PDA

View Full Version : Politics: Palin: Iraq war is "a task from God"

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 12:38
Let's put aside the recent info that
1) Palin seems unable to speak for herself, having only given teleprompter speeches and refuses to do interviews where she speaks for herself (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/republicans/2700816/John-McCain-keeps-star-attraction-Sarah-Palin-quiet.html),
2) she doesn't know what the vice-president is even supposed to do (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9pnzQ96kWA)...
3) she is possibly going to be indicted for corruption (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/2694570/Sarah-Palins-Alaska-aides-will-be-forced-to-reveal-her-office-secrets-in-Troopergate-inquiry.html) whilst Alaskan governor

...turns out Palin is an unmitigated religious fruitbasket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ypVSYoEKA):
"Our national leaders are sending [the troops] out on a task that is from God"

This is exactly the same stuff that bin Laden says. It's straight-out religious fundamentlism.

This stuff I'm hearing from Palin from her own mouth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf094XgO7BA&feature=related) is truly scary. (OK that last link is a joke)

Mippoose
09-08-2008, 12:39
What's your point commie?

Vertigo Vain
09-08-2008, 12:40
Already made a topic about this few days ago. Called "Should we burn her?"

Most agreed with suggestion.

Badem
09-08-2008, 12:42
What's your point commie?

MWAHAHAH

you guys must have missed Russell band hosting the MTV awards

here is a fun quote from it
During his innuendo-laden opening monologue, Brand discussed the upcoming US presidential election, publicly backing presidential hopeful Barack Obama.

"Some people, I think they're called racists, say America is not ready for a black president," he said.

"But I know America to be a forward-thinking country because otherwise why would you have let that retarded cowboy fella be president for eight years.

"We were very impressed. We thought it was nice of you to let him have a go, because, in England, he wouldn't be trusted with a pair of scissors."

You yanks sure do choose some crazy shit

i mean, if its not stupid presidents then its, creationism...Scientology....crazy wacky shit like that

Go America.........:lmao:

mglej
09-08-2008, 12:43
Palin is just a tool and just a pretty faced used to get clinton supporters she has no brians or anything just look at her 16 year old kid shes preg. and i do agree we need to burn her. I really hope that the retarded part of america which is growing more rapidly soon realizes all this bull shit and comes to their senses so that this country isnt destroyed

Badem
09-08-2008, 12:48
I wonder why she called her daughter Bristol

then i looked at a picture of her and realised why.......

Lethn
09-08-2008, 12:48
It was like with bush and Tony Blair when they started the whole damn thing "God told me to do it" I literally stared open mouthed, seriously did they have a high profile meeting together or something and eventually decided that saying god told them to do it was the most sensible thing to say because they couldn't come up with a much better excuse that wasn't just a blatant lie like the weapons of mass destruction fiasco?

Badem
09-08-2008, 12:53
Remember the main cause of most conflicts.....

Religion...

How many gods do we have on this planet? (I believe its around 267)

And how many say 'I am the one true god, all others are false'......

Personally I find religion a steaming crock of shit....but hey let get Dumb and Dumber together and BOOM God told me to attack these people in the desert....

Matriel
09-08-2008, 13:59
The main cause of most conflicts is government, not religion.

Kossako
09-08-2008, 14:07
I wonder why she called her daughter Bristol

then i looked at a picture of her and realised why.......

"I was in Bristol yesterday" lmao. This name owns :D

Lethn
09-08-2008, 14:10

Actually I'd say it's ignorant morons personally

Hemlawk
09-08-2008, 14:13
Kratos told Bush to start the war....

This is why I dont vote...

Sunam
09-08-2008, 14:17
Remember the main cause of most conflicts.....

Religion...

How many gods do we have on this planet? (I believe its around 267)

And how many say 'I am the one true god, all others are false'......

Personally I find religion a steaming crock of shit....but hey let get Dumb and Dumber together and BOOM God told me to attack these people in the desert....

I would have thought the main cause of most conflicts is the lust for power. Religion is merely a tool to persuade people to your cause.

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 14:17

...governments lead by religious individuals who cite religion as justification. You're free to commit any heinous act as long as you claim God XXX told you personally you should... not.

but you're right though: people should be free to pursue their own faiths, but religion should never be a part of government in any form.

holychicken
09-08-2008, 14:43
MWAHAHAH

During his innuendo-laden opening monologue, Brand discussed the upcoming US presidential election, publicly backing presidential hopeful Barack Obama.

"Some people, I think they're called racists, say America is not ready for a black president," he said.

"But I know America to be a forward-thinking country because otherwise why would you have let that retarded cowboy fella be president for eight years.

"We were very impressed. We thought it was nice of you to let him have a go, because, in England, he wouldn't be trusted with a pair of scissors."

i mean, if its not stupid presidents then its, creationism...Scientology....crazy wacky shit like that

And England bent over and let that dumb cowboy make them his bitch.

If I were England, I wouldn't be making fun of America.

m0j0mann
09-08-2008, 14:50
We're missing the point here. Which is that Palin is a fundie moron.

Justinian
09-08-2008, 14:53
I think it's pretty awesome. I disagree completely with her, but I want both parties to run themselves into the ground with bullshit like this. makes it easier to discredit them.

Salo
09-08-2008, 14:53

Mmm. Yeah, Blair wasn't so much standing shoulder to shoulder with Bush as he was crouched mouth to cock.

