PDA

View Full Version : Which country has the best food ?

Pages : [1] 2

Fro
05-22-2008, 19:06
well, which one does ?

Khumash-Gor
05-22-2008, 19:07
america... we have the best variety.

Tiarilir
05-22-2008, 19:08
No idea.

Fro
05-22-2008, 19:09

realy ? I thought most of it was copied form other countries like Britain.

Kagetoranarushi
05-22-2008, 19:09
realy ? I thought most of it was copied form other countries like Britain.
Hence the variety.

sawyerj66
05-22-2008, 19:10
I've traveled a decent amount.

I would also go with America, due to the wide variety of authentic tasting dishes (just depends on where you go).

Fro
05-22-2008, 19:11
Hence the variety.

Fair enough but i dont think the traditional american style of food is the best.

Mulambo
05-22-2008, 19:13
Veggie Burrito!

Damwa
05-22-2008, 19:14

I would have to say that the US is up there, since you can get most anything you fancy somewhere in the states.

Capricious
05-22-2008, 19:14
German/Polish/Hungarian

That region.

Fro
05-22-2008, 19:15
I would have to say that the US is up there, since you can get most anything you fancy somewhere in the states.

I think its same with Britain and quite a few other countries.

SCUM
05-22-2008, 19:17
Off the bat I would say Italy. Although I'm a huge fan of asian food.

France is decent, but it's mostly just pastry and cheese.. You can only have that many croissants until you get up in a rage kick over the table and shout GET ME SOME FUCKING MEAT BITCHES but yea they have some sick ass gourmet foods.

US for pure manly BBQ meats and burgers

Agge
05-22-2008, 19:18
I like the food here... but Ima go ahead and say greek food.

Khumash-Gor
05-22-2008, 19:18
Fair enough but i dont think the traditional american style of food is the best.

cheeseburger > sushi

our food kicks so much ass its not even fair.

Angry-Khan
05-22-2008, 19:19
Korea
bi bim bap, bul go gi, gal bi, kim bap, chajang myun, man du. Its where its at.

Jangang
05-22-2008, 19:20
Most of the foreign foods I've eaten are acquired tastes... Which means they taste like crap the first time you try it... So I'm going to have to go with American... Both for the variety, and for the fact that our own foods that are purely American usually don't necessitate the coaxing of your body to "learn" to like it.

Fro
05-22-2008, 19:21
cheeseburger > sushi

Fish n chips > cheeseburger.

Ultimo
05-22-2008, 19:21
I am partial to Greek food. It all has a lot of flavor. German cuisine is good too, though (although most people don't have any clue what German food actually is).

Shads
05-22-2008, 19:23
Japanese food rocks, also Central and Eastern European cuisine. Mmmmm Goulash!

Xinnro
05-22-2008, 19:25
england

Capricious
05-22-2008, 19:27
england

He said which country has the best food, not the worst dental hygiene.

IcePillow
Probably France

Utei
Asian food, Greek, or Italian. I'd say Greek food.
Depends how you define "best". Best taste? Healthy? Best "looks" (hah)?

Goty
05-22-2008, 19:29
Puerto Rican food > All.

Bulgogi is amazing, as is sushi. Pizza, erection is thine name.

But still, rican food rocks best.

Fro
05-22-2008, 19:30
He said which country has the best food, not the worst dental hygiene.

Theres nothing wrong with our dental hygiene.

Marelt
05-22-2008, 19:31
Vietnam kicks the shit out of any country foodwise.

Fro
05-22-2008, 19:32
Vietnam kicks the shit out of any country foodwise.

It kicked the shit out of America military wise aswell.

Raylene
05-22-2008, 19:34
Lets go to sweden all.. Not the best but kinda original and delicious.
Meatballs, lapskojs - meat and potato hash, surströmming - fermented Baltic herring, kroppkaka - potato dumpling stuffed with diced pork.

Goty
05-22-2008, 19:37
kroppkaka - potato dumpling stuffed with diced pork.

While potatoes stuffed with pork sound delicious, I couldn't imagine stuffing my mouth with anything I'd pronounce as, "Crap Caca".

Crying Hyena
05-22-2008, 19:40
Lets go to sweden all.. Not the best but kinda original and delicious.
Meatballs, lapskojs - meat and potato hash, surströmming - fermented Baltic herring, kroppkaka - potato dumpling stuffed with diced pork.

I'm not a big fan of Lutefish.

Killuminati
05-22-2008, 19:42
Fish n chips > cheeseburger.

NOOOOO

Correct!

Jangang
05-22-2008, 19:46

Do yourself a favor and look up Kill / Death Ratios during the Vietnam war...

They didn't kick the shit out of anything, we defeated ourselves.

Beeblebrox
05-22-2008, 19:47
Brazil of course. Our barcecue is one of the best there are. Our beans are not canned shit. Theres plenty of healthy food, but theres also a lot of fastfood if you enjoy being a fatto. You can find every kind of food here....except those peanut butter jelly sandwichs you americans fancy so much (well actually you can but arrgh) or those fried dogs/bugs/rats asians seem to like.

Crying Hyena
05-22-2008, 19:48

Why do I feel like this thread is going to go from food to war?

Goty
05-22-2008, 19:49
except those peanut butter jelly sandwichs you americans fancy so much (well actually you can but arrgh)

Whattaya, some kinda queer or somethin'? Who don't like peanut buttuh jelly sand'ches?

Ultimo
05-22-2008, 19:52
Brazil of course. Our barcecue is one of the best there are. Our beans are not canned shit. Theres plenty of healthy food, but theres also a lot of fastfood if you enjoy being a fatto. You can find every kind of food here....except those peanut butter jelly sandwichs you americans fancy so much (well actually you can but arrgh) or those fried dogs/bugs/rats asians seem to like.

I used to play Age of Empires for hours a day online. The people from Brazil seemed to be very elitist (in fact, I was the only "gringo" they let play with them). As much as the men from Brazil seemed to be douchebags, it has to be said that your women are freakin' hot. Whenever I get a chance I date women with Brazilian descent...there is not a stinker among them.

Thrill_KIll
05-22-2008, 19:52
Korea
bi bim bap, bul go gi, gal bi, kim bap, chajang myun, man du. Its where its at.

Agreed. I LOVED eating in Korea. $2 would buy you a meal of such proportions, good luck eating it all. And it owned.

And dude....you left out Kimchi and Soju!

Fro
05-22-2008, 19:53

You lost, vietnam won end of. Ive derailed my own thread enough.

Ultimo
05-22-2008, 19:54

Well, your country lost to us, so the transitive property of mathematics states that Vietnam is greater than you as well.

Thrill_KIll
05-22-2008, 19:54

You just can't resist the chance to hate on America, can you?

And people can't seem to understand why America hates foreigners more and more everyday.....and even say it's our arrogance. LOL

Gunther TheBlack
05-22-2008, 19:56
German/Polish/Hungarian

That region.

No finesse in their food.

Capricious
05-22-2008, 19:56

I used to play Age of Empires for hours a day online. The people from Brazil seemed to be very elitist (in fact, I was the only "gringo" they let play with them). As much as the men from Brazil seemed to be douchebags, it has to be said that your women are freakin' hot. Whenever I get a chance I date women with Brazilian descent...there is not a stinker among them.

I live in an area with a shit-ton of Brazilians. They are dicks, and there are numerous non-hot womens. They must export all the uglies here.

Capricious
05-22-2008, 19:57
No finesse in their food.

No need for finesse. That shits like, boom, right in your face.

Jangang
05-22-2008, 19:57

No, we withdrew. This was a political decision, and until we left we were kicking ass and taking names on a daily basis.

Fuck'nretardsays what?

Back to food. I've never had Vietnamese food, but Chinese food is good as long as it doesn't have a bunch of veggies, or they aren't cooked much if they are there. :) (I hate soggy veggies)

Damwa
05-22-2008, 19:58
I think its same with Britain and quite a few other countries.

The UK is probably up there as well, but I am not sure that there are that many nations with a similarly diverse population - you can get Vietnamese, Italian or whatever in most countries, but how many have (widely available) Vietnamese or Italian restaurants of a high quality and run by people (natives) with a thorough knowledge of the "cuisine"?

Most of the foreign foods I've eaten are acquired tastes... Which means they taste like crap the first time you try it... So I'm going to have to go with American... Both for the variety, and for the fact that our own foods that are purely American usually don't necessitate the coaxing of your body to "learn" to like it.

