PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying now?

jjjggg50
01-28-2012, 16:29
I'm an Eve Online veteran (started in 2003) and I recently got banned for some nasty stuff. I can't find another MMO which offers the same sort of depth and player-driven experience. I like the sound of Darkfall (it is one sexy feature list), however I have two main questions before I buy:

1) I am in the EU - if I buy an account on the EU server, what will the population be like?

2) How complex is the current political system between player-run clans?

screw loose
01-28-2012, 19:28
The EU server population is very bad. Lots of EU players are on the NA server (still pretty decent ping).

Politics is a major part of the game. To the average player it isn't seen but between clan leaders it is. One of my favorite aspects of this game is the politics between major clans.

Is it worth buying now? It depends on your patience. In development is their 2nd version of the game. It will be better. However, the game is still fun in its current state. The population is not ideal but not dead either (lots of people waiting for DF2). I think it's a good idea to get in game now and learn how things work.

tk123
01-28-2012, 19:37
Most certainly not, you will have to grind thousands of hours, literally thousands and spend years just to get an equal character with vets.

You will be grinding for years just to hopefully have some fun one day, In a dying game with a big threat of a wipe.

bobii
01-28-2012, 19:43
You will be grinding for years just to hopefully have some fun one day, In a dying game with a big threat of a wipe.

Depends on the gameplay style, but yes, before DF2 the magic grind is huge if you want everything.

The only "wipe" in DF2 will be some removed and/or changed skills and spells, but also adding new ones. (surely not going to wipe my gems worth millions)

If you buy "DF1", you won't have to pay again to play "DF2", its just another "free expansion" anyway.

Try the free trial if you haven't yet.

screw loose
01-28-2012, 19:45
Most certainly not, you will have to grind thousands of hours, literally thousands and spend years just to get an equal character with vets.

This guy is exaggerating extremely.

Ivon
01-28-2012, 22:06
I'm an Eve Online veteran (started in 2003) and I recently got banned for some nasty stuff. I can't find another MMO which offers the same sort of depth and player-driven experience. I like the sound of Darkfall (it is one sexy feature list), however I have two main questions before I buy:

1) I am in the EU - if I buy an account on the EU server, what will the population be like?

2) How complex is the current political system between player-run clans?

Ginger Magician, is that you? :p

And no, I wouldn't put money into this....yet.

Synister Zero
01-28-2012, 22:08
If you got banned from Eve for exploiting, you'll fit in nicely with the current population.

Ivon
01-28-2012, 22:17
If you got banned from Eve for exploiting, you'll fit in nicely with the current population.

But is it really 'exploiting' if you have to do it because everyone else is doing it?

Ginger Magician
01-29-2012, 00:08
Is that you in disguise Miz?

Lol.

The Undertaker
01-29-2012, 00:23

Lol.

No... thats not him :)

HmmMaybe
01-29-2012, 01:24
don't buy

Umki Bloodsoul
01-29-2012, 02:26
Looooooooooooooooooooooooow. :(

jjjggg50
01-29-2012, 09:42
I'm not Ginger Magician - I am Prencleeve Grothsmore. I got banned for harassing The Mittani (I phoned up his old workplace and made this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYj1C4Jw5o4)

Ivon
01-29-2012, 11:19
I'm not Ginger Magician - I am Prencleeve Grothsmore. I got banned for harassing The Mittani (I phoned up his old workplace and made this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYj1C4Jw5o4)

WHAT
THE
FUCK

With that kind of voice I would name my first born after your real name and my second born after your ingame name :eek:

Lol.

I forgot you all ready played this :(

Guest01
01-29-2012, 11:22
Yes, it's worth buying. If you create an ork or mahirim I may even be able to assist you until you get hang of the ropes.

Captain Kirk
01-30-2012, 00:35
Wait for 2.0 release