Badem
09-08-2008, 14:56

We bent over did we?

No I think you will find it was the American 'Intelligence' (think along the lines of 'Thar be WMD in that desert yonder!')

No I think Britain is still a much better place, after all our current leader is a dour man, unlike the buffoon that rules you now

Your elections seem to compose of relatives of previous presidents running for President

And you current flock is certainly impressive
'The perve and the rabidly insane cheerleader'
And Barak Obama (and yeah the Brits prefer Barak so *whistle*)

Kusghuul
09-08-2008, 14:56
This doesn't surprise me.

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 14:57

yeah england was no better, though they were only just following the US' lead. blair also still cites 'god made me do it' to justify the killing of the ~million or so innocent civilians.

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:01
yeah england was no better, though they were only just following the US' lead. blair also still cites 'god made me do it' to justify the killing of the ~million or so innocent civilians.

Makes upm for the 3k that died in the World Trade Centre

also the oppressive Taliban rule and their oppression of the fairer sex

and then the hunt for WMD (ok so someone lied about them) but at least we got rid of the dictatorial rule of the Ba'ath party)

*and Its safe to say everyone knew the Sunni and Shi'ite muslims would start hacking each other up first chance the got*

Anyway we talking about shitty leaders not Iraq/Afghanistan and oh fuck it lets chuck Georgia in there as well since the Yanks fucked that one up themselves with no help at all from Britain (yes our new leader toes the EU line now..)

Mippoose
09-08-2008, 15:02
MWAHAHAH

At least my country uses the dentist.

Crookedteeth fag.

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 15:06
We're missing the point here. Which is that Palin is a fundie moron.

a fundie moron who, if elected, would be US president should McCain fall over dead from his 5th melanoma.

it would be hilarious but for the fact that it might actually happen.

obama may be young, but at least he's smart and educated.

holychicken
09-08-2008, 15:06
We bent over did we?

No I think you will find it was the American 'Intelligence' (think along the lines of 'Thar be WMD in that desert yonder!')
And? England bit the same intelligence. . .in fact, the US even got some of that faulty intelligence FROM England. Remember, the US didn't go into Iraq alone, England followed them in like the good little bitches they are.

No I think Britain is still a much better place, after all our current leader is a dour man, unlike the buffoon that rules you now
You missed my point. I agree that Bush is a buffoon, no doubt about that, but the fact of the matter is that England bent over when Bush yelled "yippee-kay-aye!" and said "I'll do whatever you want, master." Make fun of Bush all you want, but the fact of the matter is that England was slobbin' his knob.

Your elections seem to compose of relatives of previous presidents running for President
Wait, did a person from the significantly inbred Her Majesty's Government just make fun of American family leaders? LOL.

And you current flock is certainly impressive
'The perve and the rabidly insane cheerleader'
And Barak Obama (and yeah the Brits prefer Barak so *whistle*)
As do I. Doesn't change the fact that the English are in no position to be making fun of American politics, especially when they say "How high?" every time an American president says "Jump."

Lethn
09-08-2008, 15:08
At least my country uses the dentist.

Crookedteeth fag.

You say that when you don't even have universal healthcare?

( sorry sane Americans just HAD to say it :D )

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 15:09
Makes upm for the 3k that died in the World Trade Centre

are you seriously suggesting killing 1million+ innocent civilians - women and children included - in some way equals the 3K people that died in 11/9?

also the oppressive Taliban rule and their oppression of the fairer sex

saudi arabia is much worse yet Bush is in bed with the Saudis. gogogogo hypocrisy.

and then the hunt for WMD (ok so someone lied about them) but at least we got rid of the dictatorial rule of the Ba'ath party)

...that the US gave biological WMDs to and supported for years...

don't let facts get in the way of your blind patriotism, you're doing your country proud!!!

Salo
09-08-2008, 15:10
You say that and you don't even have universal healthcare?

*chuckles* indeed.

Actually, I got a full set of veneers ("you too can have a brand new smile!") done at my dentists a few years ago, worth approximately £5000 had they been done privately, but because I was unemployed at the time, it was totally free.

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:13
And? England bit the same intelligence. . .in fact, the US even got some of that faulty intelligence FROM England. Remember, the US didn't go into Iraq alone, England followed them in like the good little bitches they are.

Yeah Tony Blair led the UK armed forces into that, However having said that at least we dont "yippee-kay-aye!" over the locals , run Abu Ghraib, Camp Gitmo...Shit you yanks really are fucking nuts

You missed my point. I agree that Bush is a buffoon, no doubt about that, but the fact of the matter is that England bent over when Bush yelled "yippee-kay-aye!" and said "I'll do whatever you want, master." Make fun of Bush all you want, but the fact of the matter is that England was slobbin' his knob.
I agree Blair was a little bitch, however you try getting The united Kingdom to do this now...oh different kettle of fish now

Wait, did a person from the significantly inbred Her Majesty's Government just make fun of American family leaders? LOL.
Wait..Shit...Did an american (who with all possibility comes from severla bloodlines those Inbred Brits, the Slaves, the native, or the South americans who are slowly over running you....) try to crack a joke, holy fuck batman they are palstic break out the heat guns.....

As do I. Doesn't change the fact that the English are in no position to be making fun of American politics, especially when they say "How high?" every time an American president says "Jump."
Yeah I notice how the UK doesnt fold to USA Dogma anymore...not since Tony Blair left power......hence how America managed to Fuck up Georgia single handed, ahh well who cares, we will soon be out of Iraq and you guys can have your 'Vietnam (Redux)' all to yourselves....

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 15:14

you have to admit, a supposedly first-world country without universal access to healthcare is pretty... embarrassing. most 2nd world countries have it.

Mippoose
09-08-2008, 15:15

Only poor people need that.

Do I look poor to you scrub?

Kusghuul
09-08-2008, 15:16
I think people are getting England and Britain mixed up.

Justinian
09-08-2008, 15:20
you have to admit, a supposedly first-world country without universal access to healthcare is pretty... embarrassing. most 2nd world countries have it.

why?

oh, I forgot. health care is somehow a universal right that the government must afford the people.

all hail the State.

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:21
are you seriously suggesting killing 1million+ innocent civilians - women and children included - in some way equals the 3K people that died in 11/9?

saudi arabia is much worse yet Bush is in bed with the Saudis. gogogogo hypocrisy.

...that the US gave biological WMDs to and supported for years...

don't let facts get in the way of your blind patriotism, you're doing your country proud!!!

Erm I am a brit, we dont fuck things up on such a grand scale as the americans do

I am well aware that the Americans (previous administrations) gave assistance to Saddam, Bin Laden, Syria, Guadacanal, the South American Drug barons etc...

They just cant seem to leave shit alone...I admit our 'illustrious' leader Blair was a bitch on the world table and our current leader certainly wont make the same mistakes

I dont believe the 3k people killed justifies the loss of 1 Million+ people, but shit its gotta be said, War is a fucking great population control method, Shit happens, We do this to them they do this to us, Britain spent most of the 20th Century either fighting wars or under domestic terrorism, you dont see us nuking Ireland back to the stone ages for setting off bombs in bins, or cars, killing innocents. exactly the same principle for the current state of affairs, the americans (not all of them) are too fucking gung ho about shit.

ahhh
Universal Healthcare, Suffrage, abolition of Slavery, the greatest empire man has known, the still ongoing Commonwealth

fuck I am proud to be British

Fro
09-08-2008, 15:22
I think calling iraq a task from god is not a good thing to be saying.

Not my fault i was always against the war.

I think people are getting England and Britain mixed up.

That reminds me i just watched braveheart last night on channel 4,thats one epic film, i almost hate myself for being english.

On a side note, fuck you america. If you assholes weren't so emo about everything we might of avoided the mess that is Iraq.

Kusghuul
09-08-2008, 15:24
That reminds me i just watched braveheart last night on channel 4,thats one epic film, i almost hate myself for being english.

Heheh, "send in the Irish. Arrows cost money, mercenaries don't." [Or something along those lines]

I'm just annoyed Celtic's below Killie, Rangers and Hearts on the table. And that they lost to Rangers 2-4 at home.

holychicken
09-08-2008, 15:25
Yeah Tony Blair led the UK armed forces into that, However having said that at least we dont "yippee-kay-aye!" over the locals , run Abu Ghraib, Camp Gitmo...Shit you yanks really are fucking nuts
Again, you are missing the point. I don't like any of what you just listed and I don't like Bush. But a Brit making fun of Americans for electing him is just beyond absurd.

I agree Blair was a little bitch, however you try getting The united Kingdom to do this now...oh different kettle of fish now
I can almost guarantee you that the next time America asks England to jump, they will be happy to do it.

Wait..Shit...Did an american (who with all possibility comes from severla bloodlines those Inbred Brits, the Slaves, the native, or the South americans who are slowly over running you....) try to crack a joke, holy fuck batman they are palstic break out the heat guns.....
Can anyone make any sense of this? Seems I struck a nerve. You can deflect all you want, but the fact of the matter is that a Brit making fun of American political families is just ridiculously hypocritical.

Yeah I notice how the UK doesnt fold to USA Dogma anymore...not since Tony Blair left power......hence how America managed to Fuck up Georgia single handed, ahh well who cares, we will soon be out of Iraq and you guys can have your 'Vietnam (Redux)' all to yourselves....
You admit that Britian is still in Iraq, you argue that Iraq is a blunder and that it was all the American's doing. . . yet you can sit there, with a straight face, and tell me that the UK doesn't fold to US dogma anymore? LMAO!

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:25

I have seen this film so many tiem, I agree watching this I do feel a right twat about being English

Ah well, Soon the Scots will have their land back to do as they wish :eek:

Vertigo Vain
09-08-2008, 15:26
They just cant seem to lave shit alone...I admit our 'illustrious' leader Blair was a bitch on the world table and our current leader certainly wont make the same mistakes

Isnt the UK the country that now most actively tryes to move EU to WW3 over Georgia, advancing US position? Your premier was first to yell "Evil Russians!" when others though about to check their intellegence first.

Kusghuul
09-08-2008, 15:26
You admit that Britian is still in Iraq, you argue that Iraq is a blunder and that it was all the American's doing. . . yet you can sit there, with a straight face, and tell me that the UK doesn't fold to US dogma anymore? LMAO!

Someone had to ensure that it wasn't a complete cock-up.

Sunam
09-08-2008, 15:31
what is united states you speak of? isn't it just a revolting colony?
and isn't britain just another state in usa?

Fro
09-08-2008, 15:31
Heheh, "send in the Irish. Arrows cost money, mercenaries don't." [Or something along those lines]

I'm just annoyed Celtic's below Killie, Rangers and Hearts on the table. And that they lost to Rangers 2-4 at home.

Atleast it will spice things up a little instead of the standard one/two horse race.

Again, you are missing the point. I don't like any of what you just listed and I don't like Bush. But a Brit making fun of Americans for electing him is just beyond absurd.

You're missing the point we didn't vote in bush, you did (in a rather round about way) if you ask most brits they'll tell you we want out of Iraq.

I can almost guarantee you that the next time America asks England to jump, they will be happy to do it.

Probably but i can tell you one thing for certain the british people wont be so happy.

Can anyone make any sense of this? Seems I struck a nerve. You can deflect all you want, but the fact of the matter is that a Brit making fun of American political families is just ridiculously hypocritical.

No its not bLiar wasn't an idiot like bush.

We can share some of the responsibility but if it wasn't for america we wouldn't be there in the first place? Would we of gone to iraq on our own? Hell no. You lead us there and now we want out but amazingly we can't do so.

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:32
Hmm lets see, why is it hypocritical of a Brit to amke fun of American Political families?

Our Royal family have no ruling powers, havent since the 17th Century, they are merely a 'figurehead' and play no part in politics at all...they cant run for Prime minister....they Simply, once a year, read out an opening speech for the houses of parliment...

How does this compare to Bush 'Father and Son' and Clinton 'Husband and Wife' political teams who have controlled America for a lot longer than Blair did?

and why would Britain ask 'How high' to american requests to Jump? New leader , new politics, and even an idiot can see doing anythign Bush asks for is political suicide, hence any sane (and Brown is saner than most Scots ;) ) leader would quielty murmur 'thanks but no thanks' while closing the door

Ahh I think I have successfully de-railed this thread now, my work is done :)

Kusghuul
09-08-2008, 15:32
I have seen this film so many tiem, I agree watching this I do feel a right twat about being English

Ah well, Soon the Scots will have their land back to do as they wish :eek:

SNP's actually doing a good job; they're doing a real good job for students, abholitioning several fees for students. the Tories smashed themselves when Thatcher decided to instate the Poll tax on Scots, ensuring Scots paid more tax than the Welsh, Ulsterites and English.

holychicken
09-08-2008, 15:33
Erm I am a brit, we dont fuck things up on such a grand scale as the americans do
Ah yes, England has always had all their ducks in a line and that is why they went from a great Empire to quibbling over a chunk of land in Northern Island. LMAO! Nope, never fucked anything up.

I am well aware that the Americans (previous administrations) gave assistance to Saddam, Bin Laden, Syria, Guadacanal, the South American Drug barons etc...

They just cant seem to leave shit alone...I admit our 'illustrious' leader Blair was a bitch on the world table and our current leader certainly wont make the same mistakes
And what do you think that England was doing during their Empire? Do you think they controlled the people through sugar and spice and everything nice? You think they weren't butting their heads into everyone's business?

I dont believe the 3k people killed justifies the loss of 1 Million+ people, but shit its gotta be said, War is a fucking great population control method, Shit happens, We do this to them they do this to us, Britain spent most of the 20th Century either fighting wars or under domestic terrorism, you dont see us nuking Ireland back to the stone ages for setting off bombs in bins, or cars, killing innocents. exactly the same principle for the current state of affairs, the americans (not all of them) are too fucking gung ho about shit.
I was against the war, but it does seem to be going fairly well in Iraq right now. Lets be honest here.

ahhh
Universal Healthcare, Suffrage, abolition of Slavery, the greatest empire man has known, the still ongoing Commonwealth

Funny how you are bashing America for it's current practices in maintaining its empire, but then you are proud of England for their empire. Classic hypocrisy.

Kusghuul
09-08-2008, 15:34
And what do you think that England was doing during their Empire? Do you think they controlled the people through sugar and spice and everything nice? You think they weren't butting their heads into everyone's business?

We sorta "grew up."

Fro
09-08-2008, 15:35
SNP's actually doing a good job; they're doing a real good job for students, abholitioning several fees for students. the Tories smashed themselves when Thatcher decided to instate the Poll tax on Scots, ensuring Scots paid more tax than the Welsh, Ulsterites and English.

Yeh its a complete scam, how the scots pay more taxes but recieve less of it back. I'd rather not have Britain split up further but some adjustments need to be made.

Nicolie
09-08-2008, 15:35
She does seem to be a nut, I hope McCain does not get in.

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:39
Isnt the UK the country that now most actively tryes to move EU to WW3 over Georgia, advancing US position? Your premier was first to yell "Evil Russians!" when others though about to check their intellegence first.

LOL
I like this one
IIRC EVERYONE Condemned the Russians, the UK simply expressed outrage at the attacks etc, they simply await on the EU delegation and the French president (whose country incidently holds teh EU presidency at the moment)

Least Britain/EU were not teh ones supplying Georgia with weapons then saying 'go ahead, poke the bear, it wont bite back'

Fro
09-08-2008, 15:39
Ah yes, England has always had all their ducks in a line and that is why they went from a great Empire to quibbling over a chunk of land in Northern Island. LMAO! Nope, never fucked anything up.

We fucked up alot of things back then.

Thats was then and this is now, i cant change the past. This is the problem americans are happy to say oh i didnt agree with the war or i dont likem y government but they'll still defend it.

I was against the war, but it does seem to be going fairly well in Iraq right now. Lets be honest here.

It does? Iraq was a fuck up and shouldn't of hapened and i dont think its going well in iraq, i wonder what will happen when the troops leave probably a country split and years of hostilities and tension.

Funny how you are bashing America for it's current practices in maintaining its empire, but then you are proud of England for their empire. Classic hypocrisy.

Agreed.

holychicken
09-08-2008, 15:43
We sorta "grew up."
Ah yes, and how do you explain Iraq?

"It was the STUPID AMERICANS' FAULT!"

Real mature.

Vertigo Vain
09-08-2008, 15:47
LOL
I like this one
IIRC EVERYONE Condemned the Russians, the UK simply expressed outrage at the attacks etc, they simply await on the EU delegation and the French president (whose country incidently holds teh EU presidency at the moment)

Least Britain/EU were not teh ones supplying Georgia with weapons then saying 'go ahead, poke the bear, it wont bite back'

Umh no. Its eastern Europeans condemning Russians because of paranoya, and UK because USA told you so. Germany, France e.t.c. had much smarter positions, and the few idiotic claims by French foreign minister where instantly denounced by the french goverment - while they try to guide EU to COOPERATION, not hostility with Russia. While your premier is the only one who actively preach the cold war rethoric, much to dislike of France and Germany.

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:47

Proud of Englands empire? Sure as hell am, and why not it was successfuly up to a point, and then we 'Grew up' and gave it back

Whereas the American President seems intent on trying to create and empire now.

As for hypocritical? You sir, must be referring to an ad hominem attack.

There, the british education system at its finest, bit of stiff upper lip, a nice cup of tea, and

AHHH FUCKIT

We get Darkfall before you so nah nah nahhnahh fuckit

holychicken
09-08-2008, 15:49
We fucked up alot of things back then.

Thats was then and this is now, i cant change the past. This is the problem americans are happy to say oh i didnt agree with the war or i dont likem y government but they'll still defend it.
I am not defending it. I am just pointing out that the brits are no better than the Americans. They went into Iraq as well.

It does? Iraq was a fuck up and shouldn't of hapened and i dont think its going well in iraq, i wonder what will happen when the troops leave probably a country split and years of hostilities and tension.
It is a debate for another time. But I disagreed with going in, but I feel now that we have a duty to at least make sure it is stable when we leave. No telling what will happen once we are done, but it right now things look a lot better than they have ever before.

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:51
I also think its only fair to make my stance clear, I also disagree with the 'coalition' forces going into Iraq....Afghanistan was just asking for it though ;)

holychicken
09-08-2008, 15:53
Proud of Englands empire? Sure as hell am, and why not it was successfuly up to a point, and then we 'Grew up' and gave it back
Gave it back? LMFAO! You are incredibly clueless. To argue that England "gave up" it's empire because it "grew up" is so beyond ludicrous that I am not even sure where to begin.

As for hypocritical? You sir, must be referring to an ad hominem attack.
Wrong. I am not attacking you, I am attacking your hypocritical position. You bash America for it's empire while praising the British empire. That's hypocrisy and pointing it out isn't ad hominem.

We get Darkfall before you so nah nah nahhnahh fuckit
Sorry, I already have Bush on the line and we planning an invasion of England to take all of their Darkfall discs. YOU WILL NOT BEAT AMERICA ON THIS! hehehe

Killuminati
09-08-2008, 15:53
She clearly wants to start another crusade.

Fro
09-08-2008, 15:55
I am not defending it. I am just pointing out that the brits are no better than the Americans. They went into Iraq as well.

No, we are better then you. We went into iraq because you did.

It is a debate for another time. But I disagreed with going in, but I feel now that we have a duty to at least make sure it is stable when we leave. No telling what will happen once we are done, but it right now things look a lot better than they have ever before.

We cant, its a few hangings to late. We cant control Iraq i can see another india-pakistan coming.

Umh no. Its eastern Europeans condemning Russians because of paranoya, and UK because USA told you so. Germany, France e.t.c. had much smarter positions, and the few idiotic claims by French foreign minister where instantly denounced by the french goverment - while they try to guide EU to COOPERATION, not hostility with Russia. While your premier is the only one who actively preach the cold war rethoric, much to dislike of France and Germany.

I disagree with our politics but it doesn't realy count for shit.

Selzifan
09-08-2008, 15:57
Telegraph.

Badem
09-08-2008, 15:59
Sorry, I already have Bush on the line and we planning an invasion of England to take all of their Darkfall discs. YOU WILL NOT BEAT AMERICA ON THIS! hehehe

You, Sir, are welcome to try
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender our Darkfall Disk,we’ll fight them with the butt ends of broken beer bottles because that’s bloody well all we’ve got

The Collapse of the British empire
WW2 caused the fall of the British Empire for two reasons.

Firstly, many nations such as India felt that their sacrifice should be rewarded with independance. The losses to the Japanese also destroyed the myth of European omnipotence

Secondly, the UK was financially exhausted and heavily in debt to the US. This left it almost impossible to defend its far-flung colonies by force. The US capitalised on its position of banker and forced the UK to abandon the empire by threat of economic collapse otherwise. This was so that vast markets were opened to American companies and to weaken the UK in general.

Ahh see , basically we gave it back (eitehr that or be financially crippled), and yes we fucked up with India and Pakistan, but we learnt our lesson, the American President seems intent on not learning (not surprising from a man who cant even spell potato....)

Badem
09-08-2008, 16:05
And just for shits and giggles

However, it has become clear that this is not the last collapse of an Empire which we are to witness. For we are now witnessing the collapse of the American Empire. This is the very Empire, whose rise began ninety years ago. It seems that although the American Empire has outlasted the Soviet Empire, it is to last less long than any of the Western European Empires, let alone the Roman Empire. Although it began in 1917, its golden age was to be in the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s. Then, surely, it did more good than harm and the generosity of its people became legendary and is still warmly appreciated.

However, already in the 1960s and 1970s, its power had peaked and decadence was becoming visible. Thus, it lost the Vietnam War, because, supporting a corrupt and unpopular regime, it lost the moral high ground, even against the Communist enemy. Already in the 1970s, the same Solzhenitsyn warned the Western world of its moral bankruptcy and was disbelieved. Today, the USA, supported to some extent, or at least not actively resisted, by a spineless and venal Western Europe, has started wars against Serbia, Afghanistan and Iraq, and may even want to start a war in Iran. These are all wars which it cannot win and indeed wars which it is already clearly losing. Baghdad, which means ‘God-given’, has indeed become a graveyard for poor and unknowing American soldiers, sent to die by a government for invisible ‘weapons of mass destruction’

Not only does the American Empire, led at best by incompetence, at worst by greed and lies, suffer bankrupting, unwinnable and terrorizing wars, which are begun out of hubris (the illusion of self-satisfied pride). It also has a national debt of several trillions of dollars, which is supported largely, but temporarily, by China’s purchase of US government debt. Now with its illusory debt-financed boom over, the US is plunging into a crisis, as its housing bubble has burst and it faces soaring oil prices. With a dumbed down public education system, at its worst capable of turning out some of the most ill-educated and ill-behaved children in the world (not unlike the system in the UK), with a health system intent on profit and not health, with a non-existent public transport system, with a throwaway culture of unparalleled wastefulness, with an obesity crisis without precedent in human history, with a dollar so weak that American corporations are asking to be paid in euros, there are those who wonder how much longer the American Empire can continue. And this is no time for Western European countries to gloat. Having passively, or actively bought into the illusory ‘American dream’ for so long, they too will have to help pay the cost of the real American nightmare. Western Europe is dragged down by the measure of its own compromises with the ideology of pride, that is imaginary superiority.

Dwhap
09-08-2008, 16:41
This quote was posted in another thread, but it definitly belongs here as well. Most of the right winged Iraqi war supporters can be defined as hyper patriots which is defined as:

Hyper patriotism. A fighting defence of native land, home and heart, even when it is not actually threatened: ie, Iraq, Panama, Grenada, Somalia, Cuba, Nicaragua, Vietnam, Haiti and dozens more with righteous operations titles such as Enduring Freedom, Restore Hope, and Just Cause.

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 16:43
not sure how this thread got derailed into an England-US pissing contest (except for the mileage the Brits can get out of pointing out how embarrassing it is to the US to have someone like Palin even standing for a position of power in the US).

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 16:47

However, it has become clear that this is not the last collapse of an Empire which we are to witness. For we are now witnessing the collapse of the American Empire. This is the very Empire, whose rise began ninety years ago. It seems that although the American Empire has outlasted the Soviet Empire, it is to last less long than any of the Western European Empires, let alone the Roman Empire. Although it began in 1917, its golden age was to be in the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s. Then, surely, it did more good than harm and the generosity of its people became legendary and is still warmly appreciated.

However, already in the 1960s and 1970s, its power had peaked and decadence was becoming visible. Thus, it lost the Vietnam War, because, supporting a corrupt and unpopular regime, it lost the moral high ground, even against the Communist enemy. Already in the 1970s, the same Solzhenitsyn warned the Western world of its moral bankruptcy and was disbelieved. Today, the USA, supported to some extent, or at least not actively resisted, by a spineless and venal Western Europe, has started wars against Serbia, Afghanistan and Iraq, and may even want to start a war in Iran. These are all wars which it cannot win and indeed wars which it is already clearly losing. Baghdad, which means ‘God-given’, has indeed become a graveyard for poor and unknowing American soldiers, sent to die by a government for invisible ‘weapons of mass destruction’

Not only does the American Empire, led at best by incompetence, at worst by greed and lies, suffer bankrupting, unwinnable and terrorizing wars, which are begun out of hubris (the illusion of self-satisfied pride). It also has a national debt of several trillions of dollars, which is supported largely, but temporarily, by China’s purchase of US government debt. Now with its illusory debt-financed boom over, the US is plunging into a crisis, as its housing bubble has burst and it faces soaring oil prices. With a dumbed down public education system, at its worst capable of turning out some of the most ill-educated and ill-behaved children in the world (not unlike the system in the UK), with a health system intent on profit and not health, with a non-existent public transport system, with a throwaway culture of unparalleled wastefulness, with an obesity crisis without precedent in human history, with a dollar so weak that American corporations are asking to be paid in euros, there are those who wonder how much longer the American Empire can continue. And this is no time for Western European countries to gloat. Having passively, or actively bought into the illusory ‘American dream’ for so long, they too will have to help pay the cost of the real American nightmare. Western Europe is dragged down by the measure of its own compromises with the ideology of pride, that is imaginary superiority.

