PDA

View Full Version : Eating your friends

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 03:09
A long time ago, me and a very good friend made a deal:

If I died before him he was to eat a small part of me, like a cubic centimeter or smaller, and vice versa, as long as it was possible to do it without getting arrested for it. The idea was that some of the eaten matter, although a small fraction, would become part of the eater for some period of time. We thought this sounded pretty cool, and I still do, even though the likeliness that we (one of us) go trough with it, or even get a chance of going trough with it, isn't very big.

So I'm wondering, what do you people think about the above? For the most part I reject artificial social taboos, and find nothing morally wrong with this idea, but I can imagine some of you will think it's sick.

Leathlord
05-11-2008, 03:15
Or you could both just do the blood brothers thingy before one of you are dead...the eating flesh of someone idea is just stupid.

jordanleroux
05-11-2008, 03:15

If I died before him he was to eat a small part of me, like a cubic centimeter or smaller, and vice versa, as long as it was possible to do it without getting arrested for it. The idea was that some of the eaten matter, although a small fraction, would become part of the eater for some period of time. We thought this sounded pretty cool, and I still do, even though the likeliness that we (one of us) go trough with it, or even get a chance of going trough with it, isn't very big.

So I'm wondering, what do you people think about the above? For the most part I reject artificial social taboos, and find nothing morally wrong with this idea, but I can imagine some of you will think it's sick.

You are a fucking nut. I suggest some psychiatric assistance.

Kietharr
05-11-2008, 03:18
No, no cannibalism here. Sure it was an act of great respect in some cultures and a matter of survival in others, but they're pretty much all exterminated now. We don't need to be reviving such a revolting tradition in civilized nations just for shock factor.

Anyways, go kill yourself.

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 03:18
You are a fucking nut. I suggest some psychiatric assistance.

Why?

jordanleroux
05-11-2008, 03:22
Why?

Because only the sickest of mother fuckers manage to turn me on...

A/S/L

Leathlord
05-11-2008, 03:27
Technically humans are plant eaters so cannibalism is kinda wrong in all forms I would say. But also, don't expect to eat that human flesh and not have any problems there bud. There's a reason it's rare for cannibalism to exist it's because the body cannot process human flesh/meat/etc so your given the worst case of the shits.

Lethn
05-11-2008, 03:28
I don't know who's scarier, Jinpachi or Jordonleroux.....

In fact...

*backs back out the threads slowly*

jordanleroux
05-11-2008, 03:29
I don't know who's scarier, Jinpachi or Jordonleroux.....

In fact...

*backs back out the threads slowly*

It is probably better for you to back out, I do not know where I am going to stick this throbbing thing....

Kietharr
05-11-2008, 03:32
If you hurry I bet Lethn's got an eyesocket about the right size.

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 03:33
No, no cannibalism here. Sure it was an act of great respect in some cultures and a matter of survival in others, but they're pretty much all exterminated now. We don't need to be reviving such a revolting tradition in civilized nations just for shock factor.

Anyways, go kill yourself.

And why is it (not cannibalism in general, but what my post is about) revolting? Because society at large would deem it so? Do you have any arguments for why it's revolting / not right? I think eating insects is revolting, but I certainly don't think badly of people who do. They're lucky their culture didn't impose that phobia on them.

jordanleroux
05-11-2008, 03:38
And why is it (not cannibalism in general, but what my post is about) revolting? Because society at large would deem it so? Do you have any arguments for why it's revolting / not right? I think eating insects is revolting, but I certainly don't think badly of people who do. They're lucky their culture didn't impose that phobia on them.

Cannibalism is generally looked at as a monstrosity whether it is involving animals or humans. The idea of eating ones brethren seems unorthodox, does it not?

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 03:39
Technically humans are plant eaters so cannibalism is kinda wrong in all forms I would say. But also, don't expect to eat that human flesh and not have any problems there bud. There's a reason it's rare for cannibalism to exist it's because the body cannot process human flesh/meat/etc so your given the worst case of the shits.

We're technically omnivores :)

And the problems you're talking about is the human equivalent of Creuzfeldt Jakob disease (mad cow disease) which won't even come close to occur in the scenario I'm talking about.

Ftang
05-11-2008, 03:39
theres nothing wrong with consenting cannibalism, its just that if youre gonna break a taboo, why not fuck your sister/mum (if hot) rather than eat your friend?

where do you get this crap?

Surly
05-11-2008, 03:41
I think the aversion to eating same-species flesh is pretty uniform and reviled by every animal on the planet. But if you've turned it into an idealistic crusade of zeal to prove to yourself that you're non-conformist, then by God flick that black dyed emo hair of yours out of the way and sink those pearly whites into your friend's abdomen. Social conformity be damned!

I really don't give two shits if you eat him while he's still alive, frankly. To answer the question you posed, however, I find it to be a little ............ wait for it...... distasteful.

-Havoc-
05-11-2008, 03:43
Cannibalism is generally looked at as a monstrosity whether it is involving animals or humans. The idea of eating ones brethren seems unorthodox, does it not?

But he's asking why people think that way. No one (not just the people in this thread) can seem to answer that question, not just in regards to cannibalism, but in regards to everything. There are many different cultures on this planet (and probably throughout the universe) with conflicting belief-systems. What makes you think that yours is the right one?

There isn't a correct belief-system. They're all baseless and meaningless, and only cater to the majority's interests.

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 03:43

That it's unorthodox is the least of my concerns. Again, I'm talking about my original post, not cannibalism in general.

Gloomrender
05-11-2008, 03:44
You should eat a piece of his dick.

Death's Chill
05-11-2008, 03:51
Nothing is morally wrong if done in consensual play without deceit. It's that simple. :)

It's very odd, weird, quirky, bizarre, strange, whatever word you'd like to use to describe something out of the ordinary, it doesn't make it wrong. Personally I couldn't do it because I doubt it would be very tasty. ;)

jordanleroux
05-11-2008, 03:52

You just fucking won this thread.

Surly
05-11-2008, 03:52
Nothing is morally long if done in consensual play without deceit. It's that simple. :)

It's very odd, weird, quirky, bizarre, strange, whatever word you'd like to use to describe something out of the ordinary, it doesn't make it wrong. Personally I couldn't do it because I doubt it would be very tasty. ;)What are you, Japanese?

Surly
05-11-2008, 03:53
You just fucking won this thread.I agree, it was a quality post.

Death's Chill
05-11-2008, 03:56
What are you, Japanese?

I think it's probably the most unfortunate typo I've made in a while. Not even sure how I typed that. :ohno:

alfaroverall
05-11-2008, 04:00
The Yanomamo did it. Though they would burn the bodies until they were completely black before they'd eat them. These people were literally as afraid of being buried as we would be of being eaten after death. They believed that burial would trap one's spirit inside one's body, which would be the equivalent of Hell in the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Havoc: anthropology teaches us some interesting things about broad cultural concepts. For instance, anthropological study has shown that incest per se (i.e. not first cousin incest, but like brother-sister incest) is universally taboo? Why is this, especially since some cultures have little to no understanding of DNA to this day? It's because roles get reversed when incest occurs. A man becomes the father and the brother to his son. The way to treat people in the family unit (which is critical in many cultures) fades away. In the case of cannibalism, most cultures (and indeed, all cultures at this point as far as I know) have recognized that it is effectively harmful to the society as a whole. It is for this reason that it can be effectively deemed an anthropological fact that cannibalism is bad. It is not based on any individual assertion; it is based on the realization that it is a universal cultural truth.

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 04:09
I think the aversion to eating same-species flesh is pretty uniformly reviled by every animal on the planet. But if you've turned it into an idealistic crusade of zeal to prove to yourself that you're non-conformist, then by God flick that black dyed emo hair of yours out of the way and sink those pearly whites into your friend's abdomen. Social conformity be damned!

I really don't give two shits if you eat him while he's still alive, frankly. To answer the question you posed, however, I find it to be a little ............ wait for it...... distasteful.

For rabbits in captivity, it is common practice to keep a male away from his newborn babies, because he might eat them. Many animals eat their placenta and their baby's umbilical cord after birth. That doesn't matter to me though, I don't give a shit what animals do. As far as I'm concerned, having no innate sense of right and wrong is something the most (all) animals have in common. The crazy birds living most of their life in homosexuality push the survival/reproductive instincts to second place :D ^That's all digression though.

If I wanted to prove I'm non-conformist, I certainly wouldn't conform to emoism. This stuff doesn't have anything to do with non-conformity for the sake of non-conformity, although it would lose some of its meaning if it was common practice. It wouldn't be special.

Death's Chill
05-11-2008, 04:22
Havoc: anthropology teaches us some interesting things about broad cultural concepts. For instance, anthropological study has shown that incest per se (i.e. not first cousin incest, but like brother-sister incest) is universally taboo? Why is this, especially since some cultures have little to no understanding of DNA to this day? It's because roles get reversed when incest occurs. A man becomes the father and the brother to his son. The way to treat people in the family unit (which is critical in many cultures) fades away. In the case of cannibalism, most cultures (and indeed, all cultures at this point as far as I know) have recognized that it is effectively harmful to the society as a whole. It is for this reason that it can be effectively deemed an anthropological fact that cannibalism is bad. It is not based on any individual assertion; it is based on the realization that it is a universal cultural truth.

So basically, you're just saying that anthropologists believe it to be bad, without saying why they do.

Why is cannibalism bad, if consensual?

alfaroverall
05-11-2008, 04:25
So basically, you're just saying that anthropologists believe it to be bad, without saying why they do.

Why is cannibalism bad, if consensual?
Try reading again. I definitely explained why anthropologists follow this assertion.

Note that the assertion is made with respect to the present, not the past, because the consensus of worldwide cultures was not reached until fairly recently.

Surly
05-11-2008, 04:29
For rabbits in captivity, it is common practice to keep a male away from his newborn babies, because he might eat them. Many animals eat their placenta and their baby's umbilical cord after birth. That doesn't matter to me though, I don't give a shit what animals do. As far as I'm concerned, having no innate sense of right and wrong is something the most (all) animals have in common. The crazy birds living most of their life in homosexuality push the survival/reproductive instincts to second place :D ^That's all digression though.

If I wanted to prove I'm non-conformist, I certainly wouldn't conform to emoism. This stuff doesn't have anything to do with non-conformity for the sake of non-conformity, although it would lose some of its meaning if it was common practice. It wouldn't be special.You've been very adamant and demanding that you will not conform to socially acceptable standards just because they are so, and the louder you trumpet that kind of philosophy the less genuine it seems, and the more pretentious it is.

Tom Cruise ate his wife's afterbirth too, but that isn't exactly a recommendation to do it. I find the idea of eating other people distasteful. I might try it, I guess, if some one served me a man-steak and said "dig in!" but I don't think I'm going to go around asking people if I can eat them after they die. Anyway, you asked people to comment on the idea so I did. I really don't care what other people do, I just don't want to eat other people myself. I wouldn't want anyone to eat me... it's like signing an organ donor card or something. What if some one wants your liver? What if your friend gets really hungry? You've sealed your own fate my friend!

jordanleroux
05-11-2008, 04:33
Tom Cruise ate his wife's afterbirth too

I hope you are serious.

DukeWessex
05-11-2008, 04:35
There is a hint of sacred cannibalism in just about every human culture, despite it being taboo in modern civilization. There is an old archetype of ritual sacrifice of a king of important heroic figure, and his body being used to feed his people - either directly in cannibalistic ritual, or indirectly through his blood being used to water the crops or whatnot.

