PDA

View Full Version : You're one third Daffodil!@!

Parabola
08-25-2008, 15:39
>_<
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1048492/Youre-daffodil--REALLY-useless-facts-Britains-upmarket-intellectuals.html

Spinewire
08-25-2008, 15:43
Triffid (http://www.familylosangeles.com/blog/uploaded_images/triffids-704133.jpg) > Daffodil

Ocoma
08-25-2008, 15:46
Triffids ftw!

Helgeran
08-25-2008, 15:49
>_<
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1048492/Youre-daffodil--REALLY-useless-facts-Britains-upmarket-intellectuals.html
Well no shit since we have a common ancestor.

Toilet
08-25-2008, 15:53
No words in the English language rhyme with 'orange', 'silver', 'purple' or 'month'.

Orange - Change

Silver - Liver

Purple - Turtle

Month - Font

Fail article.

Teth
08-25-2008, 15:56
Orange - Change

Silver - Liver

Purple - Turtle

Month - Font

Fail article.
You have a very strange and loose definition of "rhyme".

Toilet
08-25-2008, 16:01
You have a very strange and loose definition of "rhyme".

A rhyme is a repetition of identical or similar sounds in two or more different words and is most often used in poetry and songs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyme

Tell me the sounds are not alike in any of those, and you fail at english.

Delwyn
08-25-2008, 16:03
>_<

You didn't know this?

Forgin
08-25-2008, 16:04
Orange - Change

Silver - Liver

Purple - Turtle

Month - Font

Fail article.

That doesn't rhyme...

And it's actually more than 1/3 afaik

Toilet
08-25-2008, 16:05
That doesn't rhyme...

And it's actually more than 1/3 afaik

Fail.

They dont rhyme perfectly i admit, but they still rhyme imperfectly

Eclipso
08-25-2008, 16:06
month rhymes with Font? huh...

Forgin
08-25-2008, 16:08
Fail.

Now that you editted out why I fail your declaration of fail doesn't hold much ground...
And since 3 people including a mod (who know everything) say it doesn't rhyme I say I'm right and you're wrong.

Toilet
08-25-2008, 16:11
Now that you editted out why I fail your declaration of fail doesn't hold much ground...
And since 3 people including a mod (who know everything) say it doesn't rhyme I say I'm right and you're wrong.

I editted it out because i read it through and saw that it was the wrong choice of declaration.

Atnas
08-25-2008, 16:14
Fail.

They dont rhyme perfectly i admit, but they still rhyme imperfectly

Exactly. Some of you other people aren't creative enough, that's for sure!

Eclipso
08-25-2008, 16:15
Back On topic

this is one is false also.....

Women are estimated to buy 80per cent of everything sold.

It should read ... Women are known for a fact to spend at least 80% of everything their husband earns ON FUCKING SHOES !!

Dazarthas
08-25-2008, 16:16
>_<

Fuck.

In Britain, trousers cause twice as many accidents as chainsaws.

Huh?

wertyn
08-25-2008, 16:20
toilet your rhymes are teh FAIL just stop trying

Toilet
08-25-2008, 16:21
Huh?

When you are out in nature, forgot your dick is hanging outside and....

I dont think i need to say more.

Toilet
08-25-2008, 16:22
toilet your rhymes are teh FAIL just stop trying

Wertyn your grammar is teh FAIL, just stop trying.

Teth
08-25-2008, 16:24
Imperfect rhymes are the tools of those treacherous wretches who can't pull off more conventional rhymes.

Purge the heretics!

Fro
08-25-2008, 16:24
A rhyme is a repetition of identical or similar sounds in two or more different words and is most often used in poetry and songs

There not alike. Purple and turtle is probably the closest maybe it's because you prenounce your words differently.

Toilet
08-25-2008, 16:33
There not alike. Purple and turtle is probably the closest maybe it's because you prenounce your words differently.

Or maybe every nation has its own set of "rules" for rhymes?

Fro
08-25-2008, 16:35

Well yours seems to have no rules for rhymes, just pick 2 words and say they rhyme.

Desperado[1G]
08-25-2008, 16:36

In my native language, "toilet" rhymes with "deaf motherfucker"

Teth
08-25-2008, 16:45
No, they don't. Languages can have independent rules for rhyme based on their unique grammatical & structural nuances, but if you're rhyming in English, then the rules of English rhyme apply.

Now if you'd rather say that you're speaking a dialect with strange and foreign pronunciation, that would be more legitimate. Still makes any attempts at rhyme very quaint and localized though, and a very far cry from being universally applicable.

ClownFoot
08-25-2008, 16:48
I take offense to this thread. I am not one third daffodil, I am one third lily.

oh btw, toilet your rhymes are shit

Dazarthas
08-25-2008, 16:50
Toilet's trolling, 'tards.

ClownFoot
08-25-2008, 16:54
Toilet's trolling, 'tards.

i was going to say he sucks shit then, but if he is intentionally trolling then he is actually doing a good job. everyone is taking him seriously and really arguing with him about it. the different country has different rhyming rules is a bit of a give away though. no one can be that retarded

wertyn
08-25-2008, 17:00
wow ive never been trolled like that b4, nj toilet

stalwart
08-25-2008, 17:09
The average size of women's breasts in Britain has increased from a 34B in the 1950s to a 36C.

i'm guessing this means that they are getting fatter. and "fat" breasts are not "good" breasts.

A penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building would only sting a pedestrian at ground level.

nope, a penny dropped from the top of the ESB would stop at the net designed to catch it.

EVERY day, 44,000 babies are born in China.

half are killed because they aren't boys.

A cow expels up to 280 litres of methane per day.

at the right temp and pressure, i could say that cows expel up to 40000 L of methane per day. this is retarded. thanks for dumbing down the general population.

Rats can run 100 yards in less than ten seconds and can jump six feet.

proven false. but they CAN survive longer than a camel can without water.

At birth, most babies cry at C or C-sharp.

and you are genetically programmed to hate it. this is so that you try to stop the baby from crying. aka, feeding it, changing the diaper, or just killing it.

The words 'tomato', 'coyote', 'avocado' and 'chocolate' all come from the Aztec language Nahuatl.

wow, that's retarded. that's simply because there were no "tomatos," "coyotes," "avocados" or "chocolate" in YUROP before they took them from the indians. and subsequently killed them with flu afterwards. or whatever.

Parabola
08-25-2008, 17:27
i'm guessing this means that they are getting fatter. and "fat" breasts are not "good" breasts.

nope, a penny dropped from the top of the ESB would stop at the net designed to catch it.

at the right temp and pressure, i could say that cows expel up to 40000 L of methane per day. this is retarded. thanks for dumbing down the general population.

and you are genetically programmed to hate it. this is so that you try to stop the baby from crying. aka, feeding it, changing the diaper, or just killing it.

wow, that's retarded. that's simply because there were no "tomatos," "coyotes," "avocados" or "chocolate" in YUROP before they took them from the indians. and subsequently killed them with flu afterwards. or whatever.

QFT.

Barbarossa
08-25-2008, 17:48
Back On topic

this is one is false also.....

Women are estimated to buy 80per cent of everything sold.

It should read ... Women are known for a fact to spend at least 80% of everything their husband earns ON FUCKING SHOES !!

I wouldn't argue that so QFT!

No, they don't. Languages can have independent rules for rhyme based on their unique grammatical & structural nuances, but if you're rhyming in English, then the rules of English rhyme apply.

Now if you'd rather say that you're speaking a dialect with strange and foreign pronunciation, that would be more legitimate. Still makes any attempts at rhyme very quaint and localized though, and a very far cry from being universally applicable.

I think I remember a poetry thread from a year or so ago. Teth seems to be quite educated about the subject. He also smote many non-believers in that thread and cast their remains to the ground below him.

If you fuck with him or try to challenge him, you will be schooled and fucking owned and in that order. :D

Mordhak
08-25-2008, 17:57
For every insurgent killed in Iraq, 250,000 bullets have been fired.

WTH, is this true? There must be a catch to this.

If not, then, fuck, learn to shoot.

stalwart
08-25-2008, 18:07
WTH, is this true? There must be a catch to this.

If not, then, fuck, learn to shoot.

yea. that's what i love about lists of facts. they typically cite ZERO sources and make a bunch of shit up. they probably included every bullet ORDERED for the war in iraq and then multiplied by 100.

also, how the fuck do they count "killed insurgents?" is this including ALL of the civilians killed?

there is absolutely NO WAY to accurately measure this.

Teth
08-25-2008, 19:11
I can actually personally confirm the bit about rats jumping six feet, but only when freaked the fuck out. They won't do that under normal circumstances.

And the Vietnam specs for ammo consumption relative to kills were similar, so no surprise there. It's the nature of infantry training - the average infantryman is trained to put out a lot of rounds to make their opponents keep their heads down. Suppressive fire and all that. In comparison, I think Army snipers use something like 1.5 bullets for every 1 confirmed kill.

Jezrith
08-25-2008, 19:53

Apparently you have some fucked up accent, because none of those words ryhmed.

Lotharr
08-25-2008, 20:05
Orange - Change

Silver - Liver

Purple - Turtle

Month - Font

Fail article.

Month - Font? What the fuck?

stalwart
08-25-2008, 20:13
I can actually personally confirm the bit about rats jumping six feet, but only when freaked the fuck out. They won't do that under normal circumstances.

And the Vietnam specs for ammo consumption relative to kills were similar, so no surprise there. It's the nature of infantry training - the average infantryman is trained to put out a lot of rounds to make their opponents keep their heads down. Suppressive fire and all that. In comparison, I think Army snipers use something like 1.5 bullets for every 1 confirmed kill.

i'm pretty sure i can jump around 500 feet. from an airplane.

Ruyan
08-25-2008, 20:17

QFT

"fat" breasts are not "good" breasts.

but I call bs on this...

Jezrith

My personal best is 12,000'

stalwart
QFT

but I call bs on this...

need a reminder?

http://wcuk.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/225629_fat_guy_in_car.jpg

Ruyan
08-25-2008, 20:21
need a reminder?

http://wcuk.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/225629_fat_guy_in_car.jpg

I fail at thinking about manboobs when I read the word "breast"... you win.

Thaeds
08-25-2008, 20:39
Rats can run 100 yards in less than ten seconds and can jump six feet.

There is no fucking way a rat is that fast. 100 yards is 91 meters, so that is saying that rats can run just about as fast as our Olympic 100m and 200m sprinters.

Can you imagine watching the Olympic 100m sprint and seeing a fucking rat come in third? Didn't think so.

stalwart
08-25-2008, 20:51
I fail at thinking about manboobs when I read the word "breast"... you win.

huge fat womanboobs aren't really much better than gloomrender's.

Teth
08-25-2008, 20:51
One of my pet rats was scared to all hell by water for some reason. Once a single drop of it fell on his head, and he then proceeded to spring across an entire bathroom and then started to bounce off the walls a few times before finally colliding with me during one of his leaps in a quivering, terrified heap.

So yes, they can go leaping six feet under their own power when the adrenaline is pumping. Normal functionality? No.

Ruyan
08-25-2008, 20:54
huge fat womanboobs aren't really much better than gloomrender's.

both are entertaining...

Fro
08-25-2008, 21:00
One of my pet rats was scared to all hell by water for some reason. Once a single drop of it fell on his head, and he then proceeded to spring across an entire bathroom and then started to bounce off the walls a few times before finally colliding with me during one of his leaps in a quivering, terrified heap.

So yes, they can go leaping six feet under their own power when the adrenaline is pumping. Normal functionality? No.

Why the hell do you have pet rats?

Dreadknought
08-25-2008, 21:12
Why the hell do you have pet rats?

He needs someone to listen to his poetry.

Poem
08-25-2008, 21:19
It is illegal in certain American States to whistle underwater.

Ruyan
08-25-2008, 21:27
It is illegal in certain American States to whistle underwater.

mouth AND ass?

Poem
08-25-2008, 21:38
mouth AND ass?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!