PDA

View Full Version : An Atheistic Defense of Tim Tebow

Jedicake
01-13-2012, 00:46
If you're a nerd that doesn't care about sports, hit the back button now.

I thought this was a great read from an atheist perspective.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201201/tebowing-and-tebow-talk-hits-atheist-community

StainlessSteelRat
01-13-2012, 00:48
Who gives a fuck if he genuflects? And why the fuck does he need anyone defending him?

People need to get a life.

(And I'm not directing this at you, OP, I know this shit is all over the news. It's just pathetic.)

muddymess
01-13-2012, 00:49
I don't see how this Tim Tebow character is special. He plays quarterback aggressively or something?

Makestro
01-13-2012, 00:53

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201201/tebowing-and-tebow-talk-hits-atheist-community

Football is a sport designed for the dumbest of the dumb.

Jedicake
01-13-2012, 00:54
Football is a sport designed for the dumbest of the dumb.

Elaborate.

I don't see how this Tim Tebow character is special. He plays quarterback aggressively or something?

In my opinion, hes an extremely good rusher, and he doesn't care about getting hit, obviously that isn't uncommon in quarterbacks, but it's still impressive how much he wants to just lower his shoulder and power through

Makestro
01-13-2012, 00:55
Elaborate.

There is no need to, just look at how the game was designed, the only sport that could be enjoyed by a dumber group of people is nascar.

Jedicake
01-13-2012, 00:57
There is no need to, just look at how the game was designed, the only sport that could be enjoyed by a dumber group of people is nascar.

"designed"? Do you hate it because of how complex it is or what?

Makestro
01-13-2012, 01:01
"designed"? Do you hate it because of how complex it is or what?

Here let me sum it up as quick as possible: http://youtu.be/cAOORBeM-Z0?t=11m4s

Football is hardly complex though.

nizzie
01-13-2012, 01:06

Ok, bye.

StainlessSteelRat
01-13-2012, 01:11
Ok, bye.

Better start learning some sports, nerds have to be smart..... ;)

BulletToothTony
01-13-2012, 01:46
huge tebow fan, he reminds me of warren moon

The guy gets called a bitch before every game by the tv pundits (like moon did) going all the way back to before he got the starting job, goes out and still plays QB the way he wanted to, wins the game (which is the object of the fucking game in the first place) and the tv pudnits fall all over the guys cock post show.

hillarious to watch. Could care less about the jesus stuff, fact my GF thinks he is still a virgin just makes it even more lolz.

nizzie
01-13-2012, 01:50
Better start learning some sports, nerds have to be smart..... ;)

I have IQ 156.

Falokis
01-13-2012, 01:56
I have IQ 156.I have IQ 157 and I love the Foosball.

Rachsucht
01-13-2012, 01:57
I have IQ 156.

I have IQ 158.

Erratic
01-13-2012, 02:08
The sports world in general would be lucky to have more people like Tim Tebow. I could care less about his religious "expressions" but what impresses me is his selflessness and overall emphasis on the team rather than himself.

Too many athletes are me first duchebags who deserve to get punched in the mouth...

Jedicake
01-13-2012, 02:20
Just to clarify, I am a nerd, but I'm also a casual fan of football and have a favorite football team, and root for them.

I just fucking HAAAATEEE people who feel the need to insult people that are fans of sports.

Or whine about the fact that people are talking about sports.

nizzie
01-13-2012, 02:22
I have IQ 158.

I think you lying.

Rachsucht
01-13-2012, 02:24
I think you lying.

No, I true.

Beradule
01-13-2012, 05:22
boo, I thought it was gonna be a video about an opposing defense just "not believing" in tim tebow's existence while playing him.

PirateGlen
01-13-2012, 05:32

What sport isn't simple?

Zokten
01-13-2012, 05:43
recent nationwide poll, 43 percent of those who knew of Tebow said they believed divine intervention was at least partly responsible for his success.

Made me laugh.....just like Makestro did.

[LoD] EE
01-13-2012, 05:58
Poll Finds 43 Percent Of People who are fans of Football are fucking idiots (http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/01/12/poll-finds-43-percent-of-people-believe-god-helps-tebow-win/)

muddymess
01-13-2012, 06:08
EE;5288750']Poll Finds 43 Percent Of People who are fans of Football are fucking idiots (http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/01/12/poll-finds-43-percent-of-people-believe-god-helps-tebow-win/)

God bless America.

Jedicake
01-13-2012, 06:18
EE;5288750']Poll Finds 43 Percent Of People who are fans of Football are fucking idiots (http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/01/12/poll-finds-43-percent-of-people-believe-god-helps-tebow-win/)

I'll happily agree with that.

Ragnarok Delrhe
01-13-2012, 06:19

who is he and what did he do? oh another religious nutjob from the US of A.

Jedicake
01-13-2012, 06:25
who is he and what did he do?

He's an overhyped scrambling QB (That's Quarterback), and people treat him like hes in the special olympics, hes considered a jesus freak, and is known for frequently practicing, and creating a phenomenon known as "Tebowing" that is getting on one knee and putting your fist to your forehead like a prayer.

Hes extremely controversial, and that article, written by an atheist, defends him, even though he obviously doesn't agree with his beliefs or practices. You should really read the article even if you don't care about football, it's a well thought out one.

Rokstarr
01-13-2012, 06:31
Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:11

mcap
01-13-2012, 06:32
At least he's true to his religion. 99.99% of religious nutjobs in the US only believe in the convenient parts. Tebow is by all accounts a virgin, doesn't go out drinking or partying and forgives people for just about everything. I mean, this is the guy who brought a girl with a brain tumor to an award show (http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091211/ARTICLES/912119976), probably the highlight of her life, because it was a nice thing to do.

Not a life I would want to live, but if you're going to be into a religion you should probably take the inconvenient parts with the rest of it.

Jedicake
01-13-2012, 06:39
At least he's true to his religion. 99.99% of religious nutjobs in the US only believe in the convenient parts. Tebow is by all accounts a virgin, doesn't go out drinking or partying and forgives people for just about everything. I mean, this is the guy who brought a girl with a brain tumor to an award show (http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091211/ARTICLES/912119976), probably the highlight of her life, because it was a nice thing to do.

Not a life I would want to live, but if you're going to be into a religion you should probably take the inconvenient parts with the rest of it.

You make a good point, at least hes a really good person.

GirlyMan
01-13-2012, 06:52
Unfortunately for Christians being nice isn't enough. Being nice doesn't "score points" with Jesus. Donating to charity and praying doesn't score points with Jesus. The only thing that scores points with Jesus is winning souls, not games.

Christians set near-impossible standards for themselves when they claim to follow Jesus. Few have done it; most of them being Catholic in modern times. Sell your home, sell your possessions, donate the money to charity and follow Jesus to win souls for God. There is no other path.

It's a shame. Whatever God Tebow prays to, perhaps Aries is definitely not a Christian. Following Eros for a season to prove you're a Christian? Blasphemy, from a Christian perspective.

Sorry, Tebow. Aries has a more pressing matters at hand.

There's my review of Tebow.

philipc4
01-13-2012, 07:12
His religion (Christianity) is part of WHO HE IS, and when he is all over the freakin TV cameras you might actually get a glimpse of, ironically enough, Tim Teebow.

He unabashedly lives according to his beliefs in a culture that (clearly) wants to demean him, mock him, and scoff at him. He is constantly outreaching to the sick and underprivileged.

It is immature and shameful to criticize this guy for the way he presents himself. We should look at this guy and see a man fully harnessing the freedom to be himself; the only side-effects being happier sick kids, football victories, and celebritized good moral influence.

ZeroCool
01-13-2012, 07:30
Jedi whats with all these religion/atheist themed threads lately?

Rokstarr
01-13-2012, 07:33
There's my review of Tebow.

Good thing there's only one reviewer that matters ;)

Jedicake
01-13-2012, 07:41

idk :p

Rokstarr
01-13-2012, 08:37

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as from the beginning of the creation." 2 Peter 3:3-4

Zokten
01-13-2012, 10:13
the only side-effects being happier sick kids, football victories, and celebritized good moral influence.

Don't forget the fuck tard fans he has spawned.