Foreign foods? WTF; your food is foreign! - My answer was for "which countries is best for eating out", but if the question is "which national cuisine is best" - it sure *ain't* you! Also, how the fuck would you know if your food isn't an acquired taste, that you just happen to have acquired; please reflect.

Kusghuul
05-22-2008, 19:59
The best restaurant is in Britain.

Traditional food, i'd go for italy.

Beeblebrox
05-22-2008, 20:00
Whattaya, some kinda queer or somethin'? Who don't like peanut buttuh jelly sand'ches?

I tried to feed some to my dog and he refused to eat. He never does that. I'll try binding it to the cat's back and make it run a little. Just gimme a moment...

Damwa
05-22-2008, 20:01
No, we withdrew. This was a political decision, and until we left we were kicking ass and taking names on a daily basis.

Fuck'nretardsays what?

And war is not a political activity? It is only in literature that the purpose of war is to kill more of the enemy than you lose, or to kill them all - in reality war is a matter of achieving some manner of perceived strategic objective, at a cost that is lower than the perceived value of the objective. I.e. you lost!

Gunther TheBlack
05-22-2008, 20:02
Asian and especially chinese food is crap.

Why? They add shitloads of sugar and taste amplifiers to their food.

Anyway it depends on what kind of food you like.

For pasta's Italy is off course the best.

For BBQ i would say Argentina and southern USA.

Seafood basically any region near the coast, but japan is on the top here tbh, they just do the most shit with fish and actually still makes it decent.
If you want the best mussels you have to go to holland or belgium tho.

Spicey food india as far as i have extended my flavor pallet ;)

For very fine delicacies france and spain.

For breakfast, Brittain.

For most variety the USA.

For the best overall kitchen from worst to bad in the entire country I find Belgium to be the best. Most Micheline stars/capita. You are always within 20 minutes of another Micheline star restaurant (in france it's 2 hours) and we have the most quality brasseries and restaurants per capita and per square mile of the world. Pretty hard to find a shitty eating place here compared to other countries.

If you want to go to the number 1 restaurant of the world, go to El Bulli in Spain.

Fro
05-22-2008, 20:03
You just can't resist the chance to hate on America, can you?

And people can't seem to understand why America hates foreigners more and more everyday.....and even say it's our arrogance. LOL

No i cant.I hate on americans because they hate on me i only have to say hello normaly and i get bombarded with british fag, want a cup of tea and get your teeth cleaned among others. Its a chicken and the egg situation

Well, your country lost to us, so the transitive property of mathematics states that Vietnam is greater than you as well.

I guess you could argue that.

Fuck'nretardsays what?

North vietnam's goal was to unite the country, Americas was to stop this hapening and stop the spread of communism. You withdrew (retreated) and vietnam was united. You lost, they won get over it.

Erillian
05-22-2008, 20:04
Go italy... Pizza and lassagne (thumps up):D:D

Damwa
05-22-2008, 20:04
I live in an area with a shit-ton of Brazilians. They are dicks, and there are numerous non-hot womens. They must export all the uglies here.

If a hot Brazilian woman tries to leave Brazil, her passport is revoked and she is sentenced to 12 months of house and beach arrest (can't have her staying in-doors for that long). :p

Dredgon
05-22-2008, 20:05
Strangly enough Russia has a HUGE varity (Mainly because it lies between Europa and Asia).

Crying Hyena
Asian and especially chinese food is crap.

Why? They had shitloads of sugar and taste amplifiers to their food.

Anyway it depends on what kind of food you like.

For pasta's Italy is off course the best.

For BBQ i would say Argentina and southern USA.

Seafood basically any region near the coast, but japan is on the top here tbh, they just do the most shit with fish and actually still makes it decent.
If you want the best mussels you have to go to holland or belgium tho.

Spicey food india as far as i have extended my flavor pallet ;)

For very fine delicacies france and spain.

For breakfast, Brittain.

For most variety the USA.

For the best overall kitchen from worst to bad in the entire country I find Belgium to be the best. Most Micheline stars/capita. You are always within 20 minutes of another Micheline star restaurant (in france it's 2 hours) and we have the most quality brasseries and restaurants per capita and per square mile of the world.

For breakfast Britain, what part of Britain because I have seen some interesting breakfasts in the U.K.

For Spicy, you left out Thai but you don't like Asian food.

Erillian
If a hot Brazilian woman tries to leave Brazil, her passport is revoked and she is sentenced to 12 months of house and beach arrest (can't have her staying in-doors for that long). :p
hehe:P that's why we love brazil

Fro
05-22-2008, 20:06
Strangly enough Russia has a HUGE varity (Mainly because it lies between Europa and Asia).

I know very little about russian food, is it good?

Ultimo
05-22-2008, 20:06
Go italy... Pizza and lassagne (thumps up):D:D

Didn't they discover that pizza actually had Greek descent? I could be wrong on that.

Jangang
05-22-2008, 20:08
Foreign foods? WTF; your food is foreign! - My answer was for "which countries is best for eating out", but if the question is "which national cuisine is best" - it sure *ain't* you! Also, how the fuck would you know if your food isn't an acquired taste, that you just happen to have acquired; please reflect.

As long as you are going to act all high and mighty and assume that "it sure as fuck ain't you!" in regards to my countries food then their is ZERO point in my responding w/ anything other then this here flame. Your mind is clearly made up, and I'll not engage you in a contest of e-dicks... Mine is clearly bigger anyway, so whats the point?

Last I checked Meat, and potatoes isn't an aquired taste anywhere... And thats the basis of American Food.

Beeblebrox
05-22-2008, 20:08

That said, our food is almost as good as the women.

Yes, it is, in fact, a government project with the goal to make brazil, by 2015, a ugly women free zone (they gave up on the hunger free zone after realizing it wasn't worth the effort).

shnedit
05-22-2008, 20:09

lol , russians dont eat they just drink vodka.

They dont have time to eat in between drinking and secretly planning to resurrect Lenin and crush capitolism.

Spades Felligan
05-22-2008, 20:09
I heard Finnish food is pretty good.

Ever ate maksalaatikko (http://celebear.users.paivola.fi/sorsa/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/maksalaatikko.jpg)? ;)

Or Salmiakki (http://mift.net/shop/sal-08-2.jpg)? :rolleyes:

Maybe some Mammi (http://www.metalfromfinland.com/img/mammi.jpg)? Mmm! :)

Gunther TheBlack
05-22-2008, 20:10
For breakfast Britain, what part of Britain because I have seen some interesting breakfasts in the U.K.

For Spicy, you left out Thai but you don't like Asian food.

I mainly said India because of curries, but yes, thai food is also good.

Heck i've only been to south england, southeast england, London region and the Yorkshire, Hull region in england. It's bigger than you think if you see it on the map hehe.

Anyway, jsut the general "heavy" british breakfast with all the meat products, eggs, tomatoes, etc.

One thing i miss in other countries that you have in Belgium are "warm" bakers. Open on sunday morning at 7 am where you can still buy your bread warm :)

Fro
05-22-2008, 20:11
First of all, watch your fucking mouth bitch!

As long as you are going to act all high and mighty and assume that "it sure as fuck ain't you!" in regards to my countries food then their is ZERO point in my responding w/ anything other then this here flame. Your mind is clearly made up, and I'll not engage you in a contest of e-dicks... Mine is clearly bigger anyway, so whats the point?

Last I checked Meat, and potatoes isn't an aquired taste anywhere... And thats the basis of American Food.

Potatoes is an aquired taste if you ask some people in china and other countries. I remember reading about a guy cokking a roast dinner in china for some chinese people. They woudlt eat the potatoes and put rice there instead.

Dredgon

It's actually mostly soups, pretty good ones to.
Anyways here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_cuisine

Ultimo

Heck i've only been to south england, southeast england, London region and the Yorkshire, Hull region in england. It's bigger than you think if you see it on the map hehe.

Anyway, jsut the general "heavy" british breakfast with all the meat products, eggs, tomatoes, etc.

One thing i miss in other countries that you have in Belgium are "warm" bakers. Open on sunday morning at 7 am where you can still buy your bread warm :)

Also, along with spicey food, don't forget southern US cajun! Give a bunch of rednecks hot sauce, and some interesting dishes are born.

Gunther TheBlack
05-22-2008, 20:13
Also, along with spicey food, don't forget southern US cajun! Give a bunch of rednecks hot sauce, and some interesting dishes are born.

Fucking hell i love cajun food.

Best chicken i ever had was eating cajun food and i'm pretty sure it was far from the best cajun food there is hehe

Still, the Indian kitchen and Thai kitchen are a lot bigger and diverse tho.

Fro
05-22-2008, 20:13

You should have an irish breakfast. Its like a slightly bigger version of english with whitepudding

Dredgon
05-22-2008, 20:14
You should have an irish breakfast. Its like a slightly bigger version of english with whitepudding

White pudding sounds like a trap.....:ninja:

Crying Hyena
05-22-2008, 20:16
I forgot to mention that I love Caribbean food.

Jangang
05-22-2008, 20:18
Potatoes is an aquired taste if you ask some people in china and other countries. I remember reading about a guy cokking a roast dinner in china for some chinese people. They woudlnt eat the potatoes and put rice there instead.

Fair enough I guess... I'd bet the cook tried something funkadoo w/ them though. Prolley just cooked em w/ the roast and put on the place next to the meat, which is fine for me, but isn't how I'd serve someone from china.

I'd fry em up w/ some onion, garlic, rosemary, and pepper, then sprinkle salt on em as I take them off the heat. Or mashed (Whipped) w/ a nice gravy made from the juices of the roast or something.

Damwa
05-22-2008, 20:19
First of all, watch your fucking mouth bitch!

You seem to be quite upset, and apparently you misunderstood my intended meaning. I wasn't saying that US food is shit, or that it by definition is bad - I was rather making the point that whilst I am not certain which particular national cuisine I would rate the highest (I haven't tasted the dishes of all nations), I am certain that of the one or two answers I am weighing against each other; the US ain't one of them.
Meat and potatoes: that actually covers a whole shitload of countries: we do meat and potatoes in Denmark as well. *Shrugs*

But honestly, you deftly avoided *reflecting* upon the actual question I posed. What is the "checking" you have done to ascertain that meat and potatoes are *not* an acquired taste? How many potatoes do you think the average Chinese or Japanese person eats in an ordinary week? I know Japanese people here (in Denmark), and they still don't eat all that many meat and potato dishes: wouldn't they do that if it was some kind of "natural" taste?

Fro
Fair enough I guess... I'd bet the cook tried something funkadoo w/ them though. Prolley just cooked em w/ the roast and put on the place next to the meat, which is fine for me, but isn't how I'd serve someone from china.

I'd fry em up w/ some onion, garlic, rosemary, and pepper, then sprinkle salt on em as I take them off the heat. Or mashed w/ a nice gravy made from the juices of the roast or something.

Stop your making me hungry.

Jargo
Italian for me. I could eat Italian food every day for every meal for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy with that. I love going out and trying crazy regional food I’ve never eaten before, just so long as I can stop and get a burger on the way home if I end up hating it. And no one makes pastries better than the polish.

Jangang
05-22-2008, 20:24
You seem to be quite upset, and apparently you misunderstood my intended meaning. I wasn't saying that US food is shit, or that it by definition is bad - I was rather making the point that whilst I am not certain which particular national cuisine I would rate the highest (I haven't tasted the dishes of all nations), I am certain that of the one or two answers I am weighing against each other; the US ain't one of them.
Meat and potatoes: that actually covers a whole shitload of countries: we do meat and potatoes in Denmark as well. *Shrugs*

But honestly, you deftly avoided *reflecting* upon the actual question I posed. What is the "checking" you have done to ascertain that meat and potatoes are *not* an acquired taste? How many potatoes do you think the average Chinese or Japanese person eats in an ordinary week? I know Japanese people here (in Denmark), and they still don't eat all that many meat and potato dishes: wouldn't they do that if it was some kind of "natural" taste?

I edited my post hehe. But not fast enough. The way your post read to me came across as agressive without cause. Though I edited as I often read things that make for the best argument when their wasn't any intention behind the words, simply because I enjoy arguing. My bad. ;)

I don't know any asians who eat much of anything besides their native food to be honest. That doesn't say anything about where they now live, or the food they have their, but only that asians (Stereotyping FTW) tend to be unwilling to change their diets. (Even if its clearly beneficial and they do like the food.)

On to another matter... People keep saying British food is good... I've always considered it to be at the bottom of the list. One of the recent French presidents even had a big hoopla about it a while back if I remember right... The kicker for me though is that they eat things like sheep brain, and blood pudding... Things that I would never even consider eating, even if I was starving to death. I'd much prefer the nothingness of oblivion to the foul taste of something like that. Even the candy is foul from what I hear, sweet as hell, but foul none the less.

Thrill_KIll
05-22-2008, 20:25
I'd fry em up w/ some onion, garlic, rosemary, and pepper, then sprinkle salt on em as I take them off the heat. Or mashed (Whipped) w/ a nice gravy made from the juices of the roast or something.

Damn Jang......you're gonna make someone a good wife one day.

:sly:

Gunther TheBlack
05-22-2008, 20:26
White pudding sounds like a trap.....:ninja:

Indeed.

It reminds me of the guy that ordered Garlic sauce for his kebab and it turned out to be sperm(after they pumped out his stomach) hahaha

Fro
05-22-2008, 20:28
Indeed.

It reminds me of the guy that ordered Garlic sauce for his kebab and it turned out to be sperm(after they pumped out his stomach) hahaha

You just put me off kebabs for life. Thx.

shnedit
05-22-2008, 20:29
You just put me off kebabs for life. Thx.

Yea you say that , but wait untill your drunk outside a kebab house.

Capricious
05-22-2008, 20:30
That said, our food is almost as good as the women.

Yes, it is, in fact, a government project with the goal to make brazil, by 2015, a ugly women free zone (they gave up on the hunger free zone after realizing it wasn't worth the effort).

Are you a brasilian living in America?

If so, why do your folk fail to learn english and put huge brasilian flags on everything?

Jangang
05-22-2008, 20:32
Damn Jang......you're gonna make someone a good wife one day.

:sly:

LOL, I love to cook. What I don't love to do is clean HA. Which means that unless the women wants to clean we eat out. :)

Damwa
05-22-2008, 20:37
I don't know any asians who eat much of anything besides their native food to be honest. That doesn't say anything about where they now live, or the food they have their, but only that asians (Stereotyping FTW) tend to be unwilling to change their diets. (Even if its clearly beneficial and they do like the food.)

But that is the thing: I imagine that most people who have not been exposed to a varied diet in their upbringing are inclined to "stick with what they know". I would speculate that all "dishes", (that is; prepared meals) represent some manner of acquired taste, but that it might be meaningful to speak of "natural" ingredients. For example; some species of mammals, some fruits and berries, milk and milk-products etc. are virtually present all over the inhabited parts of Earth, and would probably be as close to natural as you can get. But, for example, potatoes (and, of course, a large number of fish) would not be something that all people will have been exposed to throughout history. The potato was, in fact, not that popular (for a variety of reasons) when it first came to Europe, and it might never have become popular if it were not for some advantages of the crop and plant, which have nothing to do with its taste. In the same manner; rice is so common in Asia, not because they have some "genetic" taste for it, but because it is a good crop to base an agricultural society upon. Consider the few remaining nomadic tribes; they eat very little of what we consider "the basics"; corn, corn products, vegetables etc. - they don't stay put long enough to grow stuff, so they never got used to eating it.
If I were to speculate (some more), I would suspect that truly "natural" taste, only relates to sweet and salt, 'cause both are biologically valuable and hard to come by - hence, it seems plausible that we would be hard-wired to like the taste, so as to encourage us to gorge on it, at every chance.

- As for Asians; they tend to live longer under comparable socio-economic conditions (i.e. Japan) and they tend to have more healthy median BMIs. Maybe we are the ones who are unwilling to change in spite of liking the taste, and it being beneficial for us? :p

Damwa
05-22-2008, 20:39
I edited my post hehe. But not fast enough. The way your post read to me came across as agressive without cause. Though I edited as I often read things that make for the best argument when their wasn't any intention behind the words, simply because I enjoy arguing. My bad. ;)

Well, that was equally my bad - I could see that my post was equivocal (at best) in retrospect. :)

Fro
05-22-2008, 20:44
Well, that was equally my bad - I could see that my post was equivocal (at best) in retrospect. :)

Both of you stop being so reasonable and nice this is forumfall not Hello Kitty online.

