PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Boxing = Total bullshit?

Uzik
08-15-2008, 04:43
I was watching some olympic boxing last night.

There was this big ass eastern european guy fucking wailing on the body of this guy from the bahamas. Then the guy from the bahamas hits him with a little tap on the face, and he scores a point.

Is it just me, or does that boxing seem like it is completely bullshit when compared to American boxing?

Also, I lawled at the 106lb weight class. The only grown men who are supposed to be 106 lbs are horse jockeys.

Nefastus
08-15-2008, 04:45
We need Olympics MMA cage fighting.

MorkDaOrc
08-15-2008, 04:46
We need Olympics MMA cage fighting.

QFT

Reikson
08-15-2008, 04:55
olympic boxing is just amateur boxing, it emphasizes on technique and approach rather than power and knockouts

Simmy
08-15-2008, 04:56
olympic boxing is just amateur boxing, it emphasizes on technique and approach rather than power and knockouts

So its boring.

Reikson
08-15-2008, 04:57
So its boring.

to people who dont train and just like watching someone kicking the shit out of someone else, maybe

Slypieguy
08-15-2008, 05:03
Yea that shit sucks

Uzik
08-15-2008, 07:00
to people who dont train and just like watching someone kicking the shit out of someone else, maybe

Eh, I do kickboxing, so I wouldn't say that I don't train. I can just appreciate a nice hard body shot.

Not judging on power in boxing is like juding a grand slam competition on how nicely it looks when you hit the balls, rather than how far it goes.

I guarantee I could land tons of pretty quick little jabs on your face, but real fighters know that does jack-shit so they go for body shots and hard crosses/hooks.

heroshade
08-15-2008, 07:04
How about justs Olympics= Total bullshit?

Come on, theres people telling the crowds who to cheer for, you got a little girl who was to ugly to sing, a pissed off Swedish dude who thought he deserved the gold and got all pissy when they gave him a bronze. It's China at it's finest.

Silt
08-15-2008, 07:08
Scoring has been shitty with boxing and judo this time around, judges simply arent counting some shots but adding shots that weren't there. The judo I've seen so far was total bs, there was a call of passivity during a bloody throw on the thrower... I won't even get into the lousy scoring during the gymnastics tonight.Oh well heres hoping the next matches are scored some what consistently

Uzik
08-15-2008, 07:21
Scoring has been shitty with boxing and judo this time around, judges simply arent counting some shots but adding shots that weren't there. The judo I've seen so far was total bs, there was a call of passivity during a bloody throw on the thrower... I won't even get into the lousy scoring during the gymnastics tonight.Oh well heres hoping the next matches are scored some what consistently

All fighting should be done till tap-out or unconsciousness. That way you'd need no juding.

Reikson
08-15-2008, 07:38
All fighting should be done till tap-out or unconsciousness. That way you'd need no juding.

Matches could go on for over an hour. At the 1912 olympics there was an 11 hour wrestling match, to show the extreme side of that.

Sabin
08-15-2008, 07:49

why else would you watch boxing

Lethn
08-15-2008, 07:52
Quite frankly I think if you seriously want to watch a load of fancy crap go and watch a martial arts movie or hell even watch anime, the real stuff isn't like that in any style.

Xinnro
08-15-2008, 07:56
Quite frankly I think if you seriously want to watch a load of fancy crap go and watch a martial arts movie or hell even watch anime, the real stuff isn't like that in any style.

Um...Dumbass much?

Anime is probably the most realistic type of fighting you will find on T.V. The physics of anime are much more fluent with real life styles.

Have you ever watched sailor moon or Dragon Ball Z? Watch these animes first and educate yourself before making such stupid statements. Samurai X would do well to educate you as well.

Lethn
08-15-2008, 07:58
I'm not interested in getting into an ego flame war about martial arts again but I agree with you certainly on the martial arts genre, a lot of the fantasy type stuff is made up though, some awesome animation, histories strongest disciple kenichi is one of the martial arts anime I've watched.

Sabin
08-15-2008, 07:58
HAHAH

thats all i can say to that xin. i cant even think of a reply for that.

Spart
08-15-2008, 08:03
I read the 106lbs and thought you meant Kilo's, and I was thinking what kind of fat shit should be over that weight? Then I realised... Seriously, how does one get that light? I don't even see how the Asians can manage that.

Daarco
08-15-2008, 10:31
Isnt it the same with Olympic TaeKwonDo?
Total BS?

BladeSLicer
08-15-2008, 10:42
You'll really laugh when you see olympic fencing. It's essentially two people that, when the buzzer sounds, dive forward and to the side and smack eachother with the sword. Takes about half a second.

Surly
08-15-2008, 11:36
Olympic Boxing is otherwise known, by me, as Target Punching.

Axelator
08-15-2008, 12:37
I was watching some olympic boxing last night.

There was this big ass eastern european guy fucking wailing on the body of this guy from the bahamas. Then the guy from the bahamas hits him with a little tap on the face, and he scores a point.

Is it just me, or does that boxing seem like it is completely bullshit when compared to American boxing?

Also, I lawled at the 106lb weight class. The only grown men who are supposed to be 106 lbs are horse jockeys.

Lol american boxing? Anyway yes olympic boxing is crap because it's amateur and scored, why they can't do professional full contact boxing in the olympics I have no idea, persoanlly I think MMA should be in them too.

Axelator
08-15-2008, 12:38

I train and its boring for me.

GRCPan
08-15-2008, 12:43
It's more skill based than force based. Then again all kinds of boxing are boring.

Surly
08-15-2008, 12:45
It's more skill based than force based. Then again all kinds of boxing are boring.
Skill... yeah. I mean, I get where you're coming from and all... but Boxing is a type of fighting. That's why I call it Target Punching... like Target Shooting, you aren't actually out there trying to hurt anyone. Therefore, it isn't really "Boxing". They don't box, they fence.

Nani
08-15-2008, 13:00
I read the 106lbs and thought you meant Kilo's, and I was thinking what kind of fat shit should be over that weight? Then I realised... Seriously, how does one get that light? I don't even see how the Asians can manage that.

Man, the way you said that made me laugh

Bolter
08-15-2008, 14:04
Thats the weight class for midgets on steroids.

Agge
08-15-2008, 14:11
How about justs Olympics= Total bullshit?

Come on, theres people telling the crowds who to cheer for, you got a little girl who was to ugly to sing, a pissed off Swedish dude who thought he deserved the gold and got all pissy when they gave him a bronze. It's China at it's finest.

He got pissed long befor he acctualy got received the medal, there was this whole page about it in the news here. But straight to the point, basicly it was said the the referee was bribed or some shit like that, something about Italy and some other country that haves the moast people in the wrestling uuh...

w/e, wrestling is 2 sweaty men hugging, gay as shit.

MattMystrieo
08-15-2008, 14:13
We do need Mixed Martial Arts in the games though.

"Wrestling gay" Your an idiot.

kordoyn
08-15-2008, 14:13
It's not the boxing itself that sucks balls, it's the judging. They don't give points for clear hits, and give points where there was no contact. I don't know if they can't see from where they are sitting or if they are just idiots. There is a computer which counts the hits, which is used in the event of a draw to get a more accurate score. I don't know why they don't just get rid of the judges and have the computer score the match.

Agge
08-15-2008, 14:35
Your an idiot.

Welcome out of the closet.

Vanno
08-15-2008, 15:27
The Olympics in general, aside from track and field, are so damn subjective that they lose credibility. Even things that should seem as straight forward as Judo and Boxing suffer from retarded scoring. Also, everything is softcore and wussified.

DR.NUMBERS
08-15-2008, 15:43
The Olympics in general, aside from track and field, are so damn subjective that they lose credibility. Even things that should seem as straight forward as Judo and Boxing suffer from retarded scoring. Also, everything is softcore and wussified.

Agreed, Olympic/sport fencing suck the balls. Historical fencing is far better but if you're a real man you'd singlestick. Singlesticking kicks ass, armor optional, manly/common sense rules, unrestricted movement, heavy hard-wood stick.

Used to train for the sabre/backsword in the 19th and 20th century. Also as a sport, with one set of rules in Scotland being where one arm is tied down and requiring blood to be drawn from an opponents head.

Gunther TheBlack
08-15-2008, 16:20

Boxing always sux when judges have to decide. Not only in the olympics but in the pro circuit as well.

Vanno
08-15-2008, 16:40
Boxing always sux when judges have to decide. Not only in the olympics but in the pro circuit as well.

While there are certainly some unfortunate close calls and bs calls even in pro-boxing. For the most part, most decisions should pretty obviously go to one guy.

Vanno
08-15-2008, 16:40
Agreed, Olympic/sport fencing suck the balls. Historical fencing is far better but if you're a real man you'd singlestick. Singlesticking kicks ass, armor optional, manly/common sense rules, unrestricted movement, heavy hard-wood stick.

Used to train for the sabre/backsword in the 19th and 20th century. Also as a sport, with one set of rules in Scotland being where one arm is tied down and requiring blood to be drawn from an opponents head.

Never heard of it, but it sounds a bit homoerotic.