PDA

View Full Version : If you don't vote, you're a moron.

Jester814
09-14-2008, 12:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdRVQ4xwwmQ

Funny, well said, mostly neutral, and dead on right.

Helgeran
09-14-2008, 12:14
If you don't vote you're lazy.

Barbarossa
09-14-2008, 12:16
That guy makes me think what Jon Stewart would be like if he were drunk and coked up all at once.

Not funny.

Zwarp
09-14-2008, 12:17
If i don't vote is because I'm not paid to.

Surly
09-14-2008, 12:22
He called our government a Democracy, fuck him.

Pumpkin
09-14-2008, 12:23
If the system was actually working a large-percentage of non-voters would trigger a long-overdue genocide on the political cast.

Since this isn't the case the system clearly isn't working and voting isn't important.

Checkmate Atheists!

[LoD] EE
09-14-2008, 12:23
I'm not voting because everyone who I can vote for are fucking morons.

Obama = I dont trust him and I am fucking tired of hearing the word CHANGE
McCane = Old and jiggly and I dont trust him

As you can see below, I wanted RuPaul for president

tallefred
09-14-2008, 12:27
Great stuff. Reminded me that I still need to register, so thank you for that.

Jester814
09-14-2008, 12:28

If he did I missed it. But it's kind of silly to call him out on that considering the overall message he's trying to get out.

Bissen
09-14-2008, 12:28

Surly. Yes you're a constitutional (as of 1913 federal) republic. None the less you have democratic elections and thus you guys are a democracy.

You can call an apple a potato. It's still and apple.

Jester814
09-14-2008, 12:32
If the system was actually working a large-percentage of non-voters would trigger a long-overdue genocide on the political cast.

One can hope...

Surly
09-14-2008, 12:34
Surly. Yes you're a constitutional (as of 1913 federal) republic. None the less you have democratic elections and thus you guys are a democracy.

You can call an apple a potato. It's still and apple.The term you're searching for is democratic republic, not democracy. Voting alone is not what creates a democracy, merely the colloquial attribute of "democratic".

wertyn
09-14-2008, 12:36
EE;1691604']I'm not voting because everyone who I can vote for are fucking morons.

wtf? My 85 year old grampa with Alzheimers can form a more intelligent opinion about the candidates then you.

Salaman
09-14-2008, 12:41
EE;1691604']I'm not voting because everyone who I can vote for are fucking morons.

So you just write the whole thing off even though president of the United States is just but one of the many things you can vote on during the general election :rolleyes:

I mean, between both the national scale of the election + electoral college, your vote for president doesn't have much meaning compared to voting for congressmen, state level candidates, and propositions and the like. I put a lot more effort into researching and making an informed decision about those things than the president where I plan to either vote for Barr or just write in Ron Paul (it's not a fucking horse race, people should stop treating it like they need to pick the winner)

Spart
09-14-2008, 12:58
The term you're searching for is democratic republic, not democracy. Voting alone is not what creates a democracy, merely the colloquial attribute of "democratic".

Stop trolling.

[LoD] EE
09-14-2008, 13:07
So you just write the whole thing off even though president of the United States is just but one of the many things you can vote on during the general election :rolleyes:

I mean, between both the national scale of the election + electoral college, your vote for president doesn't have much meaning compared to voting for congressmen, state level candidates, and propositions and the like. I put a lot more effort into researching and making an informed decision about those things than the president where I plan to either vote for Barr or just write in Ron Paul (it's not a fucking horse race, people should stop treating it like they need to pick the winner)

Damn right I am writing it off. I can put all the blame on all of you for voting in one of these two morons. I am not voting because I dont like EITHER person. Both, in my opinion, are going to be bad for this nation. Both was to allow these fucking parasites to get a free pass, I dont agree with that, in fact, that is one of my biggest selling points on the next president is illegal immigration. If I Vote for anyone, Ron will be written in. I still need to register to vote in the new state I am in hhe. I still need to get a drivers License too, been driving on my Cali license. Oh.. Register the cars and truck too.

I've been lazy.

Bissen
09-14-2008, 13:54
The term you're searching for is democratic republic, not democracy. Voting alone is not what creates a democracy, merely the colloquial attribute of "democratic".

Potato, retardo.

'Democracy' is a form of government in which the supreme power is held completely by the people under a free electoral system.

Stop trolling.

And what he said.

Eskareon
09-14-2008, 15:02
It's not our "duty" to vote. It's our freedom, our luxury. I'd rather people don't vote than vote out of sheer pressure. Let's be frank - many voters don't really know the details of any candidate's platform and plans, and so they vote based on which one they "like" the most; an altogether shallow, hypocritical, and dangerous voting method.