Milo Hobgoblin
05-22-2008, 20:49
Ive eaten in a lot of restraunts in a lot of countries..

nothing comes close to America... and its not because its America.. its becasue we have such a HUGE vareity.. the average city might have 40 Mexican restraunts.. 10 greek restraunts.. 5 Indian restraunts.. 20 chinese etc...

in other countries.. many large cities may offer you all these choices but they might only have 4 or 5 of each so your chances of finding that one Mexican restraunt that fits your exact taste is much higher in the average American city.

Id say thats the only reason its better...

killerchicken
05-22-2008, 20:49
I have to admit american food is pretty good, Not the best in the world obviously, The only thing though is that if i ate their food all the time i would be a fat bastard.:eek:

Capricious
05-22-2008, 20:53
20 chinese etc...

just to clarify...general gaos, beef and brocoli, egg foo young, etc.. is not authentic chinese. Thats americanized shit.

Go to chinatown or such (china) for the real experience.

Hecubis
05-22-2008, 20:54
It's a really tough decision.

My dad loves too cook and most of the stuff he makes is just absolutely incredible. It's one of the main reasons I visit my parents at least once a week, lol. He cooks mostly Germanic/Eastern European stuff, it's absolutely delicious, but I think that particular diet really evolved around agricultural and rural areas where people did a lot of labor in their daily lives, and it's really too fattening for someone who leads a sedentary life working on websites and shit. A lot of the stuff he makes is also inspired by French cuisine as well.

Italian and Greek food is also very good. I've also been exposed to some actual Chinese cooking (not our fake Americanized shit) and most of it is really good as well, but the Chinese fail hard at making desert. Vietnamese cuisine has recently become a favorite of mine as well.

I've heard people say "American Food" because it's a variety of ethnic food. Well they have that in Europe as well. Just because you're in Germany or something doesn't mean you won't find Greek, Italian, Chinese or other restaurants dedicated to ethnic cuisine from around the world. That's not phenomena that specific to America.

Bolter
05-22-2008, 20:56
Finnish Reindeer roast for the "real" foods, and hamburgers for fast-food.

Shaehl
05-22-2008, 20:57
America, bitches. Everyone knows the awesomeness of food is directly proportional to the amount of grease it contains.

All these other countries are make dishes out of fish and rice, and fag plants. America is where you go for no holds barred, heaping portions of man food.

Turkey or pot roast with mashed potatos and gravy. Hot apple pie for desert. BBQ ribs, a 20 oz NY Strip Steak hot off the grill, loaded baked potatos. Fuck yeah. Now I'm hungry.

You guys can keep your rice balls, plant chunks, and wisps of pastry. I'll take a stomach full of the flesh of an inferior species every time.

killerchicken
05-22-2008, 20:58
One thing i never found in america was a proper fish and chip shop. Whats up with that? No infact there was one in epcot and it was really bad.

Fro
05-22-2008, 20:59
One thing i never found in america was a proper fish and chip shop. Whats up with that? No infact there was one in epcot and it was really bad.

I must admit i love a good chippy but i think chips from a chinese shop is better strangely.

Damwa
05-22-2008, 21:00
Both of you stop being so reasonable and nice this is forumfall not Hello Kitty online.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your Forumfall experience. I truly and sincerely apologize. :)

PS: I bet those Hello Kitty players are real motherfucking *bitches* in the forums. :D

shnedit
05-22-2008, 21:01
I must admit i love a good chippy but i think chips from a chinese shop is better strangely.

nah they dont have nearly enough greese on em.

And you cant order a double battered sausage and scalop batch. Try it. You'll be amazed.

Mock
05-22-2008, 21:02
No one will agree on a best, because everyone's taste is different. That being said, I believe New Orleans creole is best. Millions of tourists agree :)

omnigol
05-22-2008, 21:06
I like fried baby squid, and french fries on the californian coast. There's too much good food, and I'm hungry.

Hecubis
05-22-2008, 21:07
America, bitches. Everyone knows the awesomeness of food is directly proportional to the amount of grease it contains.

All these other countries are make dishes out of fish and rice, and fag plants. America is where you go for no holds barred, heaping portions of man food.

Turkey or pot roast with mashed potatos and gravy. Hot apple pie for desert. BBQ ribs, a 20 oz NY Strip Steak hot off the grill, loaded baked potatos. Fuck yeah. Now I'm hungry.

You guys can keep your rice balls, plant chunks, and wisps of pastry. I'll take a stomach full of the flesh of an inferior species every time.

Europe definitely has you beat when it comes to greasy food that primarily consists of the flesh of herbivore species.

American's (And Canadians) couldn't make a decent gravy to save their lives and their potatoes are downright tasteless and bland compared the taters they use in central and eastern Europe. And they got plenty of apple pie as well.

No one will agree on a best, because everyone's taste is different. That being said, I believe New Orleans creole is best. Millions of tourists agree :)

Agreed. Creole cuisine is fantastic.

Fro
05-22-2008, 21:07
nah they dont have nearly enough greese on em.

And you cant order a double battered sausage and scalop batch. Try it. You'll be amazed.

I realy wanted HKO to be a hardcore FFA, full loot pvp game. The forums just seem to be crappy and strange.

Capricious
05-22-2008, 21:09

Come to the northeast for proper seafood.

Fro
05-22-2008, 21:11
Come to the northeast for proper seafood.

If its not covered in 3 inches of batter and accompnied by chips and curry sauce i dont want to know.

killerchicken
05-22-2008, 21:17
If its not covered in 3 inches of batter and accompnied by chips and curry sauce i dont want to know.

QFT, A fish with no batter, yuck.:D

Chaplow
05-22-2008, 21:36
America has the best food because all the foods that came from abroad but were adapted to america taste better here

Chinese food is better here, Italian food is better here, Mexican food... well not in taco bell but in some places...

Chaplow
05-22-2008, 21:37
America has the best food because all the foods that came from abroad but were adapted to america taste better here

Chinese food is better here, Italian food is better here, Mexican food... well not in taco bell but in some places...

i say this without traveling to any of those countries

god bless.

Reikson
05-22-2008, 21:40
American's (And Canadians) couldn't make a decent gravy to save their lives and their potatoes are downright tasteless and bland compared the taters they use in central and eastern Europe. And they got plenty of apple pie as well.

You've obviously never had home made southern food. Give me southern fried cooking over european cooking any day.

Matriel
05-22-2008, 21:41

Sounds like you haven't been to the South and thus are completely fucking wrong.

Jape
05-22-2008, 21:41
I heard Finnish food is pretty good.

Ever ate maksalaatikko (http://celebear.users.paivola.fi/sorsa/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/maksalaatikko.jpg)? ;)

Or Salmiakki (http://mift.net/shop/sal-08-2.jpg)? :rolleyes:

Maybe some Mammi (http://www.metalfromfinland.com/img/mammi.jpg)? Mmm! :)

Of those three, only maksalaatikko is actually food. salmiakki is candy and mammi = dessert (looks like shit, but its quite edible)

Sure, Finnish food is generally pretty crap (finns cant seem to know how to use spices for example).

Some pretty kickass traditional dishes here though, for example:
Sautéed_reindeer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saut%C3%A9ed_reindeer)
Karelian Hot Pot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karelian_hot_pot)

TheHardProblem
05-22-2008, 21:43
Indonesian food

Milo Hobgoblin
05-22-2008, 21:50
just to clarify...general gaos, beef and brocoli, egg foo young, etc.. is not authentic chinese. Thats americanized shit.

Go to chinatown or such (china) for the real experience.

completely agree.. the difference is theres a god damn china town with 10 authentic chinese restraunts in every large american city.. that was kind of my point.

Capricious
05-22-2008, 21:52
completely agree.. the difference is theres a god damn china town with 10 authentic chinese restraunts in every large american city.. that was kind of my point.

Roger, roger.

Hecubis
05-22-2008, 22:04
Sounds like you haven't been to the South and thus are completely fucking wrong.

Well no, I haven't been to the south. When I think of American food, I gnerally think of the shit people eat in the northern US and Canada, and it completely fails when compared to central and eastern European cuisine.

Kaorn
05-22-2008, 22:06
United States of America

Red Morgan
05-22-2008, 22:06
Hrmm... either Korean or Italian/Greek food. There's a little Korean diner I go to regularly, and it's fucking unbelievable.

