PDA

View Full Version : Should men take female hormones??

Eyrothath
07-15-2008, 17:02
Men who take female hormones may notice:

increased breast size
feminization of body shape
darkening of nipples
less acne
more feminine complexion
slower growth of facial hair
slower progression of baldness
reduced chance of heart attack
lowered risk of prostate cancer

They probably will:

increase their risk of breast cancer
increase the chance of blood clots which can be fatal
increase the chance of liver or gall bladder disease or tumors
decrease the size of their testicles
lower their interest in sex
alter their mood or personality in unpredictable ways

Durindana
07-15-2008, 17:02
ummm... no?

Matriel
07-15-2008, 17:03
Should be hell no.

inox
07-15-2008, 17:03
What, so both male and female hormone injections reduce the size of your testicles? Not fair. :(

Carl Ragadamn
07-15-2008, 17:04

increased breast size
feminization of body shape
darkening of nipples
less acne
more feminine complexion
lowered risk of prostate cancer

They probably will:

increase their risk of breast cancer
increase the chance of blood clots which can be fatal
increase the chance of liver or gall bladder disease or tumors
decrease the size of their testicles
lower their interest in sex
alter their mood or personality in unpredictable ways

Um to what end would a man take the hormones? Plz refine your question.

Pumpkin
07-15-2008, 17:05
If you want to become a Thai Lady Boy then clearly the answer is yes.

Eyrothath
07-15-2008, 17:06
If I could take something that would just deal with this... I would..

"less acne
lowered risk of prostate cancer"

I don't want to look like a damn girl though... That's why I am asking..

I have fucking acne like crazy, I have tried the best medicine, alchoal, scrubbing, and it's still there..

EAZYmfE
07-15-2008, 17:06
no. Op is a fag.

Viluin
07-15-2008, 17:07
No. The French did that and look how they turned out.

Eyrothath
07-15-2008, 17:07
no. Op is a fag.

I am perfectly straight, I assure you..

Agge
07-15-2008, 17:08
Captain obvius needs to visit this thread imo.

Damwa
07-15-2008, 17:09
If you were intending to spark a debate, wouldn't you need some "pro" arguments? The OP reads as a long list of "I would rather be dead than.." to my mind. (tl:dr thoroughly EDIT: The few positive health benefits could be achieved by surgery and less invasive drug therapy, if that is what you want.)

Friik
07-15-2008, 17:09
No they shouldn't. Let men be men and women be women.

Beeblebrox
07-15-2008, 17:10
Q: Should men take female?
A: Oh yez!

Q: Should men take female hormones?
A: Only if they want to become wominz.

Carl Ragadamn
07-15-2008, 17:12
I am perfectly straight, I assure you..

That not what your pics say...

Wackiness aside, just tough out the next few years and your problems will take care of themselves. Messing with your bodies chemistry is something that not even doctors do well.

Damwa
07-15-2008, 17:13
BTW; it would be crucial to making sense, to make some stipulation of the dosage you are proposing. Testosterones chemically degrade to estrogens in vivo, so all men do have some level of estrogen in the body, as far as I know.

Lethn
07-15-2008, 17:13
I think extremist sexist assholes should get an injection of female hormones so they know how someone feels when they have that sort of stuff said to them and the same should go for the extremist feminists.

EAZYmfE
07-15-2008, 17:17
I think extremist sexist assholes should get an injection of female hormones so they know how someone feels when they have that sort of stuff said to them and the same should go for the extremist feminists.

wat.

All feminists are extremists. And who cares if people call you "bad" things? Cry me a fucking river.

epicor
07-15-2008, 17:19
Why isnt there a " I like pancakes" answer on the poll? It would be more relavant to dfo.

Red Morgan
07-15-2008, 17:20
I've made a habit of devouring uteruses (pardon me, uteri) and I don't know if that means I devour hormones or not. Do you guys have any advice?

shnedit
07-15-2008, 17:22

increased breast size

Im tempted. I mean, who wouldnt want a big pair to play with when your bored.

I've made a habit of devouring uteruses (pardon me, uteri) and I don't know if that means I devour hormones or not. Do you guys have any advice?

Got big boobs? If so, i think the uteri has hormones in.

epicor
07-15-2008, 17:22

Sir fry or raw? Sushi style may be a bit dangerous. PMS (aka mad uterus disease) can be fatal. Stirfry style will cook it out though.

alfaroverall
07-15-2008, 17:23

"less acne

I have fucking acne like crazy, I have tried the best medicine, alchoal, scrubbing, and it's still there..
Oral antibiotics+topicals not work? How about Accutane (I loathe the idea of taking Accutane myself but it does work according to all the studies)?

Also, taking estrogen would initially make your acne get much, much worse as your body goes "what the hell is going on?!"

Anyway, unless you feel like you're trapped in the wrong body (and if you are I respect your decision; I know a biological female who was very masculine, generally failed in her lesbian relationships, and is now taking testosterone) no, men should not take female hormones. Any benefits that might ensue from doing so are not worth the adverse effects.