Ezion
09-14-2008, 15:10
Stop trolling.

The United States of America—usually referred to as the United States, the U.S., or America—is a constitutional federal republic comprising fifty states and a federal district.

Also, you should only vote if you actually know what you're voting for, instead of blindly checking off names on a ballot.

Killuminati
09-14-2008, 15:15
it's kind of silly to call him out on that considering the overall message he's trying to get out.

a fucking retarded one.

Silverhandorder
09-14-2008, 15:33
It is retarded message because he talked about two major parties. WTF there are more then 2 parties.

Bissen
09-14-2008, 15:38
Also, you should only vote if you actually know what you're voting for, instead of blindly checking off names on a ballot.

Again.

'Democracy' is a form of government in which the supreme power is held completely by the people under a free electoral system.

YOU ARE A DEMOCRACY. Whether you like or not!

You might be a republic aswell. But democracies are qualified by free elections! Now shush...

Ezion
09-14-2008, 15:44
You are aware that we don't actually vote for the presidents in our presidential elections, merely voting for the electors of the candidate, who in turn make the final decision. And that the electors we elect don't necessarily have to vote how we want them.

Goty
09-14-2008, 15:47
I've never voted. I can't find reason to drag my ass out there to vote. I can guarantee that whoever is going to win will win whether I voted or not, and either way, we'll be fucked. Puppet on the left or puppet on the right, either way, it feels to me as if the GO VOTE! ideal is simply there to allow the people to feel as though they actually had a hand in the "change".

Hell, even then, you're voting based off the promises of the silver tongued politicians who'll say anything to appeal to the largest number - and in the end, you'll be hard pressed to find many candidates who'll actually stick to what they've promised. Flip Flopping? They all do it, and it's bullshit. It's all bullshit. Obama, McCain? Doesn't matter. Politics. Ugh.

Bissen
09-14-2008, 15:51
You are aware that we don't actually vote for the presidents in our presidential elections, merely voting for the electors of the candidate, who in turn make the final decision. And that the electors we elect don't necessarily have to vote how we want them.

Yes. I am. And are you aware that that system is UTTER UTTER BULLSHIT! Now fix it! Instead of dwelling in an electoral system that belongs in 1776.

And by the way. The system you're describing is indeed a democracy aswell. It's just an ancient one.

Killuminati
09-14-2008, 15:57
I've never voted. I can't find reason to drag my ass out there to vote. I can guarantee that whoever is going to win will win whether I voted or not, and either way, we'll be fucked. Puppet on the left or puppet on the right, either way, it feels to me as if the GO VOTE! ideal is simply there to allow the people to feel as though they actually had a hand in the "change".

Pretty much

Scottc1988
09-14-2008, 16:06

I saw a commercial for McCane that said "Real Change"

Skree
09-14-2008, 16:08
Hell, even then, you're voting based off the promises of the silver tongued politicians who'll say anything to appeal to the largest numberand lowest common denominator, <insert religious political group here>.

Skree

WhySoSerious
09-14-2008, 16:10
i thought the thread title said "if you dont vote you are a mormon"

Septus
09-14-2008, 19:00
@ all the non-voters: If you voted 3rd party, there'd be actual pressure for the two parties to change their bull shit. If you don't vote, there is no pressure for them to change.

@Surly: there are numerous names; how about "representative democracy." Seriously, narc more?

Death's Chill
09-14-2008, 19:03

You can still vote for Bob Barr.

Killuminati
09-14-2008, 19:04
You can still vote for Bob Barr.

A Jr. Republican? Nah

Death's Chill
09-14-2008, 19:15
A Jr. Republican? Nah

What he stands for matters more than what his party is. Ron Paul proved that.

Killuminati
09-14-2008, 19:18
What he stands for matters more than what his party is. Ron Paul proved that.

Yah, he stands for flip flopping. He has a voting record which is pretty bad. Not as bad as the main candidates, but its close. Also he is part of the retard club of people who were like. Oh I'm sorry guise I voted for the patriot act without reading it...I mean its not my fault really!!! I was fooled by the name!! :rolleyes:

Voting for him would be hypocritical and I would be doing something lame like voting for him because he has the Libertarian label stamped on himself this upcoming election.

Death's Chill
09-14-2008, 19:26
Well I'm just pulling suggestions out of the air here, for those who love the lesser of the evils model. I don't. I won't vote. Ron Paul was the only guy that I liked. But out of everyone running, Bob Barr is probably the best.

Spineless_DoO
09-14-2008, 20:00

You can call an apple a potato. It's still and apple.

We are a constitutional republic. That is a long way off from a democracy and thank god.