PDA

View Full Version : Navy SEALs

Rovo
06-07-2008, 10:20
Im going to enter BUD/S in a couple months. I killed the PST, but i know that doesn't mean much right now. Anyways I wanted to hear some opinions from the forumfallers. Would like some people to give me some reasons why it is not good to join the SEALS or maybe some encouraging opinions heh.

Marx
06-07-2008, 10:24
You won't become rich and powerful.

Krort'Paurk
06-07-2008, 10:27
Pros:

You'll will of passed the toughest military training in the entire world and done something only very very few accomplish.

Con:

Your job won't transfer anywhere in the civilian world unless you want to be a contractor.

Lethn
06-07-2008, 10:34
. You won't get paid much

. Chances of fighting aliens are slim

. The above was a joke

. I personally would much rather join a mercenary company if I was going to fight in a war at all as you'd probably get better pay and would at least be able to stay in your home country once in awhile, plus the work probably would be less dangerous compared to going on the frontlines and being forced to fight against overwhelming odds.

Rovo
06-07-2008, 10:53
I have 2 years worth of college credits ATM. Im going in the Navy partly for tuition help. But SEALs mean something to me. Im not worried about the future jobs.

Bnblue
06-07-2008, 11:04
I assume the Seals are special forces? if that's the case then you'll be at least joining a better trained and better paid unit, instead of a general infantry man.

I considered joining the armed forces myself in my younger days but over here in the UK basic entry level soldiers are paid barely over the minimum wage so that put a quick stop to that idea.

That and of course not having any faith in the govermant to be sending me somewhere where I didn't agree with polictically, not to say I wouldn't die for my country, just not die for the clowns that are actully running it.

Anyways back to topic, you'll most definately be better off in every way by joining an elite unit and I'm sure you'll have great "fun" in the service.

And as others have said, you could be in the armed services all your life then again it could be a short stay, so make sure you have other options for a life outside of that.

If nothing at all at least it'll be a memorable experience, whether that's a good or bad.

Krort'Paurk
06-07-2008, 11:08
Well if you truly qualify for buds that's something to be respected for in itself. Your level of discipline is something to learn from and I tip my hat to you. I don't know what tuition you'll receive in the seals, gi bill ect so I would weigh my options carefully if your only joining only for financial assistance, which it doesn't seem like you are.

I personally would join the seals if I was genuinely interested and I had what it took. But I don't have what it takes, nor do most people. That said no college degree, fame, amount of money ect can buy the kind of accomplishment you'll get from being a seal. Just make sure you really really want it, which it seems like you do.

Nehemia
06-07-2008, 11:12
As someone said, if you manage to pass it, you can be proud to be one of the few who managed to pass one of the world's hardest training programs.
Then as someone said, after the training you should join a PMC.
After that I can say; goodbye freedom, you'll be rich, but you don't have time to spend the money.

Steelbadger
06-07-2008, 11:14
Don't know SEALs but I do know a couple of former SAS members.

The biggest bonus'?

1) You can become a highly paid bodyguard/security manager after you're done.
2) You always get served first in bars.

Helgeran
06-07-2008, 11:18
SEALs have green cammo, it's bad on de_aztec as well as both dust maps.

Revelant
06-07-2008, 11:38
SEALs have green cammo, it's bad on de_aztec as well as both dust maps.

Big lols, and truthyness.

I have a friend in the SEALs. He is currently on his second tour overseas in Iraq, and I've known him for many years. He spent a year in BUDs (He joined really early, just to train. They don't allow most people to do this, but my friend is truly dedicated, physically in GREAT condition, and very disciplined.)

The SEALs are the most elite public branch of the military, with only around 2000 actual active soldiers, including a few hundred fighting over seas.

It's an extremely difficult, arduous journey to qualify as a SEAL, and it takes REAL commitment. I wouldn't do it if your just looking for help with school, or just to get training or something.

But if you really are dedicated, and this is something you feel you truly are meant to do, go ahead. Like some of the others have stated, becoming a SEAL is one of the highest honors a true man could have. It's more of a calling then a job.

In terms of futures, very high paying yet dangerous jobs in the non public branches of the military will be offered to you once you have experience and prove yourself, a lot of our Black Ops branches (such as Delta) recruit from SEALs almost exclusively, just because of the quality of the soldier.

If you do try to join, I wish you luck. They will put you through hell, and then bring you down further to something we don't even have a name for. But if you make it out the other side, you can truly say you are an accomplished man, and one of the best.

Quaevo
06-07-2008, 11:42
You won't get payed much

?, Norwegian Special Forces are payed about 140,000$ a year. I do not think its enough to "risk your life for", but its still a bit more then average..

Fro
06-07-2008, 11:43
Because the SEALs are pansies.

Revelant
06-07-2008, 11:56
Because the SEALs are pansies.

Try saying that to a real SEAL please!

Ask them to take pictures of your death, and then post them in here for us.

:D

Largion
06-07-2008, 11:57
Pros:

You'll will of passed the toughest military training in the entire world and done something only very very few accomplish.

Con:

Your job won't transfer anywhere in the civilian world unless you want to be a contractor.

So you think its the toughest military training in the entire world?

Fro
06-07-2008, 11:58
Try saying that to a real SEAL please!

Ask them to take pictures of your death, and then post them in here for us.

:D

Please i would simpley nipple cripple him until he cries.

Lethn
06-07-2008, 11:58
all special forces training is pretty much the toughest in the world yeesh :rolleyes:

Revelant
06-07-2008, 11:59
Please i would simpley nipple cripple him until he cries.

uh...

I... didn't know your special nipple move. Well played.

A SEAL would probably not see that one coming :lmao:

Fro
06-07-2008, 11:59
all special forces training is pretty much the toughest in the world yeesh :rolleyes:

No American sepcial forces training has to be the toughest because well um... its American?

uh...

I... didn't know your special nipple move. Well played.

A SEAL would probably not see that one coming

Exactly

Revelant
06-07-2008, 12:03
No American sepcial forces training has to be the toughest because well um... its American?

Exactly

Well, actually, of all the branches of the American military, the SEALs have the toughest training program. And of course, our special forces being one of the best in the world, lends credence to saying they have one of the toughest training programs in the world.

Which is, actually, true. Whoever was nay saying that should go look it up... scary stuff. I'll be the first to honestly admit I could never go through that without a year or two of physical and mental training beforehand. A lot of people do that, and more, just to get by the training.

Someone
06-07-2008, 12:20
Wells let's see.

Pros:

You will get bragging rights and probably a sweet barret.

Cons:

You will be an overrated fucking pussy, go join the French Fucking Foreign Legion instead, they will make a man out of you and allow you to shoot at the darkies.

Tharkon Fargor
06-07-2008, 12:24
It's quite sad that many here comment about money.

"I considered joining the army in the UK but it pays little"

"I consider joining the SEALS to help with my tutition (fees?)" .

"Join a Mercenary company if you want the money"

How sad when we get an army that doesn't even fight for an ideal or a country but instead kills people for money. How funny...imagine a politician saying this:

"the war isn't for money...it's for democracy! But the only ones willing to protect our democracy do it for money and they will now be killing for money!"

Tharkon Fargor
06-07-2008, 12:26
North korea has the tuffest training. Such stuff would be illegal in America.

Helgeran
06-07-2008, 12:30
Man you are stupid.

Revelant
06-07-2008, 12:31
North korea has the tuffest training. Such stuff would be illegal in America.

There are a few places with training that at the very least matches the SEALs, North Korea is one. Well, their SpecOp forces at least.

Israel is one such place as well, those are the guys that practice Krav Moga all day.

Tharkon Fargor
06-07-2008, 12:32
Russia also got some good guys. But yeah definetly the US Navy SEALs are top notch no doubts.

A question though: Who's better: US navy seals or Delta force?

Cause like the Navy Seals are special forces.
But the Deltas are supposed to be able to take down a shitload alone in real warfare.

Pumpkin
06-07-2008, 12:33
Russia also got some good guys. But yeah definetly the US Navy SEALs are top notch no doubts.

As long as my penis is gigantic, what does it matter?

Revelant
06-07-2008, 12:35

Cause like the Navy Seals are special forces.
But the Deltas are supposed to be able to take down a shitload alone in real warfare.

Well, technically it's delta. Delta is America's official Black Ops team, they only take the best of the best from all the other public branches of the military. So a squad of Delta soldiers will have a lot more experience, knowledge, and skill on their side then a squad of SEALs.

Though that's not a diss to the SEALs, Delta is just the best of the best for a reason.

Tharkon Fargor
06-07-2008, 12:36
Ya that's what I thought.

Revelant
06-07-2008, 12:36
As long as my penis is gigantic, what does it matter?

But WE don't know that. Take pics, and PM them to Surly. He can enjoy them and confirm.

Viranth
06-07-2008, 12:37
If you have to ask on forums if you should do it or not, I think you should pass.

Like posters above said, it's very hard, and if you have doubts, they will smell it and rape you with it.

Dredgon
06-07-2008, 12:38
Well, technically it's delta. Delta is America's official Black Ops team, they only take the best of the best from all the other public branches of the military. So a squad of Delta soldiers will have a lot more experience, knowledge, and skill on their side then a squad of SEALs.

Though that's not a diss to the SEALs, Delta is just the best of the best for a reason.

Because they love shooting those damn untrained arabs down, fuck ya.

Tharkon Fargor
06-07-2008, 12:40
Well all know American foreign policy is shit.

But two squads of Deltas could easily take out a larger group of Republican Guards even with T-80 tanks - at least duiring night.

I even think something like this happend once.

Dredgon
06-07-2008, 12:44
Well all know American foreign policy is shit.

But two squads of Deltas could easily take out a larger group of Republican Guards even with T-80 tanks - at least duiring night.

I even think something like this happend once.

You've seen way too many movies.

Madrandomize
06-07-2008, 12:45
It's quite sad that many here comment about money.

"I considered joining the army in the UK but it pays little"

"I consider joining the SEALS to help with my tutition (fees?)" .

"Join a Mercenary company if you want the money"

How sad when we get an army that doesn't even fight for an ideal or a country but instead kills people for money. How funny...imagine a politician saying this:

"the war isn't for money...it's for democracy! But the only ones willing to protect our democracy do it for money and they will now be killing for money!"

When war is considered a job in a country yes it is sad.
When a country runs out of (insert whatever missing) and then starts a war to get more then you might start to think...

What did iraq p.e. had done to america?
Oh yes the 9/11 .....and if indeed was osama then can you blame a country after a terrorist?
Or maybe it was an imperialistic move to get oil production under control?
Sry i forgot it was the nukes that supposedly iraq had....lol

Its lame to start a war based on greed...

Its honorable to fight in a war when you are defending your country.

Btw let's see how many wars will america start in the next 15 years now that oil runs dry.

I wont say more ,you might even nuke greece if it had oil ...thank god we don't.

Think for yourself .... question yourself.

Revelant
06-07-2008, 12:47
You've seen way too many movies.

Try telling that to the real life Delta squad vets during the events of Black Hawk Down, when they stormed their way through half the city on foot with one squad and ended up rescuing a whole bunch of people.

As well as many other things they have done.

The missions they do could each be turned into an action movie and produced in Hollywood.

Tharkon Fargor
06-07-2008, 12:48
:P You don't know what special forces do.

In vietnam you had US special forces go behind the lines...outnumbered 4 to 1...rescue prisoners and still take out more vietnamese.

The vietnamese had special groups to that took out a shitload of Americans in ambushes.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/delta-force3.htm

Here's some info

Dredgon
06-07-2008, 12:52
Try telling that to the real life Delta squad vets during the events of Black Hawk Down, when they stormed their way through half the city on foot with one squad and ended up rescuing a whole bunch of people.

As well as many other things they have done.

The missions they do could each be turned into an action movie and produced in Hollywood.

O ya? Well Rambo could have just knifed em all in 1 using his time machine.

Then he used their skulls to take our meteors from space.

P.s. true story!

Pumpkin
06-07-2008, 12:52

You mean try telling that to the real life Delta squad vets that had to be rescued by fucking Malaysian and Pakistani forces after failing miserably?

Matriel
06-07-2008, 14:00
You'll do a bunch of cool shit, but you'll still be a sailor. And that makes you gay.