PDA

View Full Version : Politics: Clinton to Concede Tonight

SentrySteve
06-03-2008, 16:21
I really thought she'd stay in till the end and try to steal the nomination with super delegates...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton;_ylt=Ahvb66YlMl.5sDW7YoGprKFH2oc A

Hillary Rodham Clinton will concede Tuesday night that Barack Obama has the delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, campaign officials said, effectively ending her bid to be the nation's first female president.

O-bom-bom vs McCain. Who will win?

Razli
06-03-2008, 16:23
The black guy will pimp slap the white cracker...Just a guess...Probably very wrong.

terafis
06-03-2008, 16:25
Now that people have assuaged their feelings of 'fair play' by voting for the black dude, they will correctly vote McCain to be president.

It's one thing voting for a minority party nominee - it's quite a different thing to have a black person representing your country to the world.

African nations are allowed to do this - not the west.

omnigol
06-03-2008, 16:30
Jesus christ this is so depressing.

Red Morgan
06-03-2008, 16:32
Thank God... I'm so sick of the Clintons.

Carl Ragadamn
06-03-2008, 16:35

Well on the brightside they have damaged themselves enough to hopefully just fade away.

Razli
06-03-2008, 16:38
Well on the brightside they have damaged themselves enough to hopefully just fade away.

Don't they have a Child? Id be aware in like 10 years, it may appear in polictics....

KalTheo
06-03-2008, 16:42
CNN had this on their site as well, but now apparently top Clinton aides are denying it.

"Hillary Clinton is "absolutely not" prepared to admit Barack Obama has beaten her in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, her campaign chairman told CNN today. Terry McAuliffe rejected as "100 percent incorrect" a report that Clinton will concede the race tonight."

I'm really curious to see how this turns out. I think it's bullshit that various news agency's have been portraying Obama as the democratic candidate in a variety of reports. <2118 means she's still in it, behind, but that doesn't matter if it comes to the convention.

lafayette
06-03-2008, 16:42
TV news is saying Clinton says that bullshit shes still in.

Helgeran
06-03-2008, 16:44
I feel so sad for everyone.

Goty
06-03-2008, 16:47
Yeah, news reports are indeed saying she's not conceding to Obama.

Awesome. That means we'll get an extra-awesome look of dissapointment, frustration, and despair from here when this is all over. I'm sure if you look closely at Hillary's eyes and through her fake smile, you might just catch the ragged remains of her soul, weeping gently, tears of black tar.

Fro
06-03-2008, 16:47
American elections are so boring.

Kekshorts
06-03-2008, 16:49

i don't think we'll have to deal with em any longer, this last clinton campaign ended in flames.

Red Morgan
06-03-2008, 16:49
How much do you wanna bet that the Clinton campaign leaked her "resignation" and now are denying it so they can play the "Boohoo, everyone is always picking on me cuz I'm a girl" card again.

Kekshorts
06-03-2008, 16:51
How much do you wanna bet that the Clinton campaign leaked her "resignation" and now are denying it so they can play the "Boohoo, everyone is always picking on me cuz I'm a girl" card again.

it wouldn't surprise me, it's not like they've never stooped to that level before.

Mushushu
woo go blackey!

Carl Ragadamn

Of course thats what is happening, it has worked for her. It doesnt really matter now Obama is going to be the nominee but the damage to the party has already been done. Look for Obama to give McGovern a run for the worst loss in history.

omnigol
06-03-2008, 16:54

The Clintons have principles, this family has dedicated their lives to serving the people. Are you really going to accuse them of such an untoward action?

Gunther TheBlack
06-03-2008, 16:55
American elections are so boring.

Not really, i find them very entertaining. At least the public can pick the main candidate for their party, that's unheard of in europe.

Red Morgan
06-03-2008, 16:56
Of course thats what is happening, it has worked for her. It doesnt really matter now Obama is going to be the nominee but the damage to the party has already been done. Look for Obama to give McGovern a run for the worst loss in history.

If the Republicans weren't already going down in flames, I'd agree. I think it's going to be a war of attrition. Obama hasn't emptied his quiver yet, and I don't think he'd go down quite so easily.

Who knows though, the whole race dynamic could change everything.

Kekshorts
06-03-2008, 16:56
The Clintons have principles, this family has dedicated their lives to serving the people. Are you really going to accuse them of such an untoward action?

... HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

i'm sure they were thinking about the good of the people when they decided that if they weren't the democrats to win the nomination, they would damage whoever would get it beyond repair. They're in it for themselves, one doesn't make as much money as they have by serving middle america, they cheat.

edit: not that politicians don't cheat, but to say they're actually in it for the good of the people is laughable.

Gunther TheBlack
06-03-2008, 16:57
I hope Clinton gets the fuck out.

I always hoped Obama would win this an di hope he wins in november.

Not because i like his ideology, but because a black man in charge of the USA will sure bring a lot of LOLs and the blacks have no fucking excuse anymore then.

Now if i was an american myself i would still vote on the libertarian party hehe

Sabrok
06-03-2008, 16:57
they will correctly vote McCain to be .

LMAO, McCain shares many of the political views on global politics that Bush has that have brought us to the brink of wide scale economic and social collapse. While they are different in areas the country will not survive another 4 years of a Bush/McCain egotistical style republican.

Sabrok
06-03-2008, 17:00
i don't think we'll have to deal with em any longer, this last clinton campaign ended in flames.

Politically Clinton was fucking George Washington compared to Bush.

Fro
Not really, i find them very entertaining. At least the public can pick the main candidate for their party, that's unheard of in europe.

Look we've got fucking gay guys who love using rentboys, alchaholics and people who are named after a chinese dynasty in our elections and thats just from one party. What have Americas got? A white guy, a woman and a black guy.

Matriel
Now if i was an american myself i would still vote on the libertarian party hehe

Not this year. Fuck a bunch of Barr.

Maybe I should sell my vote.

Gunther TheBlack
LMAO, McCain shares many of the political views on global politics that Bush has that have brought us to the brink of wide scale economic and social collapse. While they are different in areas the country will not survive another 4 years of a Bush/McCain egotistical style republican.

Only a libertarian can seriously fix the US atm i think. Or perhaps the populist party or wtf it was ;)

Matriel
What have Americas got? A white guy, a woman and a black guy.

If that doesn't sound like the start of an amazing joke, I don't know what does!

Sabrok
06-03-2008, 17:01
Only a libertarian can seriously fix the US atm i think. Or perhaps the populist party or wtf it was ;)

Quite possibly.

Gunther TheBlack
06-03-2008, 17:01
Not this year. Fuck a bunch of Barr.

Maybe I should sell my vote.

Doesn't fucking matter.

In my country i first look at the party and then at teh candidate. Even if the candidate fucking sux i would still vote on the party i planned to vote for before hand.

But that's prolly because i'm more used to eu politics.

Edit; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populist_Party_of_America

Never heard about that party on forumfall btw. Aren't they quite similar to the libertarians?

They look like mediocore libertarians to me.

Fro
06-03-2008, 17:04
If that doesn't sound like the start of an amazing joke, I don't know what does!

A white guy a black guy and a women walk into a bar and they all started crying and lying over who should get to be the leader :lmao:. :rolleyes:

Kekshorts
06-03-2008, 17:05
A white guy a black guy and a women walk into a bar and they all started crying and lying over who should get to be the leader :lmao:. :rolleyes:

:( that makes me a sad panda

Uzik
06-03-2008, 17:05
I hope Clinton gets the fuck out.

I always hoped Obama would win this an di hope he wins in november.

Not because i like his ideology, but because a black man in charge of the USA will sure bring a lot of LOLs and the blacks have no fucking excuse anymore then.

Can The Man still keep blacks down when The Man is black?

While logically it would seem that a having a black president would eliminate the "black people are kept down and can't move up in America" argument, but I'm sure it won't.

The funny thing about people making excuses is that if one excuse is proved false, they can always just make another one.

Gunther TheBlack
06-03-2008, 17:06
The funny thing about people making excuses is that if one excuse is proved false, they can always just make another one.

Sounds like religious people always changing the definition of god ;)

Fro
06-03-2008, 17:06

While logically it would seem that a having a black president would eliminate the "black people are kept down and can't move up in America" argument, but I'm sure it won't.

They will probably just denounce him and say hes a white guy in a black guys body or some other stupid shit.

Kekshorts
06-03-2008, 17:07

sounds familiar in just about every aspect of humanity to me.

edit: what gunther said.

Matriel
06-03-2008, 17:08

He can continue the trend of blaming tools for 13% of the population accounting for 39% of murders. :ohno::ohno::ohno:

Jackhowitzer
06-03-2008, 17:09
McCain's getting curbstomped.

Uzik
06-03-2008, 17:11
He can continue the trend of blaming tools for 13% of the population accounting for 39% of murders. :ohno::ohno::ohno:

Racist!

Fro
06-03-2008, 17:12

Racist. Wohoo feels good to play the black card everynow and again.

Matriel
06-03-2008, 17:13
Racist!

Racist. Wohoo feels good to play the black card everynow and again.

I'm from the South. I can't help myself. :(

Carl Ragadamn
06-03-2008, 17:16

Dreamer!

Thrill_KIll
06-03-2008, 17:17
They will probably just denounce him and say hes a white guy in a black guys body or some other stupid shit.

Lots of ethnic group leaders are already doing that. Obama is not well liked amoung educated ethnic groups.

And as far as people saying Obama has a sure win...well, if someone had asked me this time last year which party I thought was locked in for the white house, I would have said the dems easy. However, after Obama and Clinton beating on each other, all the while leaving McCain to politic in peace, I am not so sure anymore.

Not to mention, so many Hillary supporters will buy into the whole "let's hate Obama for keeping Hilldog out of the white house", they either won't vote or they will vote for McCain out of spite.

Also, I don't personally like any of them (why has my saviour Ron deserted me?!!?), but to say McCain and Bush are exactly the same is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Have you all forgotten the '00 primaries? McCain's differences is why Bush beat him out....very handily I might add.

omnigol
06-03-2008, 17:18

I hope so, as much as I hate obama I hate mccain worse; he called himself a 'reagan conservative'.

Fro
06-03-2008, 17:20
Lots of ethnic group leaders are already doing that. Obama is not well liked amoung educated ethnic groups.

And as far as people saying Obama has a sure win...well, if someone had asked me this time last year which party I thought was locked in for the white house, I would have said the dems easy. However, after Obama and Clinton beating on each other, all the while leaving McCain to politic in peace, I am not so sure anymore.

Not to mention, so many Hillary supporters will buy into the whole "let's hate Obama for keeping Hilldog out of the white house", they either won't vote or they will vote for McCain out of spite.

Also, I don't personally like any of them (why has my saviour Ron deserted me?!!?), but to say McCain and Bush are exactly the same is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Have you all forgotten the '00 primaries? McCain's differences is why Bush beat him out....very handily I might add.

Being black is so awesome.

Sabrok
06-03-2008, 17:21

In domestic politics they are very different, in international politics they are very alike.

Spikey
06-03-2008, 17:22
gogo mcain.

Carl Ragadamn
06-03-2008, 17:23
I hope so, as much as I hate obama I hate mccain worse; he called himself a 'reagan conservative'.

I to hate McCain for lying about being a conservative, its only true if you compare him to Obama.

Matriel
06-03-2008, 17:23
In domestic politics they are very different, in international politics they are very alike.

They aren't even that different in domestic politics. Maybe like 4 social issues and where they want to spend more money than we have.

Thrill_KIll
06-03-2008, 17:47

As far as foreign policy, their end game goals are the same, I agree. However, they differ pretty greatly on how they want to acheive that. One of the biggest things I give McCain props for how he proposes to deal with Iran, in appealing to the UN (who is starting to understand some things now) to work with like minded countries and allies to use peaceful yet firm sanctions to stop a situation before it turns into a monster problem. The same way I give props to the Clinton administration when they did everything but offer Bill's sexual service to Iran trying to work out peace. By the way, that is one thing Obama always fails to acknowledge for some reason, in that talking to iran was tried very heavily by the Clinton administration.

They aren't even that different in domestic politics. Maybe like 4 social issues and where they want to spend more money than we have.

Well, he did vote against renewing the gun ban, is for stem cell research, and not raising taxes on certain people to pay for others. Some issues he does vote down party lines, and some he doesn't. That's the unfortunate price we pay for our two party system as it stands right now. At least he has voted agaisnt his party before though, and has worked across party lines....which is something a lot of politicians can't say. But between Obama and McCain, I will have to vote McCain. I'm like you in when I say fuck Barr.

Don JoHnson
06-03-2008, 18:01
That's the unfortunate price we pay for our two party system as it stands right now.

Is it not allowed to start a new political party or is it just not patriotic?

Red Morgan
06-03-2008, 18:04

It's not unpatriotic, it's just that the other parties lack credibility with the American public. They're too unpopular for anyone to take them seriously.

Thrill_KIll
06-03-2008, 18:05

well, smart ass, I am all for changing our political parties. I detest both sides, and simply listed why I would have to vote one over the other if presented with only those choices.

Is it not allowed to comprehend what you read, or just not patriotic?

Milo Hobgoblin
06-03-2008, 18:07

We actually have many political parties.. but they generally lack the funding and attention from the media to attract the masses.

Its a huge flaw in our voting system but it keeps those in power.. in power, and because we lack any sort of direct democracy at the federal level, the masses have no real way to affect change.

The ony fair way to do it.. would be to publicly allot each party the exact same amount of federal money to spend on publicity and restrict ALL private contributions once the nominations are set.

That would give each one the ability to publicize they way they see fit..

but that like asking the wolf watching your sheep to stop eating them after you got to bed.

Don JoHnson
06-03-2008, 18:07
well, smart ass, I am all for changing our political parties. I detest both sides, and simply listed why I would have to vote one over the other if presented with only those choices.

keep cool, start a own party

Milo Hobgoblin
06-03-2008, 18:09

I dont think he meant it that way thrill.. I think a lot of foreigners dont understand why our politicial parties seem so limited from the outside.

heroshade
06-03-2008, 18:10
I really thought she'd stay in till the end and try to steal the nomination with super delegates...

o-bom-bom ftw!

Thrill_KIll
06-03-2008, 18:13
I dont think he meant it that way thrill.. I think a lot of foreigners dont understand why our politicial parties seem so limited from the outside.

Coon-ass temper ftl! :(

Milo Hobgoblin
06-03-2008, 18:15
Coon-ass temper ftl! :(

Its okay man.. just kick back.. have a few pork rinds and a can of schlitz and it will be all good.

:D

Don JoHnson
06-03-2008, 18:17
Its okay man.. just kick back.. have a few pork rinds and a can of schlitz and it will be all good.

wtf is "a can of schlitz"

Thrill_KIll

I got some hot chips and some Natural Light. Will that work?

Red Morgan

It's a room full of sluts.

Thrill_KIll
06-03-2008, 18:18

Beer that is given from the penis of a bull. Well, tastes like it anyway.

Don JoHnson
06-03-2008, 18:20
Beer that is given from the penis of a bull. Well, tastes like it anyway.

you are drinking some weird stuff over there ...

losinglife
06-04-2008, 05:26
We actually have many political parties.. but they generally lack the funding and attention from the media to attract the masses.

Its a huge flaw in our voting system but it keeps those in power.. in power, and because we lack any sort of direct democracy at the federal level, the masses have no real way to affect change.

The ony fair way to do it.. would be to publicly allot each party the exact same amount of federal money to spend on publicity and restrict ALL private contributions once the nominations are set.

That would give each one the ability to publicize they way they see fit..

but that like asking the wolf watching your sheep to stop eating them after you got to bed.

or to not federally fund any of the parties and let them sink or swim on there own. but i digress.

At this point in time if obama takes the cake, i see him winning in nov. The republicans have too much going against them, and the democratic voting bloc is pretty damn big this year. Look for the upset.

KingHussien
06-04-2008, 05:41

Finally that bitch took her seat where she belongs. Fucking cunt she is.