PDA

View Full Version : What would a Paul / Obama Debate Look Like

Zaffax
12-15-2011, 19:53
Because the two are polar opposites, and because Paul would be unlikely to go personal, I have to wonder if such a debate would lead to an actually substantive discussion within this country about the role of government.

That said, I wouldn't be suprised if Paul getting the nomination would lead to an all out war of ideologies between conservatives and liberals considering the radical differences between the two candidate's views on government.

nizzie
12-15-2011, 20:01
That said, I wouldn't be suprised if Paul getting the nomination would lead to an all out war of ideologies between conservatives and liberals considering the radical differences between the two candidate's views on government.

Why is RP a conservative? In my understanding he's anything else but.

Emolas
12-15-2011, 20:13
He's a religious nutjob, that's enough.

Zaffax
12-15-2011, 20:24
He's essentially the only conservative in the entire primary. Your statement makes no sense. You can't get more conservative than Paul who wants to dramatically reduce the size of the federal government, adopt a fiscally sound monetary policy (no more quantitative easing and spending more than the US can afford), and return power to the states.

:lmao:

Bissen
12-15-2011, 20:34
He's a religious nutjob, that's enough.I agree. Obama is a representative for the established medieval style thieving cartels currently robbing our future.

Emolas
12-15-2011, 20:44
I agree. Obama is a representative for the established medieval style thieving cartels currently robbing our future.

Q fucking Q.

Your best defense of Ron Paul is: "But look at Obama! Here's some simple-minded generalizations and referrals to criminal activity!"

Tough luck that I'm not a fan of Obama, either?

Rokstarr
12-15-2011, 20:46

He's the only conservative...

Jedicake
12-15-2011, 20:49

But hes the least religiously nutjobby of the republican candidates.

Chris Windblade
12-15-2011, 20:51
there would be no obama paul debate you forget how he was elected the frist time? he would sick the dogs on him.. you know bring out the gimp.. the gimp sleepin.. guess you going to have to wake him up then huh?

Bissen
12-15-2011, 20:58

You've been duped. Mainstream conservatives are far from being conservative. Calling a turd for food, doesn't make it so.

nizzie
12-15-2011, 23:16
He's essentially the only conservative in the entire primary. Your statement makes no sense. You can't get more conservative than Paul who wants to dramatically reduce the size of the federal government, adopt a fiscally sound monetary policy (no more quantitative easing and spending more than the US can afford), and return power to the states.

So he's conservative as long as you look at the rest of the conservatives (the vast majority) as non-conservatives, and consider the last 100 years of American conservative politics as a misstep which has to be corrected.

Abaratican
12-15-2011, 23:23
So he's conservative as long as you look at the rest of the conservatives (the vast majority) as non-conservatives, and consider the last 100 years of American conservative politics as a misstep which has to be corrected.

As long as you understand what the word "conservative" actually means/refers to, rather than simply knowing that large numbers of idiots falsely claim themselves to be conservative and taking that as fact.

nizzie
12-15-2011, 23:27
As long as you understand what the word "conservative" actually means/refers to, rather than simply knowing that large numbers of idiots

.. aka the entire Republican party?

Abaratican
12-15-2011, 23:29
.. aka the entire Republican party?

As long as you admit that Ron Paul is a libertarian... absolutely.

Though don't think that I'm just bashing republicans here; democrats are so much worse (when comparing two piles of shit with one another) that it's scary.

StrawberryClock
12-15-2011, 23:32
You've been duped. Mainstream conservatives are far from being conservative. Calling a turd for food, doesn't make it so.

Not really, conservatism has always been this retarded, in the modern case it's more of an aggressive-retarded variety.

Because the two are polar opposites, and because Paul would be unlikely to go personal, I have to wonder if such a debate would lead to an actually substantive discussion within this country about the role of government.

Neither Obama is a liberal nor Paul is a conservative. Obama's more in line with Bush than Gore or Kucinich.

Its the slide to the right rule, where all presidents slide to the right upon the presidency, Bush didn't advocate for war, didn't advocate for corporate obstruction as much, didn't advocate for fucking up education, but campaigned more on a centrist platform.

Obama has campaigned left, moved to the right.