Capricious
05-22-2008, 22:07
There's a little Korean diner I go to regularly, and it's fucking unbelievable.

Thats not a diner, thats a whorehouse.

Damwa
05-22-2008, 22:09
Thats not a diner, thats a whorehouse.

Well, if the eating is good...

Nexus
05-22-2008, 22:15
well, which one does ?

Do you mean ;

Which countries traditional food is the greatest?

or

Which country, if you wanted to go and have a meal now with every diner/restaraunt/cafe on offer, would you go to?

Two different questions, and only the first really has any worth.

I'd say India or China. I think Japan has everything else down, but I can't bring myself to eat Sushi. Not because I don't like the taste, just on principle.

BoS-Bibliotequa
05-22-2008, 22:23
People keep saying American food, but honestly, other than fast food, american-style pizzas, or creole cuisine, what food in the U.S. is actually american? It's all adapted from other placed.

With that said, I think by far the best seafood in the world reigns from Spain.

For pastas, you clearly can't beat Italy, although any city in Europe will offer good pastas. Once again though, like the argument about American food, those pastas will still be Italian food.

For up-scale cuisine, as someone said earlier, France and Spain for the epic win.

You can't beat an Argentinian steak.

Carribean (Cuban, Colombian, Venezuelan, etc. NOT Dominican) food is also delicious, although by no means classy.

Staatsschutz
05-22-2008, 22:40
cheeseburger > sushi

sorry but i have to say american food sucks a bit, compared to some other countries, and im not mindlessly flaming, i have been there two times and tried it out by myself. they have good things to eat too, theres no doubt about it, but you were asking for the best food, and there i have to compare america with other countries, and in that comparison it sucks so bad, its almost unbelievable. in my humble opinion the best food you can get is in france.

Ultimo
05-22-2008, 22:47
People keep saying American food, but honestly, other than fast food, american-style pizzas, or creole cuisine, what food in the U.S. is actually american? It's all adapted from other placed.

For pastas, you clearly can't beat Italy, although any city in Europe will offer good pastas. Once again though, like the argument about American food, those pastas will still be Italian food.

For up-scale cuisine, as someone said earlier, France and Spain for the epic win.

Carribean (Cuban, Colombian, Venezuelan, etc. NOT Dominican) food is also delicious, although by no means classy.

Argentinian steak? Take those words back whoreface. I am currently in Nebraska. Here we have a little thing called premium corn-fed beef. People outside the state don't even realize how good our beef is because we keep all the good stuff here and export the crappy stuff to other states (which apparantly is still considered the top of its class).

The only thing Nebraska has is its obsession with college football, and amazing steaks (which I am actually only going to college here, not from here...just to dispel any actual association of me to this craptastic state).

EDIT: Also, I find it funny that if you go to other countries there is actually a Nebraska restaurant...

Staatsschutz
05-22-2008, 22:55
well the best food i personally ever had, was in france, in a little town directly at the beach, near caen. it was me and a friend, traveling through france with the car, and we were sleeping in cheap formule 1 motels.

but the one day we decided to eat somethign really great, we only had that one time since it was so expensive, and the rest of the holidays we ate our own stuff which we had brought with us or bought in supermarkets most of the time.

well it consisted of 5 seperate rounds

the first round was mussels with sauce of white-wine.

the second was with various Crustaceans (dunno if this is the correct word in english)

the third round was Lobster

the fourth round was a parfait with pear and some ice and hot cooked fruits, and other stuff.

and then a plate with verious cheese

and then we had alot of white wine

it was like 150 euro per person.

but no other meal i ever had since then, or before, could ever beat that one.

and while we ate we watched the fisher boats bringing the fresh stuff from the sea into the harbor and into the restaurant

Dredread
05-22-2008, 23:02

All we have nowdays is FAT

My favorite food, because it would be pointless for me to argue what you like, is Indian. Very simple Indian dishes are the best, because they taste good, are very healthy, and I love spicy food... But I'm talking about NE Indian food... I backpacked in the himalayas for more than a month, and I loved the food made by the local villages (some villages only had 2 families in them).

Lieal
05-22-2008, 23:05
Thai.

EDIT: I guess the proper response would be "Thailand". (Although maybe not, I've never had Thai in Thailand.)

Reikson
05-22-2008, 23:11
Thai.

EDIT: I guess the proper response would be "Thailand". (Although maybe not, I've never had Thai in Thailand.)

Thai food in America doesnt even compare to Thai food in Thailand. Also when you ask for light on the spiciness it is still hotter than most the food I have eaten here.

Lieal
05-22-2008, 23:15
Thai food in America doesnt even compare to Thai food in Thailand. Also when you ask for light on the spiciness it is still hotter than most the food I have eaten here.

I usually get 13 on the 1-10 scale here. I'm addicted to spicy food.

Dredread
05-22-2008, 23:42
I usually get 13 on the 1-10 scale here. I'm addicted to spicy food.

Do you like Indian food? it's so spicy, but sooooo gooooood! But I would have to say, when you eat food in India, it's totally different than in the states...

But then again, from my experience of living in India, I know that the taste of foods would be completely different from one state to the next... Some use Honey Muster vegitable oil, where other states cook most of there food with vegitable oil... And with two small differences like that, you have a completely different taste... Maybe the same goes in the US... But non the less, it's still Indian food...

Zokten
05-23-2008, 01:31

Got to love those who never leave the US.

Dredread
05-23-2008, 01:34
Got to love those who never leave the US.

+1 lol, that's why at the end of the day it becomes a pointless thread.

BoS-Bibliotequa
05-23-2008, 01:34
Argentinian steak? Take those words back whoreface. I am currently in Nebraska. Here we have a little thing called premium corn-fed beef. People outside the state don't even realize how good our beef is because we keep all the good stuff here and export the crappy stuff to other states (which apparantly is still considered the top of its class).

The only thing Nebraska has is its obsession with college football, and amazing steaks (which I am actually only going to college here, not from here...just to dispel any actual association of me to this craptastic state).

EDIT: Also, I find it funny that if you go to other countries there is actually a Nebraska restaurant...
and Argentenians use quality, lean, healthy cattle. Look, I'm a steak lover, I've been to great steakhouses in the U.S. such as Morton's or Gibsons or Ruth's Chris or Smith and Wollensky, and they all have great steaks. But as sad as I am to give admit it, because Argentinians are really cocky pompous assholes that swear they're #1 in the world at everything, I have to really admit that you can't beat them at raising a good cow or finding a good cut of beef. At that, they're true artists, nay, scientists.

BoS-Bibliotequa
05-23-2008, 01:36
and about Chinese food, that's something that apparently changes radically from country to country, so definitely whenever you travel go to a Chinese place one day just to see that country's Chinese immigrants' take on how to make Chinese food.

Incanam
05-23-2008, 02:26
Indian food is nice. But then again, I am Indian, so maybe I am biased?

kiwiandmango
05-23-2008, 02:35
No offence but I say none of the British foods are really that good, they taste pretty bland.

I agree with America as well, because of their variety.
I prefer foods with good flavors and spices (not just salt and pepper)

End Dream
05-23-2008, 02:35
Japan invented sushi, but what I aparently eat as suchi is nothing like what they make in japan

sushi in the USA is the best food ever..

so USA???

Xtra-Medium
05-23-2008, 02:53
US has quiet a variety of food but it's all been adapted to American style. A foreign exchange student from hong kong told me chinese food in america taste different than it do in china. I assume its the same for all our foods.

losinglife
05-23-2008, 05:34
indians ;)

Jarkovii
05-23-2008, 05:49
Italy.. Hands down.

Hardlinemonk
05-23-2008, 05:58
Turkey has the best food

GFH_Spike
05-23-2008, 06:02
Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Croatian, German, Turkish, Lebanese, Moroccan.

I could never restrict myself to a single region. Diversity of food is important to me - delving into various ethnic cuisines is almost always an enjoyable and memorable experience for me.

losinglife
05-23-2008, 06:25
hungarian is still on my list of food groups to try. Used to be a sweet hungarian eatery around here i keep hearing about, but it no longer exists.

Arkh
05-23-2008, 08:55
France.

reece
05-23-2008, 09:18
spain has the best and tastiest stuff. tastiest fruits and pata negra.
chipis are my favoured.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1265/930057420_68e3a5bd2e.jpg
with good olive oil and lot of garlic.
thats the best you can get on earth. followed by korean rice dishes and pretty much everything the thai´s make.

worst food has egypt i guess, or cuba

Zyrex
05-23-2008, 09:22

Uh...it's not about kill/death raito, they still lost the war. Cummi FTW :ohno:

Fluffington
05-23-2008, 09:31
Uh...it's not about kill/death raito, they still lost the war. Cummi FTW :ohno:

K/D is everything.

-Jotun
05-23-2008, 09:37

BARBECUE OWNS ANY OTHER TYPE OF FOOD MOTEHRFUCKER

best believe it

BlackVolgan
05-23-2008, 09:41
chinese food is the fucking king of splendor

Skyrage
05-23-2008, 11:01
If talking purely about food...

Russian, Polish, English, French, Swedish, Traditional American (I'd love to take part in a thanksgiving dinner tbh) and not that fastfood fat/chemo bomb crap, Asian, Greek...meh...I can't really decide which is the best. They all taste great in their own way.

Slaker
05-23-2008, 13:34
Canada, Quebec = Poutine!

Slypieguy
05-23-2008, 13:42

Have you ever eaten Japanese food in Japan? Most of it isn't as good as Americanized Japanese food. Hint: they have no idea what "Habachi" is.

Fro
05-23-2008, 17:01
Do you mean ;

Which countries traditional food is the greatest?

or

Which country, if you wanted to go and have a meal now with every diner/restaraunt/cafe on offer, would you go to?

Two different questions, and only the first really has any worth.

I'd say India or China. I think Japan has everything else down, but I can't bring myself to eat Sushi. Not because I don't like the taste, just on principle.

I meant the first one but i didnt word the question quite right.

K/D is everything.

In CoD4 but not in war.

BARBECUE OWNS ANY OTHER TYPE OF FOOD MOTEHRFUCKER

best believe it

BBQ doesnt come from America and now its used all over the world especialy in Austrailia.

Gunther TheBlack
05-23-2008, 17:03

He is wrong hehe.

Well the best potatoes for french fries are Bintjes and those only grow in belgium/holland for own use and get exported to some specialty restaurants in the USA.

If there is one country good in gravy it's the USA and England, and i never visited the real "south" in the usa so i prolly never had their best gravy.

Central european cuisine has some good typical things tho. Like schnitzels, warm applepie with icecream, raclette(warm molten cheese with potatoes, pickles, onions, etc), cheese fondue, lake trout, etc

Danfue Yieba
05-23-2008, 17:12
it's not something to discuss depends on the taste of the person
for me the best food could be potatos, oor some potatos especially made in china or anything else
doesnt matter

if there was a country with the best food everybody would copy the food from there and u would have the same food everywhere

long live the diference!

remenber "point of view"

:ohno:

Shads
05-23-2008, 18:19
Have you ever eaten Japanese food in Japan? Most of it isn't as good as Americanized Japanese food. Hint: they have no idea what "Habachi" is.

I haven't eaten Americanized Japanese food either so can't tell ya really.

I reckon the stuff that they offer in "traditional' japanese restaurants in the West is not exactly what people eat in Japan, it's been adapted to the local tastes. But still, sushi is RAWWWWRRR!

Senti
05-23-2008, 18:24
American Food > All

I mean, we even do foreign foods better!

Italian food tastes better in America.

Shads
05-23-2008, 18:28
American Food > All

I mean, we even do foreign foods better!

Italian food tastes better in America.

Actually McDonalds are better in Europe ...

Spinewire
05-23-2008, 19:01
I know a chinese restaurant in China town in London..... It is Fucking Superb. Serious, i don't know how food could actually taste any better than the jazmin ribs there.

Ultimo
05-23-2008, 19:21
Actually McDonalds are better in Europe ...

Please never associate McDonalds with American cuisine. The joke is on you guys for letting that trash into your countries. Not even the majority of Americans eat there willingly (going on nearly 10 years of not supporting them myself).

Slypieguy
05-23-2008, 19:31
I haven't eaten Americanized Japanese food either so can't tell ya really.

I reckon the stuff that they offer in "traditional' japanese restaurants in the West is not exactly what people eat in Japan, it's been adapted to the local tastes. But still, sushi is RAWWWWRRR!

Sushi is also different there :p
The sushi is a lie!

Deja vu
05-23-2008, 20:04
Chineese and Mexican

I like American BBQ as well.

Fro
05-23-2008, 21:43
Please never associate McDonalds with American cuisine. The joke is on you guys for letting that trash into your countries. Not even the majority of Americans eat there willingly (going on nearly 10 years of not supporting them myself).

Why the hell are there so many in America then ?

Capricious
05-23-2008, 22:19

Yea, the majority gets the food forced down their throat while at gunpoint...wtf?

Lieal
05-23-2008, 22:21
Yea, the majority gets the food forced down their throat while at gunpoint...wtf?

He's just tripping if he thinks that is true for the majority. I wouldn't be surprised if he is from Cali or New York, someone from there might actually believe that. :p

Ultimo
05-23-2008, 22:47

Well, children don't have an option now do they? They eat what is given to them...so I don't see where you are lost in this conversation.

Ultimo
05-23-2008, 22:51
He's just tripping if he thinks that is true for the majority. I wouldn't be surprised if he is from Cali or New York, someone from there might actually believe that. :p

Reading comprehension for the win. That sentence means (alternatively stated), that the majority of people I know don't eat there, and the ones that I know that do only do so unwillingly (due to them being children, etc).

EDIT: Also, there aren't that many McDonalds in my area...very few. We have alternate chains all over this state that are far more massive, such as Runza, Amigos, etc.

Nehemia
05-23-2008, 22:54
Turkey, seriously, I could have eaten myself full only with the pita bread they have.. (No, if you haven't ate it in Turkey, then you haven't eaten pita bread.) Not forgetting all those kebab's, holy motherfucking God.

losinglife
05-23-2008, 22:56
i hear the Y has good food

Helgeran
05-23-2008, 22:59
I like chinese food but I know that the chinese food here is all made by people from vietnam and it's probably nothing like chinese food anyway since that country is humongously large, poor and diverse.

Slypieguy
05-23-2008, 23:21
I like chinese food but I know that the chinese food here is all made by people from vietnam and it's probably nothing like chinese food anyway since that country is humongously large, poor and diverse.

Yes, you won't find sweet & sour chicken over there, more like frog legs and shit.

Also, McDonalds in Japan sucks. The burgers aren't as good, the sausage biscuits aren't as good, and their drink sizes are like a kids meal size here. Wendy's in Japan kicks the shit out of American Wendy's though.

Delwyn
05-24-2008, 00:57
I'm surprised nobody says norwegian food. Lutefisk, Rakfisk, Smalahove, Kjøttkaker i brun saus. It's all good. REALLY good.

Misha
05-24-2008, 01:35
Variety wins for me. I love it all, French, Japanese, Vietnamese, Turkish... yum. To limit a choice to one is impossible for me.

Jinpachi
05-24-2008, 02:01
cheeseburger > sushi

You're an idiot. And you're gonna die before you're 80 for sure unless you have great genes for living long, which you probably don't since you're as mentioned an idiot. You're also gonna be (or you are already) looking older than you are.

Vanno
05-24-2008, 05:35
I like Vietnamese style the best, but America has the best food, as it uses all sorts of styles and combinations.

Arclyte
05-24-2008, 06:45
one word

baconator

Desperado[1G]
05-24-2008, 06:47
You're an idiot. And you're gonna die before you're 80 for sure unless you have great genes for living long, which you probably don't since you're as mentioned an idiot. You're also gonna be (or you are already) looking older than you are.

I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARENT A WEEABOO FAGGOT LIKE ME. HOW DARE YOU LIKE CHEESEBURGERS OVER RAW JAPANESE FISH.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. I CAN'T EVEN ENJOY MY NARUTO EPISODE IM SO ANGRY.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ungraylessness
05-24-2008, 06:49
Clearly Turkjectistan has the best food in the world. Very few people have had the chance to taste authentic turkjecaneese, but the Baél is unbelievably the best you'll ever have.

fRdz
05-24-2008, 10:20
Japan?

Staatsschutz
05-24-2008, 10:28
Clearly Turkjectistan has the best food in the world. Very few people have had the chance to taste authentic turkjecaneese, but the Baél is unbelievably the best you'll ever have.

Did you just invent that country or does it really exist? :=p

maybe its turkmenistan when translated into german, but turkjectistan i have never heard before

Gunther TheBlack
05-24-2008, 12:07
I'm surprised nobody says norwegian food. Lutefisk, Rakfisk, Smalahove, Kjøttkaker i brun saus. It's all good. REALLY good.

I agree, every single soul on the planet should try lutefisk or he never experienced true taste!

Like they say; O lutefisk, O lutefisk, how pungent your aroma / O lutefisk, O lutefisk, you put me in a coma

Gunther TheBlack
05-24-2008, 12:08
Did you just invent that country or does it really exist? :=p

maybe its turkmenistan when translated into german, but turkjectistan i have never heard before

I prefer the food of Absurdistan.

Shads
05-24-2008, 12:37
I prefer the food of Absurdistan.

I live in Absurdistan. :D

Teth
05-24-2008, 18:31
Fuck yes India.

Slypieguy
05-24-2008, 19:03
Fuck yes India.

/gag

Lejar
05-24-2008, 19:46
Fuck yes India.

/gag

Lol. I like Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, French, American, German, Greek (rocks) and pretty much every other type of food out there except for Indian food. Curry is okay in German cooking... but other than that it just doesn't suite my taste.

Daccus
05-24-2008, 19:56
I love it all, Italian, Mexican, German, Asian, Thai, but I think I love American foods the most. Hamburgers, BBQ, the combining of different foods from difference cultures like Cajun and Tex-mex, it's all great stuff.

Teth
05-24-2008, 22:20
Lol. I like Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, French, American, German, Greek (rocks) and pretty much every other type of food out there except for Indian food. Curry is okay in German cooking... but other than that it just doesn't suite my taste.
Germania should stick to pastries & desserts. We will leave it at that.

Lieal
05-24-2008, 23:13
Indian food is delicious. Naan is probably the best thing ever. I wish I could have naan with thai curry though.

Matriel
05-24-2008, 23:22
Well no, I haven't been to the south. When I think of American food, I gnerally think of the shit people eat in the northern US and Canada, and it completely fails when compared to central and eastern European cuisine.

Well that's your problem. Northerners can't cook good food to save their fucking lives. Having eaten in both places, there is no comparsion. Unless you want to eat healthy. But in that case, you don't like good food anyway.

As far as I know, US southern style cooking is unique to the area. There are probably some cultural spin-off dishes, but I haven't found anywhere else on 4 continents that compares.

CaptainCrackers
05-25-2008, 00:25
Well that's your problem. Northerners can't cook good food to save their fucking lives. Having eaten in both places, there is no comparsion. Unless you want to eat healthy. But in that case, you don't like good food anyway.

As far as I know, US southern style cooking is unique to the area. There are probably some cultural spin-off dishes, but I haven't found anywhere else on 4 continents that compares.

i've heard you just deep fry everything in the south(and the rest of usa), not just food that's usually deep fried, but everything. And i don't know if i want to taste that, i mean, it sounds nasty and good at the same time.

Reikson
05-25-2008, 01:06
I agree, every single soul on the planet should try lutefisk or he never experienced true taste!

isnt that the stuff they soak in lye?

CaptainCrackers
05-25-2008, 02:03
isnt that the stuff they soak in lye?

it's cod soaked in lye, then set for a long time, and ect. i dunno. I've tried it, it's half decent, but not my kind of food, i prefer my fish either smoked, baked in an oven or in sushi, and buying salmon thats from a fish farm is heresy! If you've had wild salmon and tried farmed salmon you'll notice the difference

Matriel
05-25-2008, 02:29
i've heard you just deep fry everything in the south(and the rest of usa), not just food that's usually deep fried, but everything. And i don't know if i want to taste that, i mean, it sounds nasty and good at the same time.

Not exactly. Some things are deep fried. Some things are seasoned. And some awesome shit is baked/simmered/boiled. Depends on the dish. Southern food is definitely not healthy though. But most healthy things taste like shit.

Kietharr
05-25-2008, 02:44
Being an American, I can appreciate a little of everything, but I am one picky motherfucker. I don't eat very much red meat on the basis that white meats are better for you and I eat enough cheese and eggs to harden my arteries as it is. I like Italian and French the best overall, I'm mostly Italian, Norwegian and French by blood. I live off of breads, pasta, cheese and seafood. Norway has some decent stuff but the weird shit really kinda kills it.

As for stuff unique to around where I live, smoked wild pacific salmon is pretty damned badass. Atlantic salmon is dogshit, get it from Alaska, B.C. or Washington if you want a real salmon. It's true that outside of the south and new england there really isn't anything all that unique with American cooking though, the west hasn't been settled for long enough to get its own traditions when it comes to food and with the rise of global trade I doubt we ever will.

We've got rocky mountain oysters though, they make 'em in Washington too even though we're past the rockies. Actually not all that bad, they taste like chicken. Not that I've made a habit of eating them, but hey if your dad calls you a pussy you've got to prove him wrong amirite?

CaptainCrackers
05-25-2008, 03:22
i'm very apposed to the idea that if someone tells you that certain food is not healthy for you then you should not eat it. Thats just bullshit, if something taste good you fucking eat it!

Jinpachi
07-29-2008, 18:06
;1355869']I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARENT A WEEABOO FAGGOT LIKE ME. HOW DARE YOU LIKE CHEESEBURGERS OVER RAW JAPANESE FISH.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. I CAN'T EVEN ENJOY MY NARUTO EPISODE IM SO ANGRY.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You really hit the nail on your thumb there.

I've tasted sushi once, and I never even eat rice. I don't have any special knowledge or admiration for Japanese culture. I only know what Naruto is because a couple of years ago some dumbass tried to convince me that by hitting people with your index fingers instead of your fists, it's like hitting them from the inside... or something. He continued to elaborate on Naruto or one of his without a doubt effeminate posse members utilizing this sophisticated fighting technique.

I commented on his dumbassness, followed by him stating that he could break my arm using my bodyweight because he was a Kung Fu trainee. I dared him to try, and he silently walked away probably after deducing that he couldn't, which seemed a lot closer to the truth than his first postulation (take notes). Good for him, he looked frail.

Now, I have to ask you, what is a weeaboo? I'm assuming it's something Japanese, weeaboo faggot. You can enhance your Naruto episode with some cheeseburgers.

I'm also going to assume that you like to pour diarrhoea all over you.

Gaal
07-29-2008, 18:19
You withdrew (retreated) and vietnam was united. You lost, they won get over it.

Except it wasn't united you fucking idiot.

Kebek
07-29-2008, 18:21
Chinese, Italian, Greek...all great cuisines.

Mulambo
07-29-2008, 18:23
old post is old.

Deja vu
07-29-2008, 18:28
In order of prefrence

1. Chinese
2. Mexican
3. Thai
4. American (BBQ/Burgers and such Soul food FTW Fried Chicken)
5. Greek

German deserts are good but German food is pretty bad IMHO.

Ultimo
07-29-2008, 18:32
In order of prefrence

1. Chinese
2. Mexican
3. Thai
5. Greek

Traditional home style german food is amazing. Who can argue meat and potatos???

Arkh
07-29-2008, 18:51
In order of prefrence

0. French
1. Chinese
2. Mexican
3. Thai
5. Greek

Fixt.
French food FTW.

Hotreb
07-29-2008, 18:53
Oc Italy for pasta, but in Canada i've seen (and eat) awensome steaks

Jezrith
07-29-2008, 19:01

It is a well known to any southerner who's transplanted up north any amount of decent time, that Yankees generally suck at food. There are a few things they do well, but these few dishes are often times done just as well, if not better by southern folk.

jonyak
07-29-2008, 19:04
Lebanese
Greek
Indian
Thai
Italian
Mexican

in that order.

Jezrith
07-29-2008, 19:06
Not exactly. Some things are deep fried.

You haven't lived until you have eaten deep-fried cheesecake!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/ultimate-fantasy-deep-fried-cheesecake-recipe/index.html

Matriel
07-29-2008, 19:07
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/ultimate-fantasy-deep-fried-cheesecake-recipe/index.html

Probably the only way cheesecake wouldn't taste like ass on a plate.

Mulambo
07-29-2008, 19:07

my uncle is a cardiologist in the south. He just saves fat ppl's lives all day so they can go eat moar of yuor food.

Jezrith
07-29-2008, 19:11
my uncle is a cardiologist in the south. He just saves fat ppl's lives all day so they can go eat moar of yuor food.

Sounds like your Uncle is a smart man. I beat he even eats meat. ;)

Probably the only way cheesecake wouldn't taste like ass on a plate.

Dude! Cheesecake is one of the gifts of the gods, man! But of course, a southerner had to go and make it better.

Mulambo
07-29-2008, 19:44
Sounds like your Uncle is a smart man. I beat he even eats meat. ;)

Raised vegetarian, he eats meat very rarely. But i haz seen him do it befoar.

Viluin
07-29-2008, 19:46
Chinese food is the best, if you ask me. Although I like my Doner Kebab as well.

As long as it's meat, and as long as it's not beef or pork, I'll eat it. I don't like the taste/smell of beef and pork for some reason. Especially beef is disgusting, pork I can somewhat live with if it's served.

Cheesecake does not taste very good. :(

Fro
07-29-2008, 19:46
Except it wasn't united you fucking idiot.

Yes it was thats why vietnam is one country now, moron. Sure it was united a few years afterwards but it was united all the same.

Fro
07-29-2008, 19:48
Oh anyway thx for the necro of my awesome thread. I couldn't realy say which country has the best food now, i enjoy food from so many different places.

Viluin
07-29-2008, 19:51
Btw, I must be the only person in the west who dislikes potatoes. I can't stand them. Give me rice or pasta.

Mulambo
07-29-2008, 19:52
I couldn't realy say which country has the best food now, i enjoy food from so many different places.

Yeah, I think only a fool would not agree with this.

Fro
07-29-2008, 19:54
Btw, I must be the only person in the west who dislikes potatoes. I can't stand them. Give me rice or pasta.

You dont like any kind of potatoe, cooked in any way? Thats insane.

shnedit
07-29-2008, 19:56

Not even chips/fries?

Viluin
07-29-2008, 19:56
You dont like any kind of potatoe, cooked in any way? Thats insane.

Nope. There's no taste to potatoes and they're always at least a bit dry on the inside.

Fro
07-29-2008, 19:59
Nope. There's no taste to potatoes and they're always at least a bit dry on the inside.

Oh yeh because plain rice has so much more taste. I could understand the dry part but thats wht sauces and dips are for. Theres loads of way to add taste to patotaes just like rice and mostp eople like the texture, nothing like a crispy and fluffy chip.

Jezrith
07-29-2008, 20:01
Raised vegetarian, he eats meat very rarely. But i haz seen him do it befoar.

Well, at least he was able to over come his disabilitating upbringing to some degree. ;)

They don't end up that way when I cook them.

jonyak
07-29-2008, 20:02
Oh yeh because plain rice has so much more taste. I could understand the dry part but thats wht sauces and dips are for. Theres loads of way to add taste to patotaes just like rice and mostp eople like the texture, nothing like a crispy and fluffy chip.

I liek to eat a potato with thte skin on and some sour cream... that is so good and the skin is the most flavourful part.

Fro
07-29-2008, 20:04
I liek to eat a potato with thte skin on and some sour cream... that is so good and the skin is the most flavourful part.

Sounds nice actualy. Baked potato with tuna and cheese ftw.

Jezrith
07-29-2008, 20:05
Sounds nice actualy. Baked potato with tuna and cheese ftw.

Baked Potato and tuna covered in cheese... interesting. I'm assuming a sharp cheddar yes?

Ultimo
07-29-2008, 20:06
I like spuds. Twice baked for me. Delicious.

Fro
07-29-2008, 20:07
Baked Potato and tuna covered in cheese... interesting. I'm assuming a sharp cheddar yes?

Yep. Some mild cheeses like mozarrella (sp?) work well. I wouldn't use a fancy blue cheese or feta though.

Aragoni
07-29-2008, 20:07
Swedish. I enjoyed Turkey's food though. Ali Nazik ftw.

Tiarilir
07-29-2008, 20:08
Swedish. I enjoyed Turkey's food though. Ali Nazik ftw.

What swedish food is actually good?

jonyak
07-29-2008, 20:09
I don't even know what swedish food is, other than those tasty little meatballs.

shnedit
07-29-2008, 20:09
I don't even know what swedish food is,

Yes. Someone enlighten me please.

Matriel
07-29-2008, 20:10
Pickled herrings or whatever the fuck they are. Disgusting.

Mulambo
07-29-2008, 20:11
lutafisk - rotting fish.

Fro
lingenberry jam = win.

Mulambo
lingenberry jam = win.

qft.

Simmy
07-29-2008, 20:14

I have to agree with this statement.

On topic, I think Italian food is the best.

Aragoni
07-29-2008, 20:14

Pitepalt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitepalt)

shnedit
07-29-2008, 20:16
Pitepalt

Pitepalt are mostly made out of raw potatoes

Viluin will likes that then.

Aragoni
07-29-2008, 20:18
Viluin will likes that then.

Palt doesn't taste like potatoes, really. I'm not the biggest fan of potatoes either but palt is teh shitzoor.

jonyak
this is my favorite food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gefilte_fish

mmmm carp patties.

for anyone that doesn't know what a carp is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carp

Red Fire
Iceland!

It has less variety than America but atleast the variety isn't discusting, you don't have to worry about what food is good and what food is bad.

o and also, if not Iceland then Europe!!!!!!!
so I think Europe wins America

Aragoni
07-29-2008, 20:22
if not Iceland then Europe!!!!!!!

um... Europe is not one country like the U.S.
Plus, which America are we talking about (if we're talking about continents)? North America or South America?

Fro
07-29-2008, 20:23
Iceland!

It has less variety than America but atleast the variety isn't discusting, you don't have to worry about what food is good and what food is bad.

o and also, if not Iceland then Europe!!!!!!!

Keyword was country, Unless your referring to America the continent which is still wrong since its two continents. Maybe i'm just being too much of an asshole though.

shnedit
07-29-2008, 20:23
Best food is pan seared duck, with a orange sauce. Not sure what country wants the credit for that mouth orgasm though.

Aragoni
07-29-2008, 20:30
I don't even know what swedish food is, other than those tasty little meatballs.

Yes. Someone enlighten me please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_Sweden
Wiki ftw, right?

Fro
07-29-2008, 20:31
Best food is pan seared duck, with a orange sauce. Not sure what country wants the credit for that mouth orgasm though.

Isn't that meant to be French i think its the same thing as duck al orange (sp?)

Matriel
07-29-2008, 20:33
Isn't that meant to be French i think its the same thing as duck al orange (sp?)

You're not kidding anyone. You know the real French spelling.

Fro
07-29-2008, 20:38
Ok thats its anyone else calls me french and i'll be forced to write them a letter telling them how angry i am.

shnedit
07-29-2008, 20:39
Ok thats its anyone else calls me french and i'll be forced to write them a letter telling them how angry i am.

Frenchy. Make me some Duck! Please.

Mulambo
07-29-2008, 20:40

french?

EDIT: I mean, uh, I don't know.

Aragoni

You're French and you have bad teeth.

Tyler
to be exact, the pacific northwest has the best food in america, and the world. With a strong, stable, agricultural infrastructure that's all about quality over quanity. the pac NW farm to table seasonal restaurants are the best food on the planet right now, imo. fresh pure real food, it's awesome.

i'd also say runner up is iceland for having the most awe-inspiring traditional dish, fermented shark meat. SE asia can keep their chick featuses. sharks pee through their skin, a mature shark is all but leathally poisonus, and these folks found a way to stompach em go iceland.

Viluin
07-29-2008, 20:41

Potatoes + sauce = not meant to be. Seriously. The exception being fries of course, and I do like those. But that's only because they're deep fried.

Tyler
07-29-2008, 20:42

Gravlax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravlax

Uzik
07-29-2008, 20:44
American food is the best.

Fro
07-29-2008, 20:45
Potatoes + sauce = not meant to be. Seriously. The exception being fries of course, and I do like those. But that's only because they're deep fried.

So you do like potatoes.

Aragoni
07-29-2008, 20:45
Gravlax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravlax

Gravad Lax (with some Gravlax sauce) on a sandwich is FOR TEH FUCKING WIN.. Especially when you have a glass of milk. :D

umustbemistaken
07-29-2008, 20:47
America has authentic food from every where so it has the greatest diversity and greatest food. And it has apple pie

But if yeh mean traditional food for the country maybe I'd say Italy.