PDA

View Full Version : Get MAD

stalwart
04-30-2008, 07:02
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8513763692488955727&q=network&ei=ZAgYSMjqAoGqrQKO4Yj6Bw

old video. (30 years).

seriously though. i'm starting to believe in the 2012 prophecies if we don't stand up for our rights.

jordanleroux
04-30-2008, 07:06
I enjoyed the movie, proves a valid point to a greater extent in our current era compared to when it was created.

And yes, we are fucked.

losinglife
04-30-2008, 07:06
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8513763692488955727&q=network&ei=ZAgYSMjqAoGqrQKO4Yj6Bw

that movie was damn good

stalwart
04-30-2008, 07:07
yes it is.

stalwart
04-30-2008, 08:26
put this together after reading for a bit... no idea of whether it's all true or not, didn't spend the time to go and verify. it seemed good enough, and even then, it doesn't matter. that's not what matters.

Housing crisis! War in Iraq! War in Afghanistan! War in Iran! 200 dollar oil, 5 dollar gas, rice shortages, eggs - doubling in price, predatory student loans, the Patriot Act, the list goes on forever. No need for warrants, no need for permission, who we can hire, who we can fire, what identification I need to be carrying around with me, where I can exercise my rights, where I can speek freely, when I can get due process.

All of those things and much more are SHOVED into my face everywhere I go with billion dollar ad budgets. Politicians with promises that everyone seems to know they can't keep. Bills that our government can't pay without mortaging our future - and even THEN can't pay them.

And all the while we've become more and more complacent. Even now you're thinking "Who is this nutjob screaming from over there?" Or "He's dillusional!" Or even worse, you're thinking, "Let's get out of here before the police show up!" Does that statement ring a bell?

Do you feel safer when there are police around? Or are you like me and think, "OH, I'd better be on my best behavior?" The United States puts as many people in prison as any self respecting communist or facist government. Does that make you feel safer at night?

Do you just want me to shut up, so you can go to class and learn more, or to your dorm or house or apartment and study? Do you want me to let you get back to work so you can pay next month's bills? Just leave me alone where I am! Just let me be at peace! Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to stand up and start thinking. I want you to really think about what's going on around us. I want you to reject what you've been given and demand more. The United States dreamt of becoming the closest to a free society since the dawn of time. Whatever happened to that? Are we going to let it slip away in the name of security?

The nice thing is I don't need to stand here and come up with great speeches. Everything I want to say has been said. It's just out there waiting for you to remember. And if you refuse to remember, I'll remind you, as many times as it takes. "Give me liberty or give me death!" "He who gives up freedom for security, loses both!" And for God's sake, don't forget our Texan ancestors, "Don't tread on me!" or "COME AND TAKE IT"

I want you to stand up and get mad. I want you to take a firm grip of yourself or the person next to you and tell them that you're MAD. "Damn it to hell! I'm MAD, and I REFUSE to accept what's being given to me!"

I wouldn't propose to tell you to call your senator or write your representative. It's too late to go register to vote. That option passed a long time ago. I wouldn't even be able to tell you what to say or what to write, so it doesn't even matter.

I don't want you to do anything right now except STOP AND GET MAD. This is the first step!

REFUSE WHAT'S BEING OFFEREND AND DEMAND MORE.

take what you want from it or don't.

Curcio
04-30-2008, 08:49
What is the name of the movie? Network? Made in the 90's?

stalwart
04-30-2008, 08:52

stalwart
04-30-2008, 18:03
what, the rants in this thread don't deliver? /mad.

Indah
04-30-2008, 21:48
Sadly, noone will give a shit about it till we are all shackled, wheres my gun?

Jezrith
04-30-2008, 21:56
what, the rants in this thread don't deliver? /mad.

I'm a human being, GODDAMNIT!

Brings a tear to my every time I hear it....

Damwa
05-01-2008, 00:41
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We are all fucked, it is all going to hell bla bla bla.

It is not so much the case that this is not true, it is rather the often neglected point that we have always been fucked and on the way to hell, and right now it has rarely ever been better, and anyone who thinks otherwise has a sadly narrow and shortsighted view of history.

...IMHO :cool:

Lieal
05-01-2008, 00:47
I read the thread title and thought it might be about this (http://kotaku.com/5007372/madd-demands-ao-rating-for-gta-iv).

Atoyota
05-01-2008, 00:48

old video. (30 years).

seriously though. i'm starting to believe in the 2012 prophecies if we don't stand up for our rights.

This link is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI
At least as a followup...
And yeah I saw this movie in the theatres when it first came out. Good flic :)

And an added treat :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exsEEEVpLsI

stalwart
05-01-2008, 01:01
This link is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI
At least as a followup...
And yeah I saw this movie in the theatres when it first came out. Good flic :)

And an added treat :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exsEEEVpLsI

haha. yea. the whole fucking movie is badass. from beginning to end.

Krylas
05-01-2008, 01:33
2012 is the year i graduate high school.

stalwart
05-01-2008, 01:35

sucks that it has to be the last year before we move to the noosphere.

Krylas
05-01-2008, 01:41
sucks that it has to be the last year before we move to the noosphere.

Well I plan to be the ruler of some country obscure country by then, so maybe I'll be ok.

losinglife
05-01-2008, 04:47
I read the thread title and thought it might be about this (http://kotaku.com/5007372/madd-demands-ao-rating-for-gta-iv).

hahah i just read that on gamespot. Fuckin gaaaaaaaaaay

Vaisnt
05-01-2008, 04:55

old video. (30 years).

To party?

stalwart
05-01-2008, 07:43
good idea.

either way. GET FUCKING MAD ALREADY.

Yellow Dwarf
05-21-2008, 00:03

I have pity on ur soul...

Ragnika
05-21-2008, 00:38
put this together after reading for a bit... no idea of whether it's all true or not, didn't spend the time to go and verify. it seemed good enough, and even then, it doesn't matter. that's not what matters.

take what you want from it or don't.

That quoted part is fucking awesome!

finalproduct
05-21-2008, 00:40
How absolutely American of all of you. "I know we're all screwed, I'll do something about it after I finish bitching."

Posting on an forum on the internet won't get shit done. We need protests and riots, violent uprising against our government to demand what we want. Don't like the War in Iraq? Get organized! Don't like the blatant fact that our government is owned by big businesses? Get organized! Rallying and getting organized is so much easier with the internet now. America has been made much too docile, though. "The next President will take care of all this, I'm sure of it." This is the logic we've been going under.

We need change, damn it. Come July 25th 2009, I'm going to help our nation change.

stalwart
06-02-2008, 19:47
That quoted part is fucking awesome!

heh, thx.

How absolutely American of all of you. "I know we're all screwed, I'll do something about it after I finish bitching."

Posting on an forum on the internet won't get shit done. We need protests and riots, violent uprising against our government to demand what we want. Don't like the War in Iraq? Get organized! Don't like the blatant fact that our government is owned by big businesses? Get organized! Rallying and getting organized is so much easier with the internet now. America has been made much too docile, though. "The next President will take care of all this, I'm sure of it." This is the logic we've been going under.

We need change, damn it. Come July 25th 2009, I'm going to help our nation change.

nah, i'm going to city council meetings and actively taking part of the republican party around here. RPers have completely taken over a couple state conventions.

this is the new america. get on board or get left behind. we're riding the freedom train!

heh. cheesy. shit. but it's true.

Kaorn
06-02-2008, 20:00
I'm mad as hell, I'm not going to take it anymore.

stalwart
06-02-2008, 20:49
I'm mad as hell, I'm not going to take it anymore.
yay, another one. except you have a period at the end. should be an exclamation point.

Kaorn
06-03-2008, 02:16
yay, another one. except you have a period at the end. should be an exclamation point.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Camelmix
06-03-2008, 02:29
There was never an actual prediction by the mayans saying 2012 is the end of the world. It was actually a prediction saying there will be a change in the world as it enters its 13th cycle. I will post the link I found later when I am on my computer.

stalwart
06-03-2008, 02:50
There was never an actual prediction by the mayans saying 2012 is the end of the world. It was actually a prediction saying there will be a change in the world as it enters its 13th cycle. I will post the link I found later when I am on my computer.

the 13th astrological age that has been recorded (the age of aquarius) starts around 2600. the hindi religion says there have been 11 ages in the past, and this is our 12th. i think. throwing this off the cuff here though.

I think the mayan starts over on december 21 2012 at 11:11 am GST. it doesn't end, but it's like an odomoter that restarts at 00000 the mile after 99999. Y2K part 2, imo. we're fucked.

Bravot
06-03-2008, 02:59
Y2K part 2, imo. we're fucked.

Shit, I better update Windows.

stalwart
06-03-2008, 03:00
we REALLY shouldn't have fired all the COBOL programmers in the world. GOGO UPDATE SERVERS.

also, carry on. please continue getting mad!

also, someone else write their own "get mad rants"

Camelmix
06-03-2008, 03:16
the 13th astrological age that has been recorded (the age of aquarius) starts around 2600. the hindi religion says there have been 11 ages in the past, and this is our 12th. i think. throwing this off the cuff here though.

I think the mayan starts over on december 21 2012 at 11:11 am GST. it doesn't end, but it's like an odomoter that restarts at 00000 the mile after 99999. Y2K part 2, imo. we're fucked.

fack... then how is it a bad thing if the odomoter of the calander starts over? It raises the resale value.

Krylas
06-03-2008, 05:18
It's alive!

Killuminati
06-03-2008, 05:21
Network was a good movie.

Chanceonfire
06-04-2008, 20:36
Would someone please tell me what the 2012 deal is? At first i thought it was the meteor thing that was on the History channel but then i remembered that in 2012 is when it misses and it comes back to hit us in 2036. Is it the Mayan callender thing? I don't really understand what that is though. Someone please explain

Agge
06-04-2008, 20:42
This seems like something that could be behind the very creation of what we here has come to known as Surly.