PDA

View Full Version : Penumbra: Overture

-DarkRaver-
03-31-2007, 08:43
Its finally here!

Scary? Too scary =( But awfully intruiging!

For those of you not familiar with the game its an adventure/horror survivor game from last years Tech Demo from just a couple college dudes in their basement.

Id recommend buying the first episode as these guys really deserve it!

http://www.penumbra-overture.com/

rKos
03-31-2007, 09:27
Nice. Doesent look all that amazing but it looks like it could be interesting and involving to play.

Osirus
03-31-2007, 17:56
looks interesting enough ... I like games that exercise a brain's right to use common sense in uncommon situations.

Helgeran
03-31-2007, 18:58
Looks awesome and quite Lovecraftian.

Leonon
03-31-2007, 21:47
I played the tech demo, unless they changed the playstyle I discovered something that ruins the atmos-fear. In the tech demo the things that can hurt you are few and far between. And even those can only hurt you if you stand still, bend over, and let them.Though they may have fixed that since then, it was just a tech demo.

-DarkRaver-
03-31-2007, 21:57
I played the tech demo, unless they changed the playstyle I discovered something that ruins the atmos-fear. In the tech demo the things that can hurt you are few and far between. And even those can only hurt you if you stand still, bend over, and let them.Though they may have fixed that since then, it was just a tech demo.

thats part of what made it so suspense. not knowing if something was going to come up around the corner, or if the sounds you heard were just in the dudes head. that and the awesome gameplay and feel of it all.

the actual game however seems to be a bit more action oriented. if only in the slightest

Aragoni
07-01-2008, 20:10
I'm sorry that I'm necroing this old thread but I did it instead of creating a new one.

Anyway, I got the game a few hours ago and I feel something that I've never felt since the Cradle part in Theif: Deadly Shadows, fear.
I enjoy it and I recommend it to everyone that enjoys puzzles and horror. :)

Xinnro
07-01-2008, 20:21
Weird.. I JUST installed the game and someone bumped this thread...

Didn't the third episode come out?

And yea..I was playing last night with lights turned off alone in my house.. and I have to say, it was quite creepy.

Aragoni
07-01-2008, 20:23
Didn't the third episode come out?

Requiem? I don't think it's released yet but it should be this year.
Gonna play this through and buy Black Plague afterwards. :)

Edit: and holy crap, you can really see the H.P. Lovecraft influences :D

Xinnro
07-01-2008, 20:26
Site I was looking at said Requiem was going to be released 7/01/08..yet..another is saying it will be releasing 8/27/08..so who knows.

I need to finish the first two episodes anywho.

Daccus
07-01-2008, 20:55
I played through Overture and Black Plague, they're actually good games with a good story, something that's pretty hard to find lately.