PDA

View Full Version : Politics: RFID scanners at walmart

Razel
08-26-2008, 18:12
soos i get a call today from a company thats going to be installing rfid scanners in walmart throughout the nation... they were wondering if i wanted to work for them... rofl. Anyone know what i'ds will be used for the rfid?

i for one refuse to get treated like a cow and will therefore no longer shop at walmart.

Rainstorme
08-26-2008, 18:15
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFID

Weeking
08-26-2008, 18:16
On the food you mean?

DR.NUMBERS
soos i get a call today from a company thats going to be installing rfid scanners in walmart throughout the nation... they were wondering if i wanted to work for them... rofl. Anyone know what i'ds will be used for the rfid?

Hmm, passports already use RFid but who carries that around? As far as I know the RealID thing has been postponed so I don't really know.

Maybe it something the employees have to carry?

Razel
i know what rfid is.... i'm wondering what type of identification will be used for it, drivers license etc.

Rainstorme
08-26-2008, 18:18
You even sure it's going to be used to track customers? Looks like it's mostly used to track goods and only a few places have used it on customers.

On another note...

RFID implant as the mark of the beast

A few critics, mostly conservative Evangelical Christians, believe that RFID tagging could represent the mark of the beast, which Revelation 13:16-17 says will be placed by the Antichrist in the right hands or foreheads of humans and necessary for commerce.
“ He forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,

so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

—Revelation 13:16-17

Katherine Albrecht and Liz McIntyre, authors of Spychips: How Major Corporations and Government Plan to Track Your Every Move with RFID, wrote a new book on the subject.[74] John Conner, leader of an organization called "The Resistance of Christ" also believes there is a strong connection. Related subjects include eschatology (last things) and dispensationalism.[75][76][77] Rev. Irvin Baxter Jr's Website www.endtime.com provides an in depth video analysis on the topic titled "mark of the beast." Lol.

Capricious
08-26-2008, 18:18
rfid on each product.

Tharkon Fargor
08-26-2008, 18:19
That's fucking sick. The world is becoming worse and worse. We need to fight this cancer.

Muse
08-26-2008, 18:19
Umm...it's not like they will put that on ACTUAL PEOPLE or our DRIVERS licenses...

Crying Hyena
08-26-2008, 18:20
Walmart is putting those chips in some of their products. I don't know of any current Walmart ID that's RFID right now unless that's going to change. Are these cameras activated by RFID proximity?

Aegon
08-26-2008, 18:23
Umm...it's not like they will put that on ACTUAL PEOPLE or our DRIVERS licenses...

Um, yes they will? Only people with IQs below 130 can't see this trend. Eventually you will need one to purchase anything, anywhere. But that kind of foresight is obviously beyond you at this point.

They've already put them in 15 newborn children as an experiment.

And they are already in passports.

Only a fool doesn't see that they are trying to put this into all forms of ID. And that eventually it or something similar will be required to buy anything.

RFIDs will be used in America with a new digital currency called the Amero. If you don't believe it exists wiki it. America is trying to move away from hard-currency and move completely digital. So they can cut you off from your funds completely if your wanted by the law or anything like that. The Amero will become the standard currency of Canada, United States, and Mexico. Their governments have already accepted it.

Surly
08-26-2008, 18:24
Walmart is putting those chips in some of their products. I don't know of any current Walmart ID that's RFID right now unless that's going to change. Are these cameras activated by RFID proximity?
RFID scanners have been in Walmart for a long time, they use them on all their electronics and expensive products. It's the thing that makes the little beeper go off when you leave the store without paying.

Surly
08-26-2008, 18:28
Um, yes they will? Only people with IQs below 130 can't see this trend. Eventually you will need one to purchase anything, anywhere. But that kind of foresight is obviously beyond you at this point.

