PDA

View Full Version : Politics: Mods say the funniest things

Durindana
09-22-2008, 03:06
Does anybody else's heart leap up when they see a locked thread, so they can scroll to the end and see what kind of diss the locking mod laid down? It's pretty much always more lol-worthy than the thread itself.

Case in point recently

I'll summarize it for you:

Villa: Racism!
Trolls: Lawl you're racist
Someone who takes the thread too seriously: Wall of text

Any other good examples? Mod PMs count too

(And no this isn't mod-sucking. They can blow me)

xKilljoy187
09-22-2008, 03:08
I'm hoping that one or two leave some fine examples in this thread.

Fluffington
ear Fluffington,

You have received an infraction at Darkfall Forums.

Reason: TWO - You may not excessively communicate the same idea, phrase, or create spam within the community; you may not create any thread or post for the sole purpose of causing unrest in the community; you may not cause any sort of disturbance within a thread with the intent of ruining it; and you may not make one line posts such as IBTL, IBTB, BUMP, etc. Moderators are at their full discretion to enforce the spirit of this rule.
-------
Don't make spam threads.
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

HAHAHAHA!

Beorg
The Mods are pretty professional in the way they burn people, the (15 Minutes Later) "Ohh, I get it!" kind.

Tzacharu
09-22-2008, 03:14
I believe you will find this thread ironic when it is locked. ;)

Durindana
09-22-2008, 03:18
I believe you will find this thread ironic when it is locked. ;)

well if that happened I'd definitely hope for a lulzworthy lock post, but I don't think it violates the ToS tbh

Everto
09-22-2008, 03:18
I do all the time.

Fluffington
09-22-2008, 03:20
well if that happened I'd definitely hope for a lulzworthy lock post, but I don't think it violates the ToS tbh

The ToS only outlines what you should not do, if you are fucking around and they don't like it, they will stop it. The mods answer to Brannoc, a reaper from deep space trying to take down the universe, not to the ToS.

Maize
09-22-2008, 03:21
Mod replies are professionally scripted and guaranteed to deflate ego and send idiotic forumfallers cascading into a dark abyss of confusion and suicidal thoughts. I chuckle to myself whenever I see a particularly good burn.

Wickfield

Did you read the ToS? At the end it pretty much says that all rules are secondary to the mods discretion, and they can do whatever the fuck they want.

But no, this thread sure as hell isn't going to get locked, no sir.

Metal Wolf
See sig.

Urvad Litast
09-22-2008, 03:22
All the mods send me private messages and make me feel special.

surGeonFFS
09-22-2008, 03:24
It's easy to look cool when you always get the last word.

I have 7 infractions in almost a year. Is this alot?

Wickfield
All the mods send me private messages and make me feel special.

Do they ever tell you to do things that society would consider unethical or violent?

Fluffington
Mod replies are professionally scripted and guaranteed to deflate ego and send idiotic forumfallers cascading into a dark abyss of confusion and suicidal thoughts. I chuckle to myself whenever I see a particularly good burn.

If that is their intended purpose, then they sometimes punish people for what they do! I will not stand for this injustice.

Temet nosce
09-22-2008, 03:39
Does anybody else's heart leap up when they see a locked thread

Yes. I have to admit the mods here are pretty good about mocking the Op/the people who posted in the thread. It's like they have some professional desire to make sure their work entertains. My hat's off to them.

Fluffington
09-22-2008, 03:41
Yes. I have to admit the mods here are pretty good about mocking the Op/the people who posted in the thread. It's like they have some professional desire to make sure their work entertains. My hat's off to them.

Your idea of proffesional is making fun of people? You suck.

Temet nosce
09-22-2008, 03:45
Your idea of proffesional is making fun of people? You suck.

Why, are you saying Carlin wasn't professional? I'm insulted sir! Positively insulted!

*sniffs from a scented handkerchief*

Your smell offends me barbarian! In fact your face does as well! Be gone with you!

Mordare
09-22-2008, 03:46
deleted

Fluffington
Why, are you saying Carlin wasn't professional? I'm insulted sir! Positively insulted!

*sniffs from a scented handkerchief*

Your smell offends me barbarian! In fact your face does as well! Be gone with you!

Exceptions to every rule.

Durindana
Counterexample: Alucard mailing it in (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=70179) up in noob central

edit: although I suppose that is the one to place to exercise some restraint

Carl Ragadamn
09-22-2008, 04:50
Counterexample: Alucard mailing it in (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=70179) up in noob central

edit: although I suppose that is the one to place to exercise some restraint

Given the rate they have to lock threads up there, I would get burned out of witty things to say too.

Kietharr
09-22-2008, 05:20
See sig. The PM/E-mail that accompanied that ban stated that I've made the creepiest thread he's ever had to lock.

Maas
09-22-2008, 05:24
You need to take a class in witty repartee before you are given moderation powers.

HawksBrigade
09-22-2008, 05:24
maybe i can print out darkfalls website and read about the game while i walk in the sun
Perhaps take a handheld with you? Printing everything they've said about this game would kill far too many trees.

that made me giggle, sad but true

TubeSock
09-22-2008, 06:23
ONE - You may not excessively communicate the same idea, phrase, or create spam within the community; you may not create any thread or post for the sole purpose of causing unrest in the community; you may not cause any sort of disturbance within a thread with the intent of ruining it; and you may not make one line posts such as IBTL, IBTB, BUMP, etc. Moderators are at their full discretion to enforce the spirit of this rule.

/infraction

Oh wait, that isn't a forum command.

Just like /troll

Please don't do it again : )
-------

Original Post:
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=1706242

/troll'd

I hate you for that Maas.

Metal Wolf
09-22-2008, 06:24
You need to take a class in witty repartee before you are given moderation powers.
How the hell did you pass. Must give good blowjobs. I'm surprised Brannoc didn't name you Selina.

Ezion
09-22-2008, 06:28
Heck yeah, if a thread gets locked I always check the end just on the off-chance there's a witty comment.

"Goddamn newbie trolls, try harder next time."

Sargon
09-22-2008, 06:29
How the hell did you pass. Must give good blowjobs. I'm surprised Brannoc didn't name you Selina.
Selena.