PDA

View Full Version : Quebec Law

Jangang
06-05-2008, 00:49
So I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this. Anyway...

My gf INSISTS that in Quebec it is legal to possess and smoke pot, and it is also legal for women to walk around topless.

I say that no... Pot is tolerated, but technically illegal, and though I doubt there are masses of women walking around topless it is French Canada so that might be tolerated as well, but certainly not legal.

I know there are many Canadians 'Round Here, so I thought I'd post the question. Am I right, or wrong here?

Kyur
06-05-2008, 00:50
you have 11,000 posts.

And pot is not legal anymore in canada, it's tolerated.

80% of Canada smokes pot.

Jangang
06-05-2008, 00:50
I sure do! :D

jordanleroux
06-05-2008, 00:51
You just lost the game

Xinnro
you have 11,000 posts.

You should of ended the post here.

Kyur
You just lost the game

He lost the game, you lost at life, he wins.

Xinnro
06-05-2008, 00:52
You just lost the game

MOTHER FUCKER I JUST LOST THE GAME

Ungraylessness

That happens to be about 30 people

Aragoni
If I remember it correctly it's decriminalized and you're allowed to carry 3 grams.

kiwiandmango
Its legal everywhere in Canada for a girl to be topless, something to do with because guys get to do it too

Kyur
06-05-2008, 00:53
That happens to be about 30 people

Sarcasm or stupidity.. which was that?

Ungraylessness
06-05-2008, 00:53
Sarcasm or stupidity.. which was that?

I grew up in Canada, don't tell me how many people there are.

Ungraylessness
06-05-2008, 00:54
Its legal everywhere in Canada for a girl to be topless, something to do with because guys get to do it too

Seems fair

Kyur
06-05-2008, 00:55
I grew up in Canada, don't tell me how many people there are.

Did you grow up beside a nuclear waste?

Ungraylessness
06-05-2008, 00:58
Did you grow up beside a nuclear waste?

Only if Lake ontario was poluted to the point where swimming in it became unsanitary and a potential health risk. Otherwise no.

Kyur
06-05-2008, 01:01
To clear the OPs question up

Pot is not legal in Canada,

Having pot on you when a cop comes around will get you in serious shit no matter how much pot you have on you, however, half our police smoke pot and don't honestly enforce that law 1 little bit..

Pot is enforced in Canada as much as copied dvds.

Kekshorts
06-05-2008, 01:05
To clear the OPs question up

Pot is not legal in Canada,

Having pot on you when a cop comes around will get you in serious shit no matter how much pot you have on you, however, half our police smoke pot and don't honestly enforce that law 1 little bit..

Pot is enforced in Canada as much as copied dvds.

why is it illegal then? u.s. pressure?

Ungraylessness
06-05-2008, 01:07
why is it illegal then? u.s. pressure?

To many American stoners would be loitering Toronto

Jangang
06-05-2008, 01:13
Okay, so pot is illegal but tolerated as I thought... But I was wrong about the topless thing? Its not indecent exposure to a women to walk around town w/ her tits hanging out?

kiwiandmango
06-05-2008, 01:15
Okay, so pot is illegal but tolerated as I thought... But I was wrong about the topless thing? Its not indecent exposure to a women to walk around town w/ her tits hanging out?

Its indecent, but not illegal

jordanleroux
06-05-2008, 01:16
Its indecent, but not illegal

TITS or GTFO!!

Kekshorts
06-05-2008, 01:17
TITS or GTFO!!

lol

Zanzibar
06-05-2008, 01:17
Female toplessness is only legal in Ontario, British Columbia, and Manitoba.

Death's Chill
06-05-2008, 01:51

Indecent exposure to whom? Kids? Seriously, I'm tired of that argument. No, your kid won't be scared because he saw the opposite sex without a shirt on. ;)

Jangang
06-05-2008, 01:54
Indecent exposure to whom? Kids? Seriously, I'm tired of that argument. No, your kid won't be scared because he saw the opposite sex without a shirt on. ;)

Um, did you even read the thread?

Indecent exposure as in, "Mam, you are under arrest."

I was simply inquiring as to the law in Quebec as in the US a women walking around topless would be arrested as quickly as a man walking around bottomless. But I'd heard that in Quebec its perfectly legal, so I asked here where I know some Canadians frequent.

You act like I'm judging, when I'm simply asking.

