PDA

View Full Version : Swg

Yatenkaiohu
09-10-2008, 04:09
Hay.

Is anybody still playing Star Wars Galaxies? I know they totally f'ed it up back with the CU, but it's actually good again I guess. Of course it will never compare to how old SWG is, but if you're a vet you should check into it.

If you do play on Bria ;D

Irodim
09-10-2008, 04:17
I played for the free vet month. It has improved. But I don't feel like paying for it.

LanMandragon
09-10-2008, 04:45
Hay.

Is anybody still playing Star Wars Galaxies? I know they totally f'ed it up back with the CU, but it's actually good again I guess. Of course it will never compare to how old SWG is, but if you're a vet you should check into it.

No it is not. It is epic fail. No one who loved pre cu could love that abortion of a game.

darknessedge
09-10-2008, 04:57
No it is not. It is epic fail. No one who loved pre cu could love that abortion of a game.

best....post...ever

Killuminati
09-10-2008, 05:00
SWG died a long time ago....:bang:

Yatenkaiohu
09-10-2008, 05:08
No the original game play died along time ago. Check it out, it's not soo bad.

LanMandragon
09-10-2008, 05:18
No the original game play died along time ago. Check it out, it's not soo bad.

Yes it is. Epic fail. Get the fuck out of these forums with that drivel. It's not even fair to call the game you are playing SWG.

Yatenkaiohu
09-10-2008, 05:39
Yes it is. Epic fail. Get the fuck out of these forums with that drivel. It's not even fair to call the game you are playing SWG.

Star Was After Combat Upgrade Galaxies?

Slypieguy
09-10-2008, 05:41
Hay.

lol, total lie

Yatenkaiohu
09-10-2008, 05:45
lol, total lie

It's not a lie. Have you logged on? There's nothing else out there to play.. OMG WAIT WARHAMMER! The only shitty thing to me as a SWG Vet is the total lack of classes, but I'm still having fun regardless. I have nothing else to play in the MMO scene, any suggestions?

kehmesis
09-10-2008, 05:45
When I played that game, the professions weren't even finished yet and half the trees were broken on my bounty hunter.

I will never give them another cent. I payed 3 months to play a fuckin' beta. Fuck them.

LanMandragon
09-10-2008, 05:46
It's not a lie. Have you logged on? There's nothing else out there to play.. OMG WAIT WARHAMMER! The only shitty thing to me as a SWG Vet is the total lack of classes, but I'm still having fun regardless. I have nothing else to play in the MMO scene, any suggestions?

Better to just stare at your computer in frustration for free then to pay SOE 15 bucks a month so that you can stay at your computer in both frustration and despair.

Slypieguy
09-10-2008, 05:47

You don't always have to play an MMO, grow some balls and play TF2

Foodfreak18
09-10-2008, 05:56
Let's put it like this, if a player/vet goes into the new SWG with an open mind, they will enjoy it for the most part (with the exception of meeting with old friends).

For those who still hold a grudge, playing again will be the bane of their existence.

I quit after several years of playing in January of this year, played both Pre-CU as well as CU/NGE. I stayed with it and am partly ashamed to say that I did have some pretty good times after the NGE. I appreciated some of the attempts by SOE to bring back some Pre-CU aspects but needless to say, it's not the same.

Yatenkaiohu
09-10-2008, 06:03
Let's put it like this, if a player/vet goes into the new SWG with an open mind, they will enjoy it for the most part (with the exception of meeting with old friends).

For those who still hold a grudge, playing again will be the bane of their existence.

I quit after several years of playing in January of this year, played both Pre-CU as well as CU/NGE. I stayed with it and am partly ashamed to say that I did have some pretty good times after the NGE. I appreciated some of the attempts by SOE to bring back some Pre-CU aspects but needless to say, it's not the same.

It's nice to see something positive! Well of course it isn't the same, but what are you gonna do =P? I missed running around on my swoop through out Tatooine and Naboo. The player houses, the community, armor sets, all of the items, etc. It's not just just about the game play to me.

LanMandragon
09-10-2008, 06:24
The player houses, the community, armor sets, all of the items, etc.

That shit is dead! SWG had the most vibrant community before SOE crapped all over it and slit our wrists. Community? Crafters? Housing? All bullshit afterthoughts nowadays in SWG. Before they WERE SWG.

Fringe
09-10-2008, 06:29

I wish I knew the guy who fucked up SWG and made it another crappy WoW clone... I would beat his ass at least once per day.

Yatenkaiohu
09-10-2008, 07:26
I wish I knew the guy who fucked up SWG and made it another crappy WoW clone... I would beat his ass at least once per day.

Wait it's not like WoW o_O I don't see any Molten Core. I wouldn't notice anyways, I thought WoW was a great game back in 04 up to level 60.

Jester814
09-10-2008, 10:29

this.

They took an open sandbox game and dicked it up into a levelfest class based piece of garbage.

Lethn
09-10-2008, 11:32

You and me both, the targets are Julio Torres and John Smedley, the rest are just idiots who followed their orders.

Layedballer
09-10-2008, 11:34
If those people ever go through with the pre-CU server I might play but it's kinda like darkfall, has been coming out Soon(tm) as long as I can remember