for breaking a smoking law.

The only thing that irks me about the whole thing is the attitudes many non-smokers show towards smokers when they so much as see the person with a cigarette. It doesn't matter how far away you are from them, or that you walk however far away to give them some free space and air, they still glare at you and act like you are waving a proverbial gun in their face. A couple days ago a lady walked past my house on the opposite side of the street, turned around, and came back to rant at me about cancer and pollution and the health of her children. From the street, up onto my porch, and into my little bubble of smoke to bitch at me about fucking up her air.

Aranin
09-26-2008, 07:02
american anti-smoking ads are weak.....

tbh i prefer the australian approach....graphic :)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-YjrkBYDDQM&feature=related

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvsVgu4Bgi4&feature=related

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lEc-Rsv9pMc&feature=related

Behhemoth
09-26-2008, 07:07
aren't their commercials mostly about smokeless tobacco products? aka not cigarettes.
just thought I'd point that out.