PDA

View Full Version : What MMO's have you played?

Jangang
06-07-2008, 00:13
So?

I never got to play old UO, or AC, but I loved SB and played a couple lesser known MMO's that had a lot of pvp.

And yes, i'm sure this has been polled before. Sue me. :)

G4T0R41D5
06-07-2008, 00:16
I played SWG, so I put carebear, since thats what killed it!:D

Balicus
06-07-2008, 00:17
I've played a few others that are not on the list.. but UO was my first and by far the best.

BlackVolgan
06-07-2008, 00:19
can we get some mmo's on the list where you didnt have to be born in 1845 to play?

shnedit
06-07-2008, 00:28
I get to tick 2 outta 4 oh joy.

I missed AC , dunno what i was doing , jacking off too much probs.

Stilicho
06-07-2008, 00:28
Shadowbane and FFXI I so cool.

jordanleroux
06-07-2008, 00:34
can we get some mmo's on the list where you didnt have to be born in 1845 to play?

If I managed to play UO at launch, then you damn well better have been able to.

Jangang
06-07-2008, 00:36

Nope LOL. Those are the only three MMO's worth listing, even if I haven't played two of them. I won't include the likes of WoW, or EQ, or the like. Though I suppose Eve could have been inclued. I'll add that if it lets me still, its been a while so it prolley won't.

Edit: Nope, can't edit the poll.

Kagetoranarushi
06-07-2008, 00:40
Your list sucks,
I played all 3, Shadowbane the most time.
I kidda prefered DT over UO, but then I ended up leaving both for FPS games.
UO was fun and I enjoyed PKing, but it wasn't the end all of games.
Next time include Realm, M59, and other games so I can check more=P

Its good to be an old fuck

Shadowcreep
06-07-2008, 00:44
I never expected such a failpoll from Jangang.

Shiva-PIC
06-07-2008, 00:45
from that list, I have played UO and Shadowbane. Never got around to playing AC =/

Tiberias
06-07-2008, 00:47
ahha... GUYS GUYS GUYS HERE IS A POLL THREAD!!1!!!

Helgeran
06-07-2008, 02:19
Planetside did something great and fresh instead of trying to recreate D&D or a singleplayer game.

Spades Felligan
06-07-2008, 02:21
Where's EVE Online?

Kyur
06-07-2008, 02:24
Ive played all those, EvE should be on there, planetside, maby even Daoc.

Daccus
06-07-2008, 02:24
I played UO from the end of 98 to 2002 and I've rejoined and quit multiple times(I think I'm six months shy of 5 years). Shadowbane until Death server died. EQ for a little over a year total. SWG for three days. WoW for a year. I think that's about all of em worth mentioning.

Marx
06-07-2008, 03:19
5v5 -apxl anytime MMO noobs.

Dronagok
06-07-2008, 03:24
EQ1 EQ2 WoW UO (free shard atm never played original) and i enjoyed all of them even wow just got bored of them after a while since i overplayed them

Erroneous
06-07-2008, 03:43
Was Shadowbane anybody's first? I'm a firm believer that the first will always hold a special place in your heart, which probably biases a number of UO players (my first). I took a long break and since have flirted with most of the others. I'm impressed with the shadowbane following though simply because I believe it is not as affected by nostalgia as some of the rest.

I played it and realize it's flaws, but of the three it might have to be the closest to perfection all things considered.

Gloomrender
06-07-2008, 03:45
Kind of a short list there.

doma
06-07-2008, 11:41
Uo

Suitepee
06-07-2008, 12:21
Shadowbane briefly when it first went F2P.

Main MMO experience has been WOW though,and I wasn't around to play UO/AC/SWG.

wowsa0
06-07-2008, 12:48
So?

I never got to play old UO, or AC, but I loved SB and played a couple lesser known MMO's that had a lot of pvp.

And yes, i'm sure this has been polled before. Sue me. :)

There should not be an appostrophe in the thread title, please correct.

Mulambo
06-07-2008, 17:06
swg was cool :(

zlurp
06-07-2008, 17:25
Did anyone play RYL? Racial PVP, WASD + mouselook/mouseclick. But was level and item based, grind depended on the server. Was an awesome game though, i loved the PVP.

OT, i played Shadowbane for a bit when it first came out, controls sucked, played WoW for a bit when it came out, again controls sucked. I find it very hard to enjoy a game if i cant even move the damn guy how i want to.

Daimyo
08-16-2008, 11:11
I think the list was meant to be short because UO, AC, and SB were the real old school sandbox PvP MMO's that are closely parallel with DF but at the time were blinded by the all mighty carebear EQ. Any other MMO shouldnt be in the poll that isnt closely related to DF because i dont think we need to know everyones geeky track record of poor mmos while we were searching for a game like Darkfall.

Daoc was and could be on that list; it was really innovated and smart. Except it was a mix of carebear world and pvp frontier world but had some kick ass siegeing and huge pvp battles.

Planetside was also really fun but was no were close to any of those games on the list and not nearly as close to what DF is.

Spart
08-16-2008, 11:14
Nice thread, certainly showed how intelligent you are.

Daimyo
08-16-2008, 13:49
Nice thread, certainly showed how intelligent you are.

i dont get it?? why are u flamin jangang? I think the thread should say, what MMOs have u played that are similar to DF. I was actually going to start that thread but instead i just dug this one up and saw that it had the top 3 MMOs that are closely related to DF.

Spart
08-16-2008, 14:11
i dont get it?? why are u flamin jangang? I think the thread should say, what MMOs have u played that are similar to DF. I was actually going to start that thread but instead i just dug this one up and saw that it had the top 3 MMOs that are closely related to DF.

Oh haha, my bad, didn't realise that you had necro'd it. Don't I feel stupid.

Schwarz
08-17-2008, 21:41
You appear to have included Eve with the carebears, a grave mistake.

Rahavin
08-17-2008, 21:43
You appear to have included DAoC with the carebears, a grave mistake.

Daimyo
08-18-2008, 00:40
You appear to have included DAoC with the carebears, a grave mistake.

If ur referring to my post, I didnt say DAOC was just carebear, it is a mix of carebear with massive RvR which i mustve played for at least 2 years and had a blast while doing so. I dont know how UO's restrictions were but in Asherons Call: Darktide there were no safezones with the player created political aspect of anti-pk guilds, neutral guilds, freelancers, and of course PK guilds(only safezones were peoples housing which is a 10 feet radius barrier).

As for EvE, I know its a open pvp world with certain areas being secured by NPC police task forces etc.. But EvE and DF are two different styles of games. Space vs Medieval style ground combat.. So two different style games shouldnt be in the same category because there are so many different aspects(ie. insurance in EvE). As for AC, SB, UO... they are all very similar and actually are the roots of DF with of course many many improvements.

Edit: Now that i think about it, DAOC did have PvP only servers that not many people played on. The thing was though is that it wasnt necessarily created for that type of gameplay in the beginning when Mythic developed it. It was RvRvR with faction safezones and was actually a really good idea that hasnt been done before that.

Maize
08-18-2008, 03:30
Started with UO, played AC from about a month after release until Microsoft sold it back to Turbine. Shadowbane I played regularly at first, and then only when I tired of playing EQ wannabe's and between various other MMO's while waiting for another good game to be released.

Caffy
08-18-2008, 06:18
UO T2A through the death of pre-casting. Some on the Covetous Crew Sphere shard and IPY.

Shadowbane beta, and a few months at launch then again on and off after it went free.

I'm currently trying out the 14 days of EVE but the 5 minute lag spikes don't inspire me.

katahlyn
08-18-2008, 07:09
WoW - active subscription, DDO - trial only (didn't find in retail anymore :( ), LotRO - beta + one month, CoH(V) - trial only (those games kinda sucked), Shadowbane - 2 hours, the current free version, didn't like it, GW - played it about a year on & off, Dofus - love the turn based combat, hate the fact that it has 150+ levels.
+ a host of MMORPGs I found via ONRpg.
Thinking back, I'm kind of glad I didn't get to play UO, and AC, otherwise I probably wouldn't have finished highschool.:rolleyes: