PDA

View Full Version : so i just got my wisdom teeth out

emasame
09-13-2008, 20:18
and i have a huge strap around my head, i look pretty funny.
it was pretty easy.

Drunkenork
09-13-2008, 20:20
and i have a huge strap around my head, i look pretty funny.
it was pretty easy.

Wait until tomorrow urg, If you got any vico's keep them popped! Also, don't use ice if you can, slows the healing.

Everto
09-13-2008, 20:20
I heard you can't drink through a straw, or eat much.

Did it hurt like a bitch? Have a headache?

I have to get mine out soon, and there is a BUNCH AND SHITLOADS of tissue on mine, so it's going to HURT.

emasame
09-13-2008, 20:22
well, it was pretty painless.
i was originally going to get zonked out but then changed my mind.
didnt feel much of any pain, just some gnarly pressure and sounds.

i got a prescription for motrin, didnt get any super pain killers.

oh and i feel totally fine, i just cant talk atm.

ClownFoot
09-13-2008, 20:23
lol, you suck. I got mine out a few years back and got wicked meds.

Slaker
Congratulation!!!

Drunkenork
weak! Hope the pain does stay manageable for you. Best of luck.

emasame
09-13-2008, 20:24
i took a pic with my phone, you guys know how i can upload it to my comp?
its pretty sexy.

Yantheman
09-13-2008, 20:24
I had mine out a while ago. The novocaine turned my entire lower jaw numb, including my chin and lips so it felt like this rubbery plate that I would occasionally chomp down on while speaking or eating. Very peculiar.

emasame
09-13-2008, 20:26
I had mine out a while ago. The novocaine turned my entire lower jaw numb, including my chin and lips so it felt like this rubbery plate that I would occasionally chomp down on while speaking or eating. Very peculiar.

lol yea, forgot to mention that...
i cant feel my lip at all, its more funny than anything though
it doesnt feel like its mine.
and it feels like a boob, i Think.

LordTenacious
09-13-2008, 20:31
Wait until tomorrow urg, If you got any vico's keep them popped! Also, don't use ice if you can, slows the healing.
Wuss. I didn't get pills for mine. And actually, icepacks are a good idea for after your oral surgery because it slows down and then stops the swelling of the gums.

pookums
09-13-2008, 20:36
They wouldn't let me have ice cream after I had mine out. I was very disappointed.

Gaal
09-13-2008, 21:06
When I got mine out when I swelled up like a retard and starved for a week because I couldn't eat anything. I lost around 5 pounds.

Drunkenork
09-13-2008, 21:21
Ice packs ya, not ice though, directly I mean.

Teutates
09-13-2008, 21:23
My mouth is just large enough for them, they may join the club with all the other teeth.

Lachrymose
09-13-2008, 21:24
Wuss. I didn't get pills for mine. And actually, icepacks are a good idea for after your oral surgery because it slows down and then stops the swelling of the gums.

i didn't use pills either. shit, i think i worked the day after i got mine out. but to be fair, i only had 2 wisdom teeth.

Delwyn
09-13-2008, 21:53
Haha, my genes are good enough that none of them caused any trouble.

Scully
09-13-2008, 22:22
"i have a huge strap around my head"

Why? ><

Raxxor
09-13-2008, 22:46
Didn't need pills either,till I kinda accidently ate soup 1 hour after getting them out.Hurt like shit and so I grabbed the pills anyway..

Scully
09-13-2008, 22:48
nvm

Yantheman
09-13-2008, 22:48
How long did it take to get yours out? My doc only took 12 minutes (this is after telling me i didnt have any wisdom teeth a year ago after bringing up the wrong x ray. Turns out I had four) to get all of mine out and I actually have some annoying slices in my mouth that are from the scarring. Basically, can I sue that harlot for malpractice or what?

-Havoc-
09-13-2008, 23:02
I got mine taken out about a month ago. When I started coming out of the anesthetic, I asked, "when we starting?", mom right next to me said, "the procedure's over, the wisdom teeth are gone". Basically I started started tripping out right there in the doctors office rambling on about amnesia and wanting some answers.

Lol.

ClownFoot
09-13-2008, 23:07
Basically I started started tripping out right there in the doctors office rambling on about amnesia and wanting some answers.

You should have gone Jason Bourne on their asses.

-Havoc-
09-13-2008, 23:12
You should have gone Jason Bourne on their asses.

I left the part out about how she had to hold me down while shouting for help. Lol, the convo went like this...

me: uaagghhh...when do we start..?
mom: they've finished, the wisdom teeth are gone.
me: eeeaahh...what....WHAT!?!? What the FUCK...!? <shakily trying to get up> where that doctor at, <babbling about amnesia and shit>, i want some answers!
mom: No!! <tries to hold me down> Someone, help!!

I can't do drugs, I become pretty dangerous, and mom knows it, lol.

emasame
09-13-2008, 23:21
How long did it take to get yours out? My doc only took 12 minutes (this is after telling me i didnt have any wisdom teeth a year ago after bringing up the wrong x ray. Turns out I had four) to get all of mine out and I actually have some annoying slices in my mouth that are from the scarring. Basically, can I sue that harlot for malpractice or what?

took close to an hour i Think
but i could be wrong, all that drilling and stuff could make me exaggerate.

Delwyn
09-13-2008, 23:52
I got mine taken out about a month ago. When I started coming out of the anesthetic, I asked, "when we starting?", mom right next to me said, "the procedure's over, the wisdom teeth are gone". Basically I started started tripping out right there in the doctors office rambling on about amnesia and wanting some answers.

Lol.

Your mom was there?

LordTenacious
09-13-2008, 23:56
i didn't use pills either. shit, i think i worked the day after i got mine out. but to be fair, i only had 2 wisdom teeth.

I had four taken out and still went to a course that I signed up for at my local comm. college that night (A course I didn't get credit for when I went to "real" college, so to speak.)

Jadeine
09-13-2008, 23:58
I had my wisdoms pulled about 4 yrs ago, had 3 of 4 done the day before I picked my baby up from the hospital to go home (she was 6 mos old, was a preemie, finally released to go home for first time) and I got a real bad infection in my lower jaw bone and had a knot swell up on the side of my face bout the size of a golf ball. Talk about a pain in the arse to have major toothache and a new baby home lol. Mine were all laid down sideways and had to be cut out in sections. Hurt like a mofo for a week or so and got some knarly pain meds. I just got a tooth pulled yesterday (the last molar b4 the wisdom tooth spot) and I gotta say that it is hurting worse than when I had my wisdoms removed, they had to drill a hole in my lower right side of my jaw bone to get it numb cuz they couldnt get the tooth numb cuz I had a fracture in the tooth. I know several ppl thats had their pulled with no problem, if your one of them-Lucky You!

Lachrymose
09-14-2008, 00:07

Lol.

apparently, the dentist had to strap me down because i started throwing punches in the air after the anesthesia. i wish i could have recorded it...

pookums
09-14-2008, 00:11
apparently, the dentist had to strap me down because i started throwing punches in the air after the anesthesia. i wish i could have recorded it...

That was a funny story : >

hostileEffect
09-14-2008, 00:14
I don't think I want to know what would happen if I got put under... I think it would be very bad...

I'm passed 18Y/o now and I don't think the insurance pays for wisdom teeth removal due to my age, not only that but I don't think we could afford to have them removed. Dentist with their X-rays trying to tell me that they are going to come in all screwed up when they seem to be doing just fine. One is pretty much fully in and the other two are taking there sweet time. I think there is a fourth one but its taking its sweet time showing up too..

-Havoc-
09-14-2008, 04:39
Your mom was there?

Yeah, when going under intravenous anesthetic, you MUST have a designated driver, they even had me sign a statement and she had to sign a designated driver statement aswell.

Trust me, I wasn't able to drive, I would've wrecked.

DR.NUMBERS
09-14-2008, 04:45
Haha, my genes are good enough that none of them caused any trouble.

Same here, no one on either side of my family has had to have any pulled.

Graysin
09-14-2008, 04:49
when i had my wisdom teeth taken out i got an attivan some demoral and a t3, they yanked the top teeth out but had to crack the bottom ones and pull them out through a hole they had to cut, piece by piece.. but i was a man about it and only got t3's and went diving the day after and lost some stiches...

VidarDf
09-14-2008, 04:51
Cross your fingers for no dry socket..

Gloomrender
09-14-2008, 04:54
Yeah, when going under intravenous anesthetic, you MUST have a designated driver, they even had me sign a statement and she had to sign a designated driver statement aswell.

Trust me, I wasn't able to drive, I would've wrecked.

Wussssssssssssy.