This is tied with the identity of the king or cultural hero as a solar figure, and his death and rebirth being related to the waxing and waning of the sun's light throughout the year. Ritually sacrificing and/or eating the king allows the community to partake in the cycles of the cosmos.

Even modern Christianity is heavily based on this cannibalistic myth. The Eucharist has the congregation members symbolically eating and drinking the blood and body of Christ - it is no accident that this is ritual cannibalism, and you had better believe it is an echo of when such rites were carried out literally in the ancient past.

Killuminati
05-11-2008, 04:38
I hope you are serious.

Scientologists regularly eat that stuff for dinner.

Death's Chill
05-11-2008, 04:38
Try reading again. I definitely explained why anthropologists follow this assertion.

Note that the assertion is made with respect to the present, not the past, because the consensus of worldwide cultures was not reached until fairly recently.

No, you did not.

"In the case of cannibalism, most cultures (and indeed, all cultures at this point as far as I know) have recognized that it is effectively harmful to the society as a whole. It is for this reason that it can be effectively deemed an anthropological fact that cannibalism is bad. It is not based on any individual assertion; it is based on the realization that it is a universal cultural truth."

What reason?

You just stated that it was harmful without putting for any reason as to why. ;)

Xtra-Medium
05-11-2008, 04:44
cooked or raw?

Surly
05-11-2008, 04:46
I hope you are serious.Yeah, I am.

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 04:48
You've been very adamant and demanding that you will not conform to socially acceptable standards just because they are so, and the louder you trumpet that kind of philosophy the less genuine it seems, and the more pretentious it is.[This is ambiguous. I don't reject social standards because they are social standards, I despise that. I reject the social standards that I don't think correlate with right and wrong. I hope you understand what I'm saying here, because there's a big difference.]

Tom Cruise [Tom Cruise is insane] ate his wife's afterbirth too, but that isn't exactly a recommendation to do it. I find the idea of eating other people distasteful. I might try it, I guess, if some one served me a man-steak and said "dig in!" but I don't think I'm going to go around asking people if I can eat them after they die. Anyway, you asked people to comment on the idea so I did. I really don't care what other people do, I just don't want to eat other people myself. I wouldn't want anyone to eat me... it's like signing an organ donor card or something. What if some one wants your liver? What if your friend gets really hungry? You've sealed your own fate my friend!.

Surly
05-11-2008, 04:48
There is a hint of sacred cannibalism in just about every human culture, despite it being taboo in modern civilization. There is an old archetype of ritual sacrifice of a king of important heroic figure, and his body being used to feed his people - either directly in cannibalistic ritual, or indirectly through his blood being used to water the crops or whatnot.

This is tied with the identity of the king or cultural hero as a solar figure, and his death and rebirth being related to the waxing and waning of the sun's light throughout the year. Ritually sacrificing and/or eating the king allows the community to partake in the cycles of the cosmos.

Even modern Christianity is heavily based on this cannibalistic myth. The Eucharist has the congregation members symbolically eating and drinking the blood and body of Christ - it is no accident that this is ritual cannibalism, and you had better believe it is an echo of when such rites were carried out literally in the ancient past.But that's different. Jesus is a zombie, and zombies frequently eat human flesh. Are you advocating Zombiism?

Surly
05-11-2008, 04:51
.I don't think I'm ever ambiguous if you can help it. I was just commenting that the frequency and fervid nature of your demands to being anti-conformist were a little extraordinary. Not that it's a bad thing... but this is an internet forum, so you have to expect to be likened to a black-haired emo for that kind of shit.

Baralis
05-11-2008, 04:54
I see nothing wrong with it. Personally I am tired of all of societies illogical taboos. But then again your average person seems to suffer from herd mentality.

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 04:59
I don't think I'm ever ambiguous if you can help it. I was just commenting that the frequency and fervid nature of your demands to being anti-conformist were a little extraordinary. Not that it's a bad thing... but this is an internet forum, so you have to expect to be likened to a black-haired emo for that kind of shit.
You being ambiguous or not wasn't my point :) even though I think you were!

Anyways, I do get your point, but I hope you got what I said behind "This is ambiguous".

Kheiron
05-11-2008, 05:13
I think I can understand your point, but it's really a piss weak reason.

Haven't you ever seen the Lion King?
The circle of life is a constant, you dont need to fuck around with fork and friend to help it along.

Whatever unfortunate atoms and molecules make up you are going to be nicely distributed upon death, and were quite likely part of innumerable plants and animals previously.

If you're going for symbolism, how about something a little more permanent and present. Something you dont have to wait for one of you to die to do. I mean, it's really not going to make much difference to the dead guy, you know?

I suggest you try smuggling drugs. Nothing tests the bonds of friendship like the choice between rolling on your mate or 25 years in prison.

Gloomrender
05-11-2008, 05:53

Even modern Christianity is heavily based on this cannibalistic myth. The Eucharist has the congregation members symbolically eating and drinking the blood and body of Christ - it is no accident that this is ritual cannibalism, and you had better believe it is an echo of when such rites were carried out literally in the ancient past.

It's true. Watch Zeitgeist Part 1.

Cortanya
05-11-2008, 05:57

Whatever happened to that crazy German guy who killed and ate another guy who answered his ad?

Didn't he get off because the victim consented to the act, even cooking and eating his own penis with the German guy?

So there you go, legal precedent to avoid jail time for penile cannibalism.

paade
05-11-2008, 05:58

cant you just have some good old gaysex like the rest of us?

ParasiticFetus
05-11-2008, 05:58
Whatever happened to that crazy German guy who killed and ate another guy who answered his ad?

Didn't he get off because the victim consented to the act, even cooking and eating his own penis with the German guy?

Armen Meiwes. May have spelled the first name wrong, but its something like that.

Xtra-Medium
05-11-2008, 06:16

what............thats the most fucked up thing ever he cooked and ate his own penis? Why the fuck how the fuck could u do that?

viktor-77
05-11-2008, 06:37
i got in fight once I wuz vary durnk. anyways i got him on the ground and bit a little meat off from his shoulder then looket at him and eat it. i think i made every one crap them self. If you are wandering what it tastes like its kinda like snake.

-Havoc-
05-11-2008, 06:44
The Yanomamo did it. Though they would burn the bodies until they were completely black before they'd eat them. These people were literally as afraid of being buried as we would be of being eaten after death. They believed that burial would trap one's spirit inside one's body, which would be the equivalent of Hell in the Judeo-Christian tradition.

In regards to incest, families of nobility and royalty would practice incest in efforts to keep the family name and bloodline pure, such as royal British families, as well as King Tutankhamen (married his sister). As for examples of incest in general, you'd only have to look as far as ancient Egyptian and Greek cultures.

As for cannibalism, its' practice falls under, but not limited to, survival, religious practice, and cultural beliefs. Even the aforementioned three points cover a very broad spectrum in that they are the most influential ones for acts of cannibalism throughout history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibal#Historical_accounts) (the first citing being anthropology related, zomg), as well as the world.

Incest and cannibalism being wrong is not a universal cultural truth. I will concede that in today's modern times, incest and cannibalism are both looked upon as a taboo by the world's majority, but that wasn't always the case. Time changes, and belief-systems change and/or fade away with it.

-edit-

Come to think of it, I can't think of any perceived truth in this world that is universal. Someone try to name a perceived truth that every individual in the world can agree on, past, present, and future.

Dazarthas
05-11-2008, 06:50
Take a cubic centimeter from his penis, why don't you? Fuck, man... :(

Daarco
05-11-2008, 08:25

:lmao:
They did that on Swedish TV last year. It was hilarious.

Thugstyle
05-11-2008, 08:29
It's all good if you it his dick... 'tis all good :sly:

Surly
05-11-2008, 09:00
You being ambiguous or not wasn't my point :) even though I think you were!

Anyways, I do get your point, but I hope you got what I said behind "This is ambiguous".Yeah yeah, you're a moral individualist and all that. Good, free thinkin' it good thinkin'.

Kyur
05-11-2008, 09:12
Um..

When I was 13, me and a girl ate eachother once.. awkward, but sweet.

Hardlinemonk
05-11-2008, 09:22
this thread is awesomeness cannibalism is fucking sick though

EDIT: +1,000 next to my name what is that?

APEist
05-11-2008, 09:46

What are you, some wannabe sociologist?

There are several universal taboos in today's world, buddy. One is father/daughter/mother/son incest and the other is cannibalism.

Nature set those 'rules', not society.

You eat human flesh, you get sick. You reproduce with your closest relatives, you have a good chance at mutations/retardations.

It's nature's way of saying "Don't fucking do it."

PS. Surly's post on the first page is excellent. The OP is naive; thinks he's on the outside looking in.

APEist
05-11-2008, 10:05
I see nothing wrong with it. Personally I am tired of all of societies illogical taboos. But then again your average person seems to suffer from herd mentality.

Yea, the cannibalism taboo is soo illogical.

Hmm, wait...

Nevermind, you're a shithead.

Galadourn
05-11-2008, 10:12
that sounds...creepy

Kheiron
05-11-2008, 11:25
In regards to incest, families of nobility and royalty would practice incest in efforts to keep the family name and bloodline pure, such as royal British families, as well as King Tutankhamen (married his sister). As for examples of incest in general, you'd only have to look as far as ancient Egyptian and Greek cultures.

As for cannibalism, its' practice falls under, but not limited to, survival, religious practice, and cultural beliefs. Even the aforementioned three points cover a very broad spectrum in that they are the most influential ones for acts of cannibalism throughout history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibal#Historical_accounts) (the first citing being anthropology related, zomg), as well as the world.

Incest and cannibalism being wrong is not a universal cultural truth. I will concede that in today's modern times, incest and cannibalism are both looked upon as a taboo by the world's majority, but that wasn't always the case. Time changes, and belief-systems change and/or fade away with it.

-edit-

Come to think of it, I can't think of any perceived truth in this world that is universal. Someone try to name a perceived truth that every individual in the world can agree on, past, present, and future.

Ok...lets see.
Taxes and death are inevitable.

I agree with you though. People should stop mistaking the opinion of the majority for insurmountable fact.

Nexus
05-11-2008, 12:08
The ironic thing being, is that its highly nutritious to eat humans.

Because our flesh is made up of exactly the same things that we need to eat in our diet - which is logical if you think about it.

Lotharr
05-11-2008, 12:11
om nom nom nom

MinusInnocence
05-11-2008, 14:40

So I'm wondering, what do you people think about the above? For the most part I reject artificial social taboos, and find nothing morally wrong with this idea, but I can imagine some of you will think it's sick.I think whoever originally came up with the idea is trying to tell the other person they're gay and in love.

inox
05-11-2008, 14:51
EDIT: +1,000 next to my name what is that?

Congratulations, you get a bronze star!

shnedit
05-11-2008, 15:07

hey, remember the BBQ sauce!

Jinpachi
05-11-2008, 15:08
Thank you to the people who made good replies (or will later). Serious or not, there were a lot ;). I'm saying that because I will be out of internet for a while.

And heres a universal moral fact for you: having sex with your newborn baby is wrong. Sorry for saying that, I just wanted to make it as hard as possible to dispute.

Eating a tiny piece of flesh from a dead friend who consented on the other hand, is not.

Kheiron
05-11-2008, 15:14
I think whoever originally came up with the idea is trying to tell the other person they're gay and in love.

Yeah, pick the misunderstood remark that led to Jins thread.

"I want to eat you"
or
"I want to feel you inside me"

Rotten_Pieces
05-11-2008, 17:05
friends....the other other white meat.

chimp
05-11-2008, 18:06

Youve just failed biology, lol.

Actually its probably a taboo because of the transmission of disease. I mean you were joking with this right? :P

Khumash-Gor
05-11-2008, 18:16
well mentally you would always have a part of him in you [lame sexual joke] lol
i dont see anything wrong with eating a dead person

live fast die young get ate

-Havoc-
05-11-2008, 18:37
This thread reminds me of that Family Guy episode where Meg tricked Brian into eating a pie with her hair in it. Lol...

Atoyota
05-11-2008, 18:43
You know i would not eat human flesh, but I would consider having part of my friends remains grafted or used on/in my body if possible.

If you take a look here i think you will get the idea http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Atoyota/utterly.jpg

Ftang
05-11-2008, 18:44
You know i would not eat human flesh, but I would consider having part of my friends remains grafted or used on/in my body if possible.

If you take a look here i think you will get the idea http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Atoyota/utterly.jpg
how comes your only friends are bovine?

Atoyota
05-11-2008, 18:45
how comes your only friends are bovine?

not quite what i was going for.... /fail

APEist
05-11-2008, 18:52
The ironic thing being, is that its highly nutritious to eat humans.

Because our flesh is made up of exactly the same things that we need to eat in our diet - which is logical if you think about it.

Wrong. You thought about it for 5 seconds and said "eh, seems logical, I'll just throw it out there like a dumbfuck." Basically, you pulled it straight out of your ass.

It is not nutritious to eat human flesh, and you have no understanding of how our body processes and utilizes it's necessary nutrients.

Cows that eat feed made of other cows are susceptible to numerous mental and physical illnesses, the most publicized of which is Mad Cow Disease.

'Oh, but a cow eating another cow should provide everything the cow needs to live, shouldn't it?'

No, dumbass. When food is processed in the stomach the nutrients are 'packaged', so to speak, in order to be of use to muscles and and various organs. After this processing/packaging, the nutriets are distributed.

So, when you eat another humans flesh, you are consuming the processed/packaged nutrients, which guess what, CAN'T BE PROCESSED AGAIN (correctly). Thus, it is, as a matter of fact, unhealthly to consume your brethren.

Anyways, back to the original point- you're a dumbass.

Baralis
05-11-2008, 20:30
People have been practicing canibalism for thousands of years. Is there drawbacks? certainly. But as with most of the foods across the world there are negative affects.

Am I saying that we should all run out and eat our neighbors? No! But I believe that is has become more of a moral issue in modern society rather than a health issue. Any morally I have no problem with canabalism.

Someone
05-11-2008, 22:02
And heres a universal moral fact for you: having sex with your newborn baby is wrong. Sorry for saying that, I just wanted to make it as hard as possible to dispute.

Well that depends a bit on how you do it, it can be more or less wrong. I mean knocking a hole in the top of the babys skull and getting on with the hole is more wrong that just jacking off and jizzing all over your newborn baby.

Surly
05-11-2008, 23:50
Thank you to the people who made good replies (or will later). Serious or not, there were a lot ;). I'm saying that because I will be out of internet for a while.

Eating a tiny piece of flesh from a dead friend who consented on the other hand, is not.
I thought you were a moral individualist, but you sound more like a moral absolutist with unorthodox views now!

Xtra-Medium
05-11-2008, 23:56
I don't see anything really wrong with it. But i would rather do something like tattoo there name on me.

Lorthral
05-11-2008, 23:58
Congratulations! You have just convinced me that you need help badly!

Agge
05-11-2008, 23:59
No big deal. I'd say, if it keeps your friend in your memories, it's even a nice thing to do.

Don't see the problem realy.

I mean, people follow a religion that involves canabalism anyways, what was it called... oh christianity thats right, gl hf eating jesus or w/e.

Someone
05-12-2008, 00:11
No big deal. I'd say, if it keeps your friend in your memories, it's even a nice thing to do.

I mean, people follow a religion that involves canabalism anyways, what was it called... oh christianity thats right, gl hf eating jesus or w/e.

Jesus tastes pretty crappy, and they don't give you enough of his blood for things to start getting funny. If they want my active participation they will have to come up with better stuff to eat.

-Havoc-
05-12-2008, 00:13

Pure pwnage.

alphawolf
05-12-2008, 04:14
OP is a fucking idiot. End thread.

Mippoose
05-12-2008, 04:38
That's fuckin nasty.

Cannibal.

Haart Maystorm
05-12-2008, 04:45
It puts the lotion on its skin..

Acrylic_300
05-12-2008, 04:57
Why don't you just suck each other off and swallow...then no one has to die.

katahlyn
05-12-2008, 07:20

And here I was thinking it was about licking/sucking, but noooo, it had to be about cannibalism.

MandorRook
05-12-2008, 07:58
Wrong. You thought about it for 5 seconds and said "eh, seems logical, I'll just throw it out there like a dumbfuck." Basically, you pulled it straight out of your ass.

It is not nutritious to eat human flesh, and you have no understanding of how our body processes and utilizes it's necessary nutrients.

Cows that eat feed made of other cows are susceptible to numerous mental and physical illnesses, the most publicized of which is Mad Cow Disease.

'Oh, but a cow eating another cow should provide everything the cow needs to live, shouldn't it?'

No, dumbass. When food is processed in the stomach the nutrients are 'packaged', so to speak, in order to be of use to muscles and and various organs. After this processing/packaging, the nutriets are distributed.

So, when you eat another humans flesh, you are consuming the processed/packaged nutrients, which guess what, CAN'T BE PROCESSED AGAIN (correctly). Thus, it is, as a matter of fact, unhealthly to consume your brethren.

Anyways, back to the original point- you're a dumbass.

Actually from a strictly biological point of view cannibalism is the most efficient form of feeding because it takes the least amount of energy to turn human flesh into the building blocks we need. If you take the 2 minutes needed to google it you'll see that Nexus is correct. However, you need to read the sites done by unbiased scientists, not the sites done by religious zealots.

That being said, millions of humans perform cannibalism every year when they receive blood intravenously. Your body consumes the blood of others when you get a transfusion.

And since Cannibalism is not illegal as long as the material being consumed is not obtained illegally I would like to say that I am eager to see this in a future Fear Factor challenge.

Surly
05-12-2008, 08:01
I wonder what would happen if I ate a dog. I mean, just tackled some stray dog and started eating it on the side of the road.

Lejar
05-12-2008, 08:06
I wonder what would happen if I ate a dog. I mean, just tackled some stray dog and started eating it on the side of the road.

If I saw you I'd stop on the side of the road, take out some mustard and join in!

MandorRook
05-12-2008, 08:10

Eating it alive would be animal abuse in most of the U.S. However there are circumstances where eating live animals is not illegal. College hazing where goldfish are swallowed alive and whole for example. Eating insects alive would not get you arrested in most cases. Or if you are a Klingon you eat Gagh alive, not because it is tastier that way, but because it puts up a fight. But if you cause pain in the consumption of anything that has fur and/or can be kept as a pet you'll have the P.E.T.A. patrol protesting on your doorstep and calling for your arrest.

Curcio
05-12-2008, 08:11
I would do it. Want to be my friend? I have always wanted to know what a cooked humanflesh steak tasted like.

MandorRook
05-12-2008, 08:16
I would do it. Want to be my friend? I have always wanted to know what a cooked humanflesh steak tasted like.

Tastes like chicken.

Lejar
05-12-2008, 08:26
Tastes like chicken.

I was under the impression that it tasted like horse. And I've been told that the tastiest part is the muscles around your thumb... :p

Surly
05-12-2008, 08:28
If I saw you I'd stop on the side of the road, take out some mustard and join in!High five!

Nergal
05-12-2008, 08:35
I don't see any reason to waste a perfectly good bag of meat if it's already dead. It's hardly going to be used otherwise.

Oh, and heres a tip for ya Surly: make sure to thrash the shit out of the dog so its really stressed when it dies, apparently it makes the meat taste better.. or so they say in Korea.

MandorRook
05-12-2008, 08:42
Oh, and heres a tip for ya Surly: make sure to thrash the shit out of the dog so its really stressed when it dies, apparently it makes the meat taste better.. or so they say in Korea.

Endorphins must be the key ingredient.

Nergal
05-12-2008, 08:57
Endorphins must be the key ingredient.

I think it's to do with making he muscles firm.

APEist
05-12-2008, 09:24
Actually from a strictly biological point of view cannibalism is the most efficient form of feeding because it takes the least amount of energy to turn human flesh into the building blocks we need. If you take the 2 minutes needed to google it you'll see that Nexus is correct. However, you need to read the sites done by unbiased scientists, not the sites done by religious zealots.

That being said, millions of humans perform cannibalism every year when they receive blood intravenously. Your body consumes the blood of others when you get a transfusion.

And since Cannibalism is not illegal as long as the material being consumed is not obtained illegally I would like to say that I am eager to see this in a future Fear Factor challenge.

Oh really, dumbass?

Search 'cannibalism health' or 'cannibalism health effects' with google. Pretty fucking straight-forward search parameters, if you ask me.

Now, besides the primitive Chinese fuck-ups who made the first page because they think that eating fetuses with placenta fucking soup is good for your health, list off the number of articles stating cannibalism is healthy.

In fact, the only benifit, if you go and read through the articles, is that our ancestors eating eachother developed a fairly strong immunity vs. certain pathogens for us.

The rest is about how cannibalism causes various diseases (resulting in epidemics in endo-cannibalistic tribes) and how it inhibits mental and physical development because of the lack of usable nutrients obtained from the act.

And the grand majority of the sites you'll find in the first few pages are not religious.

So, anyways- you're wrong.

MandorRook
05-12-2008, 09:42
Oh really, dumbass?

Search 'cannibalism health' or 'cannibalism health effects' with google. Pretty fucking straight-forward search parameters, if you ask me.

Now, besides the primitive Chinese fuck-ups who made the first page because they think that eating fetuses with placenta fucking soup is good for your health, list off the number of articles stating cannibalism is healthy.

In fact, the only benifit, if you go and read through the articles, is that our ancestors eating eachother developed a fairly strong immunity vs. certain pathogens for us.

The rest is about how cannibalism causes various diseases (resulting in epidemics in endo-cannibalistic tribes) and how it inhibits mental and physical development because of the lack of usable nutrients obtained from the act.

And the grand majority of the sites you'll find in the first few pages are not religious.

So, anyways- you're wrong.

Cannibalism doesn't cause those diseases they are passed on through cannibalism. In the same way eating pork was taboo in ancient times because disease was easily transmitted that way. You eat diseased meat you risk getting that disease. You eat a healthy human and you are getting the benefit of consuming a product very close to the end product you want to make it. Humans are not an unrecycleable product. If you eat human flesh you will turn it into materials your body uses, most of it will not need to be changed much at all. Do you think that blood transfusions create disease? They don't. They can pass them on if the blood is diseased to begin with, but they do not create it. Millions of people every year get blood transfusions which is cannibalism. The blood and the nutrients in the blood are consumed by the body.

Wedge
05-12-2008, 09:49
Soylent Green is PEOPLE!

Thugstyle
05-12-2008, 10:12
i got in fight once I wuz vary durnk. anyways i got him on the ground and bit a little meat off from his shoulder then looket at him and eat it. i think i made every one crap them self. If you are wandering what it tastes like its kinda like snake.

Obvious Troll is Obvious.

Hecubis
05-12-2008, 21:31

Humans are omnivores, just like most primates including our closest relatives - the Chimpanzees. In fact, Chimpanzees aren't just omnivores, but they routinely cannibalize members of other Chimp tribes when they kill them in turf wars.

The fact that Cannibalism is rare in our species is due entirely to moral and religious reasons, and has fuck all to do with biology.

Helgeran
05-12-2008, 22:41
Unless he has kuru or some other prion disease I say fucking go for it. Even if he does, go for it anyway since it takes some 20 years for those fuckers to hit you anyway and you'll hopefully be old when he dies.

Damwa
05-12-2008, 23:09

If I were a Freudian, I would say that this is some bizarre expression of repressed homo eroticism.

- "When I die.... will you please eat me?"
- "There is nothing I would love more than to a have a small piece of you living on inside of me; you are my best friend *ever*"

Fortunately, I am not. :sly:

IcePillow
05-18-2008, 13:19
Drink his blood instead :D
I think it's easier

MattMystrieo
05-18-2008, 14:15
This is extra funny because I have Chesney Hawks "I am the one and only" playing.

Ohh and btw you a fucking nut.

Littlee
05-18-2008, 14:45
wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf? you are gonna eat ur friend when u die? imagine his dead body(you know what i mean if u watch some CIA miami shows whre there are flys everwhere)

Killuminati
05-18-2008, 14:58
wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf? you are gonna eat ur friend when u die? imagine his dead body(you know what i mean if u watch some CIA miami shows whre there are flys everwhere)

LOL

Oo_
05-18-2008, 17:21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571

Here's one example of cannibalism from modern times, done by people of western culture. And it was widely considered acceptable afaik.

As to why it is such a taboo.. I guess it's hard to form any kind of social bonds with your fellow man, if he thinks of you as a potential meal :P

Spinewire
05-18-2008, 18:24
I bite my girl friends ass does that count?

Yakamoz
05-18-2008, 18:26
Salt ?

Rhailith
05-18-2008, 21:29
When a good friend of mine died a couple buddies and I got a bit of his cremated body and mixed it in with some pot before smoking it. That was ok. Cannibalism I'm not so sure about.

Damwa
05-18-2008, 21:45
I bite my girl friends ass does that count?

Only if you bite it off.

Shaehl
05-18-2008, 21:57
Guys, you're all missing the real issue at hand here. It's not a question of is cannibalism right or wrong, it's a question of why is this blatant homo on my internets?!

He wants his male friend inside him? He wants to eat him? He wants to squeeze him out of his anus?! Heretic, burn!

Damwa
05-18-2008, 23:31
If I were a Freudian, I would say that this is some bizarre expression of repressed homo eroticism.

- "When I die.... will you please eat me?"
- "There is nothing I would love more than to a have a small piece of you living on inside of me; you are my best friend *ever*"

Fortunately, I am not. :sly:

Guys, you're all missing the real issue at hand here. It's not a question of is cannibalism right or wrong, it's a question of why is this blatant homo on my internets?!

He wants his male friend inside him? He wants to eat him? He wants to squeeze him out of his anus?! Heretic, burn!

This is Forumfall; we miss *nothing*!

Kheiron
05-19-2008, 00:17
Yeah, pick the misunderstood remark that led to Jins thread.

"I want to eat you"
or
"I want to feel you inside me"

Yeah, but we sure do repeat ourselves a lot.

Damwa
05-19-2008, 00:27
Yeah, but we sure do repeat ourselves a lot.

One coat is never enough for a flawless finish.

finalproduct
05-19-2008, 01:23
Okay, if you're going to eat a bit of your friend and it's raw... I think you're a sick fuck.

If you cook it... Then that's actually pretty neato.

Porthios
05-19-2008, 03:09

I couldn't give two shits about whether or not you ate each other. But your stated reasoning for doing so (and I believe you're doing it for other reasons than what you stated, i.e. trying to be unique) is silly. We know how the digestive system works. If you eat your friend, he'll become no more a part of you as a cow does when you eat part of it.

Evolutionarily, I can see why animals don't eat each other. You eat your kin, and your group dies, and you eventually die. And just because some modern day animals don't depend on groups doesn't mean that their evolutionary ancestors didn't sometime in the past. So it's simply possible that our aversion to cannibalism is simply a byproduct of group behavioral traits that anciently aided animals in their survival.

Why not eat things after they die of natural causes? Because natural causes often involve virulent diseases. And without the proper detection tools, a dumb animal doesn't really know if their tasy treat is going to have an Ebola surprise inside.

Oh, and if he dies of AIDS, you should DEFINITELY eat him! Yeah!

Porthios
05-19-2008, 03:53
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/sharkland/cannibalism.html

Animals usually avoid cannibalism, but not because of any ethical or moral imperative; although consuming the flesh of one's species mates offers a useful source of nutrients, it is also likely to contribute to the spread of pathogens, and, therefore disease.

God I love being right.

And...

However, a number of studies over the past decade have revealed that cannibalism is surprisingly widespread across the animal kingdom.

Rokolith
05-19-2008, 04:44
I don't get how its cool or shows commitment. If you want to honor your friend's memory or have a part of him with you, get an urn with some of his ashes and put it on a shelf somewhere or something. If you ate him it seems kind of dumb.

Especially if he tasted really bad, that would make you think bad of your friend forever.

omnigol
05-19-2008, 04:53
This will never happen. You think you'll sneak into the morgue and cut out a chunk and hope no one notices? Why don't you guys try this on some real dead people so you prove to each other that you *can* do it, so that you guys can make this wonderful commitment to each other.

Drool111
05-19-2008, 06:43
Don't be a sick fuck and eat another human being. What if he died by some horrible sick arse disease and you eat him and get ill and die too? But that's not the point. Don't.. just don't.. eat another human being dead or alive, well.. Yeah whatever.

Dredread
05-19-2008, 07:03
Awesome idea, I love it... I want to make sure if I ever have kids, in my will (in order for them to get anything from me) they will have to eat a small part of me.. Thank you for sharing this idea, I love it!

EDIT:

Don't be a sick fuck and eat another human being. What if he died by some horrible sick arse disease and you eat him and get ill and die too? But that's not the point. Don't.. just don't.. eat another human being dead or alive, well.. Yeah whatever.

lol, go die; I'll eat you...

Kheiron
05-19-2008, 07:19
Personally, I'd go with the 'finger bone on a necklace' plan. That way you have some actual proof of your commitment to show, and gross out, other people.

Actually...isn't there some crazy bitch in like Norway or something that makes jewelry from human bones?
Get her to make you something nice from his pelvis, or something. Maybe a hat, a pelvic hat.

Zharn
05-19-2008, 11:50
you can burn your friends corpse and then smoke the ashes.

thats hardcore.

Xinnro
05-19-2008, 14:07
Make a bong out of his finger...

or better yet, make a bong out of his penis...

Kheiron
05-19-2008, 14:13
tan his sack and make a wallet.

Jinpachi
05-24-2008, 07:14
Being lazy and all, I'm just going to post some shit without quoting anyone and without reading everything.

Yes, there is a lot of things one could to do show commitment to a friend. It's all symbolism. This thing is too, and it beats a lot of other things. And why the fuck not? Being lucky in having a very functional brain and all, and of course a great mind, I don't give a fucking shit what you conservative fucking assholes think about morals, you have none. You were thought some stupid shit by your dumbass parents and religion, but you forgot to think for yourselves. There is so much I could say about this, I'm not going to.

On the other hand, one could argue eating ones own species is fundamentally wrong. I disagree however. That sounds a lot like patriotism. It sounds like "God" bless America. I want to eat America. Not because I like it, I dont, but because I want to eat it, like my cat wants to eat ticks leeching his blood, and does, and because the ticks suck, like the rest of the world. That is a digression of course, pardon me. My friend, however, I'm going to eat a tiny piece of him if I get a chance. Because of the symbolism it involves for him and me. Because I like him more than anyone else. Who is to say that is wrong? WHO THE FUCK IS TO SAY THAT IS WRONG?

For the disease dumbasses, I would of course not try this if he died of an infectious disease. Goddamnit you people suck. And for the guy who proposed making a wallet out of his sack, bless you. I would protect that sack like my own.

omnigol
05-24-2008, 08:16
This will never happen. You think you'll sneak into the morgue and cut out a chunk and hope no one notices? Why don't you guys try this on some real dead people so you prove to each other that you *can* do it, so that you guys can make this wonderful commitment to each other.
Braaaains

Weeking
05-24-2008, 10:45
Friends don't let friends eat friends.

Zwarp
05-24-2008, 10:48
You could make clothes out of your friend's skin, for when you feel lonely.
At least it would keep you warm, and you would appear to be nude, but you wouldn't be ! HOW COOL IS THAT !!

Weeking
05-24-2008, 10:50
You could make clothes out of your friend's skin, for when you feel lonely.
At least it would keep you warm, and you would appear to be nude, but you wouldn't be ! HOW COOL IS THAT !!

Or you could eat the skin. Just make it crisp, and skin is mighty tasty.

Zwarp
05-24-2008, 10:52
Or you could eat the skin. Just make it crisp, and skin is mighty tasty.
Yeah but no, because it would disappear once eaten, whereas the skin clothes are permanent, and can be used in order to pretend to be someone else.

Weeking
05-24-2008, 10:54
Yeah but no, because it would disappear once eaten, whereas the skin clothes are permanent, and can be used in order to pretend to be someone else.

Permanent? They'd rot unless you prepare it and make it leathery.

Zwarp
05-24-2008, 10:55
Permanent? They'd rot unless you prepare it and make it leathery.

Yeah of course, you would have to hire a tanner

Zokten
05-24-2008, 11:13
Yeah of course, you would have to hire a tanner

One that doesn't question that it's human skin right?

Weeking
05-24-2008, 11:26
One that doesn't question that it's human skin right?

You could do it yourself if you have a farm or something like that as people would be curios if they saw you doing it and likely could smell it form far away. i saw it being done to goat's skin on discovery channel once.

sawyerj66
05-24-2008, 15:30
Why wait until he's dead?

Take a chomp out of his arm the next time you see him. Sicko.

Gaal
05-24-2008, 15:59
This thread is loltastic.

Senti
05-24-2008, 16:03
Brb, I need to be sick.

Jinpachi
06-26-2008, 15:56
I was drunk and stoned while writing my latest reply. With that in mind, have some empathy and excuse my angry tone please :D

When I get a chance to do it without normal people looking over my shoulder, I'm going to write something very lengthy that I guarantee will give your brain a lot of activity of some sort. I'm hereby attempting to hype my next return to this thread.

akrippler
06-26-2008, 16:11
Only if its part of his brain.

Slaker
06-26-2008, 16:13
You should do something like this guy (http://www.pcchatshow.com/articles/showarticle.php?ArticleID=301)!

If you do, you will be my new hero.

Uzik
06-26-2008, 16:29
Just have buttseks with your friend.

Then a little bit of you will be inside him ; )

Slaker
06-26-2008, 16:29
Just have buttseks with your friend.

Then a little bit of you will be inside him ; )

Why you always give out easy solution. Damn you.

Jinpachi
06-27-2008, 02:54
Oh and I for some reason feel obliged to give a little clause or wtf it's called in English: If I kill myself or something I most certainly won't return :) blabla

Nefastus
06-27-2008, 03:09

This thread has been forwarded to FBI. Expect men in black suites and some in white with a patted truck at your door soon. Nutcase. Did you eat your relatives when they died too? By a chance are you part of that Grail Movement Cult?

Milo Hobgoblin
06-27-2008, 03:19

has it occurred to you that while a tiny fraction of you may become part of him, a much larger percentage will just turn to shit?

just sayin..