The amount would probably be comparable to the amount of natural estrogen that males have. (Yes, we have some, our pituitary gland makes some, just as women's pituitary gland makes testosterone.) Don't go around eating ovaries, though.

BTW; it would be crucial to making sense, to make some stipulation of the dosage you are proposing. Testosterones chemically degrade to estrogens in vivo, so all men do have some level of estrogen in the body, as far as I know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Steroidogenesis.gif

An interesting image.

Beeblebrox

Make sure you ask the woman first if she's alright with it. I mean....you eat from women, right?

epicor
Im tempted. I mean, who wouldnt want a big pair to play with when your bored.

Just go smoke a TON of pot then. Pot gives you boobs, no joke.

Carl Ragadamn

Um do you really want Man-hating extreme feminists roid-raging around?

Red Morgan
07-15-2008, 17:27
Got big boobs? If so, i think the uteri has hormones in.

Sir fry or raw? Sushi style may be a bit dangerous. PMS (aka mad uterus disease) can be fatal. Stirfry style will cook it out though.

The amount would probably be comparable to the amount of natural estrogen that males have. (Yes, we have some, our pituitary gland makes some, just as women's pituitary gland makes testosterone.) Don't go around eating ovaries, though.

Make sure you ask the woman first if she's alright with it. I mean....you eat from women, right?

I don't even know where they come from. They arrive in a soggy cardboard box on my doorstep every morning. I really don't know if they're human or not, but I can't stop eating them. Help. :(

I think my nipples are starting to throb...

epicor
07-15-2008, 17:30
I don't even know where they come from. They arrive in a soggy cardboard box on my doorstep every morning. I really don't know if they're human or not, but I can't stop eating them. Help. :(

mmmm mail order uterous. generally good stuff. you have a subscription or in-utero int'l? I heard they were running a special on female plancenta.

Carl Ragadamn
07-15-2008, 17:31

Its all Surly's plan to turn you into a woman for his personal dungeon.

Beeblebrox
07-15-2008, 17:32
I love eating chicken and cattle heart. Now I'm getting curious about that whole womb thing. What if there's a baby inside?

Metal Wolf
07-15-2008, 17:35
Um do you really want Man-hating extreme feminists roid-raging around?
That would be all kinds of entertaining.

Surly
07-15-2008, 17:37
What, so both male and female hormone injections reduce the size of your testicles? Not fair. :(That's just propaganda. Male hormones make your dick and balls bigger, especially testosterone, and anabolic steroids. They just shrink after you quit takin' 'em. I think you'd get a net gain still though.

Carl Ragadamn
07-15-2008, 17:38
That would be all kinds of entertaining.

Only if when they get in your face to start a fight, you are allowed to treat them like equals and beat their asses.

shnedit
07-15-2008, 17:42
That's just propaganda. Male hormones make your dick and balls bigger, especially testosterone, and anabolic steroids. They just shrink after you quit takin' 'em. I think you'd get a net gain still though.

Personal experience on this Surly?

epicor
07-15-2008, 17:43
Only if when they get in your face to start a fight, you are allowed to treat them like equals and beat their asses.

Which brings up a good point: women want equal rights until its time to joke in the office, pay their insurence, or get in a fight. Then they want to be treated like ladies because we are pigs, dangerous drivers, and brutes.... STFU woman, go make me a pie.

IcePillow
07-15-2008, 17:44
100% no ^^

Carl Ragadamn
07-15-2008, 17:46
Which brings up a good point: women want equal rights until its time to joke in the office, pay their insurence, or get in a fight. Then they want to be treated like ladies because we are pigs, dangerous drivers, and brutes.... STFU woman, go make me a pie.

You seem to misunderstand what equal rights mean to a woman, it means all the historically recognized rights and privileges of women and the ones for the men too.

Teutates
07-15-2008, 17:49
If you like it in the butt. Then you should take it proly.

Oxandrolone
07-15-2008, 17:50
One thing to add to the OP before he gets the ingenius idea to fight acne with estrogen: I assume you're still a teenager and probably growing; Estrogen can stunt the growth of long bones earlier than it otherwise would have. Just another side effect to consider.

PS: gynecomastia (the breast tissue thing) can and probably will be permanent.

Sorry if this was pointed out, I didn't read the whole thread.

epicor
07-15-2008, 17:52
You seem to misunderstand what equal rights mean to a woman, it means all the historically recognized rights and privileges of women and the ones for the men too.

So you've never seen a woman complain about a man joking about his date the night before? Women want to be treated like women with the perks of being a guy. It's one or the other be equal or don't, but you cant ask for equality and expect the special treatment given to a woman.

Damwa
07-15-2008, 17:53
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Steroidogenesis.gif

An interesting image.

I found it as well. :p
And here Linky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatase).

Medical physiology and biochemistry is far away for me now, but I seem to remember (on being prompted) that the reason why men have a lower frequency of (in old age) osteoporosis has something to with the fact that male progesterone production isn't dependent on a menstrual cycle, but on the steps by which androgenic steroid hormones are formed and degrade in the human body.
I am also getting nasty flashbacks of how complicated human physiology is. I think I will just point out that males produce a variety of "feminine" steroid hormones quite naturally, and just leave it at that.

Carl Ragadamn
07-15-2008, 17:55
So you've never seen a woman complain about a man joking about his date the night before? Women want to be treated like women with the perks of being a guy. It's one or the other be equal or don't, but you cant ask for equality and expect the special treatment given to a woman.

We are making the same point.

Damwa
07-15-2008, 17:56

Thing is, though, women don't really have any historically recognized rights in western recorded history: just "nice" things that men do in the hope that they will get some pussy down the line.

Carl Ragadamn
07-15-2008, 18:01
Thing is, though, women don't really have any historically recognized rights in western recorded history: just "nice" things that men do in the hope that they will get some pussy down the line.

Women see these as rights, they feel they are entitled to this treatment even if no man would reasonably want to have sex with them.

alfaroverall
07-15-2008, 18:04
I dunno, chivalry's policies on women got to be pretty much universal by about the 1500s as far as I know. No matter how ugly they are, they get the same level of basic respect as that really hot girl you're hoping to snag.

Damwa
07-15-2008, 18:08
Women see these as rights, they feel they are entitled to this treatment even if no man would reasonably want to have sex with them.

But there is always some guy who *would* have sex with them under the right (or under the *wrong*) circumstances.. :D

That being said; either I am really lucky or you guys are really unfortunate, 'cause I have never met as many bitches as some of you guys seem to have encountered.

Damwa
07-15-2008, 18:10
I dunno, chivalry's policies on women got to be pretty much universal by about the 1500s as far as I know. No matter how ugly they are, they get the same level of basic respect as that really hot girl you're hoping to snag.

Thing is; none of these policies ever counted for shit outside of a narrow circle of "equals" - and remember: any half-smart guy knows that being nice to the fat, ugly chick is a +50 to getting laid with her hot female friends.

losinglife
07-16-2008, 06:12
shouldnt there be an option for maybe if its medically needed to cure something

S_P
07-16-2008, 11:28
I'm pretty sure most forumfallers already have boobs.

Spart
07-16-2008, 12:22

"less acne

Roaccutane. Was awesome for me.

Czepa
07-16-2008, 12:33

"less acne

The solution is moisturizer. There will be many acne products out there that clean all the shit out of your acne, but then its all dry right. so your body creates lots of oil to re moisturize. +dirt on that = acne. so..... use the harsh acne products in the shower, moisturizer after. and there you go. good skin.

Czepa
07-16-2008, 12:34
I'm pretty sure most forumfallers already have boobs

You are much mistaken my friend.

Nehemia
07-16-2008, 12:38
I gotta say without the increased breast size, I'd might take small doses of female hormones, why? The risk of heart diseases (including heart attacks) in this country are enormous. I can say without without doubt that at least half of the "natural" deaths are because of heart diseases. Why wouldn't I want to lower that risk, at least after I've been drinking for about half of my life and smoked at least the same amount.

pookums
07-16-2008, 13:06

"less acne

Use Sudocrem. Its officially a nappy-rash cream but its also used by people who have eczema (sp?) and works a treat on open sores, sunburn, acne (tested that on my ex-boyfriend) and various other skin conditions. It also doesn't dry out your skin so you don't need to moisturise...after all...you don't want all your manly friends to think you're metrosexual or smth

Don't know how available it is out of the UK but its usually in the babycare section of supermarkets etc.

BlackVolgan
07-16-2008, 13:14
i detest any man that dresses like a woman. Im fine with it if its for abit of fun and games though.

My art school is located in the heart of gay within sydney. I see transvestites all the time. I hate it and it creeps me out. I've lived in rural country all my life so seeing this was like a huge "wtf".

Last weekend at a night club i saw some dude dressed up as a chick and he was genuinely trying to pass off as one. Skirt, makeup, done up hair, everything. At first it was funny.. but now i really feel sorry for the twat.

Ammon777
07-16-2008, 13:23
No, but this makes it all worth it.

I have the solution.

Use a sharp knife and remove the outer 5 layers of skin. Problem solved!

Smooth, tan flesh. mmmmm.

edit -- have you tried a cheese grater yet?

BlueLion70
07-16-2008, 13:43

Sucks to be you. Did you try accutane?

Viluin
07-16-2008, 13:52
If you have acne, go out and sunbathe until you burn your skin. It'll cause skin cancer later on in your life but the acne will be gone within a week!

Spinewire
07-16-2008, 14:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtEtwwCkP88
try this i'm spot free for 2 years now

BlackVolgan
07-16-2008, 14:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtEtwwCkP88
try this i'm spot free for 2 years now

holy fucking shit

iLoveMonkeys
07-16-2008, 14:47
I dont think u r a man if you do that :ninja: