PDA

View Full Version : Obama Is The Ronald Reagan of Today

StrawberryClock
01-31-2012, 05:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgeV2mzWfRI&feature=related

Ronald Reagan states that taxes on the rich should be raised. He stated a strong case for progressive taxation, appealing to the "wealth-redistribution". Further Reagan just bashed materialism, excess hoarding and the inequality of wealth.

Obama says the same things. Both appeal to the young conservative crowd.

Both are appealing to some notion of "economic future" via creating jobs by further spending.

And both are rightly the same in fiscal poicy. Reagan increased the protectionist policies, Obama slowed down its dismantle. Reagan initiated a massive surge in spending, lifting the economy out of stagflation. Obama is attempting the same, and has been met with some success.

With that said, did the left move right? I would say it did.

But, this begs a question. Is there any real difference among left and right? I mean, both differ so marginally.

Apex Vertigo
01-31-2012, 05:08

Ronald Reagan states that taxes on the rich should be raised. He stated a strong case for progressive taxation, appealing to the "wealth-redistribution". Further Reagan just bashed materialism, excess hoarding and the inequality of wealth.

Both are appealing to some notion of "economic future" via creating jobs by further spending.

And both are rightly the same in fiscal poicy. Reagan increased the protectionist policies, Obama slowed down its dismantle. Reagan initiated a massive surge in spending, lifting the economy out of stagflation. Obama is attempting the same, and has been met with some success.

But, this begs a question. Is there any real difference among left and right? I mean, both differ so marginally.

How does Obama appeal to "young conservatives" ?

StrawberryClock
01-31-2012, 05:09
How does Obama appeal to "young conservatives" ?

Typo.

Bissen
01-31-2012, 05:18
You're right. Both of them didn't serve the people.

Marilio
01-31-2012, 05:30

In this country the left is still on the right side of the spectrum, really.

But, Reagan proposed a redistribution of wealth by cutting taxes for the rich, so that the wealth would "trickle down" to the poor, which is absurd, and as we all can appreciate for the last 20 years, has only made the rich richer and place all the tax burden on the bottom 85% of the population.

Before Reagan, the aggregate income of the United States was growing. The bottom 20% of the population had their income grow by 10-15%, the bottom 50% around 16%-20%, I forget hjow the bottom 80%, and the top 10% saw their income increase by 30-40%. Those were the good times, some would argue.

Reagan leaves office and, if my memory serves me right from the Dollars and Sense data, the bottom 30% saw their income DECREASE by 6-8%, while the top 20% saw their income INCREASE by 30-40%. Now, his tax cuts did what they were supposed to, make the richest percentile of the American population have more disposable income, which they didn't use, and the rest, that could be cataloged as investment, didn't particularly reach the rest of the population in terms of jobs.

You factor in the fact that the rest of the world caught on education and investment opportunities, and the lack of company-to-worker effective communication and settlement (see Germany for an inverse example), investments shifted to the "third world countries" where they would get the same or better productivity from human capital at a lesser cost. So, in effect, by loosening expenditure on keeping America a pioneer in education and manufacturing, he opened the door to invest in foreign lands, which resulted in the bitchfuckfest we have today. Plus, only spending stupid amounts of Federal money in the military to outspend the Soviet Union and win the Cold War. So, really, while manufacturing was in decline, bullets, R&D, and tanks, aka the military complex, was making a lot of shit that would just look pretty on satellite pictures.

So, in essence, ma nukka Obama is nothing like Reagan, at least in those terms. You could say he is kind of the opposite, maybe, kinda.

Marilio
01-31-2012, 05:33
You're right. Both of them didn't serve the people.

I'm inclined to say Obama served the people more than Reagan. It's not about ideology, but rather actions. Reagan blatantly served that small group of people

Shaehl
01-31-2012, 05:42
To begin with, Reagen wasn't that great himself. About the only thing he got right was cutting regulations. Second, you can't make comparisons based on what Obama says he believes, or what he says he will do, because nothing he says is genuine in the least. He is there to distract us with his charming, teleprompted speeches while the bankers and mega-corps that created his career fuck us all over.