They've already put them in 15 newborn children as an experiment.lol, after 9/11 happened I remember seeing a talk show on TV with some obvious shill saying she'd put one in her kid so she could feel safer. That apparently didn't go over too well, haven't seen any shit like that since.

RFID in people isn't much of a stretch though. The RealID will be coming pretty soon, I'd guess in the next presidential administration (regardless which of the two main parties people elect). Injecting it into living tissue though... that's probably going to be a little further into the future. I think it'll take at least 20 years and a lot of fearmongering to get people used to the idea.

PS- RFID is being put in not just passports, but a lot of state drivers licenses.

Razel
08-26-2008, 18:33
somewhat related, our company is doing electrical work for a new high school in town and they are installing rfid tracking devices and making the students wear bracelets. since when did high schools turn into penitentiaries? In fact some of the students are wearing orange shirts saying ' P.... High Penitentiary'

Weeking
08-26-2008, 18:34
RFIDs will be used in America with a new digital currency called the Amero. If you don't believe it exists wiki it. America is trying to move away from hard-currency and move completely digital. So they can cut you off from your funds completely if your wanted by the law or anything like that. The Amero will become the standard currency of Canada, United States, and Mexico. Their governments have already accepted it.

Should have just placed them on the dollar bills so that they could track currency and see money without searching for it to stop currency smuggling and find hidden money. That wouldn't be intrusive unless all the shops register the individual bills and who paid with them, but it could also be abused by criminals to see who is loaded and where they keep the money.

Also cards shouldn't be legal tender and it ruins the ability to track the actual money and spotting of counterfeit.

I hope the next EMP holocaust is nigh.

DR.NUMBERS
08-26-2008, 18:36
somewhat related, our company is doing electrical work for a new high school in town and they are installing rfid tracking devices and making the students wear bracelets. since when did high schools turn into penitentiaries? In fact some of the students are wearing orange shirts saying ' P.... High Penitentiary'

Is it a school for delinquents?

Razel
08-26-2008, 18:37
Is it a school for delinquents?

no dumbass, its a new high school in a very good town with plenty of wealthy folks... try again.

Barbarossa
08-26-2008, 18:39
RFID implant as the mark of the beast

I remember back in the late `70's they [whacko religious groups] thought the scan bar [UPC code bar] was the mark of the beast.

Almost 30 years later, I've yet to see a person with a bar code on them that didn't want it tattooed on.

If it's open for interpretation, you can bet some religious group will be on it like white on rice, going "OMG its teh end of dayz!!!!".

greenman101
08-26-2008, 18:44
lol wtf they use it to keep track of inventory not to monitor customers.

Unahim
08-26-2008, 18:46

They've already put them in 15 newborn children as an experiment.

And they are already in passports.

Only a fool doesn't see that they are trying to put this into all forms of ID. And that eventually it or something similar will be required to buy anything.

Meidum IQ is 100 with a standard margin of 15, which means about 97.5% of people have IQs under 130, so what's your point when you say only people with IQs under 130 can't see the trend?

DR.NUMBERS
08-26-2008, 18:46
no dumbass, its a new high school in a very good town with plenty of wealthy folks... try again.

Next time you go in for a checkup have your sarcasm meter inspected.

Capricious
08-26-2008, 19:23
Meidum IQ is 100 with a standard margin of 15, which means about 97.5% of people have IQs under 130, so what's your point when you say only people with IQs under 130 can't see the trend?

Maybe an image will help him:

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/Images/NormalCurveSmall.gif

140 and over Genius or near genius
120-140 Very superior intelligence
110-120 Superior intelligence
90-110 Normal or average intelligence

stalwart
08-26-2008, 19:29
so, question for the OP: out of all the stupid shit that goes on at wal-mart, why did you pick THIS to keep you out of the store?

wal-mart is fucking retarded.

losinglife
08-27-2008, 05:01
they are using it for inventory. But that is nothing new as there has almost always been this sorta thing.

Eventually it will be used to scan faster and make stealing harder.