Kyur
06-05-2008, 01:59
Walking around topless as a girl gets you in as much trouble as a guy running around with his jimmy hanging out.. that's the point and that's what matters.

Just like the Pot law however, As a topless women you won't have many guy cops or men in general calling you in, specially if you look damn good doing it.

Arkir
06-05-2008, 02:08
I hate the laws about indecent exposure. If I walk into class with no pants, you should all be happy. There is nothing indecent about Brian, or his friends Pueblo y Santiago. I think I'm more than decent XD

Would a male cop even do anything about a topless woman?

BTW Kiwi, do you live in Kanada? =D lol playin'.

Death's Chill
06-05-2008, 02:09
Um, did you even read the thread?

Indecent exposure as in, "Mam, you are under arrest."

I was simply inquiring as to the law in Quebec as in the US a women walking around topless would be arrested as quickly as a man walking around bottomless. But I'd heard that in Quebec its perfectly legal, so I asked here where I know some Canadians frequent.

You act like I'm judging, when I'm simply asking.

Oh okay never mind. The way you stated it was as if you thought that it was wrong. :p

Kekshorts
06-05-2008, 02:10
I hate the laws about indecent exposure. If I walk into class with no pants, you should all be happy. There is nothing indecent about Brian, or his friends Pueblo y Santiago. I think I'm more than decent XD

Would a male cop even do anything about a topless woman?

BTW Kiwi, do you live in Kanada? =D lol playin'.

that depends, a topless woman with a nice body? or a topless woman jogging down the street with half filled sand bags hanging off her chest.

Malhavok
06-05-2008, 05:03

No, but everyone would be scared if they saw you topless. Flabby tits.

losinglife
06-05-2008, 05:25
fat women topless = banned. fat men topless = banned.

The pot thing is due to us pressure and canada being full of pussies.

GFH_Spike
06-05-2008, 05:38
fat women topless = banned. fat men topless = banned.

The pot thing is due to us pressure and canada being full of pussies.

Forcing squeamish people to avert their eyes is not a crime. Public nudity and all forms of cannabis should be legal.

Graysin
06-05-2008, 05:53
In BC it's not indecent exposure for a woman to have no shirt on, there's this one 50~ year old who goes to the leisure center swimming and rides her bike around town (maple ridge near Vancouver), it's indecent and it exposes people to horrible old boobs, but its not indecent exposure :(

losinglife
06-05-2008, 06:13
Forcing squeamish people to avert their eyes is not a crime. Public nudity and all forms of cannabis should be legal.

Fuck yeah fat people are a crime!

GFH_Spike
06-05-2008, 06:22
Fuck yeah fat people are a crime!

Why isn't your mother in prison then?

losinglife
06-05-2008, 06:30
Why isn't your mother in prison then?

ha! like i would let a family member get fat... pff. You might be thinkin of your own mom tho since you were bangin both last night in your dads bed.

GFH_Spike
06-05-2008, 06:33
ha! like i would let a family member get fat... pff. You might be thinkin of your own mom tho since you were bangin both last night in your dads bed.

Oh, I wondered why there were noises coming from the closet.

Mippoose
06-05-2008, 06:38
Seems fair

I wouldn't mind.

Unless they allow hideous women to do it too.

GFH_Spike
06-05-2008, 06:42
I wouldn't mind.

Unless they allow hideous women to do it too.

The problem with that are the fat police officers sympathetic to fellow fatties and bearing an extreme prejudice born out of jealousy towards attractive people.

We need to fire the fatties in the police force, obviously.

Leathlord
06-05-2008, 06:43
So I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this. Anyway...

My gf INSISTS that in Quebec it is legal to possess and smoke pot, and it is also legal for women to walk around topless.

I say that no... Pot is tolerated, but technically illegal, and though I doubt there are masses of women walking around topless it is French Canada so that might be tolerated as well, but certainly not legal.

I know there are many Canadians 'Round Here, so I thought I'd post the question. Am I right, or wrong here?

It's illegal to posses, smoke or transport marijuana in Canada. A friend last year got 4 years for having 1 joint on him.

As for women walking around topless it was made law by a bunch of feminist activists and when it first got instated women were walking around topless everywhere but not anymore :-(.

Leathlord
06-05-2008, 06:45
P.S. for the idiots out there:

POT HELPS cause cancer and it is bad for you. We just illegalized indoor and public cigarette smoking. Do you really think they'll legalize marijuana dumb asses?

Mippoose
06-05-2008, 06:49
The problem with that are the fat police officers sympathetic to fellow fatties and bearing an extreme prejudice born out of jealousy towards attractive people.

We need to fire the fatties in the police force, obviously.

Even fat men don't like fat women.

losinglife
06-05-2008, 06:50
Oh, I wondered why there were noises coming from the closet.

the goat was probably hungry, you gotta feed those things everyonce in a while.

GFH_Spike
06-05-2008, 06:53
Even fat men don't like fat women.

Fat men have fat wives, and wives wield great influence over husbands. :(

the goat was probably hungry, you gotta feed those things everyonce in a while.

Oh, I didn't realize how fond you are of oral.

Mippoose
06-05-2008, 06:55
Fat men have fat wives, and wives wield great influence over husbands. :(

I bet 3/4 of those fat wives weren't fat when they got married.

heroshade
06-05-2008, 07:23

do you deal in this kiwi?

Death's Chill
06-05-2008, 07:37
P.S. for the idiots out there:

POT HELPS cause cancer and it is bad for you. We just illegalized indoor and public cigarette smoking. Do you really think they'll legalize marijuana dumb asses?

Please show me any credible medical article or link that provides evidence that attests to your statement, seriously. You can't. Marijuana is not toxic, it has nothing but health benefits.

heroshade
06-05-2008, 07:40
Please show me any credible medical article or link that provides evidence that attests to your statement, seriously. You can't. Marijuana is not toxic, it has nothing but health benefits.

isn't the reason it's illegal here "because people do stupid shit" when their stoned? I mean, not that I or any of my friends have done anything life-threatening or something. Im not really getting why it's illegal

Leathlord
06-05-2008, 08:03
LOL

hilarious @ above 2 posers. Maybe you 2 should go to uny or better yet med school and learn up about cancer. As for marijuana being a contribution to cancer it's not because of it's compounds so much as it's how you smoke it.

A cigarette you puff and blow out. A blunt you smoke and hold the smoke in your lungs to get a high. It's like smoking 10 cigarettes. Hell it'd be better if you took up regular smoking over regular marijuana.

Tug
06-05-2008, 08:05
Any smoke going into your lungs is harmful. Smoking pot causes cancer, not as badly as cigarettes, but it's still foreign material in your lungs, clogging the works, causing irritation and scar tissue, which can develop into cancer.

Being intoxicated and having impaired judgement is bad.
Intoxicated people cause accidents while driving or operating heavy machinery.
Marijuana intoxicates you.
Alcohol intoxicates you.

Marijuana takes you to a very significant level of intoxication after one joint, in a matter of minutes. It takes several alcoholic drinks to achieve the same level of intoxication, more for some than others.

Alcohol can be paced easily and responsibly.
Marijuana cannot be paced easily and responsibly.

Marijuana also has significant impact on short term memory, and for some is a much more potent gateway drug... not for all, I've met some perfectly respectable "pot only" smokers.

However, I've had weeks of my own life blanked out by long stoned periods. I don't do it anymore because I prefer to have memories of enjoyable experiences. I also enjoy not waking up and wondering where my money went, after a binge on cheetos and beef jerky.

It's not legal because it's not something you can do and maintain a reasonable expectation of being able to behave responsibly. If there were some way of getting a steady mini-buzz going from pot, without going from sober to stoned in minutes, I'd be more disposed to vote to legalize it.

Since there isn't, I wholeheartedly support keeping it illegal for personal and recreational use in the US.

fRdz
06-05-2008, 08:06
In most countries it's only illegal because they have to copy-cat 'real' countries.
Such as the tardish UK.

fRdz
06-05-2008, 08:09

I would suppose so, but how many times does alcohol get consumed slowly by people on a night out? I mean, in Norway 80% of the murder cases here are alcohol fused, and almost non are drug fused.

Titus Ultor
06-05-2008, 08:42
Any smoke going into your lungs is harmful. Smoking pot causes cancer, not as badly as cigarettes, but it's still foreign material in your lungs, clogging the works, causing irritation and scar tissue, which can develop into cancer.

Alcohol intoxicates you.

Marijuana takes you to a very significant level of intoxication after one joint, in a matter of minutes. It takes several alcoholic drinks to achieve the same level of intoxication, more for some than others.

Since there isn't, I wholeheartedly support keeping it illegal for personal and recreational use in the US.

The only vaguely consequential statement here is that "people cause accidents while driving or operating heavy machinery." ..okay? So let's make it a crime to drive/operate under the influence.

What you seem to be saying is that being intoxicated in any form should be illegal. Should we enforce a two-drink limit in bars?

Death's Chill
06-05-2008, 08:45
isn't the reason it's illegal here "because people do stupid shit" when their stoned? I mean, not that I or any of my friends have done anything life-threatening or something. Im not really getting why it's illegal

No. The only thing that happens when you smoke pot is that you feel more tired or "lazy", and there is also some short-term memory issues that arise, but only while on the substance, no long-term effects have ever been reported as far as I am aware.

Alcohol is much more potent and dangerous, both for health reasons and for the loss of one's ability to think rationally. It's funny, but the legal drugs are much more dangerous and toxic than marijuana. In fact, they are in separate fucking leagues altogether.

Death's Chill
06-05-2008, 08:48
LOL

hilarious @ above 2 posers. Maybe you 2 should go to uny or better yet med school and learn up about cancer. As for marijuana being a contribution to cancer it's not because of it's compounds so much as it's how you smoke it.

A cigarette you puff and blow out. A blunt you smoke and hold the smoke in your lungs to get a high. It's like smoking 10 cigarettes. Hell it'd be better if you took up regular smoking over regular marijuana.

Do you even realize how cancer is formed? Do you even fucking know what cancer is?

Of course there are health issues from SMOKING marijuana, there are health issues from SMOKING anything, that's just painfully obvious. That is not the discussions purpose whatsoever. You'd of thought this to be painfully obvious.

There are many forms and ways to take in marijuana, the most common form is smoking, but there are so many other uses and ways to administer it, that it is not the substance that is dangerous, merely the act of smoking it that can cause health problems. Again, not the substance, but the administrative choice, as in how you get it inside your body. ;)

Death's Chill
06-05-2008, 08:56

Yes, smoke going into your lungs is harmful.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Alcohol intoxicates you.

Correction, being intoxicated and having impaired judgment is bad only if you happen to be doing something that could endanger someone else, I.E. driving, which is why alcohol isn't illegal, but the act of driving while having consumed a moderate amount is. The same should apply to all drugs; they should not however be illegal to sell or use on your own time, when the only danger is to yourself. You own your body, and thus you are free to do with it as you will.

You realize the effect of marijuana is extremely different from that of being drunk, correct?

If you're talking from personal experience, you're either immeasurably weak or you have no will power whatsoever. You can take anything in moderate quantities, pot doesn't hinder you from making decisions, the worst case scenario is that you'll feel so lazy and tired that you won't leave your couch for hours. Oh noes! :rolleyes:

Marijuana also has significant impact on short term memory, and for some is a much more potent gateway drug... not for all, I've met some perfectly respectable "pot only" smokers.

That's like saying cigarettes or alcohol are a gateway drug... rofl. No, they aren't. People don't try it and then go "Oh yeah, that's great, now let's go get some more advanced drugs and screw ourselves up, fuck yes!" :rolleyes:

You don't give people any credit.

However, I've had weeks of my own life blanked out by long stoned periods. I don't do it anymore because I prefer to have memories of enjoyable experiences. I also enjoy not waking up and wondering where my money went, after a binge on cheetos and beef jerky.

Well, that's good for you. I myself would never take any drugs. I happen to enjoy being pure and natural, but I have no right to dictate what others can or cannot do with their own bodies. It's just that simple. I don't get what the big debate is over this, there's nothing to debate.

It's not legal because it's not something you can do and maintain a reasonable expectation of being able to behave responsibly. If there were some way of getting a steady mini-buzz going from pot, without going from sober to stoned in minutes, I'd be more disposed to vote to legalize it.

I'd prefer to be around a serious stoner than a serious alcoholic any day.

The irony here is that you actually seem to believe that it being illegal seems to decrease its use... that's hilarious. :lmao:

Malhavok
06-05-2008, 09:32

You started off well.

Alcohol intoxicates you.

So does sex. Sex is bad mmkay its time to go extinct weeee.

And one handle of 151 will put you in a hospital. The joint wins. Smoke/shoot a joints worth of heroine and see what it does to you. Or maybe 1/16th of an ounce of Coumadin.

Wrong.

Asprin is a much bigger gateway drug. I bet just about every crack head has taken an aspirin. Clearly Aspirin is turning us into crack heads.

Just because you can't use something responsibly due to having zero self-restraint doesn't mean everyone else has a similar lack of mental fortitude. I smoked for five years and never had a day of my life blanked out, including a period where I rolled out of bed smoked a bowl went to class, got As, sports practice, smoked a bowl on the way to work, worked, smoked a bowl and studied before smoking another bowl and hitting the sack.

Uh huh. Tell me again why pretty much everyone I knew in the UC system which caters to the top 8% smoked regularly? The hugest pothead I know graduated from Berkley Magnum Cum Laude with degrees in Economics and History. He's now in his first year at Columbia law. And still smokes.

So because you're basically incapable of keeping your life from being destroyed by a drug that is heavily used by many of the brightest and most successful people you come to the conclusion that it should be illegal because no one can use it responsibly. Interesting.

ArdentAngel
06-05-2008, 09:39

Actually it causes paranoia over time. I know a guy whose 30 was medicated by his parents since he was 8 with pot. Hes basically schizophrenic, however i dont have any compassion for him since hes a complete asshole. Just saying though, few things have nothing but health benefits.

My mother actually used to smoke pot before a big test but she noticed she didn't remember the material as well compared to when she didnt smoke. Pretty significant amount of material i believe but it probably depends on the person.

MandorRook
06-05-2008, 09:41
Ok. First let me clear something up. It's a myth that pot is illegal everywhere. It's legal in about 2/3s of the world in the same way alcohol or cigarettes are legal. It's "controlled" meaning you can possess and use it legaly if you meet the conditions to do so. In most cases this means using it medicinally. Saying pot is "illegal" is missleading because most people who want to use pot wish to do so under circumstances where it would not be legal, but the substance itself is not flat out banned, not even in America where several states trump federal law to legalized pot for medicinal use.

Malhavok
06-05-2008, 09:50
Ok. First let me clear something up. It's a myth that pot is illegal everywhere. It's legal in about 2/3s of the world in the same way alcohol or cigarettes are legal. It's "controlled" meaning you can possess and use it legaly if you meet the conditions to do so. In most cases this means using it medicinally. Saying pot is "illegal" is missleading because most people who want to use pot wish to do so under circumstances where it would not be legal, but the substance itself is not flat out banned, not even in America where several states trump federal law to legalized pot for medicinal use.

Well, not really. The DEA conducts frequent raids and seizes the property of both marijuana clinics as well as private citizens in California, one of those states with medicinal marijuana programs, as well as pressing charges. Generally you're looking at months to decades imprisonment for possession, cultivation, or sale of marijuana for medicinal uses approved by the California.

http://www.canorml.org/news/fedmmjcases.html

Tug
06-05-2008, 09:51
but I have no right to dictate what others can or cannot do with their own bodies

Yeah, you do. You have the right to expect me not to find you and beat the hell out of you for no good reason.

You own your body, and thus you are free to do with it as you will.

Except when you use that body in a way that endangers others. You don't have that right; that's why there are laws punishing misbehavior.

Impairing your judgment is fine. If it affects me, I have the right to stop it. We outlawed pot because stoned people are idiots, and idiots get themselves and others hurt.

Every pot user I've ever talked to has had similar experiences. One hit can get some people high for hours. One joint is always enough to get someone ripped. One beer is good for a few minutes buzz for a majority of folks. There's no such thing as a light buzz with pot smokers. It's sober, or varying levels of stoned. I suppose a tiny little whiff every now and then over the period of a few hours could be compared to drinking beer, but I don't think it's fucking likely to happen in real life.

At best, I would tolerate it being decriminalized. I would never support recreational legalization, because I don't want to deal with a bunch of stoned idiots out in public every day. Sober people are retarded enough.

If you haven't been stoned, you don't have a clue wtf you're talking about. There's no common point of reference, other than the universal effects of intoxication (poor judgment, slowed physical reactions, slowed mental processes, lack of inhibitions.)

It feels good. It's scary and a rush, because you don't have control. You're on autopilot, making suggestions, but with no real ability to consciously control your actions or thoughts or words. Everything important stops mattering. You're enveloped in a wonderful haze of well-being.

Try explaining the sensation of an orgasm to a virgin, sometime. There's no possible way to understand the sensation until you've experienced it.

MandorRook
06-05-2008, 10:05
Well, not really. The DEA conducts frequent raids and seizes the property of both marijuana clinics as well as private citizens in California, one of those states with medicinal marijuana programs, as well as pressing charges. Generally you're looking at months to decades imprisonment for possession, cultivation, or sale of marijuana for medicinal uses approved by the California.

http://www.canorml.org/news/fedmmjcases.html

The DEA is federal. It's legal in many states to use marijuana under the right circumstances. Federal law is enforced every once in a while to try and force these states to repeal their laws, but it has had the opposite effect causing more states to legalize it. And in the cases where the DEA is raiding clinics in California is when the legal status is in question. They don't raid the clinics and growers they can not prove are growing or selling outside the allowance of the law.

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/ongoing/calimarijuana.html

Malhavok
06-05-2008, 10:06
Yeah, you do. You have the right to expect me not to find you and beat the hell out of you for no good reason.

Except when you use that body in a way that endangers others. You don't have that right; that's why there are laws punishing misbehavior.

Impairing your judgment is fine. If it affects me, I have the right to stop it. We outlawed pot because stoned people are idiots, and idiots get themselves and others hurt.

Every pot user I've ever talked to has had similar experiences. One hit can get some people high for hours. One joint is always enough to get someone ripped. One beer is good for a few minutes buzz for a majority of folks. There's no such thing as a light buzz with pot smokers. It's sober, or varying levels of stoned. I suppose a tiny little whiff every now and then over the period of a few hours could be compared to drinking beer, but I don't think it's fucking likely to happen in real life.

At best, I would tolerate it being decriminalized. I would never support recreational legalization, because I don't want to deal with a bunch of stoned idiots out in public every day. Sober people are retarded enough.

If you haven't been stoned, you don't have a clue wtf you're talking about. There's no common point of reference, other than the universal effects of intoxication (poor judgment, slowed physical reactions, slowed mental processes, lack of inhibitions.)

It feels good. It's scary and a rush, because you don't have control. You're on autopilot, making suggestions, but with no real ability to consciously control your actions or thoughts or words. Everything important stops mattering. You're enveloped in a wonderful haze of well-being.

Try explaining the sensation of an orgasm to a virgin, sometime. There's no possible way to understand the sensation until you've experienced it.

Ninety pound chicks get buzzed off one beer, any self-respecting guy has to knock back at least a couple before they feel it. If you actually get any sort of buzz of one 12oz beer you're a serious lightweight. On the other hand knock back even a small bottle of Everclear. The point? You don't have to smoke a whole joint. You can take a hit. If a hit gets you "I'm fucked up man" then take a smaller one. It's not rocket science.

And I don't know where this "don't have a care in the world everything is all happy-goodness haze" stuff is coming from. I've had good highs and highs were I'm paranoid as hell. I've never once thought that everything important stopped mattering while high on marijuana. No wonder you can't control yourself. That sounds more like the high I'd describe from acid except instead of everything that matters becomes even more important and not less.

Tug
06-05-2008, 10:24
So because you're basically incapable of keeping your life from being destroyed by a drug that is heavily used by many of the brightest and most successful people you come to the conclusion that it should be illegal because no one can use it responsibly. Interesting.

Because I've never met a pot smoker (and I've met dozens, if not hundreds) capable of keeping his or her life together while stoned all the time. And the longer they smoked, the more often they smoked. I was, and am, perfectly capable of sitting back and saying "gee, I think I'll stop being stoned all the time, because pot makes blithering idiots out of people."

Pot isn't a gateway drug of itself, but Pot culture makes it a gateway to other drugs. Dealer networks are never functional, healthy, happy groups. You're 2 degrees of separation from someone who's doing meth or heroin, almost guaranteed, whether you're an upper class yuppy dude or a stoner flipping burgers.

Ninety pound chicks get buzzed off one beer, any self-respecting guy has to knock back at least a couple before they feel it. If you actually get any sort of buzz of one 12oz beer you're a serious lightweight. On the other hand knock back even a small bottle of Everclear. The point? You don't have to smoke a whole joint. You can take a hit. If a hit gets you "I'm fucked up man" then take a smaller one. It's not rocket science.

Moderate use in a responsible way is possible under tightly controlled circumstances. Go camping or stay home for a weekend and don't let yourself drive, etc, hey, I don't have a problem with that. As long as you don't have a kid or an elderly person to take care of (at least, gramps better be getting his turn at the hookah.) It's not rocket science, but who the fuck is going to take a little whiff of smoke and be satisfied? Add in peer pressure, because taking a tiny little hit makes you look like a pussy.

Random, oh lets get a joint at the bar, common consumption similar to the way people get drunk... uh, no. That's inviting all sorts of disaster.

And I don't know where this "don't have a care in the world everything is all happy-goodness haze" stuff is coming from. I've had good highs and highs were I'm paranoid as hell. I've never once thought that everything important stopped mattering while high on marijuana.

Every other pot smoker I've ever met has agreed with the "general feeling of well being." I used to call them my Golden Moments. And yes, I've been paranoid as fuck as well. And talked to my shoes, my first time.

Haven't you ever seen a kid neglected by a stoner dad? The stuff that should be important doesn't have as big an impact as it should.

But.

You're being argumentative for no good reason. Go smoke a bowl, hippie.

Malhavok
06-05-2008, 11:15
Because I've never met a pot smoker (and I've met dozens, if not hundreds) capable of keeping his or her life together while stoned all the time. And the longer they smoked, the more often they smoked. I was, and am, perfectly capable of sitting back and saying "gee, I think I'll stop being stoned all the time, because pot makes blithering idiots out of people."

I've never met anyone in my life who has kept their life together all the time. As much as it may shock you to hear this just about every functional person has also sat back and said the same thing. "Gee I think I drank too much last night and now I have a massive hang over... I should stop drinking so much" != alcohol needs to be criminalized. Hell, I've done stupid things when sober. Either you're advocating that living must be a criminal activity because it can make you behave like an idiot or you're being a hypocrite. Which is it?

Pot isn't a gateway drug of itself, but Pot culture makes it a gateway to other drugs. Dealer networks are never functional, healthy, happy groups. You're 2 degrees of separation from someone who's doing meth or heroin, almost guaranteed, whether you're an upper class yuppy dude or a stoner flipping burgers.

I guess I never considered that a problem. I've never been farther than 1 degree of separation from people who were doing meth and heroin and I've never used nor been inclined to use the stuff in my life. For anyone with some self-control knowing someone who is a user doesn't mean you must become one yourself.

Moderate use in a responsible way is possible under tightly controlled circumstances. Go camping or stay home for a weekend and don't let yourself drive, etc, hey, I don't have a problem with that. As long as you don't have a kid or an elderly person to take care of (at least, gramps better be getting his turn at the hookah.) It's not rocket science, but who the fuck is going to take a little whiff of smoke and be satisfied? Add in peer pressure, because taking a tiny little hit makes you look like a pussy.

And no you're contradicting yourself. I thought it was "not something you can do and maintain a reasonable expectation of being able to behave responsibly"? How can you have no problem doing something that isn't reasonably possible to do responsibly? I've gone and fucked up the rotation because I had things I had to do, but then I guess that gets back to the whole having some degree of self-control and not being such a pussy that you cave in to every incident of peer pressure because you're too afraid of being perceived as one.

Every other pot smoker I've ever met has agreed with the "general feeling of well being." I used to call them my Golden Moments. And yes, I've been paranoid as fuck as well. And talked to my shoes, my first time.

It's not the general feeling of euphoria I find perplexing. It's the ceasing to care about everything important. Never had that happen. I've talked to more than a few toilet rims when drunk.

Haven't you ever seen a kid neglected by a stoner dad? The stuff that should be important doesn't have as big an impact as it should.

Yup. I've also seen an EQ addict do the same thing. My own dad was a workaholic. Great when he was there, but mostly absent. And I haven't smoked in hmm three years?

My advice is that if you can't handle being disagreed with you refrain from stating your anecdotal experiences as the be all end all truth. It may very well be that you are incapable of smoking pot without your life going up in flames. I neither know nor care if this is true. What I do know is true is that plenty of people are capable of doing so. In general people will always try and tell you that because they cannot do something it is impossible, even when all they need do is open their eyes and see it occurring all around them. If you can't handle having that poignantly pointed out to you and feel I'm being overly confrontational and combative merely because I strongly disagree that's frankly your problem.

losinglife
06-05-2008, 12:03
Smoking pot causes cancer, not as badly as cigarettes,

case study please or gtfo

killerchicken
06-05-2008, 12:04
you have 11,000 posts.

And pot is not legal anymore in canada, it's tolerated.

I thought "pot" was legal in some places in canada? There are websites you can buy it of in canada, unless they are illegal.:eek:

MandorRook
06-05-2008, 13:07
I thought "pot" was legal in some places in canada? There are websites you can buy it of in canada, unless they are illegal.:eek:

Well the way the law works is there are "Illegal" actions, "legal" actions and then there are "Illegal, but unenforced" actions. For instance. It is technically illegal to drive your car at night in Florida unless you have someone on a white horse with a lantern leading it by at least 20 ft. This law is of course never enforced and is an extreme example of a law that has become socially outdated, but not removed from the books. This is the general attitude toward marijuana in many places, Amsterdam included. However the blanket label of "illegal" does not apply to marijuana anymore than it applies to alcohol. Both are legal and illegal depending on the circumstances surrounding their acquisition and use. If you are 20 years old in most states, you can not legally purchase, possess or consume alcoholic beverages, however you can possess and consume medicines containing alcohol and some of those cough medicines have around 40% alcohol content. Marijuana is not an illegal drug. It is a controlled substance with legal uses that can be used illegally, so is any prescription drug, so are cigarettes, alcoholic beverages and many other things.

Slaker
06-05-2008, 13:12
Wtf you guys are talking about, the OP asked if it was legal in Quebec, wich means No! No for topless girls walking around, the pot is tolerated in small quantity like 3g. You can't have like 300 plants in your basement and they won't do shit. Keep dreaming.

PS. I live in Quebec.

MandorRook
06-05-2008, 13:24
Wtf you guys are talking about, the OP asked if it was legal in Quebec, wich means No! No for topless girls walking around, the pot is tolerated in small quantity like 3g. You can't have a like 300 plants in your basement and they won't do shit. Keep dreaming.

PS. I live in Quebec.

The topless issue in Ontario has not died down. Quite the contrary. The controversial decision in 1996 of the Ontario Court of Appeal, that women exposing their breasts in public was legal, based on their "equality" with men, and not an indecent act under the Criminal Code, was referred last summer by the federal government to the Criminal Law Section of the Uniform Law Conference. The latter organization consists of representatives from the federal and provincial governments and the legal community. The Conference will report in August, 1998 on whether legislative change is necessary or desirable on the topless issue. (http://www.realwomenca.com/newsletter/1998_mar_april/article_10.html)

It is fairly clear that it is in fact legal in Quebec and has been for over a decade. I haven't found any information about the repeal of this law. It also is legal in many communities in the U.S. including N.Y.

More progressive communities such as New York city have made it legal for women to go topless. One woman was cited and held by New York police for several hours before finally being released when the court said that she had the legal right to go topless just as men can. (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_legal_for_a_female_to_be_topless_i n_public_places_where_men_can_be_topless )

And of course at least in the U.S. a woman may bare her breast anywhere if she is breast feeding a child and any action taken to force her to cover up, move, stop feeding or admonishment for her exposure can get you tied up in litigation for oh about 6 trillion years. I think the flight attendant that kicked the lady off a plane for breast feeding was sent to Guantanamo bay as an enemy combatant.

Slaker
06-05-2008, 13:29
It is fairly clear that it is in fact legal in Quebec and has been for over a decade. I haven't found any information about the repeal of this law. It also is legal in many communities in the U.S. including N.Y.

And of course at least in the U.S. a woman may bare her breast anywhere if she is breast feeding a child and any action taken to force her to cover up, move, stop feeding or admonishment for her exposure can get you tied up in litigation for oh about 6 trillion years. I think the flight attendant that kicked the lady off a plane for breast feeding was sent to Guantanamo bay as an enemy combatant.

Yeah come here for fun with your women and let her walk topless. And EVEN if it might be legal wich I doubt there is not a single woman walking topless. Ontario doesnt = Quebec.

MandorRook
06-05-2008, 13:37
Yeah come here for fun with your women and let her walk topless. And EVEN if it might be legal wich I doubt there is not a single woman walking topless. Ontario doesnt = Quebec.

Ah you're right, I got Ontario and Quebec mixed up.

Slaker
06-05-2008, 13:46
Ah you're right, I got Ontario and Quebec mixed up.

Ah :P Well its ok lol a lot of ppl get mixed up with Quebec and Ontario. Anyway Ontario yeah its legal like Zanzibar said. But Quebec I doubt...well I havent seen a single woman walking topless in 19 years. Except my girl friend :ninja: