PDA

View Full Version : What to play till beta

Adareth
09-20-2008, 12:38
All this huff about beta comming to life soon has gotten me real excited. As it turns out, i need a game that will entertain me until the beta starts (provided i luck into getting in) or until the game comes out for retail.

So, what do you guys play, or would recommend playing until then.

PS: Sorry bout this being a literal copy paste from the advanced forum, but i guess this isn't on topic.

palo god
09-20-2008, 12:39
Use search.

Aragoni
09-20-2008, 12:39
I'll play Warhammer Online, Dwarf Fortress, Europa Universalis 3, Victoria: Revolutions, Hearts Of Iron 2 and Knights Of Honor. :)

BlackVolgan
09-20-2008, 12:49
patching warhammer online now with capped internet. Mythic screwed up all the newzealand and australian copy's of war with a corupt .exe file. So we all have to download a new patch... maj0r gay

Shads
09-20-2008, 13:00
I'll play Warhammer Online, Dwarf Fortress, Europa Universalis 3, Victoria: Revolutions, Hearts Of Iron 2 and Knights Of Honor. :)

That game was awesome, too bad it appeared at about the same time as M:TW2.

BTW the guys that made that game (Black Sea Studios) just released another title, it sounds like an interesting tactical RTS: WorldShift (http://www.worldshift-game.com/).

Haven't played it but plan on getting it in about a week, anyone tried it yet?

Thoric
09-20-2008, 13:01
Mount & Blade, S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, Bionic Commando Rearmed. Just a few recent entertaining games.

Aragoni
09-20-2008, 13:11
That game was awesome, too bad it appeared at about the same time as M:TW2.

BTW the guys that made that game (Black Sea Studios) just released another title, it sounds like an interesting tactical RTS: WorldShift (http://www.worldshift-game.com/).

Haven't played it but plan on getting it in about a week, anyone tried it yet?

Haven't played Worldshift yet, no. Is it just a standard RTS? I mean... It feels unnecessary to buy a game which is like Starcraft.

Dredgon
09-20-2008, 13:18
play with your penis, it really helps to pass time.

P.s. If you don't have one buy one!

Shads
09-20-2008, 13:19
Haven't played Worldshift yet, no. Is it just a standard RTS? I mean... It feels unnecessary to buy a game which is like Starcraft.

From what I can tell it looks like a sort of hybrid between Diablo and Starcraft - no bases, boss hunting, quests, unique abilities/artefacts that you get as you kill bosses, random maps, fast paced action. TBH I don't know what to think of it, especially since it seems there aren't any reviews out yet.

Aragoni
09-20-2008, 13:23
From what I can tell it looks like a sort of hybrid between Diablo and Starcraft - no bases, boss hunting, quests, unique abilities/artefacts that you get as you kill bosses, random maps, fast paced action. TBH I don't know what to think of it, especially since it seems there aren't any reviews out yet.

Sounds kewl... Gonna download the demo if there is one :)

Madrandomize
09-20-2008, 13:25
Some times people in this fora ask for it.

FAP till death.

Or play WAR.

Cidius
09-20-2008, 13:37
I just hate that stupid developers can ruin game ideas like TimeShift.

The idea was to create a FPS where you could slow and stop time.

I mean if Valve made something out of this, it would first have lots of different enemies, then it would have bosses with some platform jumping, and it would probably have the portal gun too since now Valve is going to stick that idea to every new game they make.

Adareth
09-20-2008, 13:38
FAP till death.

Or play WAR.

Interesting choices

I have played WAR for a while during beta and wasn't too impressed. Can't place my finger on it but something about it isn't fun.

Temet nosce
09-20-2008, 13:42
Interesting choices

I have played WAR for a while during beta and wasn't too impressed. Can't place my finger on it but something about it isn't fun.

What you don't love World of Warhammer!? Surely this must mean you're a heathen who's trying to be "different" since noone could possibly dislike the latest WoW clone.

Try some console gaming, Too Human just came out and Gears of War 2 is due out in a month or so.

Or you could try Forumfall if you have a brain and thick skin.

Madrandomize
09-20-2008, 13:43

You do not need a brain.

I surely don't have one.

Adareth
09-20-2008, 13:44
Try some console gaming, Too Human just came out and Gears of War 2 is due out in a month or so.

Haha, amusing. I've played wow for ....god.... too long.

I quit after realizing that blizzard ruined pvp at 70. Time sinks aren't fun.

Madrandomize
09-20-2008, 13:47
For a change i will try and suggest something serious.

Try mount and blade,its real time combat,bloody and has many rp elements.It has outdated graphics but nice gameplay and you also get yourself prepared for darkfall's combat.

Temet nosce
09-20-2008, 13:48
You do not need a brain.

I surely don't have one.

That doesn't count as playing Forumfall though. You have to post long complicated opinions that are derogatory to anyone who makes so much as a single mistake in between ruthlessly crushing the self respect of any noobs. (ok, so maybe playing Forumfall requires more arrogance than anything else, but hey at least the posts are interesting)

Adareth
09-20-2008, 13:50
These forums are pretty active, i might take up active participation of Forumfall

GRCPan
09-20-2008, 13:53
Play The Witcher enhanced edition. It's one of the best games ever.

Madrandomize
09-20-2008, 13:55
These forums are pretty active, i might take up active participation of Forumfall

Many have tried,few have survived.

That's what they say usually.

Adareth
09-20-2008, 13:55
Play The Witcher enhanced edition. It's one of the best games ever.

The Witcher looked interesting, alas, i don't have the money to throw at all the games that look fun. Do they have a demo?

Donny
09-20-2008, 14:09
none

Madrandomize
09-20-2008, 14:10
i don't have the money to throw at all the games that look fun

So naive .....

Or do you play it so you can fool us?Imposter.

Skeeto
09-20-2008, 15:26
well i don't know about you guys but i'm gonna play some super mario bros, classics never die

Jonkar
09-20-2008, 15:26
Age of Chivalry is the best game you can play to prepare for Darkfall beta.

Adareth
09-20-2008, 15:32
Age of Chivalry is the best game you can play to prepare for Darkfall beta.

That name sounds familiar... Is that one of those steam mod games?