TL;DR version: the US has fucked itself because it's greedy, belligerent and stupid, China is the new superpower.

where is that quote from? it's pretty much completely true, though Europe is steadily distancing itself from the US now.

ps: i'm not anti-american, i'm anti-belligerence/ignorance, and right now, the US is both.

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 16:51
I disagree with our politics but it doesn't realy count for shit.

I don't know see how the US/UK is in any position to point fingers at Russia over Georgia given the fiasco that was Iraq. Russia should claim there were WMDs in South Ossetia just to take the piss.

Zionist
09-08-2008, 16:53
This is what happens when religous people tie themselves to politics. The politcians play on their beliefs to swindle votes. I'm so glad I opted away from voting for someone just because they put "God" in their sentence.

-Havoc-
09-08-2008, 17:33
Religion strikes again. Surprise surprise.

Villa
09-08-2008, 18:03
I don't know see how the US/UK is in any position to point fingers at Russia over Georgia given the fiasco that was Iraq. Russia should claim there were WMDs in South Ossetia just to take the piss.
I support this suggestion.

Vertigo Vain
09-08-2008, 18:10
I support this suggestion.

But you know... USA armed Georgian Army. So speakign about WMDs, you never could be sure there.. :cool: Russia claims that US military ships that are delivering "aid" to Georgia now, also deliver a weaponry.

Fro
09-08-2008, 18:12
But you know... USA armed Georgian Army. So speakign about WMDs, you never could be sure there.. :cool: Russia claims that US military ships that are delivering "aid" to Georgia now, also deliver a weaponry.

It wouldn't suprise, America always does shit like this and it normaly bites them in the arse.

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 19:04
It wouldn't suprise, America always does shit like this and it normaly bites them in the arse.

yeah, eg: Saddam Hussein. Great idea giving that guy weapons and WMDs, hey.

Helgeran
09-08-2008, 19:08
yeah, eg: Saddam Hussein. Great idea giving that guy weapons and WMDs, hey.
And he didn't even have the common decency to keep them when invaded because of them. That bastard.

Black Thunder
09-08-2008, 19:10
Let's put aside the recent info that
1) Palin seems unable to speak for herself, having only given teleprompter speeches and refuses to do interviews where she speaks for herself (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/republicans/2700816/John-McCain-keeps-star-attraction-Sarah-Palin-quiet.html),
2) she doesn't know what the vice-president is even supposed to do (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9pnzQ96kWA)...
3) she is possibly going to be indicted for corruption (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/2694570/Sarah-Palins-Alaska-aides-will-be-forced-to-reveal-her-office-secrets-in-Troopergate-inquiry.html) whilst Alaskan governor

...turns out Palin is an unmitigated religious fruitbasket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ypVSYoEKA):
"Our national leaders are sending [the troops] out on a task that is from God"

This is exactly the same stuff that bin Laden says. It's straight-out religious fundamentlism.

This stuff I'm hearing from Palin from her own mouth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf094XgO7BA&feature=related) is truly scary. (OK that last link is a joke)

That's not fundamentalism, that's just brainwashed insanity from an inexperienced, corrupt psycho who can't even run Alaska, let alone America.

There's nothing wrong with sticking to the base fundamentals of a peaceful religion, but that's completely different.

Ammon777
09-08-2008, 19:58
MWAHAHAH

So is that why in the UK, your Prime Minister basically agreed with Pres Bush about everything and did everything Bush suggested like a bitch? :lmao:

btw I despise Bush and I am not really proud to be in this country. I dont like any government, I want sheer and utter ANARCHY !!! CHAOS !!! WOOT FUN TIMEZ !!!

I sure as fuck will never join or be conscripted into American military because I am schizophrenic and we schizos kill people on our side, and I sure as fuck am not giving my life for some faggoty politicians' incompentence.

Also I hear that US military is indoctrinated into fundamentalist Christianity through-and-through. In fact, they even discriminate against non-christians in the military and neo-pagansand atheists especially get bombarded by bullshit. No way as fuck am I joining some Christian machine-gun corporation that the government highups dont give a fuck about your life at all. Theres a reason governments give military men "dog tags." Its because you are considered dumb stupid animals that just serve to be worthless pawns in political/financial power struggles.

Ammon777
09-08-2008, 20:06

Its also kinda funny that the UK is living in an Orwellian nightmare. I bet you guys are video-taped while having sex in ur own house, amirite?

Although I agree with what I quoted. sux too.

Anyway, I will not be voted for McCain / Putin. Err I mean Palin, sorry. My bad.

I vote for OBAMA for CHANGE YOU CAN FUCKING BELIEVE IN! :lol:

My country is hopeless anyway, they are all in the same boat, doesnt even matter who you vote for at this point. Some incompetent asshole will win, its inevitable. I am sure the ghosts of our ancestors who died for freedom are pissed as hell. Either that they are laughing at us.

Matriel
09-08-2008, 21:14

I said government. You said ignorant morons. Same thing no?

...governments lead by religious individuals who cite religion as justification. You're free to commit any heinous act as long as you claim God XXX told you personally you should... not.

but you're right though: people should be free to pursue their own faiths, but religion should never be a part of government in any form.

You wrote a whole paragraph to begrudgingly agree with me. Lawl.

why?

oh, I forgot. health care is somehow a universal right that the government must afford the people.

all hail the State.

We totally need more programs we can't afford to pay for. Fuck those rich people for being successful!

dirtknap
09-08-2008, 21:56
We totally need more programs we can't afford to pay for. Fuck those rich people for being successful!

and yet every other 1st world country seems to manage it, and yet it's the US that's in recession... interesting.

Fuck those sick people for getting sick and their insurance company weasling out of paying due to a technicality!

sorros
09-08-2008, 21:59

probably a combination. Ignorant morons who happen to be religious and in political positions of power, who also want money.

Matriel
09-08-2008, 22:41
and yet every other 1st world country seems to manage it, and yet it's the US that's in recession... interesting.

Fuck those sick people for getting sick and their insurance company weasling out of paying due to a technicality!

Name me another first world country that has 300+ million people, an enormous geographical area, and is some sort of a relevant comparison. A recession has basically jack shit to do with the fiscal sanity of universal healthcare in America. We've already legislated it so that old people will bankrupt us in the next 20-40 years. And we did it before there was a recession.

Insurance companies are fucked because the government has legislated it so they can be fucked. Saying we need more government when government was what caused the problem in the first place is just stupid. By all means though, let's advocate for more shit that's broken to break it further. Insanity ftw!

Mordred
09-08-2008, 22:57
Actually its not just America (and now the UK) that are in trouble, much of Europe is and has been for some time. The German government for one is virtually bankrupt. The difference is the USA is really really suprised that its boom DIDNT last forever, and was so arrogant as to ignore all warning signs that their bubble was about to burst.

Zionist
09-08-2008, 23:05
Typical politician playing on the religon card. It just wouldn't be an insightful speech unless she had to dick around with heartstrings aye? :bang:

Salo
09-08-2008, 23:06
Its also kinda funny that the UK is living in an Orwellian nightmare. I bet you guys are video-taped while having sex in ur own house, amirite?

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far.

Killuminati
09-08-2008, 23:24
Actually its not just America (and now the UK) that are in trouble, much of Europe is and has been for some time. The German government for one is virtually bankrupt. The difference is the USA is really really suprised that its boom DIDNT last forever, and was so arrogant as to ignore all warning signs that their bubble was about to burst.

Its what happens when you live in a country where consuming is considered extremely beneficial to the economy vs producing.

Marrik
09-08-2008, 23:30

ahhh

hey brit, remember that continent that you conquered, and forced all the tribes that hated each other and were constantly fighting to be countrymen, leading to a continent where every country is in a state of perpetual civil war, and everything is shitty and horrible?

its called Africa, and its almost completely your fault. nice going jackass. Britain is responsible for AFRICA, that outweighs anything we could do other than maybe starting a nuclear war.

Marrik
09-08-2008, 23:32

i think it was more along the lines of "you dont have to pay dead mercenaries"

Gloomrender
09-08-2008, 23:41
/adds to his list.

Salo
09-08-2008, 23:44
its called Africa, and its almost completely your fault. nice going jackass. Britain is responsible for AFRICA, that outweighs anything we could do other than maybe starting a nuclear war.

Not that I in anyway 'defend' the historical effects of British imperialism, we were not solely responsible for the ravages wrought upon that continent. The scramble for Africa sent several European nations rampaging through the area with scant regard for those they trampled. Some, like the Belgians, actually imported examples of 'their' tribes peoples to live in zoo like enclosures where well-bred Belgians could walk around and view them. The Belgians also committed genocide in the Congo, where having slaughtered tens of thousands they then instituted a policy of punishing villages who were down on their production quotas (their use of the indigenous people as slave labourers is a whole other story) by sending in mercenaries and soldiers who would cut off the hands of every boy and man in the village.

The first exponents of eugenics inspired experiments of a medical nature which were performed by a small group of scientists one of whom was an American and one of whom was German. This was carried out initially in Africa (I believe) and took place in something remarkably concentration-camp like. Though of course, there are some who say the concentration camp was initially a British concept. I will try and find the article I read about that, but it might take time to track it down.

A lot of individual people and a fair few nation states acted, in Africa, in a way that appalls the modern mind. Other nation states tend to have their unpleasant chapters in history. There is very little point slinging the imperialistic mud at each other, because frankly, very few are wholly clean.

Britain did some terrible things to other nations. But that's history. Iraq is now.

dirtknap
09-09-2008, 13:22
Name me another first world country that has 300+ million people, an enormous geographical area, and is some sort of a relevant comparison. A recession has basically jack shit to do with the fiscal sanity of universal healthcare in America. We've already legislated it so that old people will bankrupt us in the next 20-40 years. And we did it before there was a recession.

Insurance companies are fucked because the government has legislated it so they can be fucked. Saying we need more government when government was what caused the problem in the first place is just stupid. By all means though, let's advocate for more shit that's broken to break it further. Insanity ftw!

I'm curious as to why you think that population size and geographical area has anything to do with the viability of universal healthcare.

Tinfoil hat paranoia-driven fascism ftw!

losinglife
09-09-2008, 13:30
i am praying for the gays to turn straight so they can fight in gods war!

lafayette
09-09-2008, 13:38
Tinfoil hat paranoia-driven fascism ftw!

Fascism being used to discribe Matriel? If beta wasnt already here, i'd say today would have been the day.

Ofcourse i guess anyone that doesn't prasie UHC(and Obama:ninja:) is a fascist though.

Oh and my new sig quote owns