PDA

View Full Version : Bulgaria

Tiarilir
06-08-2008, 16:33
So on tuesday I'm going to Bulgaria for a week. The Obzor coast to be a little specific.

I haven't been on an airplane since 2000, what things should I be aware of?

Also, what things do you recommend to do, especially if you're with the family and only have 1/2 nights for yourself? One night I'm definately going to Sunny Beach, what should I do there?
Also, what things are cheap, and what things aren't?

Thanks in advance

love

Tiarilir

Killuminati
06-08-2008, 16:35
Beware of muslims since they might be terrorists.

wowsa0
06-08-2008, 16:36
So on tuesday I'm going to Bulgaria for a week. The Obzor coast to be a little specific.

I haven't been on an airplane since 2000, what things should I be aware of?

Also, what things do you recommend to do, especially if you're with the family and only have 1/2 nights for yourself? One night I'm definately going to Sunny Beach, what should I do there?
Also, what things are cheap, and what things aren't?

Thanks in advance

love

Tiarilir

You need to bring your gun on to the aeroplane to defend against terrorists. Remember, don't let anyone take away your right to self-defence, not even the airport officials!

Erillian
06-08-2008, 16:36
Well compared to Denmark everything is cheap in bulgaria...

Gunther TheBlack
06-08-2008, 16:37
Don't take any fluids with you before departure. You gonna have to give everything to the security.

Same with tax free gifts from bulgaria, on your way home you have to give it to security if you have to do a transfer.

Staatsschutz
06-08-2008, 16:37
dont forget pills to counter dizziness :)

Bravot
06-08-2008, 16:38
Don't forget underwear.

surGeonFFS
06-08-2008, 16:38
Also, what things do you recommend to do

Don't go?

Tiarilir
06-08-2008, 16:39
Don't take any fluids with you before departure. You gonna have to give everything to the security.

Same with tax free gifts from bulgaria, on your way home you have to give it to security if you have to do a transfer.

Yeah I heard that somewhere else too. However, you're allowed to pack them down in the travel bags that you don't bring with you, right?

Erillian
Don't forget underwear.
did that once....

or not

Tiarilir
Don't go?

Why wouldn't I go? It's free

Bravot
06-08-2008, 16:40
did that once....
or not

Okay :confused:

Gunther TheBlack
06-08-2008, 16:40
Yeah I heard that somewhere else too. However, you're allowed to pack them down in the travel bags that you don't bring with you, right?

Put it in your checked in luggage, which can only be done before you enter the tax free zone.

If it's on you during the transfer you lose it.

Viluin
06-08-2008, 16:43
Rip out your lip piercings, they might set off the buzzer.

EDIT: I always wanted to go to Bulgaria after kicking ass with their team in International Superstar Soccer Deluxe on my Playstation. But then I realized it's a shitty country.

surGeonFFS
06-08-2008, 16:43
Why wouldn't I go? It's free

The plane is going to crash. I'm serious, DON'T GO! You'll die if you go.

Enjoy your doubt and angst.

Gunther TheBlack
06-08-2008, 16:45
The plane is going to crash. I'm serious, DON'T GO! You'll die if you go.

Enjoy your doubt and angst.

If he's flying with a Tupolev he's screwed!

Thoric
06-08-2008, 17:03
Oh hi.

Madrandomize
06-08-2008, 18:46
Why don't you stop by Greece for a day or two?

They are close.

A 10 hour trip by bus and you are in Athens to visit aventurine.

Paralda
06-08-2008, 18:54
As long as you wear a turban on the plane, and have remote controls duct taped to your chest, you'll be fine.

Spades Felligan
06-08-2008, 19:17
Peanuts now cost $20.00 a packet.

Skree

Apex Vertigo
06-08-2008, 19:20
I dated a girl from Bulgaria. I found it a bit odd because every once and a while I got the feeling she thought less of me because I was an American. Bitch.

Killuminati
06-08-2008, 19:21
I dated a girl from Bulgaria. I found it a bit odd because every once and a while I got the feeling she thought less of me because I was an American. Bitch.

She definitely did.

Tiarilir
06-08-2008, 19:22
She definitely did.

Who doesn't?

Apex Vertigo
06-08-2008, 19:32
Who doesn't?

Educated people?

Dredgon
06-08-2008, 19:46
Educated people?

Nope, the correct answer is dummy.

MattMystrieo
06-08-2008, 19:46
Randomly shout bomb to see if the aeroplane crew is well trained in anti-terrisiom tactics.

Erillian
06-08-2008, 19:48
Randomly shout bomb to see if the aeroplane crew is well trained in anti-terrisiom tactics.
done that twice...:P

nahh I havn'th

MattMystrieo
06-08-2008, 19:50
done that twice...:P

nahh I havn'th

You should I do it everytime,and everytime I end up in prison rather than holiday but its for the greater good.

Erillian
06-08-2008, 19:51
You should I do it everytime,and everytime I end up in prison rather than holiday but its for the greater good.
ohh I see I will do it next time ;)

Nefastus
06-08-2008, 20:07
Educated people?

lol, irony?

and...

Shads
06-08-2008, 21:04
Whatever you do, don't get sunburnt. That will only contribute to the stereotype of the beer-drinking all-red extremely dumb and fat western tourist that seems to be quite hated by Bulgarians.

Taroth
06-08-2008, 21:30
If they say they need to "search" you, IMMEDIATELY take off ALL of your clothes, including underwear and socks. If you do not follow procedure, you may be fined or arrested as a matter of security. Be warned.

Tiarilir
06-08-2008, 21:54
Whatever you do, don't get sunburnt. That will only contribute to the stereotype of the beer-drinking all-red extremely dumb and fat western tourist that seems to be quite hated by Bulgarians.

Oh I'll get sunburnt alright

If they say they need to "search" you, IMMEDIATELY take off ALL of your clothes, including underwear and socks. If you do not follow procedure, you may be fined or arrested as a matter of security. Be warned.

I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

Shads
06-08-2008, 22:25
Oh I'll get sunburnt alright.

Happy skin shedding then :)

Tiarilir
06-08-2008, 22:49

I eat it so it doesn't go to waste

kingpin
06-08-2008, 22:59

i wanted a quick tan last summer so i stayed at the sun until i could feel the sun cooking my skin.

man a few days later my back was full of little bubbles with that liquid i don't know the name in english. and after i started poping the bubbles the the skin change begun. i also remember my back was burning and hurt a lot. i tried to make a bath with freaking hot water and i was freezing!

well i don't know if that happens to people regularly but it was the first time it happened to me and i don't plan on doing it again.

Arcador
06-09-2008, 12:31
I am from Bulgaria.

No terrorist attacks so far, actually there is no reason for such things.

I admit we are a bit of noob country but especially now when we are in EU, things are getting better little by little.

--our roads are BAD, and I mean BAD. Many major roads are pretty shitty work (compared to some roads subsidied by EU which are in less populated areas which are actually very good quality)

Do not mind the unpolity low payed clerk or similar personel that hates everything and makes bad impression on outside visitors (and not only to them). Our internal controll system is slowly being incorporated.

And yes - many do not like the stereotype of western tourist since many of them which are comming are social security dependant low civilized and always unhappy by something expecting of all-inclusive for almost free services.

Lol we have Tupulev (amont with other planes) but we also have a class D plane check by Lufthansa Technik.

You will be alright :)

btw Earthrise is developed in Bulgaria by Bulgarian company.

Tiarilir
06-09-2008, 12:37
I am from Bulgaria.

And yes - many do not like the stereotype of western tourist since many of them which are comming are social security dependant low civilized and always unhappy by something expecting of all-inclusive for almost free services.

You will be alright :)

lol I believe that fits my father and his GF pretty well. I however am not really like that, I'm pretty open minded (or at least that's what I think of myself). Where in Bulgaria are you from? How easy is it to buy alcohol (assuming that it's an 18 year age limit) when you're under-aged? Also, recommendations of any bars or stuff to visit in sunny beach?

Thanks for all the other info too. I heard from someone that busses are very cheap, so if you're going somewhere you should take the bus, is that correct?

Tiarilir
06-09-2008, 16:12
Also, are there any sharks in the Black sea(/ocean?)
This is something I'd like to know, lol

Viluin
06-09-2008, 16:17
Also, are there any sharks in the Black sea(/ocean?)
This is something I'd like to know, lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea#Fauna

Tiarilir
06-09-2008, 16:59
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea#Fauna

Thanks Viluin, you always stood up for me!

Arcador
06-10-2008, 07:32
There are sharks but I've never seen one, nor a person that have seen one. They are very little by size and probably are scared the hell out of all people in the coasts in the summer.

Spirits - Genrally it is cheaper than your country, but at discos and abusive shops that relly on the tourist lack of cost information - it is pretty high. Try to find general store or something like that - you will get there most of the non-presique-brands of most of the brands for very acceptable price. For example 0.75 L Jameson is ~ 12 euro.

In the discos - especially in places like Obzor they will try to charge you more than 4 euros for 50 grams.

Beer -try to buy packed beer. In the city draft beer is OK but tourist places are abusing it.

Busses are OK as cost but you will have to stand the noob and retarded passenged who seem to forget to bath and tend to sweat like a pigs. The alternative is cabs which will dry you out with their uber costs of death. Regural cabs stay in the city. Non-regulars are not in the city since nobody uses them - so they roam and lurk for the non-expecting little tourist guy.

Use busses - althou the negative impact of the stench you might experience, you will save TIMES more money than the CAB (which may also have such issue knowing the non-graduated drivers that serves them).

Apex Vertigo
06-10-2008, 07:45
lol, irony?

and...

Because we all know geographical location determines a persons intelligence. You would had seen the point I was trying to make if you weren't so quick to throw out an insult at anybody that post.

The real irony is how little intelligence you show compared to your incredible ignorance coupled with your extreme arrogance.

Pcheez
06-10-2008, 07:46
Bulgarian cheese is fantastic with watermelon.

Went to bulgaria in 1999, shit i didnt know a place could have worse roads than lebanon.

On the upside, i lived lavishly for 2 weeks for like....300$

Arcador
06-10-2008, 15:11
Well now it is 2008 and our prices are getting EU-ish.

Not like you cannot live with $300 but certainly it will not be lavishly.

and chees with watermellon is good :D

Nasty
06-10-2008, 16:33
Bring back a detailed report of how Bulgarian chicks look. I'm semi considering going to eastern europe for a week some times this summer, mostly to fuck and live like a king because stuff is cheap, but I'm worried the chicks might not be up to my personal standards.

Arcador
06-10-2008, 22:19
Well they are one of the top ones here (in Europe) - the gross average are still slim.

Unfortunately the junk food is giving it's toll and when you add the non sport lifestyle you get a little obesity trend.

But fear not friend - there are still many that have the looks and will cleanse your eyes and with success other parts of you as well. Many are easy to get (especially at the clubs), but keep in mind some are well practiced and expect hefty toll in matter or another. Basically - the more fancy outfit one have - the heftier toll it will require (I do not mean the 'typical whores' but the harder time and money you will need to invest). Of course there are exceptions especially if you got the charms and the smoothness.

Major rule - in the summer you will see ALL KINDS of chicks - from all the country and from all the countries around.

edit: Btw Sunny Beach sux! It is expensive - A LOT EXPENSIVE, you may even see goods more priced than in your own country. The quality is average to bad - the service is also bad and it is the hell full of crowd of all kind of people and noobs! The whole Sunny Beach area is FULL OF SHITTY HOTELS OF FAIL. All the nearby cities are basically connected VIA mass hotel line into each other. One cannot make a difference what part of that area is he - you switch cities and the hotel line just continues! It is like a MADNESS of hotels!

What I mean is - if you go to Sunny Beach do not have high expectations otherwise you might be disappointed. In the summer the center of that place is like Pathong beach from the move 'the Beach'.

Jangang
06-10-2008, 22:22
Plan on several hours for the security check.

Also grease up your bung hole, they might want to stick a hand or two up there to make sure you aren't sneaking any juice on board.

Oh, and if you get hijacked make a glorious stand, and yell "Forumfallllll" as you charge the terrorists!

Tiarilir
06-13-2008, 12:03
Plan on several hours for the security check.

Also grease up your bung hole, they might want to stick a hand or two up there to make sure you aren't sneaking any juice on board.

Oh, and if you get hijacked make a glorious stand, and yell "Forumfallllll" as you charge the terrorists!

Unfortunately I died in the plane.

In other news I enjoy Bulgaria quite much, even though the weather today isnĀ“t awesome today. The obzor/byala area isnt huge either, but it is great for the average family (that is not looking for partying all night)

Also, bulgarian guy, (sorry for not remembering your name :p) What place do you recommend for shopping instead of Sunny Beach, then? Me and my family are planning to go there one day and if it is as expensive as you say then where should we go instead?

Thanks for everything you have told me though, even if I may not see the answer you give me in time, I really appreciate it :)