Taxes are a sham issue. No matter what the percentage, the truly wealthy won't be paying them anyway. Not to mention the fact that all our taxes go to pay off the interest we owe to banks for every fucking dollar printed/credited into existence.

But keep on clamoring over the republicunt vs. demotwat political theatre. Plant your heels and put your all into that pointlessly polarizing tug of war. Don't mind the rut your futile fanaticism furrows. That's progress. Don't open your eyes. Don't stop till you're six feet under, and then, don't act surprised when you've dug your own grave.

Shaehl
01-31-2012, 05:43
I'm inclined to say Obama served the people more than Reagan. It's not about ideology, but rather actions. Reagan blatantly served that small group of people

I'm not going to defend Reagan, but if you think Obama hasn't been expressly and exclusively serving his corporate and banker sponsors then you live in a fucking bubble.

Marilio
01-31-2012, 05:50
I'm not going to defend Reagan, but if you think Obama hasn't been expressly and exclusively serving his corporate and banker sponsors then you live in a fucking bubble.

At least not openly. Reagan was blatant about it, that's my point.

Shaehl
01-31-2012, 06:03
At least not openly. Reagan was blatant about it, that's my point.

Not openly? Like appointed chief lobbyist at Monsanto as head of food safety at the FDA? Or making his sponsors at GE the only exception to his bullshit enviro-regulations? Or shelling out hundreds of millions in 0 interest loans and grants to his sponsors for 'cutting-edge' green industries that immediately file for bankruptcy? Or expanding the size and scope of the police state despite railing against it while campaigning? Or shelling out trillions to 'too big to fail' (aka, monopolies) businesses and banks?

Yeah, real subtle. Moreover, at least Reagen was willing to own up to his own policies, however flawed they might have been. On the other hand, I've given up listening to anything that comes out of Obama's mouth because I know it's just an irrelevant stream of pandering, political bullshit that has nothing to do with the reality of his intentions.

Kraven
01-31-2012, 08:26
Ugh.

Battle Smurf
01-31-2012, 17:14

Once upon a time you could get away with saying something like that. Making that comment in this day and age makes you look like a fucking retard who lives under a rock.

The right has gone so extreme since obama got elected that its forcing even their somewhat moderate (who in the eyes of the rest of the world were already extreme right) to go so far right that they just start making shit up entirely. Going so far as to make racist remarks and anti religious remarks about the president. The leader of the republican party compared obama to a fucking incompetent murdering ship captain.

Its one thing to have no respect for the person elected president its another to go so far as to compare the leader of your country and the free world to a radical muslim nlgger who is so incompetent he will get u killed. Which is EXACTLY what the ACTUAL ELECTED REPUBLICANS have said.

Its no longer some redneck farmers in south carolina saying that shit now its elected officials on TV no less doing it.

I was pissed off at how stuipid president george bush was and at him and the right for making our country look completely retarded as well as destroying our ecnomy, killing our soldiers needlessly in Iraq, taking away our civil liberties by listening into our phone calls without warrants, calling people who disagreed with them unamerican, and for a dozen other reasons.

But atleast republicans back then wern't saying the crazy shit that is being unchecked these days.

As much as I hated Bush for what he did to my country. I hated him for stuff he actually did I didn't make up complete lies and even if he had I wouldn't have said the shit republicans officials are saying now. And im just an ordinary guy no one cares what I say no one elected me or expects me to act right.

Bissen
01-31-2012, 17:28
Once upon a time you could get away with saying something like that. Making that comment in this day and age makes you look like a fucking retard who lives under a rock.

The right has gone so extreme since obama got elected that its forcing even their somewhat moderate (who in the eyes of the rest of the world were already extreme right) to go so far right that they just start making shit up entirely. Going so far as to make racist remarks and anti religious remarks about the president. The leader of the republican party compared obama to a fucking incompetent murdering ship captain.

Its one thing to have no respect for the person elected president its another to go so far as to compare the leader of your country and the free world to a radical muslim nlgger who is so incompetent he will get u killed. Which is EXACTLY what the ACTUAL ELECTED REPUBLICANS have said.

Its no longer some redneck farmers in south carolina saying that shit now its elected officials on TV no less doing it.

I was pissed off at how stuipid president george bush was and at him and the right for making our country look completely retarded as well as destroying our ecnomy, killing our soldiers needlessly in Iraq, taking away our civil liberties by listening into our phone calls without warrants, calling people who disagreed with them unamerican, and for a dozen other reasons.

But atleast republicans back then wern't saying the crazy shit that is being unchecked these days.

As much as I hated Bush for what he did to my country. I hated him for stuff he actually did I didn't make up complete lies and even if he had I wouldn't have said the shit republicans officials are saying now. And im just an ordinary guy no one cares what I say no one elected me or expects me to act right.

Holy fuck you live in a dream world if you can actually differentiate shit and crap.

Go up and read shaels post will ya, you ignorant bias bot. It's 2 post above the pile of bullshit you just spewed out.

Battle Smurf
01-31-2012, 17:31
Holy fuck you live in a dream world if you can actually differentiate shit and crap.

Go up and read shaels post will ya, you ignorant bias bot. It's 2 post above the pile of bullshit you just spewed out.

Im the one who lives in a dream world because I recognize I have to vote for the lesser of two evils rather then waste my vote for someone who has no chance in hell ever winning?

:rolleyes:

Shaehl
01-31-2012, 18:27
Im the one who lives in a dream world because I recognize I have to vote for the lesser of two evils rather then waste my vote for someone who has no chance in hell ever winning?

We've been voting the lesser of two evils into office for the last handful of decades. Guess what, it doesn't work. I'd rather not vote at all than participate in bringing into office some shit-souled, banker proxy, criminal--and I'm talking both sides of the fence here. The only difference between the parties is one of degree, not kind: each president one ups the last in terms of incompetency, criminality, and deceitfulness.

And again,

But keep on clamoring over the republicunt vs. demotwat political theatre. Plant your heels and put your all into that pointlessly polarizing tug of war. Don't mind the rut your futile fanaticism furrows. That's progress. Don't open your eyes. Don't stop till you're six feet under, and then, don't act surprised when you've dug your own grave.

Ziegler
01-31-2012, 19:35

Right...nobody on the left ever villified or denounced or insulted Bsuh....there wasnt a movie made about assassinating him, while he was still in office, there werent signs at his appearances stating they were going to kill him or anything like...yeah....only the right says bad things.

Just like the monkey picture of Obama...that was first done with Bush, or the Joker picture of Obama, that, again, was done to Bush first....

Your bias is showing I think.

Bissen
01-31-2012, 19:55

Nice comeback. How was your "change you can believe in"?

You're a fucking buffoon if you vote for the one that has stood for nothing but broken promises. You fell for their lies and now you're back promoting the fucking moron who's campaign was financed by the very banks he swore he'd take a battle with.

And I see you believe in mainstream media as well when they tell you who's electable or not. WAKE UP. The media is supposed to REPORT! Not guide society you fucked up propaganda induced retard.

GirlyMan
01-31-2012, 20:06
Obama never specified the meaning of change so we all assumed he referred to change as a shifting toward new objectives; instead of the reality that he actually was referring to a vague monetary grouping of small value.

Just don't ask him what change means to him or his eyes will light up as the spotlight shines on him, and he proceeds to give some grandiose speech of the 'value of change' in America; referencing it as some vague notion of something mildly pleasant we all know and love:

Change, For a Dollar: Reconciliations of 1-termer President by.
Bh2O.

Chris Windblade
02-01-2012, 07:25
lol the blind lead the blind..

oh and lol at obama any thing like Regan

Chris Windblade
02-01-2012, 07:31

hah nm its not even worth a discussion this issue tbo you are sold on a dictator in cheif. Good luck with that. It is interesting tho you say that regan said he wanted to raise taxes, yet he cut taxes across the board. It was his idea to have a flat tax in the first place. Remember the 11% flat tax... where do you think cain got the 999. any ways what ever. :bang: