:)

lameboi
06-03-2008, 21:18
is that yes to DF? be more specific jesus

Zwarp
06-03-2008, 21:20

yes, and my name is not jesus.
From what I hear, War sucks dragon ballz, but i can't be more specific, sorry, the thread might get closed then.

The Cougar
06-03-2008, 21:21
Lol.

Ragnika
06-03-2008, 21:22
Even though I visit the Darkfall forums everyday in utter anticipation of this game. So much so, that I find even the Off-topic of the game appeasing to my senses. Buuuuut...I'm gonna go ahead and say Warhammer is better...just cause.

Agge
06-03-2008, 21:23
DF > Warhammer!

BladeSLicer
06-03-2008, 21:24
That's odd, I was unaware that either had been released.

Agge
06-03-2008, 21:25
That's odd, I was unaware that either had been released.

Wich would put them in even terms right? Thus the one that sounds the coolest win.

Deja vu
06-03-2008, 21:26
of course you will get an unbiased opinion here in forumfall

Aery
06-03-2008, 21:26
I feel the need for a big: DOOOOOOOOOOOOH ! DUMBARSE ! :bang:

lameboi
06-03-2008, 21:27
i defy you to give me one reason that war looks better!

Red Morgan
06-03-2008, 21:28
Well, assuming both sides fulfill their promises to include all their features, Darkfall wins. We have yet to see how well either of these games is actually executed.

shnedit
06-03-2008, 21:29
i defy you to give me one reason that war looks better!

if you want to play a choas knight thingy ( dont really follow war ) then, it is indeed better.

lameboi
06-03-2008, 21:30
yeh i didnt like the whole class system

ExiliuM
06-03-2008, 21:32
Df > Warhammer?

Yes.

/thread

lameboi
06-03-2008, 21:34
k /thread:ninja:

BladeSLicer
06-03-2008, 21:51
Wich would put them in even terms right? Thus the one that sounds the coolest win.

Not quite. One has demonstrated that the game is actually playable (regardless of how crappy it may be), whilst the other has not as of yet demonstrated almost any of the in-game features that they're promising. It's been two years since we last saw fighting of any sort in a video, and that's the only feature it shared with us.

Of course I'll continue to hope and expect that Darkfall will be far superior to AoC, but it's rather silly to compare two games that have yet to be released. :p

Kaorn
06-03-2008, 21:58
Why are you here if you question this?

Mneh
06-03-2008, 22:04
Why are you here if you question this?

for the man-love ofcourse.

Paralda
06-03-2008, 22:05
You're posting on the DF boards... you're so stupid. ARGH WHY DO PEOPLE DISCOVER THIS GAME WHEN THERE'S NO ADVERTISING FOR IT?!?!?!?!?!

Zwarp
06-03-2008, 22:11
You're posting on the DF boards... you're so stupid. ARGH WHY DO PEOPLE DISCOVER THIS GAME WHEN THERE'S NO ADVERTISING FOR IT?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah that would be an interesting topic, I'll steal your idea

Suitepee
06-03-2008, 22:24
yes.

One thousanded.

Dead3ye
06-03-2008, 22:37
Its like a reverse troll that clearly angers other trolls in doing so becomes a troll, its a double negative!

or just a really really dumb thread

Skree
06-03-2008, 22:49
WH > DF for many reasons.

21. No full loot - get yur mits on my ITEMZ ! Itemz are where it's at...idiots !

20. Innovation - How can anyone compete with Public Quests ?

19. Duel Wielding - If you ain't got that......

18. EA games - Better to be part of an evil empire

17. Pharming - You could make money on Ebay in DAoC doing it...why not WH ?

16 Crafting - if you could make money crafting on Ebay in DAoC, why not WH ?

15. Updates - Well, WH do have them, regularly

14. Radar Hacks - Worked well in DAoC for years ! Especially as Mythic claimed they didn't exist .. who gives a fuck what players say anyway ?

13. Experience - the dev team has released games before - at least

12. Marketing - Anyone knows that without marketing any game will fail...well, except Eve when they started

11. Classes - every MMORPG has them, well in 3D anyway.

10. Instances - It's next gen ! Doesn't next gen = the best ?

9. Realms - DAoC proved how great this is (Even if was ballanced for 8 man, well sorta). If 3 realms made money why not 2 ?

8. Zones - EQ taught us how cool this is...look at EVE ! FFA will always fail...everyone knows this..pffttt

7. Levels ! - What is a MMO without levels ?
The fun is and should be in playing the levels and leveling. not the endgame.
grind moar ! SEE ? Clearly all us FFA-PVP'ers need to get our priorities straight !

6. Universal Banks ! - that alone makes it better !

5. Mark Jacobs - God of MMO's , uh-hum well just cuz his dev teams can't ballance shit ... does that really matter ?

4. Expansions - From the same team that brought Trials of Atlantis to DAoC

3. CARAVANS ! - DAoC had them anyway ! Another clincher.

2. Name regognition ! - How can you mess that up ? Well...uhhhh... unless you are LOTR or AoC or Star Wars or...ummm...ok well maybe
not

And the numero uno reason is ........... Healers that have to beat on shit with hammers before they can heal ! How phucking cool is that ? ! ? ! ? ! ?

That's 21, Blackjack ! I win !

I'm thinking we should just all go ahead and cancel our Forumfall accounts and head on over to WH !

All yall' go ahead, I'll be RIGHT behind ju.

Skree

GRCPan
06-03-2008, 23:04
ofc df > wh

Reikson
06-03-2008, 23:16
14. Radar Hacks - Worked well in DAoC for years ! Especially as Mythic claimed they didn't exist .. who gives a fuck what players say anyway ?

Fuck you man, I always ran with a radar. I mean everyone else did so I had to to even the playing field.

4. Expansions - From the same team that brought Trials of Atlantis to DAoC

I am not a WH fan boy, I am just hoping it will be as fun as DAOC. On that note I think Mythic learned what happens when you try and implicate heavily item based RvR. So hopefully they will take the mistakes and make WH even better than DAOC.

mutantmagnet
06-03-2008, 23:19
There are certain things about WAR I like more than Darkfall.

In war there will be instances so guilds can have fights with even number of players.

The talk about Darkfall providing options falls flat on its face when it refuses to provide the option to engage in fights you know will be even. (this is not a big deal because I also believe games should be varied to appeal to different tastes which DF and WAR do)

I have an extensive fps background and I just like knowing that I could get that experience with WAR since it's a sword and scorcery setting and not the gun oriented allies vs axis or humans vs aliens.

In war everything levels up.

I think it's pretty damn awesome that cities become grander as your race wins more battles than your neighboring enemy.

Not only do they become grander aesthetically but new quests and dungeons are unlocked by improving your city.

Guilds level up and as result get more powerful banners that allows them more strategic options for future battles.

What makes this great is how incorporates all players. In darkfall the actions of the guild can largely be said to be only be influenced by the guild members and as a result they are insulated from the rest of the player base.

In WAR those barriers between guilds and soloists will still exist but the community commrardarie is better established in WAR among very different groups.

There are a couple of other things I like about war but they aren't anything that really counts as things worth mentioning to count against Darkfall.

Tincovilya
06-03-2008, 23:26
discuss?

I didn't realize we were comparing WoW2 to a brand new completely different idea that is darkfall. I'm sorry but you fail

Shadowcreep
06-04-2008, 00:04
I didn't realize we were comparing WoW2 to a brand new completely different idea that is darkfall. I'm sorry but you fail

He truly lives up to his name, doesn't he?

Drudley
05-10-2009, 20:11
I can't really say, I never played Warhammer.

Seddoron
05-10-2009, 20:22
I played DF beta for 2 weeks but got bored to death. WAR provided more entertainment, but got boring after 3 weeks. AoC (tried it recently) got boring after 1 week, that game sucked incredibly much ass. I can't really say what was so bad about it though. I heard that it's now better than it was before, and i also heard that it gets better after starting village. Well, it got even worse and it had to be really bad if it's really better now.

dinkfall
05-10-2009, 20:26
Dwarf Fortress > warhammer. Yes.